Author Topic: Len'en Project by JynX? (First 3 games updated)  (Read 261466 times)

Plastic Vortex

• Girl is ranking up
  • Please wait warmly
Is it just me, or I don't really like JynX's use of the blue and green lasers? (eg. the ones used for Mitsumo's second nonspell) They don't feel very laser-like, they kinda feel like stretched bullets made to look like lasers.
I personally think that the ones that Kujiru uses are much better, but that's just me.

Is it just me, or I don't really like JynX's use of the blue and green lasers? (eg. the ones used for Mitsumo's second nonspell) They don't feel very laser-like, they kinda feel like stretched bullets made to look like lasers.
I personally think that the ones that Kujiru uses are much better, but that's just me.

I think they actually -are- stretched bullets.  Last time I played, if I remember correctly, they would only graze once.

BPoHC ver0.02a has been released! Changelog:
  • The money glitches that occur when buying stuff with Sudden Death Mode on have been fixed.
  • The power gauge now has lines indicating each power level.
  • If the Barrier Gauge is already refilling during a conversation or stage result screen, it'll immediately fill all the way up. (So you don't have to idle at the dialogue waiting for it to refill.)
  • Loading screen graphics, character names and Spell Card names can now be edited.
  • When editing dialogue files, commas can now be displayed by typing ",@". (Since commas are treated as part of the code, attempting to insert more of them on their own can cause errors.)
  • Shion's "Id-kun" and "Es-chan" skills do less damage now.
  • The umbrellas from Jun's skill no longer spawn as frequently.
  • Various typo corrections.
If you want to preserve your save data, just transfer over the contents of the previous demo's save_dat folder.

Koog

• I live to protect those dear to me,
  • as a good friend would.
So, started to play this game (on Easy obviously... Normal seems too hard for me ;_;) Already mained Iyozane and Shion. Also found Suzumi on Easy...

If you can give a begginer some few tips. I would appreciate it...
« Last Edit: June 17, 2015, 01:13:34 AM by KogasaxNue »
Mwahahahahha!

Just to summarize things up for UPGRADES, correct me if it's wrong
Range from level 0-level 15 (max)

Power stuffs
  • Increase player's default power (Cheap Jun 0-15%, 1% each level)
  • Increase player's default power (Expensive Kunimitsu 0-20%, 1.33% each level)

Barrier stuffs
  • Reduce damage taken (Aoji 0-25%, 1.67% each level)
  • Reduce time to make barrier regen (Kaisen, 0-50%, 3.33% each level)
  • Faster barrier regen (Kurohebi 0-100%, 6.67% each level)

Gauge stuffs
  • Increase Barrier Gauge (Cheap Mitsumo 0-10%, 0.67% each level)
  • Increase Barrier Gauge (Expensive Yabusame 0-20%, 1.33% each level)
  • Increase HP Gauge (Cheap Souko 0-10%, 0.67% each level)
  • Increase HP Gauge (Expensive Shion, 0-20%, 1.33% each level)

Item stuffs
  • Slower item fall (Shou 0-50%, 3.33% each level)
  • Wide item collection area (Kujiru 0-100%, 6.67 each level)
  • Shorter item auto-collecting line (Sese, 0-100%, 6.67% each level)

Speed stuffs
  • Decrease the speed of gauge moving left/right (Tsugumi 0-50%, 3.33% each level)
  • Increase the speed of gauge moving left/right (Tsubakura 0-50%, 3.33% each level)

Thrill area & Hitbox stuffs
  • Shrink hitbox & thrill area (Iyozane 0-50%, 3.33% each level)
  • Increase thrill area (Medias 0-100%, 6.67% each level)

Time boost stuffs
  • More invisibility time after hit (Lumen,0-50%, 3.33% each level)
  • Increase deathbomb time (Fumikado 0-100%, 6.67 each level)

Other Stuffs
  • Reduce chance to get sub-events (Kuzumi, 0-30%, 2% each level)

Since I'm always using Yabusame-Tsubakura-Shion
I'm focusing on upgrades for Jun or Kunimitsu to make shotgunning more effective
With Shou or Kujiru or Sese to collect power faster (since Yabusame doesn't have homing at the start of the game)
With some Mitsumo or Yabusame for barrier (in case you can't kill enemy faster and you're not a good dodger)
And additionally Kurohebi or Kaisen to regen the barrier faster (making your barrier an Immortal-like)
Suzumi might be important, but leave it to last option
« Last Edit: June 17, 2015, 04:05:25 AM by Vigor »

Sudden Death Mode
What is the Sudden Death Mode?
Easy: PoDD, FW, LoLK
Normal: SoEW, UFO, HSiFS
Hard: LLS, MS, EoSD, PoFW, MoF, SA, TD, DDC
Lunatic: PCB, IN
Extra: EoSD, PCB, IN, MoF, TD, DDC, HSiFS; Phantasm

What is the Sudden Death Mode?

