Author Topic: Some Random Shorts  (Read 29560 times)

Re: Some Random Shorts
« Reply #30 on: April 03, 2011, 07:28:21 AM »
It was all a dream... and here, I thought it was another one of those alternate universe thingies. The ending was great; the part where Reimu gets sad/angry in the story was also great.

Also, Touhou Yukari hijack lol
Edited
« Last Edit: April 03, 2011, 01:51:39 PM by Immaterial Crow »

Crow's Dumping Ground of Art

"So I never have to worry what tomorrow will bring, because my faith is on solid rock; I am counting on God."

CS

• Undying hunger
  • Om nom nom
« Reply #31 on: April 03, 2011, 01:35:03 PM »
Well it's not really a dream, they're just like two alternate realities...

Speaking of alternate...

==========
Short #7, Part 5(/5) (Alternate Ending)

I sat up and rubbed my forehead. I knew I could not escape so what else can I do?

?I-I-I??

?What??

?I??

?I know, it?s because of your friends, isn?t it? Or rather, you don?t have any? I mean look at them. They laughed at you, they insulted you, they made fun of your mother?s death. They aren?t your real friends, huh? You don?t have friends. They just make you think they?re your friends, and then they break your heart by revealing the dark truth??

I looked at her as I felt like crying.

?Don?t cry, Reimu, I know the sad, painful truth. I understand it. You can?t even cry anymore can ?ya??

?No?

I wiped off the tears from my face.

?You?re wrong?

She raised an eyebrow.

?They ARE my friends. They?ve been by my side for years, and will no doubt continue staying by my side living our lives together for the years to come.?

?Well said. But tell me this: Is there nothing at all that you desire??

?No. I still want one thing. And that?s the strength to stand up. I have fallen into this deep well of depression so I?ll need to get stronger in order to climb back up again.?

?Geez, I guess humans never change, huh? They only pursue the things they don?t have and forget the things they already do. Once they grab hold of that thing they?ve longed for, it loses its purpose and value as they chase something else??

She paused for a moment and suddenly continued speaking in a monotonous voice.

?This is the 15,532nd time we?re having this conversation. Once I grant this wish of yours, you will live on your dream life but once you get tired of that one you will wish for a normal one, restarting the whole cycle. Over the course o-?

?Wait, what? You mean you?ve been granting my wishes over and over again??

?Yep. Been over nine thousand times??

?You really mean it? What are you? Some kinda genie? And why do you only grant my wishes??

?Nah, I?m just kidding. None of that really happened??

She reverted to her mischievous tone again.

?So, Reimu. You really want strength??

?Yes??

?Well, here you g-?

She started waving her hand as I felt a gust of wind from behind me but I grabbed her hand before she managed to finish doing whatever she was doing.

?No. Not like that.?

?Hm??

?Yes, I want strength. But I wanna earn it myself. Sure, when someone reaches out for you you can hold on to their hand and accept their help. However I?m not gonna do that right now. Victory tastes even better when done with your all. I want to stand up all by myself without holding onto anything. For once I want to achieve something without depending on my Mom, without depending on my friends. My entire life I?ve been relying on my mother?s hospitality. For once I want to be able to stand up for myself and taste the sweetest victory ever!?

The woman smiled at me and started clapping her hands.

?You?ve matured, Reimu. I never thought you would actually give such an outstanding speech. So??

Her smile turned into a sort-of-evil grin.

??let?s see how you do it, then??

With the snap of her fingers a rip began to form in my room. It slowly opened up like a portal as she entered. It closed up right after another snap.

?Let?s see how you gain this strength alone??

And just like that she disappeared.

I decided to change. To turn over a new leaf. To start off, I decided to clean my room. Everything?s a mess.

?

*GROPE*

?NYAH~?

?Orin, that sounded really wrong!?

The blonde-haired girl turned behind and looked at me.

?Reimu??

I smiled back at her as I continued squeezing them.

?Reimu, what have you been doing? It?s been weeks. Did you fall sick? Are you alright??

I shook my head.

?Nope. I feel well. Today marks the day of a new beginning. I?m back!?

Parsee could only stare at Orin?s chest with glowing green eyes as she put her hands on her own.

?Haha. It?s really nice to have you b-b-ba-ba-BAAAAAAAACK?

Marisa suddenly burst out in tears as she hugged me before everyone did the same and joined in.

