Author Topic: Len'en Project by JynX? (First 3 games updated)  (Read 261529 times)

Oh dear, looks like the game will be relatively complicated for non-japanese speakers to get through with then.

Still though, release in only one month is awesome!

Some things to add on to that:
  • The bars at the bottom of the screen are for the player, actually, not enemies. The enemies' "attack power" stat indicates how much the Barrier bar will decrease when you get hit. Aside from that, yeah, that's about it. According to JynX, this basically means there's less of a penalty for getting hit, which balances out the fact that the stages can't be memorized like usual. There's also a legacy mode for if you want to play with a normal life system.
  • The list of characters on the item menu is actually the list of upgrades; any given upgrade applies to all playable characters at once. So, like, you're not buying upgrades for a character, you're buying upgrades from them...? Or at least, upgrades styled after them? Like, the Yabusame upgrade increases health, and I'd imagine the Tsubakura upgrade increases attack power or something. You can also toggle upgrades and skills on and off whenever.
  • The list also includes bosses, so there's not going to be a giant number of playable characters. Each boss's upgrade is unlocked after defeating them, reasonably enough.
  • Also the "money" is actually, no joke, booze. Counted in gallons, judging by the upgrade screen.

Ugh... I'm not trying to bash on anybody, but I really hope this game gets translated faster than the other games. If that sounds unappreciative or disrespectful than I'm really sorry. This game doesn't seem like it would be playable without a translation/learning Japanese.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2015, 04:55:56 AM by TresserT »
My name is Tres. It sounds like "Tray". Tressert is "Tray-zurt"; like Tres dessert.
I've cleared every touhou game on Lunatic, and beaten every extra except SoEW.
NMNB: MoF Hard, SA Extra, UFO Extra

Double post, but it's worth it I swear.

I don't know a lick of japanese. But what I do know i this- it's June 4th, and Jynx posted on twitter a link to the vector website with a download titled "Le04_0_01a.zip", and google translate says "It came day!" I'm currently not in a position to check it out, anyone care to take a look?

BPoHC?

-EDIT: Holy crap! Just realized he made all the text in .txt format! You can literally change the in game text directly from your folder.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2015, 03:30:16 PM by TresserT »
My name is Tres. It sounds like "Tray". Tressert is "Tray-zurt"; like Tres dessert.

-EDIT: Holy crap! Just realized he made all the text in .txt format! You can literally change the in game text directly from your folder.

I know, right? It's great! Even the image files are editable. (And it's a good thing, too, because some of the random events are... basically instant death if you don't know what their effects are.)

Haven't done a full playthrough yet, but here's the remaining gameplay mechanics from the manual and so on:
  • There's an option in the in-game Config menu to enable regular bombs while unfocused (as long as the Flash Bomb gauge isn't full). Finally!
  • Deathbombs are only possible when you lose a life, ie. when your current HP gauge is about to be depleted. A successful deathbomb will completely refill the current HP gauge.
  • You only lose your currently-held bombs when you lose a life as well.
  • With your default stats, it takes about 60 seconds for the Barrier gauge to start refilling itself.
  • The color of an enemy bullet indicates its power level, which is handy. Cool colors are low-power, warm colors are higher-power. White is highest.
  • The player characters are separated into teams of 3 (Yabusame/Tsubakura/Shion and Fumikado/Iyozane/Tsugumi). The main character you pick is the one you actually play as, the secondary character supplies the bombs, and the support character... doesn't do much aside from enable certain Skills (see below).
  • More details on the purchasable stuff: Upgrades (middle menu) apply to all characters, but Skills (right menu) have more specific conditions. For starters, a given character's Skills are only unlocked after you've bought a certain amount of their respective Upgrade. A given character's Skills also only apply to that character, and furthermore, only apply to one or more specific positions on the player's team (Main/Sub/Support).
  • There are also several types of bomb, indicated by different icons on the right-hand side of the screen. Normal bombs are the usual stuff. Power bombs are more powerful (duh) and will restore your power level to maximum if it wasn't already. Barrier bombs will restore your barrier gauges up to the starting amount. Special bombs have the effects of both power and barrier bombs. The type of bomb you get is randomly determined, though regular bombs have the highest chance of appearing.
  • Some player characters (only Fumikado in the demo version, though) have Armor Mode instead of a Flash Bomb, usable when the gauge is filled halfway or more. Holding down the bomb key while unfocused will fill up a secondary gauge within the Flash Bomb gauge; releasing the key activates Armor Mode until the gauge drains. In short, it takes more time to activate, but lasts way longer.
  • List of random events: http://pastebin.com/QkAMf6GW
  • The manual also includes directions for replacing the in-game text and image files. This makes translation (and making joke dialogue to giggle over) super easy! Just make sure you read the directions well (...once they're translated, that is) and make backups, though. Also, JynX posted on Twitter today that the previous games will eventually be updated in the same way! Oh my goodness!

