Author Topic: 東方Project 第14弾の情報です - Double Dealing Character  (Read 264593 times)

Re: 東方Project 第14弾の情報です - Double Dealing Character
« Reply #660 on: May 26, 2013, 03:51:45 AM »
Some fan art of the mermaid girl has been popping up on tumblr.  Nothing spectacular though.

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #661 on: May 26, 2013, 03:56:18 AM »
Liking at least two of these characters based on their designs alone. Of course all the other little factors - gameplay, danmaku patterns, shot types, music, etc. - will have to get factored in later, but the mermaid and the werewolf? Not a bad start.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

« Reply #662 on: May 26, 2013, 03:57:31 AM »
Liking at least two of these characters based on their designs alone. Of course all the other little factors - gameplay, danmaku patterns, shot types, music, etc. - will have to get factored in later, but the mermaid and the werewolf? Not a bad start.
Just when you think Zun has exhausted the bank of mythical creatures, he finds more eh?

ToyoRai

• Head But No Tail
  • I am still here. Sometimes.
« Reply #663 on: May 26, 2013, 04:01:36 AM »
Okay, spectulation time:
Since the first three bosses are base on western/European monsters none a less (cape girl is argueable), I am guessing that the reason why the youkai outbreak happened is not because they hav been growing restless, but because new youkais are starting to pop up and they don't know what to do other than cause an amok.

Kirin no Sora

• Wanderer of Gensokyo
  • I have returned from the nothingness once more...
« Reply #664 on: May 26, 2013, 04:01:49 AM »
Maybe a Frankenstein's monster type of Touhou will show up too? I do believe that someone's win quote from one of the fighting games lampshades whether they'll see Frankenstein and the Wolfman after beating up Remilia...

Okay, spectulation time:
Since the first three bosses are base on western/European monsters none a less (cape girl is argueable), I am guessing that the reason why the youkai outbreak happened is not because they hav been growing restless, but because new youkais are starting to pop up and they don't know what to do other than cause an amok.

Isn't that similar to what happened prior to or during EoSD, which was when the Spell Card system was first put into use, a.k.a. the beginning of the Windows era?
« Last Edit: May 26, 2013, 04:04:07 AM by Kirin no Sora »
There is no greater joy than knowing that the Touhou invasion is unstoppable, and the legacy of Gensokyo will never fade away...

« Reply #665 on: May 26, 2013, 04:04:41 AM »
Let's see... a mermaid, a youkai that acts like a dullahan but technically isn't, and a werewolf? Western or western-ish monster girls seems to be the theme of this game.
Well, ZUN is now recognizing the Western fanbase, what with him going to be a guest at AWA and all...
Spoiler:
omg omg what if the games are gonna get released in the usa
unlikely i know

Tengukami

« Reply #666 on: May 26, 2013, 04:08:49 AM »
A Frankengirl wouldn't surprise me. Maybe even another vampire! That'd be some exciting competition for Remilia, not to mention the ahem fanart that would arise.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

ToyoRai

• Head But No Tail
« Reply #667 on: May 26, 2013, 04:11:11 AM »
The extra stage boss will be ana ngel. I still want my Christian Touhou and The Last Corner doesn't count. Though demon/devil character can do just fine.

Tengukami

« Reply #668 on: May 26, 2013, 04:12:45 AM »
I get my fill of Christianity in my day-to-day life, thanks. I'll be OK without any 2hus For Jesus.

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary!
« Reply #669 on: May 26, 2013, 04:13:35 AM »
Kagerou's given name translates roughly into Shadow Wolf.

Talk about Awesome McCoolname.

Zil

« Reply #670 on: May 26, 2013, 04:14:02 AM »
Maybe a Frankenstein's monster type of Touhou will show up too?
Yes please. A girl who takes her head off already has me doing cartwheels.

No Christianity or I'll explode out of pure rage.

« Reply #671 on: May 26, 2013, 04:14:31 AM »
The extra stage boss will be ana ngel. I still want my Christian Touhou and The Last Corner doesn't count. Though demon/devil character can do just fine.

A Christian/Jewish/Muslim character will never happen sorry buddy

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #672 on: May 26, 2013, 04:14:40 AM »
2hus For Jesus.

I kind of feel like any Christian Touhou character would be dismissed as a crackpot by everyone else. Either way, Christianity is a very small minority in Japan, so I can't see it happening.

« Reply #673 on: May 26, 2013, 04:15:30 AM »
Kagerou's given name translates roughly into Shadow Wolf.

Talk about Awesome McCoolname.

Sure is.  Now I have this hilarious mental image of her as an assassin.

Amraphenson

• The problem is, you're a friend that likes to talk!
  • ...well, I am too!
« Reply #674 on: May 26, 2013, 04:15:44 AM »
ZUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUN
Sugoiiii~
[23:02] <~Iced> You have sown the seeds of your own destruction Amra.
[23:20] <Stuffman> enjoy your personally crafted hell Amra

The ⑨th Zentillion

• The impeaches were delicious...
  • Now hungry for conviction!
    • Zentillion's Tumblr
« Reply #675 on: May 26, 2013, 04:22:03 AM »
Are you cursing him or calling out his name in ecstasy, Amra?
Did you bring a light?
...No...

Smash the Fash; The far right belongs in the TRASH.

