Author Topic: 東方Project 第14弾の情報です - Double Dealing Character  (Read 264550 times)

Re: 東方Project 第14弾の情報です - Double Dealing Character
« Reply #570 on: May 25, 2013, 09:08:34 AM »
If I were him I'd keep the change.

The Noodles Guy

• Flip the screen
  • What if Seija met a guy with bipolar disease?
« Reply #571 on: May 25, 2013, 10:12:13 AM »
HER LEFT HAND AND ITS FINGERS.

She knive'd too much people :V
Easy Modo? That's for kids, and for me.

ToyoRai

• Head But No Tail
  • I am still here. Sometimes.
« Reply #572 on: May 25, 2013, 10:53:08 AM »
HER LEFT HAND AND ITS FINGERS.

She knive'd too much people :V
She really needs to meet up with Erin. If you arm gets so twisted by using throwing knives, that really isn't a good sign.

Gray21oh

• An excuse for a title
  • This is suppose to be nonsensical except it isn't
« Reply #573 on: May 25, 2013, 11:10:10 AM »
She really needs to meet up with Erin. If you arm gets so twisted by using throwing knives, that really isn't a good sign.
Maybe she needs to rest it for a couple of years. *ba dum tssh*

ToyoRai

• Head But No Tail
« Reply #574 on: May 25, 2013, 11:19:35 AM »
Maybe she needs to rest it for a couple of years. *ba dum tssh*
Acutally, I thin she has been stabbing straw dolls all this time so her wrist is now twisted due of that :v:

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #575 on: May 25, 2013, 11:35:26 AM »
So if they pay 400 yen instead they get a slap on the wrist?
More like people paying 1000 yen bills to purchase something worth 300. I saw people at Reitaisai having a large bag of coins or a box full of coins. So I asked NForza why they did that. He said that they prefer to pay exact price to save the booth owners from change-problems.

MaStErSpArK94

« Reply #576 on: May 25, 2013, 12:08:57 PM »
Updated just now:  http://kourindou.exblog.jp/20547983/

Sakuya your HAND and its FINGERS

Sakuya your FACE

Well, at least it's not as derpy as EoSD Sakuya.

Zoriri

• Danmaku Trainee
« Reply #577 on: May 25, 2013, 12:49:19 PM »
I actually like Sakuya's new portrait...

She looks like she's holding a big ass lollipop
Really? It looks like a knife to me.

Formless God

« Reply #578 on: May 25, 2013, 12:54:05 PM »

Zoriri

• Danmaku Trainee
« Reply #579 on: May 25, 2013, 12:58:24 PM »

...Dear god i need to get my eyes checked. :V

CyberAngel

• Retired
« Reply #580 on: May 25, 2013, 01:04:22 PM »
That explains her extremely excited face.

« Reply #581 on: May 25, 2013, 01:56:58 PM »
I thought it was a frying pan or something.

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #582 on: May 25, 2013, 02:09:07 PM »
That explains her extremely excited face.

Exactly what I was thinking. Not only is she pumped about the lollipop, in her excitement, her fingers exploded.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

fondue

• excuse me
« Reply #583 on: May 25, 2013, 02:20:12 PM »
suck too hard on your lollipop and loves gonna get you down

Ikari

• I'm just so charismatic
  • It's turning into derp
« Reply #584 on: May 25, 2013, 04:02:03 PM »
Exactly what I was thinking. Not only is she pumped about the lollipop, in her excitement, her fingers exploded.

I've been cracking up this whole Sakuya's fingers discussion, but this particular post made me laugh wayy too much for my own good.

So her shot type will be curving knives, lollipops and ustensils.

Gray21oh

• An excuse for a title
  • This is suppose to be nonsensical except it isn't
« Reply #585 on: May 25, 2013, 04:22:37 PM »
I bet that lollipop tastes like table.

7TC7

• In best company
« Reply #586 on: May 25, 2013, 04:22:58 PM »
Okay, I just had an interesting idea about ZUNs "Will the three oppose their own weapons or abandon them?".

It could very well be implemented in a similar fashion as the Youkai/Human-Meter in Imperishable Night. There could be a Weapon-used/No-weapon-used-Meter which moves left to right depending on if you are killing things unfocused (no weapon) or focused (weapon). This is backed up by Marisa's Weapon Select Screen, where her unfocused shot is Illusion Laser and her focused shot is the Hakkero Flame Thrower. Using a bomb could have the Meter shoot far into the Weapon-used side of the meter.
This would open different possibilities for what having used your corrupted weapon a lot could lead to (probably bad things) as opposed to playing mostly unfocused which could lead to good things like Imperishable Nights Last Spells.

I know there are no signs of any meters or a numeral presentation of any gimmick on the screenshots from the blog and therefore I think this will not be how things are going to be handled... BUT ZUN mentions in his blog post, that the screenshots are still off a work in progress and therefore it could very well be that they could still be added until the demo is released tomorrow. Alternatively the score screen at the end of each stage could show how much you used your weapon.
The game IS going back to it's basics but it still would be the first time since... Embodiment of Scarlet Devil?... that there are no signs of any score mechanics on the screen.