edit: Also, there's "Arcade Mode," "Challenge Mode" and "Tutorial" options in addition to the regular story mode. Arcade and Challenge are unavailable in the demo but the tutorial is adorable omg
« Last Edit: June 04, 2015, 04:44:50 PM by gilde »

Okay, got around to playing it and I just have to say. Jynx wasn't kidding when he said the demo had as much content as a full game. I've counted 11 bosses already, not sure if there's more or not. And I'm honestly loving the remade battles/music. Even if it is a bit of a copout (he promised us a million different routes- he didn't tell us we've already played half of them) I'm still very happy with it. That Jun remix!

As far as the other teams go, I'm guessing one is Yaorochi/Sukune/Saragimaru. One has to have Kuroji, but I don't know who the partners would be. I'd have guessed Aoji and Hooaka but Aoji is already a boss... Maybe Crause and Tenkai? There aren't many characters left to choose from.

Maple

• Mukyuu!
The new characters. One seems to be an expy of
Spoiler:
Yukari
if i were to tell by xis door-thing. Other, judging by the name of the theme song, has a
Spoiler:
Parsee
feel. One of the stage 3 bosses reminds me of either
Spoiler:
Youmu or Meira
, danmaku-wise. If
Spoiler:
Meira's
danmaku was more dense and actually worth a damn, that's it. When i saw other of the stage 3 bosses
Spoiler:
i mistook xim for Sukune

Lumen now kinda reminds me of Mokou, even through her design and danmaku haven't changed so much. Sese if back in xis After Extra form and now has neon bones. :*.

I LOVED the right-side stage 1 boss' theme! 

Though I gotta say that strangely, I've gotten two different bosses on stage 1 when going on the middle, making 4 possible bosses on stage 1.  I wonder if there's some kind of requirement to  fight different bosses. 

Also I noticed that when you unlock a few upgrades for a certain character, another page of upgrades appears.  For Fumikado it was a quite expensive 150,000 upgrade I purchased, but noticed nothing different.  Anyone knows what those happen to be about?

?q

• Lurking librarian
  • and moe sound effect
...that... was a game... that I experienced...

Apparently Shion as main doesn't work out well.  Either that or the upgrades are basically mandatory.

This game really doesn't work out well if you don't know what you're doing. :/  I'm going to need to reserve judgment until I can follow what to do.

Player characters: http://pastebin.com/Cqi4QPXc
Effect of each upgrade: http://pastebin.com/nLEiFTKW

