Author Topic: 東方Project 第14弾の情報です - Double Dealing Character  (Read 264593 times)

Re: 東方Project 第14弾の情報です - Double Dealing Character
« Reply #480 on: May 24, 2013, 08:06:02 AM »
The food storage in SDM was running low from the prolonged winter, as far as I remember, so Sakuya set out to end the incident.

« Reply #481 on: May 24, 2013, 08:10:35 AM »
The food storage in SDM was running low from the prolonged winter, as far as I remember, so Sakuya set out to end the incident.

Which also applies to Keine and Aya and various other characters who didn't exist yet. I suppose arguably you could say that the incidents since then have been less global though. It's certainly the case that the old "random non-villain messes with the laws of nature because they're bored" template hasn't held true for quite a long time.

Of course that just begs the question of what about this incident makes it more like PCB and less like UFO.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2013, 08:13:46 AM by Clarste »

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #482 on: May 24, 2013, 08:10:51 AM »
Well, personally I only expressed mild disappointment, but quite frankly I don't think I like the idea of a storyline where random time-stopping ninja maids with no backstory have a place in the story.
You're already judging the story being random without knowing even what ZUN is going to reveal us. How can you judge something that isn't yet there?

Also, what did she have to do with PCB?
Preventing the SDM from starvation.

Seriously though, speculations are one thing. Judgements are groundless without proper information. Logically liking Sakuya as a touhou is different. Has nothing to do with th14. People can like characters or not, fair enough.

Edit: I see several people posted before me.

Edit2: You see, not everything has to have a reason which leads into a ZUN.wav (bang). Whether you find the reason for Sakuya's involvement in PCB interesting, funny, boring or hateful is completely your own opinion and possibly valid. After all, subjective = subjective

« Last Edit: May 24, 2013, 08:15:29 AM by Helepolis »

« Reply #483 on: May 24, 2013, 08:13:18 AM »
It has everything to do with it because whether or not I like a character is based on how well they fit into stories I like. I know who Sakuya is. If I didn't then surely I wouldn't be able to say anything on the subject. But I do know who she is, and unless DDC completely changes who she is there are only so many kinds of stories that can be told about her.

Sure, if you're just judging characters based on how pretty you think they are in fanart or whether you'd take them as your waifu, then the discussion quickly becomes quite silly. But that's not the only way to evaluate characters.

Drake

« Reply #484 on: May 24, 2013, 08:20:10 AM »
I agree more or less with Clarste, but I think concluding in advance that Sakuya won't have a good reason for joining the fray is underestimating ZUN, to an extent. In PCB and IN the other characters were pretty much thrown in just for its own sake, but he's gotten much more deliberate in how he's been staging things recently. Color me quite surprised if Sakuya doesn't end up worth her weight as a playable.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #485 on: May 24, 2013, 08:24:55 AM »
Though I am not questioning Clarste's knowlege about Sakuya or Touhou. I am just stating the fact that thousands of players are asking the question why Sakuya is involved. We don't know yet. Simple as that. Whether someone finds it boring, dull or good is acceptable reason but half the people are tossing it on reasoning such as: Story line and "sense". That is what is in my opinion wrong.

I am also patiently waiting for Reitaisai 10, because I want to know as well why she is here.

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
Re: Project 14 - Double Dealing Character
« Reply #486 on: May 24, 2013, 08:32:58 AM »
I'm not at all a fan of Sakuya, but it is pretty wat to say she won't fit in the story when you don't even know what it is. If you know something about the plot that the rest of us don't, feel free to share.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Gray21oh

• An excuse for a title
  • This is suppose to be nonsensical except it isn't
« Reply #487 on: May 24, 2013, 08:39:10 AM »
Since when we're there people arguing over Sakuya making no sense in a story that isn't revealed yet? No really, when? I'm kinda lost here.
Guess I should mention my first post here that I wasn't saying it makes no sense for her to be here, cause regardless whether a playable character in a Touhou game is liked or not, there is always a reason the character will have as stated many times by other people here.