Obviously that's all just last day speculation.
< picture leads to my YouTube channel

ToyoRai

• Head But No Tail
« Reply #587 on: May 25, 2013, 04:35:27 PM »
... How about no?  :colbert:
THe way that thing is presetented really does sound like decidion made int he beggining of the game (a.k.a. slecting shot type). Though concering how that would effect the story, how about the shot type will change the boss of,s ay, stage 5? Like, the person behind the weapon possession is not the one respondible of the youkai outbreak, but the heroines meet up before finding fugitive. If they use "weapon" shot type, they would fight her. However, if they would use "weaponless" shot type, they would have to fight their possessed weapon manifesting their user's form.
But eh, we don't have lot of time to make theories before the demo comes out, so I guess its better to make them now or else.

The ⑨th Zentillion

• The impeaches were delicious...
  • Now hungry for conviction!
    • Zentillion's Tumblr
« Reply #588 on: May 25, 2013, 04:37:54 PM »
Trickster Sakuya...?

* The ⑨th Zentillion sagenod

In any case, ZUNart will be ZUNart somehow - at least once every game he does the art for something funky will crop up. it's always been my opinion that the character portraits are simply low priority in comparison to gameplay and music, which is what they're mostly about, especially the latter (remember, ZUN's creative process involves building the stages around the tunes BV).
Did you bring a light?
...No...

Smash the Fash; The far right belongs in the TRASH.

The Noodles Guy

• Flip the screen
« Reply #589 on: May 25, 2013, 04:47:49 PM »
Aw yes... ZUN's art is weird sometimes. I remember Sakuya and Youmu from PCB, Wriggle, Mystia, Kaguya and Yukari from IN (IN's Yukari was really weird for me), Cirno from PoFV, Shou from UFO (yes, she was weird for me), Yoshika from TD and now Sakuya and her too-much-kniving hands and fingers.

« Reply #590 on: May 25, 2013, 04:49:51 PM »
Aw yes... ZUN's art is weird sometimes. I remember Sakuya and Youmu from PCB, Wriggle, Mystia, Kaguya and Yukari from IN (IN's Yukari was really weird for me), Cirno from PoFV, Shou from UFO (yes, she was weird for me), Yoshika from TD and now Sakuya and her too-much-kniving hands and fingers.

...Am I the only one that wants Zun to release a "How to draw ZunArt" instruction book?

The Noodles Guy

• Flip the screen
« Reply #591 on: May 25, 2013, 05:03:04 PM »
...Am I the only one that wants Zun to release a "How to draw ZunArt" instruction book?
Let me explain how ZUN makes characters.
-Draw a girl with a dress.
-Add weird details and lots of ties to the dress.
-Give the girl a weird hat.
-Paint the girl.
-Give her a japanese name and japanese surname
-Give her an strange ability.
-???
-PROFIT!

Zil

« Reply #592 on: May 25, 2013, 05:08:55 PM »
You're getting my hopes up. The heavy distinction between focusing and unfocusing could easily be seen as a "retro" thing (along with variable spell bonuses) if you look a bit past EoSD. Maybe PCB and IN are what ZUN has in mind when he says he's going retro. But then he's hinted that it will be simpler, so I dunno. (I've got my fingers crossed for super complex mechanics!)

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #593 on: May 25, 2013, 09:15:32 PM »
General Reitaisai 10 question, sorry for the offtopic: Does anybody know if there is going to be any organisation live feeding or any form?

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #594 on: May 25, 2013, 09:30:35 PM »
Good question. I believe we're three and a half hours away from the opening of the gates - would be nice if something got set up.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #595 on: May 25, 2013, 09:51:55 PM »
imaginary_number6 on IRC #SM says that there are some user live feeds sound only, but nothing of interest yet.

« Reply #596 on: May 25, 2013, 09:53:19 PM »

Kingault

• Insert witty description here.

« Reply #598 on: May 25, 2013, 10:43:36 PM »
General Reitaisai 10 question, sorry for the offtopic: Does anybody know if there is going to be any organisation live feeding or any form?
I found this page [REDACTED] that says it will start streaming around the time Reitaisai begins. I don't think it specifies specifically if it's covering the event or just the game releases.

<Tengukami> That site is touting direct download links for both games, and as such, is piracy and not at all OK for posting on this forum. Thanks for understanding.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2013, 11:06:00 PM by Tengukami »

Kingault

• Insert witty description here.
« Reply #599 on: May 26, 2013, 01:37:09 AM »
What if Mima's the culprit, but her backstory got retconned to that of a super-poltergeist/spirit that was so powerful in its object manipulating powers it got sealed away until HRtP and decided to lay low until now?