It's basically this game's "legacy" mode. Getting hit makes you lose one life bar. No health gauges, no barriers. You can switch between modes in the options menu, I think it's the 1st option after volume.
My name is Tres. It sounds like "Tray". Tressert is "Tray-zurt"; like Tres dessert.
I've cleared every touhou game on Lunatic, and beaten every extra except SoEW.
NMNB: MoF Hard, SA Extra, UFO Extra

The LE04_0_2a is a bit harder than the previous 0.01a version. Jun's umbrella spawn less now.

I wonder if Jynx will release a "true legacy" mode, with 6 straight stages.  No routes, maybe no upgrades too?   I really like the new game format but I also miss the old style!  Maybe there will be both?  I mean, there -are- two modes other than normal mode and tutorial mode. 

LunaWillow

• >Everyone: Pose as a team
  • The world is real.
I wonder if Jynx will release a "true legacy" mode, with 6 straight stages.  No routes, maybe no upgrades too?   I really like the new game format but I also miss the old style!  Maybe there will be both?  I mean, there -are- two modes other than normal mode and tutorial mode.
You can always turn off all upgrades if you want to have old-school gameplay.
Normal 1cc: EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, SA, UFO, TD, DDC, HSiFS
Hard 1cc: PoFV
Extra Clear: PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF
Other Stuff: ISC all clear

I imagine that would be hard to implement... I guess he could have a classic mode for Haze and a classic mode for Pagoda, but how would he implement the Senri shrine route? The bosses in that route are pretty much random.

Though honestly I think you're right and I'd guess that would be the arcade mode. I'm just curious as to how he'll do it.
My name is Tres. It sounds like "Tray". Tressert is "Tray-zurt"; like Tres dessert.

Validon98

• Deathguard Night Sparrow
  • Harbingers, yo.
Off topic slightly, but I remember someone had uploaded a mp3 collection of the music from the first two games, and I can't seem to find the link to them (hard drive wipe made me lose the version I had). I've tried finding a good YouTube version of the EE OST, but none of them are that great. Anyone got a properly two looped with fadeout version of at least EE's music?
Derping at Touhou since June 2012, derping at RPing Touhou since Feburary 2013.

Devil of Decline Partial English Gameplay Patch!
Let's Play Nightmare of Rebellion!

Validon98

• Harbingers, yo.
Ah right, I must of glossed over it by accident, thank you!

Jun's umbrellas are really OP so with the rate of it spawning reduce the number of my asses saved reduced  :V
And then I met Shou's last spell with the sub-event "Undead" so in unreal that spell being a timeout is really bad lel
I found out that there's practice mode for stages too, meddle with it and you get difficulties much harder than ABEX. :P
also 9 difficulty levels so maybe a homage to ⑨

Just wondering, did someone already translated the quote stuffs in skills?
Since the explanation / definition was already roughly translated before (http://pastebin.com/nLEiFTKW)

I'm trying to translate some by Google Translate and I found that
Kurohebi's skill was quoted by Kuroji,
Kujiru's skill was quoted by Yabusame,
Suzumi's skill was quoted by Tsubakura
and maybe more (haven't translate all of them yet)

And might be a little help in translating for this part (from Suzumi's skill) will be appreciated
一部の例外を除いてこの世に危険な物なんて
        実際のところほとんどない
             そしてあいつがその例外だ
                   ―――燕楽 玄鳥

Validon98

• Harbingers, yo.
All of the music translations can be found on the Len'en wiki, for all four games under their music sections.

Evanescent Existence
Earthen Miraculous Sword
Reactivate Majestical Imperial
Brilliant Pagoda or Haze Castle

Note for BPoHC, the tracklist in the download link is organized differently (it tries to emulate the usual stage-boss-stage-boss pattern by doing the stage 1 theme, then the stage 1 boss themes, then the stage 2 themes, etc., so it's not the same order as on the wiki, which uses the music room order).

And might be a little help in translating for this part (from Suzumi's skill) will be appreciated
一部の例外を除いてこの世に危険な物なんて
        実際のところほとんどない
             そしてあいつがその例外だ
                   ―――燕楽 玄鳥

"Aside from a few exceptions, there's hardly anything in this world that's really, truly dangerous. And [Suzumi]'s one of the exceptions. --Tsubakura Genraku" edit: ENRAKU lmao
« Last Edit: June 21, 2015, 02:32:05 AM by gilde »

For anyone interested and unaware, there's a poll going on at the Len'En wiki over which pronouns to use in translation. link.

On an unrelated note, how do you guys get the character images for the wiki?
« Last Edit: June 20, 2015, 03:09:12 AM by TresserT »

"Aside from a few exceptions, there's hardly anything in this world that's really, truly dangerous. And [Suzumi]'s one of the exceptions. --Tsubakura Enraku"

Thanks for the translations~

I'm just asking for a confirmation for Suzumi's hidden spot
In the http://lenen.shoutwiki.com, it mentioned 2 tiles left from center in middle stage 3
I actually got Suzumi 6 times in a row in easy and Suzumi appears UP TO 2 tiles to left / right from center & UP TO 2 tiles to left from white side edge
I haven't tried the red side edge yet
And again 'm not happy with finding Suzumi 6 times in a row..

