Author Topic: 東方心綺楼 Hopeless Masquerade (TH13.5) - Discussion  (Read 371562 times)

Re: 東方心綺楼 Hopeless Masquerade (TH13.5) - Discussion
« Reply #540 on: November 08, 2012, 03:22:42 AM »
Mima

/prepares the hateshield

Well I guess she won't need legs for this game.

« Reply #541 on: November 08, 2012, 07:02:17 AM »
Well I guess she won't need legs for this game.
Legs are OP nerf plz
All we know that the aerial combat system its just for including Mima ingame
EoSD-> Easy clear
PCB-> Normal mode clear (3cc)
MoF-> Stage 6 normal
TD-> Stage 5 normal

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #542 on: November 08, 2012, 11:36:53 AM »

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Vyrien

• Your maiden walls
  • ...heheheheh
« Reply #543 on: November 08, 2012, 12:55:34 PM »
Congregation of Impertinent Drama Queens.

Art threadLivestream | Pixiv

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #544 on: November 08, 2012, 01:13:37 PM »

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

« Reply #545 on: November 08, 2012, 03:00:58 PM »
Y'know, I kind of want Mima to come back to annoy the people who are annoyed at the people who say that she'll come back.
For maximum annoyance factor, she should appear as a dialogueless midboss with no explanation as to why she's there.

game2011

• magneiptVE
    • Unsurpassed ??asual Dating - Real Women
« Reply #546 on: November 08, 2012, 03:28:38 PM »
Y'know, I kind of want Mima to come back to annoy the people who are annoyed at the people who say that she'll come back.
For maximum annoyance factor, she should appear as a dialogueless midboss with no explanation as to why she's there.
That's going to annoy the people who wants her back morei f you
I think that's going to annoy the people who wants her back more.

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #547 on: November 08, 2012, 04:13:23 PM »

aheartfeltreunion.jpg
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Maiden Synnae ミ☆

• Wizard Maiden
  • ★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆
« Reply #548 on: November 08, 2012, 04:14:12 PM »
don't make me punch you...

I can punch him in your place, if that's the case.

Sweetness and love~ ♥

Vyrien

• Your maiden walls
  • ...heheheheh
« Reply #549 on: November 08, 2012, 04:37:47 PM »

I wouldn't mind. It's more that I want a couple of extra nods to PC-98 canon. I would be equally as happy with Shinki or another prolific PC-98 character returning.

Before the thread turns into a pro/anti Mima's return argument again I have to say that I absolutely love the art style in the game.
Congregation of Impertinent Drama Queens.

Art threadLivestream | Pixiv

« Reply #550 on: November 08, 2012, 05:16:42 PM »

Liked the picture btw but the text is evil :(
At least we can have some Mima in doujins

aheartfeltreunion.jpg
ZUN didn't troll us!!!! Mima was in TD after all hahahahhahahhaha ;)
EoSD-> Easy clear
PCB-> Normal mode clear (3cc)
MoF-> Stage 6 normal
TD-> Stage 5 normal

Tengukami

« Reply #551 on: November 08, 2012, 05:21:37 PM »

Yes. This would troll both sides equally. Especially if, as Donut's shot suggests, it's disputable whether or not it's even her.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Lunasa Prismriver

• Poltergeist Violinist
  • Himorogi, Burn in Violet
« Reply #552 on: November 08, 2012, 09:10:33 PM »
Talking about PC-98 characters, I would like to see Sariel as she's an Angel.
ZUN could also troll us and put the unnamed christian girl from Dolls in Pseudo Paradise's cover.  :3

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #553 on: November 09, 2012, 03:15:18 AM »
Man, I knew I should have posted my "TEN DESIRES APPEARANCES: ZERO" picture right after I saw that macro.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Savory

• I am a save frog
  • *wink*
« Reply #554 on: November 09, 2012, 04:14:44 AM »
ZUN didn't troll us!!!! Mima was in TD after all hahahahhahahhaha ;)

-groan-

I know you meant that as a joke but that "ZUN is trolling" gag really annoys me....

AnonymousPondScum

« Reply #555 on: November 09, 2012, 02:52:10 PM »
-groan-

I know you meant that as a joke but that "ZUN is trolling" gag really annoys me....

I really don't get why people think he would be above it, is the thing.