Karisa

• Extend!
  • High scores are meant to be broken.
« Reply #676 on: May 26, 2013, 04:26:41 AM »
Time to overanalyze what I can see of the gameplay mechanics from a few screenshots...
Code: [Select]
http://jul.2chan.net/dec/55/src/1369539279521.jpg
Is that a 13,000,000 initial spell bonus, on what's apparently a stage 2 boss? That's the highest since IN. It seems ZUN might be overcompensating for TD's broken scoring system. Not that that's a bad thing by any means.

And there's also an unknown bonus, in that and a few other screenshots. It seems rather small by Touhou bonus standards. Perhaps that relates to why the point item value is higher than the UFO/TD default 10 per graze... related to that, there also seems to be a lot of graze for stage 2 3(?) of a (presumably) casual playthrough... do we have another SA regarding bullet density?
« Last Edit: May 26, 2013, 05:06:33 AM by Karisa »

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary!
« Reply #677 on: May 26, 2013, 04:31:22 AM »
http://apr.2chan.net/dec/55/src/1369538100699.jpg
Auron, is that you?

« Reply #678 on: May 26, 2013, 04:37:44 AM »
http://jul.2chan.net/dec/55/src/1369539279521.jpg
http://jul.2chan.net/dec/55/src/1369537837745.jpg
I wonder what the differing placement on the bonuses are about. I first thought it was the bullet cancels returning to the older days but now I'm not sure. Seems more like UFO multipliers, so something must have happened in those particular places.

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary!
« Reply #679 on: May 26, 2013, 04:43:52 AM »
BTW, has anyone translated the character titles yet?

Zil

« Reply #680 on: May 26, 2013, 04:45:29 AM »
Note that green triangle over the bonus with the wolf girl. And it's a star with dullahan.

And wow, I didn't notice that huge spell bonus.

« Reply #681 on: May 26, 2013, 04:51:30 AM »
Okay, spectulation time:
Since the first three bosses are base on western/European monsters none a less (cape girl is argueable),

So far someone on tumblr has called Sekibanki a dullahan.

The headless jokes are flooding in now.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2013, 04:55:18 AM by Dlanor A. Knox »

« Reply #682 on: May 26, 2013, 04:54:54 AM »
The Dullahan is a headless rider, usually seen on a black horse and carries his own head under one arm. The head's eyes are small, black, and constantly dart about like flies, while the mouth is constantly in a hideous grin that touches both sides of the head. The flesh of the head is said to have the color and consistency of moldy cheese. The Dullahan's whip is actually the spine of a human corpse, and the wagons they sometimes use are made of similarly funereal objects (e.g. candles in skulls to light the way, the spokes of the wheels made from thigh bones, the wagon's covering made from a worm-chewn pall). When the dullahan stops riding, it is where a person is due to die. The dullahan calls out their name, at which point they immediately perish.

There is no way to bar the road against a dullahan ? all locks and gates open on their own when it approaches. Also, they do not appreciate being watched while on their errands, throwing a basin of blood on those who dare to do so (often a mark that they are among the next to die), or even lashing out the watchers' eyes with their whips. Nonetheless, they are frightened of gold, and even a single gold pin can drive a dullahan away.

Well, Sekibanki has the headless theme...

The Sandwich of Doom

• This is my happyface!
« Reply #683 on: May 26, 2013, 04:56:14 AM »
BTW, has anyone translated the character titles yet?

There you go, with transcriptions:

淡水に棲む人魚
Fresh Water Mermaid
Wakasagihime

ろくろ首の怪奇
Rokurokubi's Strangeness
Sekibanki

竹林のルーガルー
Bamboo Grove's Loup-Garou
Imaizumi Kagerou

Feel free to find better translations, though.

« Reply #684 on: May 26, 2013, 04:56:21 AM »
omake.txt quick translation:

Hakurei Reimu

The usual miko from the hakurei shrine.

Her oharai-bou ("exorcism stick"), formally known as a oonusa has started to exorcise demons on it's own lately but it has problems keeping up with them. So she holds unto it until she is close and throws it at her enemies. It feels like she is being used by the oharai-bou so it leaves her unsatisfied, however..

Kirisame Marisa

The normal witch who likes to collect stuff.

Lately her mini-hakkero has begun to emit flames on its own so she keeps it outside her house. The forest of magic is very damp so there doesn't seem to be a danger of starting a forest fire...

Izayoi Sakuya

The maid who lives in the scarlet devil mansion.

Recently, she has found knives that will fly towards her enemies on there own. Since it's so much easier than throwing them herself, she enjoys using them. At that time, she hears rumors that youkai are running wild near the misty lake, and heads out to try her new daggers.

Frickin' murderous Sakuya

ToyoRai

• Head But No Tail
« Reply #685 on: May 26, 2013, 05:00:50 AM »
So the reason why Sakuya is part of this is due of sadistic reasons?
And silly Reimu, you cannot simply throw sticks at your oppoennts. You have your Yin Yang Ball for it.

« Reply #686 on: May 26, 2013, 05:02:04 AM »
Why does Marisa's description not surprise me as something she would do?

Formless God

« Reply #687 on: May 26, 2013, 05:06:15 AM »
my weapons are moving on their own

« Reply #688 on: May 26, 2013, 05:06:49 AM »
Marisa's actions are libel to summon smokey the bear to Gensokyo.

Kingault

• Insert witty description here.
« Reply #689 on: May 26, 2013, 05:08:13 AM »
Why, hello there, Yuuka. I didn't know that you had a disguise as a maid...