Also, I think I found an easy way to find Suzumi,
Stage 1 : Go to left / right, and fight Mitsumo / Shouko
Stage 2 : Just go back to center and defeat the boss whoever it is (Aoji / Shou)
Stage 3 : If you're from left, go to Haze Castle side (red side); If you're from right, go to Brilliant Pagoda side (white side)
Since Mitsumo / Shouko won't appear twice at the end of stage, Suzumi probably gonna replace one of it
This might work, to lazy to try and trying to fight Suzumi again....

Edit : It's actually working, I actually fight Mitsumo (left), Aoji (right), and Suzumi (left, red side edge)
« Last Edit: June 21, 2015, 02:27:25 PM by Vigor »

I'm just asking for a confirmation for Suzumi's hidden spot
In the http://lenen.shoutwiki.com, it mentioned 2 tiles left from center in middle stage 3
I actually got Suzumi 6 times in a row in easy and Suzumi appears UP TO 2 tiles to left / right from center & UP TO 2 tiles to left from white side edge
I haven't tried the red side edge yet
And again 'm not happy with finding Suzumi 6 times in a row..

Also, I think I found an easy way to find Suzumi,
Stage 1 : Go to left / right, and fight Mitsumo / Shouko
Stage 2 : Just go back to center and defeat the boss whoever it is (Aoji / Shou)
Stage 3 : If you're from left, go to Haze Castle side (red side); If you're from right, go to Brilliant Pagoda side (white side)
Since Mitsumo / Shouko won't appear twice at the end of stage, Suzumi probably gonna replace one of it
This might work, to lazy to try and trying to fight Suzumi again....

Edit : It's actually working, I actually fight Mitsumo (left), Aoji (right), and Suzumi (left, red side edge)

I get Suzumi everytime by going straight down the middle.

I get Suzumi everytime by going straight down the middle.

I think most probably you just have to beat the demo with all characters first, then go any route as long as you end up in the middle route (aka the Senri shrine entrance thingy) at stage 3.

Looks like the scheme below works always. The player always gets Kuzu on the routes marked in the picture, if (s)he completes third level on the utmost or centermost small cell (and never turns sideways on the centermost route), i.e.
-1, -1, -1... -10
0, 0, 0... 0
+1, +1, +1... +10

To facilitate utmost-side level passing is useful to buy Tsubakura upgrades (and don't use Tsugumi upgrades) and use characters that spread damage zone to the entire screen regardless of character's location, i.e. Tsugumi or Shion with her first skill.

Looks like the scheme below works always. The player always gets Kuzu on the routes marked in the picture, if (s)he completes third level on the utmost or centermost small cell (and never turns sideways on the centermost route), i.e.
-1, -1, -1... -10
0, 0, 0... 0
+1, +1, +1... +10

To facilitate utmost-side level passing is useful to buy Tsubakura upgrades (and don't use Tsugumi upgrades) and use characters that spread damage zone to the entire screen regardless of character's location, i.e. Tsugumi or Shion with her first skill.

I don't know if you already knew this, but I'm pretty sure there's an extra requirement for fighting Suzumi. I think it's that you have to see all the other bosses, but I'm not sure. I know that I've foughten Sese at the Senri shrine.

Validon98

• Harbingers, yo.
I never got Suzumi to show up until all other bosses were defeated, even when going two cells left or right of center on Senri Shrine Stage 3, so I think that's a definite condition.

As I remember, I managed to fought Suzumi before I met Mitsumo, Kesa, and Azuma
Right and middle path is much more easier fitting for me~

I'm scared of what size this scheme will be for the full game. If more general regularities will not be found, the last scheme column will be 27 times longer, although it now barely fits to the screen.

It might not be 100% related to Len'en, but JynX has uploaded a new video. It's apparently part of his April Fools series (at least style-wise), but the date is quite unusual. I wonder if that means something?

Well, it's an "EX+alpha" stage of... some sort of Touhou fangame (?) made with the BPoHC engine (same system and everything). It has some cameos from previous April Fools videos, too (as midbosses).

The stage boss' spellcard background is quite similar to Suzumi's.

Also (something that might actually be related to BPoHC), the squares where you fight the midbosses are colored differently. I wonder if that'll be implemented into the full version of BPoHC or it was just for this video... or for the EX stage only (?)

Oh, and I forgot: here's Jynx's tweet regarding the video. I have 0 Japanese skills tho', so if somebody could translate it to see what's this about it'd be pretty nice.

EDIT: Oops, fixed the links.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2015, 08:36:50 PM by log(log(Rumia)) »