Author Topic: Len'en Project by JynX? (First 3 games updated)  (Read 261472 times)

That isn't really his intention :V but neither is he going to remake PC98 series. We've been over this multiple times, it just isn't going to happen. 
That's more of a joke than any guess at all. And a fan can dream, right?

LunaWillow

• >Everyone: Pose as a team
  • The world is real.
Can someone post this video on YouTube, please?
Normal 1cc: EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, SA, UFO, TD, DDC, HSiFS
Hard 1cc: PoFV
Extra Clear: PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF
Other Stuff: ISC all clear

draganuv15

I just noticed due to April 1st antics that the title of this thread has changed. Byakuren is relentless it seems.

Also I finally beat RMI on Unreal and a video of that may be uploaded at some point or something.

I have to wonder. If he remakes MS stage 1-5... and he already has stage 6 and Ex... and we know that these stages actually work (not just videos) since they're made on the Len'En engine...

I have to go with #2, even if he doesn't actually release anything.
My name is Tres. It sounds like "Tray". Tressert is "Tray-zurt"; like Tres dessert.
I've cleared every touhou game on Lunatic, and beaten every extra except SoEW.
NMNB: MoF Hard, SA Extra, UFO Extra

I have to wonder. If he remakes MS stage 1-5... and he already has stage 6 and Ex... and we know that these stages actually work (not just videos) since they're made on the Len'En engine...
One can only wish...

Koog

• I live to protect those dear to me,
  • as a good friend would.
The title broke.
P-A-G-O-D-A to PaBuddhaa.
Mwahahahahha!

Marron

• Ordinary crow
If I could answer, I would say :
Other: Please, do the 98 games and make them playable...I'm a huge fan of the 98 era, and even if your videos are a pleasure to watch and bring a tear to my eyes, I really really really would love them to be playable... If you don't want, at least one stage, one extra stage....please.
But I don't think he would want, and I don't really know where to say that so.

draganuv15

I'd really like to see what BPoHC is going to be like since we have a total of 6 confirmed playable characters so far. It's bound to be something interesting though I would like to see an entire remake of Mystic Square as well. I'm not really sure what "other" there is for Jynx to do at this point, really. Also in terms of him ever releasing his games it's ultimately Jynx's decision whether they do release these things or not and to be fair I was never a massive fan of the PC-98 games so if they're never released it's not exactly a massive loss on my part :U Besides, there's the Len'en Project to play despite how much I frustrate myself trying to completely skip over Hard Mode and trying to beat games on Unreal.

Marron

• Ordinary crow
As for april fool's joke, the only thing left is...Konngara, if I'm not wrong.
As for what you say about 98 era, I wonder if there's many people loving it, in truth, I mean at least as much as the window era...?
« Last Edit: April 03, 2015, 12:22:56 PM by MaskedLeon »

draganuv15

Someone did it. Someone actually did it.

RMI Absurdly Extra + α Clear

Every time someone posts in this thread I think "it's finally here?!?" I'm always dissappointed T_T
My name is Tres. It sounds like "Tray". Tressert is "Tray-zurt"; like Tres dessert.

LunaWillow

• The world is real.
What do you need to do to unlock Ex + α stage?

That April fool's day video was awesome! Both Legend of KAGE and Now, until the moment you die arranges were pretty (by which I mean AWESOME~). I want to see how JynX will take on Eternal Shrine Maiden and Swordsman of a Distant Star...

OMG Sese y u do dis
;_;
« Last Edit: April 10, 2015, 05:37:58 PM by LunaWillow »

Nolegs the Cat

• >Sʜᴇ ᴅᴇᴘᴇɴᴅs ᴏɴ ʏᴏᴜ. >Sʜᴇ ᴅᴇᴘᴇɴᴅs ᴏɴ ʏᴏᴜ.

Oh my god that ending was close.
Wonder what the next absurdly extra stage will contain?

Can't wait to try Brilliant PaBuddhaagoda or Haze Castle! Especially since Shion will be playable.

draganuv15

What do you need to do to unlock Ex + α stage?