?It?s great to be back, guys. Today I?ll start my duties as a shrine maiden and start keeping the shrine clean again.

Marisa put her hand on my forehead.

?Are you okay? That?s something Reimu would never say??

?Haha, I?m fine, Marisa. In fact, I?ve never felt better!?

?Reimu, I?m sorry ?bout that time. I?m sorry for saying such mean stuff?

I put my finger on her lip.

?Shhh. It?s not your fault okay? I was a little sad? Okay, VERY sad. I didn?t know what had come over me. I promise that will never happen again. ?Cuz you?re my best friend??

?Oh Reimu!?

I continued hugging Marisa as Orin and Parsee stood up.

?Hey, we better hurry if we don?t wanna be late?

?Yeah, she?s right, sis?

I pat Marisa on the back and handed her my handkerchief to wipe off her tears. We both stood up and walked hand in hand.

I looked up into the clear blue sky and smiled.

Just you wait! I?ll show you, you old hag! With friends like these girls, and even more at school, I?ll grant my own wish even without your help!

==========

Just wondering though. Which ending is better?  :V
Madness?

Kips McKipzerson

• I never did learn
« Reply #32 on: April 03, 2011, 01:54:16 PM »
The newer one.
iunno, something about reimu not being lazy is touching imo

« Reply #33 on: April 03, 2011, 02:00:37 PM »
The second one. Juxtaposition (is that the right term?) got me confused, but the new ending was much cleared.

It seems only Kip and I are actually giving feedback. Just noticed that.

"So I never have to worry what tomorrow will bring, because my faith is on solid rock; I am counting on God."

Kips McKipzerson

• I never did learn
« Reply #34 on: April 03, 2011, 02:21:53 PM »
Think thats because me and you are the only people who likes TC's shorts :V

CS, you should upload this on fanfiction or something. You'd be getting a couple more reviews there. Might help.

CS

• Undying hunger
  • Om nom nom
« Reply #35 on: April 04, 2011, 12:25:06 PM »
Thanks for the reviews and all, guys.

@Kips
Yea thanks, maybe I'll upload some(or maybe all) of my shorts here to fanfiction. Probably gonna do it in the weekends or something, though. For now I'll just stick to posting it here first...
Madness?

CS

• Undying hunger
  • Om nom nom
« Reply #36 on: April 04, 2011, 03:22:06 PM »
Suddenly had an idea to write again...

I guess once I finish this one I'll start uploading some things here to fanfiction...

==========
Short #8?9, Part 1(/14)

Slowly I pushed the wheelchair to the foot of the stairs and looked up.

Sigh.

I don?t think I can reach the shrine like this. It?s nowhere in sight.

With (almost) all my strength, I pushed myself up from my wheelchair. Slowly and steadily I got up on my feet. It?s been so long since I last stood up like this. Unfortunately I don?t remember how long exactly. I don?t remember what happened to me before I woke up in the hospital that day.

I lifted up my right leg and put it on the first step. This is going to be really painful. They say the first step is always the hardest, followed by the second and then the third. I felt my heart race anxiously as my feet trembled. I put all my weight onto my left foot and pushed myself up.

I did it!

I decided to take the second step. I lifted my left foot and put it on the second step. I repeated what I had just done a moment ago. I was successful yet again!

Slowly I made my way up as the shrine came into view.

When I finally reached the top, I could only stare at the shrine, devastated at its condition. It was almost in ruins. There were holes in the roof, the doors and windows were already gone and almost half the shrine had been destroyed, as if it was razed by a huge fire.

How can this be?

I decided to take a look inside anyway. Maybe I can still give my prayers and hope I get better soon.

You see, I?ve been in a comma for God knows how long. I don?t have any friends or family to come visit me at the hospital and keep me company. Hell, I don?t even remember who I am, what?s my name, where I lived. Everything.

I felt lucky yet unfortunate at the same time when the doctors said I was safe the first time I opened my eyes. Lucky because I am still alive, and the latter because I had no real purpose in life. I had no meaning to live on.

All I can do now is pray in this shrine that I?ll have a long and healthy life, find my old friends and family members and most importantly, finding out who I was in the first place.

I took my first few steps into the run-down shrine. There was dust everywhere, even a huge cobweb near the entrance. I bet the spiders living here are pretty damn big and I don?t wanna know how long they?ve been living here.