Various other notes:
  • It's probably?? A good idea?? To start on Easy Mode at first?? Hard Mode is ridiculous and I don't even want to see what Unreal looks like
  • Additional bombs can only be gained by defeating bosses or midbosses. Additional lives can only be gained from Extend events.
  • The lowest bomb in the gauge is what'll be used first. So, like, don't expect to be able to use a special bomb immediately if you already have a bunch of regulars in stock.
  • Time Lag suuuuucks oh my god it suuuucks it just makes the game chug really hard and it can happen like three times in a row. Why
  • "k, time to buy some upgrades, let's start with a few extra barrier gauges" --> immediately hit with Dimensional Destruction event on stage 1 -->  :V
  • Tsugumi's shot with Iyozane's bomb feels like the best combination atm? That's just me though Correction: yeah okay you practically have to shotgun the boss to do damage at an appreciable rate with Tsugumi. (It's a shame you can't use Iyozane's shot and bomb at the same time)
  • Random events don't occur during bosses, thank goodness, but they do occur during midbosses. B e w a r e
  • Slight correction to the upgrade list: the secret boss is also located on the
    Spoiler:
    *left-hand* column two from the center on the centermost Stage 3
    as well. Stay away from those locations if you don't want to get steamrolled by a rogue EX boss!
Also, here's the event name translations alongside the original text, for anyone who wants to edit their image files. Some events have obvious visual cues, but some others (Extend events being the most crucial) don't. http://pastebin.com/M46PvRAu
« Last Edit: June 05, 2015, 12:50:52 AM by gilde »

Just played the game in Unreal with the second team and all the upgrades (yup already... I got a lot of luck I guess ? Because I managed to get a lot of money on one of my first runs... Too much to be true, something like 900 000 000 GALs eh. Also, my border turned grey... Weird).  And yup I can confirm
Spoiler:
Suzumi Kuzu is OpieOP. I managed to get my ass kick on the 90 second survival at the end of that wonderful bossfight.

I enjoy the game a lot. Already unlocked everything I think but it's really fun so i look forward to the whole game (which according to the size of the stages increasing is going to be huuuuuuge).
Thank you JynX.

As Aoji is left behind, I wonder if we will get a Kuroji, Hooaka and Saragimaru team.

I have a question though. What purpose does the barrier (shield) gauge serve ? Every time I got hit, I died and lost a life. Seriously, what is it for ?
« Last Edit: June 05, 2015, 01:09:07 AM by Jonath »

?q

• Lurking librarian
  • and moe sound effect
@gilde - That's really helpful - thank you very much!

I tried again.  I was launching horseshoes with Iyozane, and while the bomb is incredible the shot type was a bit weak even after a bunch of upgrades.  I guess what I've really missed so far is a shot type where it feels like I can finish a boss attack quickly (or that where I'm positioned actually matters).  I guess I'll try Tsubakura+Shion next mostly to see what Shion as sub looks like. 

I'm at a total loss to describe the snake-haired boss.  Words cannot describe the experience.  This isn't even a bad thing.  Just... what did I just play and why do I think this concept is so intriguing.

---

EDIT:  Tried the team above.  Shion's bomb is actually really good.  Drew the sword boss while using Tsubakura.  Mistakes were made.

KaiserKnuckle

• You better stop,
  • and think about what you're doing
    • Music interests and whatnot
I have a question though. What purpose does the barrier (shield) gauge serve ? Every time I got hit, I died and lost a life. Seriously, what is it for ?

Do you mean the one that becomes red when full? That's your Flash Bomb, and it's activated by bombing unfocused.
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

Nah I'm talking about the blue gauge down there ( and the blue squares just on the top of the red ones, which are your lives) ^^ I've been playing since EE so I know what a flash bomb is but thanks anyway =)

The blue gauge and squares are your Barriers. They're basically more extra lives, but the blue gauge regenerates and the red one doesn't. Without any upgrades purchased, it takes about 60 seconds after your last hit for the blue gauge to start regenerating.

The only problem I have is, despite me having these squares, when I get hit, I loose a life and not a shield square. Is that a bug ? ??

Huh. There's one random event that causes enemy shots to ignore the shield gauge and deal damage straight to the HP gauge, but other than that it sounds like it might be a bug. Are you losing an entire square, or just part of the gauge?

edit: Also, all bullets do more damage based on the difficulty level. I haven't gotten hit by many high-power (red or white) bullets yet, since they're rarer on the lower difficulties I'm playing on, but maybe they just do like an entire gauge's worth of damage at once or something? see post below
« Last Edit: June 05, 2015, 02:26:20 AM by gilde »

If I understand it right, it should deal damage to the blue gauge according to the bullet color (red = high damage, blue = lower damage ?).
But I lose a whole square of life regardless of what hits me, and without the upgrades IIRC (inb4 I die, with the whole blood effect =/). By the way, I earn enough money to unlock everything very quickly and my border turned grey at one point.