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #488 on: May 24, 2013, 08:41:51 AM »
Everyone should just remember that ZUN makes the games primarily for himself anyway, so if he feels like throwing Sakuya in for a "random" reason, that's what's he'll want to do. Though I also don't think it will be random at all.

« Reply #489 on: May 24, 2013, 08:42:11 AM »
While we're here, I've always wondered why Patchouli sent Marisa in SA instead of Sakuya. Seems like if your household has a pet human that would be the natural choice.

Critz

• Heartwarming ★ Miracle
« Reply #490 on: May 24, 2013, 09:16:17 AM »
I assumed she's either just busy or really isn't a human being and thus is not allowed to go underground. Shame.
I don't like how ZUN didn't pick Sanae back then though. Would be a perfect chance for a "Oh crap, what have I done" moment for Kanako. And I wouldn't have to deal with her in EX :/.

Tengukami

« Reply #491 on: May 24, 2013, 11:54:57 AM »
Since when we're there people arguing over Sakuya making no sense in a story that isn't revealed yet? No really, when? I'm kinda lost here.
see
quite frankly I don't think I like the idea of a storyline where random time-stopping ninja maids with no backstory have a place in the story. ...  I do know who she is, and unless DDC completely changes who she is there are only so many kinds of stories that can be told about her.
i.e., the story that we don't even know yet. It's an a priori dismissal of the game's still-unknown story, i.e., "if Sakuya is involved, then I know ahead of time that I probably won't like the story." Clarste can dislike Sakuya enough to have a lower opinion of the yet-to-arrive game, but I think a pre-emptive judgement of the story based solely on her presence alone is a little bit premature.

Of course this kind of griping is always common in the days leading up to a game release, and it's not really a big deal. But given the amount we don't know, I'd prefer to assume the best then express pre-emptive disappointment based on my own speculations.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Gray21oh

• An excuse for a title
« Reply #492 on: May 24, 2013, 12:06:31 PM »
Ah, cheers for clearing that up for me, not really a fan about ragging on about stuff I don't like, even if it is personal.
Sup, you and I can be best friends.
Sorry for the late response, that sounds gravy.

Zakari

• This loli contains Autism
  • Autistic Loli
« Reply #493 on: May 24, 2013, 12:10:47 PM »
So many people discussing about Sakuya.

so..... can you imagine what does stage 1,2 and 3 boss looks like?

Gray21oh

• An excuse for a title
« Reply #494 on: May 24, 2013, 12:21:09 PM »
I think this time around there's going going to be more western influenced characters that will be the bosses this time around, which I suppose that would be pretty neat. Although that first boss thats been revealed, I don't think that she has a floating sword, it could just be a bullet from the shot type Sakuya's using. But who knows? I could be wrong.

ToyoRai

• Head But No Tail
  • I am still here. Sometimes.
« Reply #495 on: May 24, 2013, 12:25:00 PM »
also have to wonder if the shot types would be representative of what situation the girl has chosen (abandoning their weapon or following it).
I also wish that would be a case. Would be, for example, how Sakuya would fight without the usage of her knives.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #496 on: May 24, 2013, 12:25:19 PM »
So many people discussing about Sakuya.

so..... can you imagine what does stage 1,2 and 3 boss looks like?
Seeing ZUN has shown us exactly 1 boss so far, we can have some imagination of her looks (like how people used it to determine Koa's looks).

I doubt we're going to see Yuyuko again here forcing our girls to drink tea before leaving and pointing the way.  :V

I am hoping for a full cast of new Touhou girls. Mysterious front cover girl, too bad we have to wait for her reveal at Comiket most likely.

Hatateru

• Hatatatatatatatatatatatatata
« Reply #497 on: May 24, 2013, 12:31:30 PM »
Since Marisa's already got a flamethrower hakkero, wouldn't it be grand if Reimu's gohei functions like a magically extendable whip?
And then a sacked Sakuya told everyone that Flandre was one of her ex-bosses

Tengukami

« Reply #498 on: May 24, 2013, 12:37:19 PM »
Since Marisa's already got a flamethrower hakkero, wouldn't it be grand if Reimu's gohei functions like a magically extendable whip?