I took really cautious steps, making sure not to break anything any further.

The floor creaked as I slowly stepped on the planks of wood lying on the floor.

Slowly I made my way to the statue of the god worshipped here in this shrine.

?Hakurei Shrine, eh?? I said as I recalled the name of the shrine. I?ve heard about it from my friends a long time ago, during my long slumber. I remember hearing some old ladies talking about it, I don?t really remember well.

I took off my shoes and casted them aside. I got down on my knees and looked up at the statue. I put my hands together and prayed.

I begged for forgiveness for whatever wrong I?d done in the past. What?s done is done and no one, not even God himself can change that. I know that. That?s why I?m begging to be able to remember it all again. I wanted the ability to face the past, but I cannot do so because I don?t remember a thing at all. I wanted to know who my friends were, what kind of family I belonged to, what kind of man I was before the accident or whatever happened to me.

I put my head to the ground and prayed. I stayed down for a whole minute, chanting aloud my prayers as I relaxed my mind.

I lifted my head once again and put my hands together. Slowly I stood up and I opened my eyes, about to put on my shoes, only to realize something was different. Really REALLY different.

I turned behind and looked in awe?

What happened?

?

==========
« Last Edit: April 17, 2011, 07:24:02 AM by CS »
Madness?

CS

• Undying hunger
  • Om nom nom
« Reply #37 on: April 05, 2011, 09:20:42 AM »
Short #8?9, Part 2(/14)

I never remembered it was like this when I entered. What happened?

All the cobwebs were gone. Dust was nowhere at all, as I could take long, deep breaths now without choking in it. The planks of wood lying on the floor were all gone. In fact, the whole shrine was clean!

I continued looking around, wondering if it was a dream, until?

?Hey! What are you doi- nevermind. How?d you find this shrine??

?What??

?How did you manage to find this very shrine you are standing in??

?Huh? What? I don?t get it?

?Tch. What were you doing in the shrine in the first place??

?Uhh, well, I was, err, praying? I mean, what else would I be doing here? What happened here anyway??

?Sigh. It?s been a really long time since someone actually entered through the shrine. Usually it?s that old hag with her playful tricks. Normally what enters through this shrine is trash carried by the wind or old antique stuff left here. It?s been a long time since a person actually came here through the shrine.?

?What? I don?t get it. Enter what? What do you mean??

?Well it?s really too complicated for me to explain so let?s just skip that part. What?s your name??

?What? You came up to me just like that and now you?re asking for my name? Tell me yours first.?

?Me? Came up to you? Me? Moi? Well, let me tell you something. You came into MY shrine without any permission and now what? You gonna do something? You cannot leave as far as I know.?

?Well, to tell you the truth, I don?t even know my name. I?ve been in a comma for as long as I can remember so I don?t really know a thing about myself either. That?s why I decided to come here to the shrine in the first place. And what do you mean your shrine??

?So you think coming here to the shrine will make you remember stuff??

?I don?t know. I guess??

?Well whatever. You?re here now and there?s no way of going back again. Better start adapting to life here??

?What!? What do you me- WAIT!?

The girl was about to walk away but right after I shouted for her to stop, she did. And then she turned back and looked at me.

?What??

?You haven?t told me your name yet, miss. And can you at least tell me what you meant by ?adapting to life here?? Where is this? And I still don?t understand, what happened to the shrine? When I came in, this place was partially in ruins. The whole shrine was run down. What happened anyway? What did you do? Am I dreaming??

?Sigh. Been some time since the last one.? I heard her mutter to herself.

?Okay, it?s gonna be a really confusing story so try to catch up, ?kay kid??

I nodded my head slightly as a reply.

?I?m all ears.?

?Okay, to start off? you are now in Gensokyo? oh and my name is Reimu. Hakurei Reimu??

?Hakurei?? You mean??
« Last Edit: April 17, 2011, 07:24:27 AM by CS »
Madness?

CS

• Undying hunger
  • Om nom nom
« Reply #38 on: April 06, 2011, 02:51:16 PM »
I actually wanted to finish this by last night but I got a little distracted so i didn't manage to in the end. But at least it's here now...

==========
Short #8?9 Part 3(/14)

?Yes, I am the shrine maiden of the Hakurei Shrine-?