Len'en creepypasta

« Last Edit: June 05, 2015, 02:24:19 AM by Jonath »

After a bit of testing, I think I found what's happening. White bullets do indeed do an entire gauge's worth of damage at once, so you're probably getting those combined with the "ignore shield" event. Which is a suuuuuper easy thing to do on Unreal Mode.

I don't know what's up with the grey border, though. Maybe it's connected to one of the skills?
Also, how'd you get that much money so fast?  ??? I can only get about 200,000 per run so far.

edit: i'm starting to think that jynx either A. didn't playtest Unreal Mode that well or B. intended for it to be Absurdly Extra for story mode. so many of the event and enemy combinations i'm getting just Should Not Happen
« Last Edit: June 05, 2015, 02:49:51 AM by gilde »

Arcorann

• hey catgirl
  • Surprisingly unkempt
I think this would be a good time to remind people that the Len'en wiki has a page on this game and we need help to add all of this info to the site.

Will post comments later.

One of the stage 3 bosses reminds me of either
Spoiler:
Youmu or Meira
, danmaku-wise. If
Spoiler:
Meira's
danmaku was more dense and actually worth a damn, that's it.

When I saw her I immediately thought of
Spoiler:
Reimu in Shuusou Gyoku.
Their patterns are so similar!

Personally, I like to use Iyozane with Fumikado's bomb. Iyozane is strong with a wide spread, just the kind of shot type I like, and Fumikado's armor bomb is just too good to pass up.

Of all the new characters, I really like the shark girl/boy and the giant slayer. The shark's patterns are so basic, but at the same time their physics make them really cool. The giant slayer's expanding laser thing is also extremely well implemented.

I got to the hidden boss's first pattern, and I was like "woah, those are really fast... but it actually isn't that hard."
Spoiler:
Then the started moving in reverse
and I was just like "lol nope". By her survival card I literally said out loud "what is this girl's problem?" She has a really cool gimmick but... I mean really, is all that necessary? For some reason she reminds me of
Spoiler:
Sumireko

I'm curious as to how extra is going to work. I don't think it would be multiple stages, but it'll almost certainly implement the split screen in somehow. Maybe 3 seperate extra bosses, but that would be almost and entire game in and of itself. I'd forgive Jynx if he had to release extra as a seperate patch like Ido's team does.

Oh, and a question. In your little bomb guage, there are three areas- red, yellow, and blank. I think yellow is how many bombs you get by default for each life. I'd assume bombs in the blank space are just extra bombs. Am I right, and do bombs in the red space have anything special about them?

Oh, and a question again. If you can use certain skills as the main and sub-characters, what is the third character slot for? Unless I was misunderstanding and "sub-character" refers exclusively to the third slot. When it says "any character" does that mean I can use, say, Yabusame's ability while playing as Iyozane? Or would Yabusame have to be in my team?
« Last Edit: June 05, 2015, 04:19:07 AM by TresserT »

Oh, and a question. In your little bomb guage, there are three areas- red, yellow, and blank. I think yellow is how many bombs you get by default for each life. I'd assume bombs in the blank space are just extra bombs. Am I right, and do bombs in the red space have anything special about them?

Oh, and a question again. If you can use certain skills as the main and sub-characters, what is the third character slot for? Unless I was misunderstanding and "sub-character" refers exclusively to the third slot. When it says "any character" does that mean I can use, say, Yabusame's ability while playing as Iyozane? Or would Yabusame have to be in my team?

The bomb in the red space is just the one you'll use next, I think.

