Author Topic: Len'en Project by JynX? (First 3 games updated)  (Read 261551 times)

That's what you're supposed to do. What exactly are you trying to change, and what files are you changing? Are you changing "skill_(character's name)_(00/01)".txt or are you changing "upgrade_(character's name)".txt? Do you want to change the upgrades (the 2nd screen in the in-game upgrade menu) or the skills (the 3rd screen)?

I don't know if this is your problem, but to see the edited text for skills you have to unlock the skill first. Otherwise it'll just show a locked screen message.

Problem solved ! Thanks a lot ! I didn't know that you had to unlock the skill first in order to see the edited text. Now i can understand all those upgrade stuff (thanks to gilde's translation)

Validon98

• Deathguard Night Sparrow
  • Harbingers, yo.
Still not much more done in terms of skills, I'm probably going to skip out on translating the quotes at the end of each one because I'm not that great with dialogue-like translations. In the meanwhile though, I've worked some more on the cell effect stuff and got the images for all of the different troop and regiment types translated. All that's left afterwards is the midboss names and subtitles, and then that folder will be 100% done.

This download also contains the upgrade images again, so it's more of an "all-in-one" package kind of a deal.
Derping at Touhou since June 2012, derping at RPing Touhou since Feburary 2013.

Devil of Decline Partial English Gameplay Patch!
Let's Play Nightmare of Rebellion!

LunaWillow

• >Everyone: Pose as a team
  • The world is real.
I'm probably going to skip out on translating the quotes at the end of each one because I'm not that great with dialogue-like translations.
:< But I'd like to know what characters are saying...
But besides, thank you for all translations! They really, really help, especially event ones. I don't think I would get the game so much without them!

More about the game:
  • Tsugumi's first skill helps a lot, Fumikaido now moves as fast as Iyozane normally does!
  • I can't really tell which combination is better, Fumikaido as main and Iyozane as sub or reverse? Iyozane is very cool both as sub (her flash bomb rocks) and main. Too bad you can't do Iyozane/Iyozane.
  • I should've bought more skills before, they help a lot!
  • It's kinda funny that I encountered Suzumi the most of all stage three bosses (I fought her 7 times!) and she's supposed to be secret.
Normal 1cc: EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, SA, UFO, TD, DDC, HSiFS
Hard 1cc: PoFV
Extra Clear: PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF
Other Stuff: ISC all clear

I'm surprised someone is asking about Jun, she appeard as many times as Kurohebi did for me (or even more). The person that didn't wanted to show up for me the most was Aoji (and I go mostly center route). I got her only two times. It seems she really is shy.
I only once got Jun (for the second time even a side subcolumn shift didn't help), but constantly get Aoji on Center-Center routes and at least once get her on Left-Center route.

Looks like the most of the "route --> boss" rules is centrally symmetric, i.e. "left-left-center" and "right-right-center" routes leads to the same boss (Sese), except utmost locations on each level. Now I'm trying to find all of this functions "Boss = f (dir1, dir2, dir3)".
Easy: PoDD, FW, LoLK
Normal: SoEW, UFO, HSiFS
Hard: LLS, MS, EoSD, PoFW, MoF, SA, TD, DDC
Lunatic: PCB, IN
Extra: EoSD, PCB, IN, MoF, TD, DDC, HSiFS; Phantasm

draganuv15

Welcome to Bullet Hell!

I get the 'hidden' boss EVERY time in any variation of stage 3 center on Normal. I don't know if I'm just ending up in the same route every time and I don't know it but it's starting to get annoying.

Okay, so I found the source of the bug I think. If you buy any upgrades or skills while in legacy/OHKO mode, you get 999,999,999 booze instead. Drinks on me?
My name is Tres. It sounds like "Tray". Tressert is "Tray-zurt"; like Tres dessert.
I've cleared every touhou game on Lunatic, and beaten every extra except SoEW.
NMNB: MoF Hard, SA Extra, UFO Extra

LunaWillow

• The world is real.
I get the 'hidden' boss EVERY time in any variation of stage 3 center on Normal. I don't know if I'm just ending up in the same route every time and I don't know it but it's starting to get annoying.
Same with me.