I'm pretty sure EX + α just happens after you beat Tenkai just like if you complete a stage in the main game. Though this also means you have to do exceptionally well in keeping your power at a reasonable level to even stand a chance against EX Sese because EX Sese doesn't fuck around even on the lower difficulties. I don't know if they're available on Easy Extra though because I've never played any of the Easy Extra stages.

?q

• Lurking librarian
  • and moe sound effect

This was the most beautiful thing I've seen in a long time.  The resource management, to the point of actually being able to capture spell cards, was amazing.

EX Sese appears in Easy Extra Mode.  There is no special requirement to get to Ex + α stage.

EX Sese appears in Easy Extra Mode.  There is no special requirement to get to Ex + α stage.
EX + α doesn't come up in this video, though: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qx9u6svlN1Q
I think you have to get around at least 1000 ghosts in order to trigger it? (Since Sese gobbles them up in order to transform, and all.)

?q

• Lurking librarian
  • and moe sound effect
EX + α doesn't come up in this video, though: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qx9u6svlN1Q
I think you have to get around at least 1000 ghosts in order to trigger it? (Since Sese gobbles them up in order to transform, and all.)
Oh, that's interesting.  That sounds about right, then (Soul between the two videos was 976 and 1111).

Looking into this - bosses drop somewhere between 1/2 and 1/3 of the normal amount of Soul if you don't clear an attack without bombing or dying.  You can maybe get as much as 370 Soul from the stage (including Sese), and you can get over 1000 Soul just from Tenkai if you have a good fight.  I've never -not- gotten EX + α playing Easy Extra and Extra, but AbEx is something else entirely - I'd estimate you can only miss maybe three more attacks than that video did and still scrape over 1000 total.

Disclaimer - I have not looked at the game's code (and don't know how I would, actually) so this is me hacking together observations and theory in ten minutes.

Tangent - I don't know if there's something that causes bosses to drop fewer point items.  In some runs I would have well over 100 point items after beating Ex-Sese, and other times I would have well that, and I never figured the difference out.

Plastic Vortex

• Girl is ranking up
  • Please wait warmly
When you make an account just to talk about a problem in RMI and also because you feel like you can't lurk here any longer.  :V

So I beat RMI with Yaorochi/Sukune on my computer but, because the built in fan broke, my RAM acted up and all data disappeared. I re-downloaded RMI and I am unable to access any stages. The game freezes up at the loading screen after picking any team. But I find this weird because EE and EMS work, but RMI doesn't. Can anyone solve my problem?  :ohdear:

JynX has updated their blog with an explanation of BPoHC's game progression! http://tinyurl.com/na9rbo6

• Each individual stage, as well as the game as a whole, is broken into several cells. These cells are visible in two maps on the top-left; the upper map shows the game as a whole, while the lower map shows the current stage you're on.
  • The red-and-white gauge on the bottom of the screen moves from side to side based on which side of the screen the player is on. Left is the red side (resembling the titular 'Haze Castle'), right is the white side ('Brilliant Pagoda').
  • Each cell in the lower map represents a few waves of enemies, a midboss, or a boss. Upon reaching the end of a given cell, the indicator on the map will move forward based on the position of the red-and-white gauge.
  • The background of the lower map is also broken into three sections: red, purple and white. Upon reaching the end of an entire stage, the indicator on the upper map will move based on which section the lower map's indicator is in.

This makes for a huge amount of variety in the layout of each stage. According to JynX, the trial version will consequently have about as much content as a regular full release.

Validon98

• Deathguard Night Sparrow
  • Harbingers, yo.
Oh boy, this'll be... an interesting game, then, if there's going to be so much variety in stage layout like that between the three different paths. I can imagine that there'll be a different boss for each major path (one for Haze Castle, one for Brilliant Pagoda, and one for what purple is going to mean), because I can't imagine there being such insane variety and sheer number of bosses when it comes to later variants of stages (the number of variants per stage is two more than the previous, so 1 will have 1, 2 will have 3, 3 will have 5, 4 would have 7, 5 would have 9, and the final would have 11), so I imagine for later stages, it'll have a similar sort of differentiation depending on whether you're shifted towards red, purple, or white. I'm interested to see how it'll play in the end. I hope the trial comes out soon, I want to give it a good shot. :V
Derping at Touhou since June 2012, derping at RPing Touhou since Feburary 2013.