The third character slot ("Support") doesn't do anything outside of using Skills that apply to it. Skills from a playable character also require that character to be on the team, yes. (I probably should've written "any role" rather than "any character" in the Pastebin. :derp:)

On another note: Hard and Unreal seem unfairly difficult to me? Like, the random enemy patterns and dense danmaku can be dealt with through skill, but the random events on top of that can stonewall you way too easily.   ...well, I guess that's what the secret boss's upgrades are for.

The bomb in the red space is just the one you'll use next, I think.

The third character slot ("Support") doesn't do anything outside of using Skills that apply to it. Skills from a playable character also require that character to be on the team, yes. (I probably should've written "any role" rather than "any character" in the Pastebin. :derp:)

On another note: Hard and Unreal seem unfairly difficult to me? Like, the random enemy patterns and dense danmaku can be dealt with through skill, but the random events on top of that can stonewall you way too easily.   ...well, I guess that's what the secret boss's upgrades are for.

Thank you for answering!

I don't know if it would help you at all since you seem to know some Japanese, but I modified the images to tell which events are currently occuring. I can't send them because of internet issues but if you do the same it might help? Once I could tell what was going on Hard didn't seem quite as awful. But Lunatic is straight up impossible. Like, the Parsee wannabe's first non is just ridiculous. And then I was getting events like "Blind 3", "Power 3", "Piercing", "Poison", or "Bomb Seal", "Piercing", "Power 3", "Drunk" all at once.

Also, I'm noticing a bit of an east vs west theme going on here. On the brilliat pagoda side we get whatever Kaisen is and a Hell Girl expy, while on the haze castle side we get a Nun-looking/Paladin-esque/Knight thing, and a giant slaying swordsman.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2015, 05:52:09 AM by TresserT »

Thank you for answering!

I don't know if it would help you at all since you seem to know some Japanese, but I modified the images to tell which events are currently occuring. I can't send them because of internet issues but if you do the same it might help? But Lunatic is straight up impossible. Like, the Parsee wannabe's first non is just ridiculous. And then I was getting events like "Blind 3", "Power 3", "Piercing", "Poison", or "Bomb Seal", "Piercing", "Power 3", "Drunk" all at once.
I can read Japanese well enough to recognize the random events as soon as they come up, so all else I can do is memorize which enemy patterns have which numbers. :V Thanks for the tip, though!

Re:events: oh my god same, s a m e. Bomb Seal and Drunk? Blind 3 and Piercing? Blind 3 and Piercing on a midboss encounter? Eaugh. At least maybe it'll get better once I get a ton of money and crank up the barrier refill as much as possible.

Parsee wannabe's first non actually has a trick to it; the horizontal bars rotate such that the gaps get bigger on one side of the screen (alternating sides on each wave), so running over to that side should work. In theory?

Incidentally, figuring out the attacks where I can stop shooting and wait for some barriers to refill is actually kind of fun.

Arcorann

• hey catgirl
  • Surprisingly unkempt
Someone please explain to me how bombing works in this game - I want to know why nothing happens when I press the X key. Apart from that, the game isn't bad.

I guess that's because you have to bomb when you focus (unfocus bomb is the flash bomb).

I also found the solution to my problem. I had activated an option in config which deactivated the shield and turned the border grey. I actually had everything on "ON" because a friend told me one of the options would translate parts of the game (actually only the character selection menu).

So now I can ejoy no upgrades runs with a shield. Yay !

Validon98

• Deathguard Night Sparrow
  • Harbingers, yo.
So that's why you probably have so much ETH, because looking at the options text in the text_dat folder via JParser/Honyaku, it says you get 5 times as much for being in "Instant Death Mode".

Speaking of which, I'm probably going to try doing some minor translations to things that I'm able to do (short sentences and whatnot, I've already done the pause screen stuff and I'll probably do the options, I might also be able to port over the translations from the pastebins later today) to get at least a partial translation out. Thankfully with the images, the text is a separate image from the background part, so no imaging cleaning required! That's a godsend. :D
Derping at Touhou since June 2012, derping at RPing Touhou since Feburary 2013.