Dead Princess Sakana

• E is for Elodie, who swims with the fishes.
« Reply #556 on: November 09, 2012, 03:52:41 PM »
I really don't get why people think he would be above it, is the thing.
No. The question should be why people think he would go as low as to constantly troll the fans of his work.
If you assume trolling as expected behavior in the first place, you might want to rethink your basics.

AnonymousPondScum

« Reply #557 on: November 09, 2012, 04:33:03 PM »
No. The question should be why people think he would go as low as to constantly troll the fans of his work.
If you assume trolling as expected behavior in the first place, you might want to rethink your basics.

I never said he was CONSTANTLY trolling.

It's more a matter of "Why would he say something and then not expect people to make certain assumptions about what he said?"

Tengukami

« Reply #558 on: November 09, 2012, 04:45:19 PM »
I never said he was CONSTANTLY trolling.

It's more a matter of "Why would he say something and then not expect people to make certain assumptions about what he said?"

Are we really going to do this again, four pages after we ended it?

Fine. This is not the same thing as trolling. Trolling implies intent; that he has deliberately set out to make fans think one thing when something else is the case, in order to purposefully upset us for his own sadistic glee.

This is totally different than fans drawing their own far-fetched conclusions and projecting their own hopes and desires onto the tiniest details, and is hardly ZUN's fault.

We had this derail four pages back, and it'd be oh so super swell if we didn't have to go through this again.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2012, 04:49:56 PM by Tengukami »

AnonymousPondScum

« Reply #559 on: November 09, 2012, 04:52:25 PM »
Are we really going to do this again, four pages after we ended it?

Fine. This is not the same thing as trolling. Trolling implies intent; that he has deliberately set out to make fans think one thing when something else is the case, in order to purposefully upset us for his own sadistic glee.

This is totally different than fans drawing their own far-fetched conclusions and projecting their own hopes and desires onto the tiniest details, and is hardly ZUN's fault.

We had this derail four pages back, and it'd be oh so super swell if we didn't have to go through this again.

Alright, fine, fine. I guess I can't tell what qualifies as far-fetched, then.

Tengukami

« Reply #560 on: November 09, 2012, 04:55:43 PM »
I guess you can't. And anyway is besides the point that trolling must include intent.

Sungho

• Custom Title
  • Personal Text
« Reply #561 on: November 09, 2012, 05:29:16 PM »
Those Mima jokes never seem to get old. How did it even start?

The story is so vague, anyone can just appear and it won't be so out-of-place.

th075 had 21 characters, th09 had 31 characters(including Aya), th105 had 42 characters.
(Those Prismriver Sisters somehow feel like those filler sentences in an essay)
And now th135 has about 70 characters to choose from.
(Numbers might be wrong)

Kawashiro Nitori might have a chance to appear, since she already appeared in two games and a lot of second derivative games.
Plus I think I read somewhere that Nitori was planned for th123 but was scrapped because of time restraints.
If she does appear, I just might say 'ええじゃないか?'
Signature

Ikari

• I'm just so charismatic
  • It's turning into derp
« Reply #562 on: November 09, 2012, 08:17:55 PM »
Those Mima jokes never seem to get old. How did it even start?

Kawashiro Nitori might have a chance to appear, since she already appeared in two games and a lot of second derivative games.
Plus I think I read somewhere that Nitori was planned for th123 but was scrapped because of time restraints.
If she does appear, I just might say 'ええじゃないか?'

I hate all the random ''OMAIGAWD I WANT MIMA TO COME BACK'' or ''She's totally going to appear for x reasons'' when they hardly make sense. That's my opinion. Now for some facts, if Mima was to come back, it would be pretty weird; I'm not talking about continuity (haha, in Touhou?), I'm talking about how she'll hardly have a distinct personality. When Marisa turned into Windows Marisa, she took a few Mima-ish things with her. If Mima was to come back, unless ZUN changes her (which defeats the purpose of having Mima, yes?), she'll feel like a Marisa knock-off.

Nitori wasn't mentionned for th123, Mokou and Kaguya were. And I think Wriggle was a very brief thought or something, but I'm really not sure.

Sagus

• Spin, Hina, spin
  • Spin like there's no tomorrow
« Reply #563 on: November 09, 2012, 09:31:27 PM »
I'm not talking about continuity (haha, in Touhou?)
Err, every main game after Mountain of Faith is directly related, characters mention events that happened in the extra material, and the events of this new game are directly caused by the events of everything that happened before (all the incidents making the humans go "f*** the world"). That seems like continuity to me.