I cannot tell you how long I've waited for this.

Imosa

• Any sufficiently advanced technology
  • is indistinguishable from magic
« Reply #499 on: May 24, 2013, 12:38:28 PM »
I don't want a completely new cast of characters. Id just like most of them to be new. I also appreciate the return of old characters. It keeps the series from getting episodic. ZUN said TD's Extra stage was a hint to the next game, so I rather expect Mamizou to show up.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #500 on: May 24, 2013, 12:44:46 PM »
I cannot tell you how long I've waited for this.
But you could've played Koumakan no Densetsu!!!

Btw, Isn't the hakkero a furnace originally anyway? If she isn't going to use phantasm shrooms to power her hakkero to blast master sparks, then I am curious about the screenshot where she burns everything down.

« Reply #501 on: May 24, 2013, 12:46:07 PM »
I am glad that th14 will include Spell practice and practice start...
Blog updated: 14.11.2011
Twitter

Zakari

• This loli contains Autism
  • Autistic Loli
« Reply #502 on: May 24, 2013, 01:04:13 PM »
TH10-13 characters were eastern clothes, this time on TH14, the characters will have western clothes.

i can`t wait for Goth Lolita Touhou.

Gray21oh

• An excuse for a title
« Reply #503 on: May 24, 2013, 01:33:45 PM »
i can`t wait for Goth Lolita Touhou.
Considering Marisa's new spark is called "Dark Spark" I can only expect it to be part of the "dark" trend with "dark" youkai wearing such "dark" clothes. Wonder if all that dark would make everyone in Gensokyo go blind? (Sorry I had to).

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #504 on: May 24, 2013, 01:50:47 PM »
What is this Dark Spark people have been constantly mentioning. I'm going back and forth in this thread to seek out information but I cannot seem to locate it. At least the screenshots don't show us a spell bomb? 

Edit: wow I must be really blind. It is like right there in the screenshot of Marisa written in Katakana. ORZ
« Last Edit: May 24, 2013, 01:53:05 PM by Helepolis »

Tengukami

« Reply #505 on: May 24, 2013, 02:28:59 PM »
Considering Marisa's new spark is called "Dark Spark" I can only expect it to be part of the "dark" trend with "dark" youkai wearing such "dark" clothes. Wonder if all that dark would make everyone in Gensokyo go blind? (Sorry I had to).

Clearly it means Ex-Rumia has lent her power to Marisa through osmosis.

Kosachi

• Te-Te-Te-Te-Tenko
  • Hinanai Tenko~
« Reply #506 on: May 24, 2013, 03:40:22 PM »
Or everyone in Gensokyo has gone emo.

Have we seen both shot types of each character yet? If not, I'm thinking that each character might have a "dark" and "light" shot type.
I finally got ahead!

Imosa

« Reply #507 on: May 24, 2013, 04:08:33 PM »
Or everyone in Gensokyo has gone emo.

Have we seen both shot types of each character yet? If not, I'm thinking that each character might have a "dark" and "light" shot type.
I think it's been stated that each character will have 3 shot types. One will be a cursed version of the weapon they normally use, and the other two will be unusual weapons (I guess). Wasn't there something about Sakuya using cards as her weapon.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2013, 04:11:20 PM by Imosa »

ToyoRai

• Head But No Tail
  • I am still here. Sometimes.
« Reply #508 on: May 24, 2013, 04:38:18 PM »
Wasn't there something about Sakuya using cards as her weapon.
She uses cards as options or whatever they were called in Touhou series.

Imosa

« Reply #509 on: May 24, 2013, 04:52:59 PM »
She uses cards as options or whatever they were called in Touhou series.
An option is just a thing that floats around you and shoots bullets right?