Anyways, in the meanwhile I put the translation of the tutorial (from the wiki) in the game files! Here's the download if anyone wants. Put this in the "talk" folder in "text_dat".
« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 02:09:23 PM by LunaWillow »

Nolegs the Cat

• >Sʜᴇ ᴅᴇᴘᴇɴᴅs ᴏɴ ʏᴏᴜ. >Sʜᴇ ᴅᴇᴘᴇɴᴅs ᴏɴ ʏᴏᴜ.
So, um....
How do I download? :V
I can't read Japanese and translators are as helpful as ever. That is, not helpful, at all.

So, um....
How do I download? :V
I can't read Japanese and translators are as helpful as ever. That is, not helpful, at all.
https://mega.co.nz/#!TBhHnLpA!KPuYE1l1J86YQ94FabSKDJ25Js2H0HnYVqjk1axl0jg - a folder containing the unpacked game with all translation patches from this thread installed.
Easy: PoDD, FW, LoLK
Normal: SoEW, UFO, HSiFS
Hard: LLS, MS, EoSD, PoFW, MoF, SA, TD, DDC
Lunatic: PCB, IN
Extra: EoSD, PCB, IN, MoF, TD, DDC, HSiFS; Phantasm

Nolegs the Cat

• >Sʜᴇ ᴅᴇᴘᴇɴᴅs ᴏɴ ʏᴏᴜ. >Sʜᴇ ᴅᴇᴘᴇɴᴅs ᴏɴ ʏᴏᴜ.
https://mega.co.nz/#!TBhHnLpA!KPuYE1l1J86YQ94FabSKDJ25Js2H0HnYVqjk1axl0jg - a folder containing the unpacked game with all translation patches from this thread installed.

Thank you  :3

draganuv15

After some more testing in terms of what skills are actually useful and what-not I can say that Shion/Tsubakura/Yabusame is probably the best set up. The familiars and Tsubakura's upgraded flash-bomb are invaluable in Unreal runs. Jun's umbrellas are also quite helpful but they're mostly only live-saving when your vision is impaired or your horizontal movement is flipped.

Oh and here's an Unreal run showing why you should probably avoid fighting Suzumi even with a ton of upgrades.

Validon98

• Harbingers, yo.
...So I'm pretty certain there is no way to beat Suzumi on Unreal without taking a hit somewhere. That is some incredibly ridiculous danmaku there.

I still have yet to fight Suzumi myself, but I'm certainly going to stick to Normal for that.

draganuv15

It isn't even that their patterns are particularly complicated or too dense to really navigate through, it's that their danmaku moves far too fast, even on some of the denser spells. If you happen to have particularly good reactions then the first and second spells are potentially doable (the second spell is actually the most reasonable spell they have and possibly capturable without a ton of upgrades.) Their third and last spells are uncapturable though because some of the walls of knives during the third spell may phase out far too close to the bottom of the screen, then phase back in and fall at a ridiculous speed. Survival card is a no brainer though, after the second phase the bullets get too dense and too fast far too quickly and the last phase is probably the most ridiculous "pattern" I've ever come across in any of the games for too many reasons.

I'm kind of scared but also really pumped for the full game if it's anything like this. Haven't quite been challenged like this than the time I fought Tenkai on Absurdly Extra.

Validon98

• Harbingers, yo.
...Okay, so twice I've gone to 11:-2 on Stage 3:0, and still no Suzumi (I got Sese first run, Lumen second run). Is there anything in particular that makes him/her show up, or is it just pure dumb luck?

draganuv15

...Okay, so twice I've gone to 11:-2 on Stage 3:0, and still no Suzumi (I got Sese first run, Lumen second run). Is there anything in particular that makes him/her show up, or is it just pure dumb luck?

I honestly have no idea to be honest. Every time I've been to that cell I've always fought Suzumi. Though they've also shown up at 11:-3 as well for me so it might be random or there may actually be some sort of method to it.

Also from what I've seen from their translated dialogue I now know why they're batshit hard to beat because they may be literally trying to kill you no holds barred and Tsubakura is apparently scared of them which says a lot about them to be honest.