?B-b-b-but how is that possible? I mean, I heard the shrine has been abandoned long ago, so this- this is all just a dream isn?t it? Yea, I?m still back in the hospital, sleeping like a little baby. I can?t possibly be awake. I can?t possibly be walking around without knowing anything, even my own name? right??

?Well, it is possible. I?m standing in front of you now aren?t I? It?s up to you. You can believe whatever you want. This can be reality or it can also be just a dream. I don?t care. I?ll just-?

Suddenly a young girl comes running into the shrine, with her hands up in the air.

?Hey Reimu, Reimu, Reimu!? she said in a high-pitched voice.

That?s funny. Who is this girl? How old is she? And why the heck is she holding an old-fashioned sake gourd?

?What is it, Suika??

?Oh, sorry Reimu. I didn?t mean to disturb you and your boyfriend? I?ll take my leave now, nyahahahaha?

She turned around and just childishly ran out of the shrine again, disappearing without a second look.

?HE?S NOT MY BOYFRIEND!!!?

Now that I look at her again, she? the shrine maiden? she is? pretty?

weirdly dressed, huh?

I mean, her outfit just doesn?t seem to fit the normal shrine maiden?s. Not to mention her sleeves, that are somehow detached from the main clothing itself but yet they don?t fall off. Her big red ribbon also stands out a lot, I mean back where I come from, at least as far as I can remember, no one wears such ribbons anymore.

?Sheesh, that stupid oni??

Wait did she just say oni?

?Hey, what did you just say, miss??

Her face suddenly turned red as a tomato.

?SHUT UP! YOU?RE NOT MY BO-?

?Uhhh? I didn?t mean that. I meant, I thought you said something about an oni??

?Oh yeah, Suika?s an oni.?

?You mean that girl who just came in three minutes ago??

?Yeah, her.?

Now that you mentioned it, I thought I noticed two things protruding from her head. I guess those are her horns? Wait, what am I saying? Oni don?t exist! ? do they?

?Okay, kid. Here?s the thing. You?re not home anymore and there?s no way you can get back home. There is one way but that?s one risk nobody would really dare to take. So anyway, welcome to Gensokyo!?

?What is this place anyway??

Well I guess if I?m gonna dream about this place, I better just get used to it instead of trying to deny things.

?I?ve said it a hundred times. How many times must I say it? THIS! IS! GENSOKYO!!! Heard it this time??

?Yeah, yeah. Gensokyo? I?ve never heard of it before, though. Can you tell me a little more about Gensokyo??

?Well, Gensokyo used to be a desolate region in Japan centuries ago, haunted by the youkai living here. Eventually a barrier was erected around Gensokyo, sealing it away from the outside world. Today, there are only two simple ways to bypass the Great Boundary; one is through this very shrine. Somehow you are one of the very few people who have actually made it through this shrine. However, it?s a one way trip if you use the shrine. Once you?re here, you can?t use it to go back.?

?Okay? this is getting a little confusing??

?Tch. Alright alright, I?ll show you around the place. You?re only getting a quick tour and I?m off to the village to get some food.?

?Sure, I guess??

It was a little confusing but well no harm. If I?ll be staying here for a while, I don?t see the harm in learning a little more about it, right? Right?

?Okay, follow me??

I stared at the young shrine maiden as she easily levitated off the ground. She?s floating! Okay, no doubts anymore. This IS a dream.

?Oh yea, I forgot. You?re from the outside world so you probably never seen anyone fly before. Nevermind then. Here, hold on to my hand and I?ll show you around.

With ease the young girl named Reimu carried me up. Despite her small size, she?s really really strong.

I continued looking at her.

?What are you doing? Stop staring at me like that??

She looked down for a moment.

?PERVERT!?

She let go of my hand and I fell on my butt.

?Ouch?

?Good thing I wore my sarashi this morning. Okay, kid, I?m gonna take your hand again, and we?re taking a quick tour. If you do that again I don?t know where I?ll drop you this time??

She was threatening me. Her face changed to a very evil grin. I knew she meant what she had just said so I decided to close my eyes and hold her hand as we both floated off the ground.

?Don?t look up!?

??kay? WOAH!?

?Don?t look down! It?ll make you feel like falling.?

?YOU SHOULD HAVE SAID THAT EARLIER, YOU KNOW! WHAT SHOULD I DO NOW??

?Stop shouting. Just relax??

?