Devil of Decline Partial English Gameplay Patch!
Let's Play Nightmare of Rebellion!

LunaWillow

• >Everyone: Pose as a team
  • The world is real.
LEN'EN 4 DEMO IS OUT
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

So hyped! So hyped!
  • I played as Fumikaido in the right route and as Shion in the middle one, I still need to check left side and Iyozane/Tsugumi!
  • I like how middle route is a homage to prevoius games. I wonder, who are we going to met at the end?
  • Music is awesome, but that's obvious,  Jynx's music is always awesome. I especially like Main menu theme.
  • Also, upgrades! I love upgrading stuff~ Even if I have no idea what it does. Question: Does upgrading bossess makes them harder?
  • Shion's shottype is kinda weird. It shoots everywhere! It seems like a safe choose for people new to the game.
    Spoiler:
    Just like Yuyuko's. Hmm...
  • Are there any bombs in this game? Excluding flashboms?
I can't wait for full~
Spoiler:
HYPE HYPE HYPE

Oh yeah, forgot to mention: It works! It works perfectly! No crashes, not even a lag! (Except for one time when changing routes in in first stage, but it never happaned again afterwords)
« Last Edit: June 05, 2015, 02:48:05 PM by LunaWillow »
Normal 1cc: EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, SA, UFO, TD, DDC, HSiFS
Hard 1cc: PoFV
Extra Clear: PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF
Other Stuff: ISC all clear

Validon98

• Deathguard Night Sparrow
  • Harbingers, yo.
So I worked on the special event images (like Extend, Bomb Seal, etc.) and got them translated. They might be a bit hard to read (they're vertically orientated in Japanese, sooooo...), but they're as good as I'm going to get them. I might work on the ones for enemy wave titles, but I'm probably going to wait until someone can translate them.

Just put them in the text_img/cell_eff folder. Back up the original if you want to keep the original Japanese.

EDIT: I've also taken a crack at translating the music titles, in the order in which they are presented in the music room. I'll post them here, but let me know if they are not really that well translated (my skills can soomewhat limited on this field :V). Note I did capitalize the English parts of the titles to make a bit more sense, as JynX usually doesn't do that.

Code: [Select]
01- Raging Spirit Tales ~ Playing Soldiers
02- Sudden Cannon Lid Opening ~ Slow Starter
03- Now the Road of Advancing Men, the Mystic Road
04- The Mystic Hangs It's Head in Sorrow ~ Outbreak
05- The Straits Merely Calm Down These Days
06- Illusionary Resounding of Military Boots
07- Burnt Black Wings of Songbirds
08- Scattered Flowers ~ Consumed with JEALOUSY!
09- Nightmare Syndrome
10- Maid in Black ~ Double Snake
11- Binding Crimson Water ~DYE~
12- Emperor Road ~ So Cute!
13- Slug Agent
14- Fresh Summer Breeze ~ Plastic Vortex
15- Act the Fool ~ HAHAHA
16- Killing Superior ~ Giant Killing
17- Eccentric Dance ~ This Drunkard!
18- Prismic Drive
19- Necromaster
20- MO-NA-D-2 ~ Memory Pursuit
« Last Edit: June 05, 2015, 05:25:47 PM by Validon98 »
Derping at Touhou since June 2012, derping at RPing Touhou since Feburary 2013.

Devil of Decline Partial English Gameplay Patch!
Let's Play Nightmare of Rebellion!

Oh my goodness, Shion's "Es-chan" skill is a lifesaver. I think a lot of my initial dissatisfaction with the random events will be allayed once I have more skills like this unlocked.

So that's why you probably have so much ETH, because looking at the options text in the text_dat folder via JParser/Honyaku, it says you get 5 times as much for being in "Instant Death Mode".