Devil of Decline Partial English Gameplay Patch!
Let's Play Nightmare of Rebellion!

LunaWillow

• The world is real.
JynX has updated their blog with an explanation of BPoHC's game progression! http://tinyurl.com/na9rbo6

• Each individual stage, as well as the game as a whole, is broken into several cells. These cells are visible in two maps on the top-left; the upper map shows the game as a whole, while the lower map shows the current stage you're on.
  • The red-and-white gauge on the bottom of the screen moves from side to side based on which side of the screen the player is on. Left is the red side (resembling the titular 'Haze Castle'), right is the white side ('Brilliant Pagoda').
  • Each cell in the lower map represents a few waves of enemies, a midboss, or a boss. Upon reaching the end of a given cell, the indicator on the map will move forward based on the position of the red-and-white gauge.
  • The background of the lower map is also broken into three sections: red, purple and white. Upon reaching the end of an entire stage, the indicator on the upper map will move based on which section the lower map's indicator is in.

This makes for a huge amount of variety in the layout of each stage. According to JynX, the trial version will consequently have about as much content as a regular full release.
What

So game is broken into stages, which are broken into cells, which are broken into three parts, which change depending on your position on the screen. Did I got this right?

Sounds fun! Can't wait for the demo! (I hope my computer will handle it...)

Monkeypro257

I love the Len'en series, knowing there's a new game makes it better. Also the different paths thing seems interesting, I can imagine myself moving to the wrong side now. :V

Arcorann

• hey catgirl
  • Surprisingly unkempt
The stage paths thing reminds me of Unseen 2 in Phantasmagoria Trues, though that maxed out at 3 different possibilities for each "cell". Will JynX cheat by having the same patterns in multiple cells? Only time will tell.

Also, we at the Touhou Wiki are in the process of moving pages across to a new dedicated non-Wikia wiki. Unfortunately as you may have noticed we haven't gotten very far, so any help would be appreciated.

What is the problem with the wikia wiki by the way ? I'd be glad to help during my free time but I never ever helped with a wiki so I'm not sure I will serve very well.

Also, one of my friends attempted a translation of JynX's post the other day, but I'm not sure it's very accurate because he's not into the game himself. Also, mechanics sounds described better in what I read earlier in this post. Anyway, here we go (if the tumblr link is not allowed here, please PM me, I hope it's not a problem).

http://jonathkane.tumblr.com/post/116748944782/translation-of-jynxs-post

I'm pretty hyped for this. Also, if there are three regions on the screen, as already pointed out, we might end up with three games in one (kinda ?) : Brilliant Pagoda, Haze Castle... And a third place ?

On the other hand, I just cleared RMI normal extra + alpha with Kuroji and Saragimaru the other day. I actually love Saragi, you can shotgun like Sukune in focus and from the bottom of the screen in unfocus (a bit like Marisa A in SA). Also they have the best flash bombs in my opinion and the ghost trance will enable the use of 3 in a row ! I hope some of these mechanics end up in the new game, even if I feel we won't have teams anymore.

For the April Fool video, I use to upload them almost immediatly on youtube (well only the past few), I should have linked it here. I shall do that for Konngara. Also, in my opinion, JynX should remake MS because it might mean a full release... Perhaps ? Even if he won't, I'd like to see the whole game remade in his style. And, MaskedLeon, I am one of those guys that like the PC-98 era, not as much but perhaps even more than the windows area (I enjoy the whole Touhou Project a lot too ofc). Because of the atmosphere I guess~

Finally, what about theories ? Am I the only one here to see Tasouken as the greatest evil of this series ? Its power is to sever relations, cut the bond between people. What if the sword wielder that was murdered by his fellow clan mates was because of Tasouken's curse in the first place ? What if the sword itself was used in order to acomplish the sinister feat, thus creating several orochis ?