?Okay down here is the Forest of Magic, where lots and lots of fairies reside. Take a little walk inside and you?ll soon end up in the Misty Lake where you can go fishing for some REAAAAALLY good seafood, although it?s a little dangerous out there if you don?t know how to fight back since there are quite a few playful fairies lurking there and there?s the small chance to encounter a youkai since the place is covered with mist and finding your way around is really difficult.?

I looked around, amazed at the breathtaking beauty of this land known as Gensokyo.

Unfortunately, what REALLY ruined the mood was the constant urge to puke. I wasn?t really used to flying yet. I think I?d never even been on a plane before in my life. Either that or I?m just a little acrophobic. Maybe it only comes when I?m really high up in the sky? I don?t know, actually.

?And so if you look to your right over there you?ll see Youkai Mountain in the distance??

?

Soon Reimu?s tour was nearing its end and I just got used to the height. I guess I felt sick for the first few minutes or so but now it?s ok-

*barfs*

?Ewww, kid what was that all about? Couldn?t you at least hold it in till we got down??

?Sorry. I thought I was okay. But I?m okay now??

?As long as my shrine is clean, it?s okay.?

The shrine maiden looked down and smiled at me.

?Hey, watch where you?re going!?

?It?s okay. I know where I?m going. Oh, and if you look right below you right now you can see the Human Village. Alright, I?ve shown you around the places near my shrine, the Forest of Magic and this is our stop. If you?d like you can get that History teacher to show you around.?

Reimu then slowly descended to the ground and released my hand before walking into the village.

?Now if you?ll excuse me I?m off. Take care now.?

She waved at me and walked away. Suddenly I remembered something?

?Hey, wait! Who?s this History teacher you mentioned??

Maybe she didn?t hear me as she had her back turned to me and slowly she disappeared into the distance. Oh well if this place is as safe as she said, I guess it?ll be okay to take a look around?

I took my first step into the village. Everything seemed normal. I looked around the village. Nothing was out of the ordinary. It looked like some old village you would see in a television show. There was a crowd somewhere in the village so I decided to take a little look.

There were too many people for me to see what they were looking at. So I decided to ask someone instead.

?Excuse me, sir. May I know what?s going on here??

He didn?t seem to hear what I had just said.

?Sir??

I tapped him on the back.

?Oh, sorry. I wasn?t paying attention. Hello there youngster. With clothes like those, I bet you?re not from here, are you??

?No, I?m not. So what?s everybody crowding here for??

?Oh, we?re here to see the puppet show by Alice. She?s one of, if not the best puppeteer in all of Gensokyo. Her shows are just? indescribable? Here, I think you should be able to get a good view from my place here.?

?

The show was just amazing. It was astonishing. I don?t believe there?s a single person from my world who can play with dolls like that. This girl is just? like that guy said? indescribable?

Alas, all great things come to an end. The girl gives a bow, followed by all her dolls, synchronized. The most amazing thing in the show wasn?t the show itself. What amazed me the most were her dolls. They looked impossibly real. Their movements couldn?t possibly be done by any normal dolls. They were flying all over the place. However, what really mesmerized me was the fact that her dolls were floating without strings!

Right after the bow, the crowd dispersed and the villagers resumed their daily lives. Some approached the girl to thank her for the show, some even giving her coins for it as she was packing up. Oh and by packing up, I mean commanding the dolls to do all the packing up for her, before lining up in orderly pairs and then flying behind her in their lines as she left the village.

At the village entrance I caught up to her.

?Wait, miss!?

She stopped as her dolls followed, before she turned to look behind.

?Hm??

?That was a magnificent play just now.?

?Thank you. You don?t look like you?re from these parts. You new here??

?Yea, kinda.?

?Alright then, I?ll be taking my leave now.?

She bowed slightly and turned her back to me again.

?Wait, miss? Alice??

?Yes??

?Don?t you live here? I mean, is there anywhere else that?s safe for us??

?Oh, not really. I live in the Forest of Magic. I don?t like to live in a place with many people around. I just don?t like socializing like that. The only time when I do is when I come here for shows. Sorry it?s getting a little late. I better get home soon to prepare dinner??

?Wait, did you say Forest of Magic??

?Yea? what about it??

?Can I tag along? I kinda wanna take a little walk there but I heard it?s not really a safe place t-?

?Yes, it?s very dangerous there. Miasma everywhere, youkai roaming about and there?s no electricity there??