It isn't even that their patterns are particularly complicated or too dense to really navigate through, it's that their danmaku moves far too fast, even on some of the denser spells. If you happen to have particularly good reactions then the first and second spells are potentially doable (the second spell is actually the most reasonable spell they have and possibly capturable without a ton of upgrades.) Their third and last spells are uncapturable though because some of the walls of knives during the third spell may phase out far too close to the bottom of the screen, then phase back in and fall at a ridiculous speed. Survival card is a no brainer though, after the second phase the bullets get too dense and too fast far too quickly and the last phase is probably the most ridiculous "pattern" I've ever come across in any of the games for too many reasons.

I'm kind of scared but also really pumped for the full game if it's anything like this. Haven't quite been challenged like this than the time I fought Tenkai on Absurdly Extra.

I've actually captured all her spells with Iyozane (the ghost familiar, Jun's umbrellas, Fumikado's flash bomb) on Unreal except for her survival. For the knife spell, Jun's umbrellas can make holes in the walls that you can use. As for her last spell, I have the first 2 phases pretty much down (the ghost familiar helps for the 1st phase). The next 3 are ridiculous, but Jun's umbrellas, the ghost, and good use of the flash bomb make it possible (though still absurdly hard). Even with all the stuff I mentioned, the last phase is still undoable.

And personally I have the hardest time with her first spell (excluding the survival).
« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 06:52:17 PM by TresserT »
My name is Tres. It sounds like "Tray". Tressert is "Tray-zurt"; like Tres dessert.

draganuv15

OK so I decided to test an Unreal battle against Suzumi with no familiars at all (I did use Tsubakura's upgraded flashbomb and extra barrier/health upgrades though.) and can confirm that the battle is... actually pretty possible if you know what you're doing. If you understand that all of their duplicated follow the same path as the original bullet then the battle becomes a massive memory test.

-First Spell: Bullets follow the exact same path back the way they originally came from. Find a safe pocket and hide out there and then flash-bomb when you have the opportunity to safely (flashbombing actually massive reduces the lethality of the attack because you basically give yourself a few-second long safespot until they fire their next wave.
-Second Spell: If you can time Tsubakura's upgraded flashbomb right (Like just as they fire their lines of double-bullets) you have that spell in the bag. As long as you stay out of the way of the knives and graze the double trails you're golden.
-Third Spell: Don't stick to the bottom because you're likely to run into knives that way. When bullets phase out at the bottom move up slightly and dodge round any knife walls if possible. Best to use a really fast character here I feel.
-Survival Spell: After the first two waves the spell becomes virtually impossible unless you have superhuman reflexes. The bullets are fired/phase in/out far too quickly to keep up. Don't even get me started on the last wave.

At least that's what my tactics are and with said tactics I can beat them and lose one life. Multiple barriers and Tsubakura's flashbomb are your best friends in that fight though.

So I just went and fought Suzumi on 3 different difficulties. Easy, cuz easy. That was still a bit of a challenge, but honestly, I've perfected every boss on easy. So I went for normal, but was unsure of facing her so stayed at 11:0 and STILL ran into her, Again, challenging, but doable. Only spell I missed was the survival. Tried Hard since I pretty much had all upgrades, but I've been playing pretty much since the release :3 And decided that I wasn't going to risk it after seeing the Unreal fight against her.
After some more testing in terms of what skills are actually useful and what-not I can say that Shion/Tsubakura/Yabusame is probably the best set up. The familiars and Tsubakura's upgraded flash-bomb are invaluable in Unreal runs. Jun's umbrellas are also quite helpful but they're mostly only live-saving when your vision is impaired or your horizontal movement is flipped.

Oh and here's an Unreal run showing why you should probably avoid fighting Suzumi even with a ton of upgrades.

So I actively avoided the Left-Center section because I wanted to fight Lumen since I love her updated theme, and ran into Suzumi AGAIN on 11:1. Has anyone encountered her further than this to the right on Third Stage Center column? And I think my coordination must be getting better, because everything went well until the Survival after the lazer fans. Still 1CC'd though! Uuuugh I wanna post my replays so bad...

LunaWillow

• The world is real.
I didn't knew it is possible to have four events at the same time! I kinda got surprised when I encountered it.
Also, Shion OP, pls nerf.

Anyway, I wanted to present what I've been working on for last couple days - Shrine Team's scenario translation (again, from the wiki) in-game!

Notes:
  • It does not include toturial translation I uploaded before.
  • Text may be off in some lines, namely Kunimitsu's dialogue. I had no idea how to shorten it. There might also be something in Lumen's dialogue, since I haven't checked it (curse you, Sese...).
  • Every personal pronoun is left in my interpretation of given character's gender. If you disagree with me on that terms, feel free to change it.