....  :o
TIME TO GET PAID

• Also, upgrades! I love upgrading stuff~ Even if I have no idea what it does. Question: Does upgrading bossess makes them harder?
  • Are there any bombs in this game? Excluding flashboms?
Oh yeah, forgot to mention: It works! It works perfectly! No crashes, not even a lag! (Except for one time when changing routes in in first stage, but it never happaned again afterwords)
  • The upgrades from the bosses don't make the bosses harder, thankfully. Some of them are actually super useful! I posted a list of what the upgrades do a ways up.
  • Bombs are the same as previous games, it's just that they look different on the interface. They're the black circle things to the right.
  • The lag you're describing was probably the "Time Lag" event that occurs on Easy and Normal. (It kind of sucks.)

EDIT: I've also taken a crack at translating the music titles, in the order in which they are presented in the music room. I'll post them here, but let me know if they are not really that well translated (my skills can soomewhat limited on this field :V). Note I did capitalize the English parts of the titles to make a bit more sense, as JynX usually doesn't do that.

Most of these are great! Here's my input on some of them:
Code: [Select]
01- Battle Record of Heaven & Shadow ~ Playing Soldiers
02- Suddenly-Opened Cannon Lid ~ Slow Starter
03- Advance Now on the Roads of Humans, the Roads of Youkai (*It's just "妖" and not "妖怪", but the former is used as shorthand for the latter a lot in Touhou already, so I figured this was appropriate?)
04- The Youkai Hang Their Heads in Illness ~ Outbreak (*Ditto. The music room comment also spells out that it's youkai plural)
05- The Straits are Merely Calm Once More Today

08- Scatter, O Flowers ~ Consumed with JEALOUSY! (*This one's only minor)

10- Made in Black ~ Double Snake (*"Made in so-and-so" in katakana is a fairly common phrase, I think? Even though it sounds weird in English.)
11- The Water Dyed in Crimson ~DYE~ (*References Ariwara no Narihira's poem on the crimson hue of maple leaves in Tatsuta River: "ちはやぶる 神代も聞かず 竜田川 韓紅に 水くくるとは".)

edit:
  • Uhhhh I bought Shion's other skill ("Id-kun") and my money shot up to maximum. I don't think that's supposed to happen.
  • Having both Id-kun and Es-chan active makes things SO MUCH EASIER, oh my god. I feel like I'm cheating by doing this; Id-kun locking on to enemies turns certain bosses (far right bosses for Stage 2 and 3) into Swiss cheese.  :V
  • The fact that you can deathbomb reliably on sudden-death mode made the game feel a lot more fair. Maybe if I only treat the HP gauges as the "real" extra lives, as opposed to the Barrier gauges, it'll be easier to read when I can or can't deathbomb...?
  • Correction to what I wrote for Fumikado's second skill ("Seven Shadows"): It's not that Dimensional Destruction leaves you with one barrier instead of none, it's that it only erases one barrier. And it only erases the gauge, not its corresponding square, so if you survive long enough for the gauge to refill, it'll be like the event never happened. :o
  • Oh my god with Jun's umbrellas and Iyozane's ghost familiar I actually cleared Unreal Mode?? Oh my god

According to JynX's blog post about the demo release, the full version will have:
  • New upgrades to go with all the new characters (naturally)
  • More types of enemy patterns (oh god)
  • More types of events--- like, not the random events, but more types of big events besides just bosses and midbosses. The development screenshots show green tiles on the map, so maybe those are... item events, or something? Or boss events that you have to meet certain conditions to trigger, which are something JynX mentioned in the development posts.
  • More types of random events. Hopefully there'll be more good events mixed in with the murderous ones. Hopefully.
  • Modified organization for the results screen, so as to take into account how many upgrades and skills you've equipped
  • More types of bombs in addition to regular, power, defense and special
  • A whole lot of tweaking and balancing of enemies and upgrades (phew)
They also mentioned on Twitter that
Spoiler:
Suzumi
is the "demo version" hidden boss. I'm guessing that means they won't appear as early as Stage 3 in the full version.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2015, 10:42:25 PM by gilde »