Nitori wasn't mentioned for th123, Mokou and Kaguya were. And I think Wriggle was a very brief thought or something, but I'm really not sure.
Touhou net says in Nitori's article that ZUN stated that she was intended for Soku but was scrapped due to time constraints, although they don't give the source for this.
Peketo's Drawing Stuffs
Despite the name, it's mostly 3D models.

My fanfics.

Ikari

• It's turning into derp
« Reply #564 on: November 09, 2012, 10:19:02 PM »
Err, every main game after Mountain of Faith is directly related, characters mention events that happened in the extra material, and the events of this new game are directly caused by the events of everything that happened before (all the incidents making the humans go "f*** the world"). That seems like continuity to me.

Touhou net says in Nitori's article that ZUN stated that she was intended for Soku but was scrapped due to time constraints, although they don't give the source for this.

I more or less meant this as a joke, as there are a few wonky things here and here. I have to say, you're right on that one though; From MoF up to TD (and now Hopeless Masquerade), everything is related, which is nice.

I think the biggest example of a lack of continuity is the world wipe ZUN did when he made EoSD. I don't mind, as I started playing Touhou from EoSD, being only aware of the PC-98 games later on, but it's pretty... extreme.

That... more or less sounds like a fishy rumor. Kinda like my Wriggle one.

Tengukami

« Reply #565 on: November 09, 2012, 10:30:38 PM »
That... more or less sounds like a fishy rumor.

I see what you did there.

Ikari

• It's turning into derp
« Reply #566 on: November 09, 2012, 10:38:16 PM »
I see what you did there.

...I swear, it was completely unintentional.

Anyway, so I don't stray too far from the topic, is anyone else disappointed by the whole ''floating instead of flying'' thing? I liked Hisoutensoku for the fast-paced movements and ability to quickly go from one place to another in a split-second, and this one just seems like a dash makes you cross a tenth of the stage.

Plus, the fact they naturally fall down requires to player tap the up button to make them stay in one spot, and it ends up making the characters look like they're having a massive seizure.

Sagus

• Spin, Hina, spin
  • Spin like there's no tomorrow
« Reply #567 on: November 09, 2012, 11:07:34 PM »
Anyway, so I don't stray too far from the topic, is anyone else disappointed by the whole ''floating instead of flying'' thing? I liked Hisoutensoku for the fast-paced movements and ability to quickly go from one place to another in a split-second, and this one just seems like a dash makes you cross a tenth of the stage.

...I swear, it was completely unintentional.
The only thing worse than making a pun is making an unintentional pun. You, sir, should be ashamed :P

Plus, the fact they naturally fall down requires to player tap the up button to make them stay in one spot, and it ends up making the characters look like they're having a massive seizure.
Wait, is this how the gameplay really is? It didn't seem like it from the trailer. It DOES look a bit less fast-paced than Soku, but Marisa uses some dashes that covers half the screen once or twice, and they didn't seem like they were constantly falling either... were these mechanics stated by the creators somewhere?
« Last Edit: November 09, 2012, 11:12:59 PM by Sagus »
Peketo's Drawing Stuffs
Despite the name, it's mostly 3D models.

My fanfics.

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
« Reply #568 on: November 09, 2012, 11:11:03 PM »
I'm still not sure how much I liked the flight system in Soku, though I don't hate it outright or anything. But I'm honestly concerned about this "100% aerial combat" approach. I suspect that it's an attempt to make the combat more like that in the main shooters, at least stylistically, so my opinion on this will end up being from the perspective of a shoot-em-up player. If what Ikari is saying is true about you naturally floating down, and you don't have absolute control over your character's movement like almost all shooting games do (not just Touhou here), then it isn't quite like the combat in the main shooters anymore, is it?
« Last Edit: November 09, 2012, 11:13:12 PM by ふねん1 »
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

« Reply #569 on: November 09, 2012, 11:33:36 PM »
The flying combat is like that in Astra Superstars. Rather than falling all the way to the ground, the characters gradually rubberband to mid-height. You could think about it as having several 'tiers' that you can go up or down to by pressing 'jump', and eventually automatically return to the center level.  No real 'free flight'