Ninja edit : @Arcorann : Talking about the Scarlet sisters extra from Phantasmagoria Trues, if I recall correctly, right ?
« Last Edit: April 21, 2015, 03:41:54 PM by Jonath »

Arcorann

• hey catgirl
  • Surprisingly unkempt
What is the problem with the wikia wiki by the way ? I'd be glad to help during my free time but I never ever helped with a wiki so I'm not sure I will serve very well.

Basically, read this thread about what happened when the Touhou Wiki moved off Wikia. No-one should have to go through that kind of mess.

At any rate, it's not yet ready for general editing, so please create an account first and wait until all the pages are transferred over.

Another blog post about BPoHC: http://tinyurl.com/m8dshsq

Today's topic is "Random Events and Sub Events".

Each cell (wave of enemies) in a stage has three randomly-determined attributes: Faction, Regiment (or Division) and Troop. Faction and Troop determine the enemies' movement and bullet patterns, whereas Regiment/Division determines the wave's difficulty. The title card at the beginning of each cell tells you what to expect from the coming wave.
  • The two Factions at war with each other are Kagerou-gun ('Dragonfly Army') and Sumera-mikusa ('Emperor's Army'), presumably corresponding to the titular Pagoda and Castle. Kagerou-gun gets a red border on the title card, while Sumera-mikusa gets a yellow one.
  • Regiment/Division is designated with a number from 1 to 9. The higher the number, the more intense the danmaku is.
  • Troop is also designated with a number, but this is just to classify the enemies' behaviour. The size of the number has nothing to do with the difficulty in this case.
  • Example: the first screenshot shows "Kagerou-gun, 1st Regiment, 12th Troop". Not particularly hard, according to JynX.

Unlike enemy waves, bosses and midbosses have no factions or regiments, and their difficulty is always the same. However, there are some bosses who appear at fixed points, and some who have special requirements to appear. Hence, there's still a lot of variety in who you can encounter on a given run.

Each cell can also have one or more Sub-Events occurring. These are demonstrated in the second and third screenshots, where "Sumera-mikusa, 1st Division, 1st Troop" is accompanied by "Low Visibility I" and "High Enemy Firepower I". (JynX also mentions that enemy power levels are part of another mechanic to be explained later.) Active events are displayed on the left side of the game window for the duration of the wave. There's apparently a wide range of events, from minor distractions to really serious challenges.

With all these random elements, JynX says, there's a lot more focus on reflexes and adaptability rather than the memorization present in previous games. They say there's definitely still ways to deal with whatever the game throws at you, though.

This is starting to sound really complicated... Hopefully it will be one of those "hard to describe, simple to play" type situations. I don't know if I want to memorize all these game mechanics.

Ooh... and what's even worse- it looks like you have to have some knowledge of Japanese in order to learn the random events and sub-events...
« Last Edit: April 27, 2015, 01:47:27 AM by TresserT »

?q

• Lurking librarian
  • and moe sound effect
I'm reading this as "play game, stuff happens, deal with it".

Arcorann

• hey catgirl
  • Surprisingly unkempt
Also, we at the Touhou Wiki are in the process of moving pages across to a new dedicated non-Wikia wiki. Unfortunately as you may have noticed we haven't gotten very far, so any help would be appreciated.

This is to let people know that all pages have been moved to the new Len'en Wiki. As a result, most Len'en pages will be deleted from Touhou Wiki beginning in the next few days. Please bear this in mind, especially since I don't know when this will actually happen.

Maple

• Mukyuu!
>cast Thread Revival.

JynX updated his blog today.

From
Spoiler:
google translate
, it says that enemies players have two bars (shown at the bottom of the screen): barrier (blue; recovers slowly over time; break it to weaken the enemy's attack), normal hp (red; does not recover sans some specific conditions). The squares represent the number of barrier and hp bars.

There is a crapload of player characters, through the game you can buy equipment to increase your characters' performance, and also you can buy some skills. WITH BOOZE! Buying equipment/skills makes the player's level go up. Ideally, a skilled player will have low levels, you can even end the game at Lv0.

Release will be in ~1 month (May/June).

Edited for corrections. Thanks, gilde!
« Last Edit: May 16, 2015, 05:23:37 PM by Maple »