What's with the fanfare sound when you have four events lol

Validon98

• Harbingers, yo.
What's with the fanfare sound when you have four events lol

Given it's JynX, it's probably meant to be sort of a wicked sense of humor. It's like "oh you got four events, you're lucky, although now you're probably going to die~", given the fact that most events are negative with the exception of a few.

Haha! Found an Icicle Fall -Easy-, and for Suzumi no less. On Unreal, her third spell, go to the very bottom of the screen. The bullets are moving so fast they completely skip over you. This can be done without any of Iyozane's upgrades.

Validon98

• Harbingers, yo.
Unrelated to BPoHC, but I noticed on the Shoutwiki for Len'en, Iyozane's theme is translated as In the Gloomy Straits, Steady as Xe Goes, but whoever wrote it as that is wrong. The phrase is meant to refer to a sailing ship, so it should be Steady as She Goes. I know you guys are trying to be super gender neutral (although personally can't you use something other than Xe/xyr/xem, it doesn't look remotely like English), but that doesn't mean EVERY pronoun is gender neutral.

Unrelated to BPoHC, but I noticed on the Shoutwiki for Len'en, Iyozane's theme is translated as In the Gloomy Straits, Steady as Xe Goes, but whoever wrote it as that is wrong. The phrase is meant to refer to a sailing ship, so it should be Steady as She Goes. I know you guys are trying to be super gender neutral (although personally can't you use something other than Xe/xyr/xem, it doesn't look remotely like English), but that doesn't mean EVERY pronoun is gender neutral.

I understand the gender neutrality and all of that but I have to agree heartily with you.  It feels -so- weird to see so many X'es in english text.  I'd much prefer conveniently calling them all female like the touhou wiki.  Makes reading not so strange, especially 'xyr'.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2015, 06:04:28 PM by Linnah »

I understand the gender neutrality and all of that but I have to agree heartily with you.  It feels -so- weird to see so many X'es in english text.  I'd much prefer conveniently calling them all female like the touhou wiki.  Makes reading not so strange, especially 'xyr'.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels this way. And if people really want to keep it gender neutral they could just use "they, them, their" etc. It's improper english but it still feels more natural than "xym".

draganuv15

I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels this way. And if people really want to keep it gender neutral they could just use "they, them, their" etc. It's improper english but it still feels more natural than "xym".

Actually, using they/them/theirs is proper English! It's a little informal to use in that sort of tense but it can still be used in singular tense.

Also I'm pretty sure "Steady as She Goes" refers to the boat and not the person anyway in terms of the actual meaning of the saying.  So the song title isn't referring to Iyozane themselves I don't think.

Validon98

• Harbingers, yo.
Also I'm pretty sure "Steady as She Goes" refers to the boat and not the person anyway in terms of the actual meaning of the saying.  So the song title isn't referring to Iyozane themselves I don't think.

That's pretty much what I said, given that Iyozane's meant to be like a pirate (or at least wants to be), so it makes more sense for "she" since it's an expression that usually refers to a boat.

And huh, didn't know it could be used like that properly. Whelp!

Arcorann

• hey catgirl
  • Surprisingly unkempt
The lovely thing about wikis is that you can be bold and make changes instead of simply complaining about it. Just saying.

I'll bring up your concerns to the wiki people and see if we can't get all of this pronoun business sorted out. You're welcome to join us, of course. (Incidentally,  although I am personally prefer using singular they, I have to admit that it looks weird as well.)
« Last Edit: June 14, 2015, 02:15:22 AM by Arcorann »

LunaWillow

• The world is real.
Unrelated to BPoHC, I decided to finaly 1cc EMS normal.

Got to Yaorochi's last spellcard, died there. First try. It's worth noting, that in my previous runs I usually died on Sukune, never got to Orochi before. And I haven't played this game for quite a while.
Second try today - died right before Shou :getdown: This game is soo unforgivable

Holy shit, Shion is soo broken. I can do unreal without any problems at all, and capture all spellcards because of how powerful her familiars are. I'm feeling like I'm cheating. I wonder if she'll be as OP in a full.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 05:54:58 AM by LunaWillow »