?What? Electricity? You mean here, in the village, ther- Wait!?

I chased up to Alice but it seemed as if she got really annoyed and decided to fly up into the sky before leaving to the forest. Darn it! I slowly walked around, hoping to find her again despite knowing such efforts would be futile.

I walked round and round and slowly I got further away from the village. Soon I had a feeling I was lost, as the Sun looked as if it would be setting pretty soon. No, I KNEW I was lost, that is until I saw her?

Alice? No? Alice is blonde, this girl is? not her?

==========
« Last Edit: April 17, 2011, 07:24:53 AM by CS »
Madness?

CS

• Undying hunger
  • Om nom nom
« Reply #39 on: April 07, 2011, 10:59:45 AM »
==========
Short #8?9, Part 4/(14)

?Hey, excuse m-?

Oh sh-

?Muahahaha, what is it that you desire from me, human??

This girl has wings?

?Hm??

She may look young?

?Hey!?

?but she?s definitely not any normal kid?

?HEY!?

?Huh? Yes??

?You called? So what is it you want from me, puny human??

Oh no. I better get out of here. Is she a youkai? Will she eat me? No matter what, I?ll have to get away as fast as possible.

?Hey, look behind you!?

I pointed behind the girl. Damnit, what was I thinking? Did I really think she would fall for something as stupid as t-

?What, where??

Nevermind?

This is my chance! I?ll have to get away as fast as I can. I turned my back to her and ran as fast as I could. Too bad for me, even the twigs and branches around hate me. They keep cracking and snapping everytime I stepped on them. To make matters worse, they?re all over the place. God, what is it that you want to do to me?

I managed to get away. I was panting, trying to catch my breath. Until?

?Hah! You think you can get away from me? Well, you can?t!?

?Well, it wasn?t like that. I mean, well, it- err, it was worth a try, right??

?You can?t get away from me! For-?

She tripped on a rock while trying to approach me. I guess despite acting tough and all, she?s still a kid at heart. I decided to close the distance between us to help her up. I don?t know, maybe I was a really kind person before the accident or whatever? I guess my instincts just got the better of me.

I stretched out my hand and opened my palm to her.

?Here.?

She grabbed hold of my hand, got back up on her feet and starting wiping some dirt off her dress.

?You alright, kid? Haha??

?Eye??

?What??

?Eye??

I looked at her in silence.

Suddenly she took in a deep breath and stood akimbo.

?EYE?M DA STRONGEST!!!?

?What??

?Muahahaha! Now I shall take my prey down!?

She attempted to take another step to attack me. But then she tripped on a rock again. The same one?

?Owww??

?Hahaha??

?Stop laughing!?

She got up and rubbed her head.

?You sure you?re alright??

?Eye?m fine!?

?Hahaha??

?Stop laughing!?

?Okay okay okay??

She got up again and sat down on the floor.

?Eye?ve never been beaten before. Eye can?t believe a mere human managed to defeat me twice like that. Eye want a rematch one day!?

?Haha, whatever. Hey, I almost forgot what I wanted to ask you in the first place??

She looked back at me in confusion.

?How far away are we from the village? The Human Village. I mean, I was following somebody but I got a little lost after a while, so, errr? can you help me out??

?Village? Village? village? village? village??

She chanted and chanted for what seemed to be a few minutes(?) and eventually she stopped and paused for a while.

?EYE?M DA STRONGEST!?

?What? No, no you don?t get it. I?m lost. Can you help me out? At least tell me what direction I should go to get back to the village. I mean, it?s getting really late and from the stories I?ve heard from some people, I shouldn?t be walking around outside like this after dark. Perhaps you can take me back??

?Village? As in home? You wanna get back home??

?Yes!?

Finally she understood what I was trying to say.

?Okay sure, come follo-?

She tripped over that same rock again.

?Owww? You got lucky that time, human! Ahem. Sure, come follow me. Hold on to my hand so you don?t get lost. It can get really dark sometimes, at some random places??

I held on to her hand and- oh god! It?s so damn cold. It?s like a freaking refrigerator!

?Oh, yeah. How rude of me. I forgot to ask for your name, young lady??

?Oh, so do you remember now??

Sigh.

?Yes, I remember now. So what is your name??

?Ahem. EYE?M, CIRNO! DA STRONGEST!?

?Cirno, eh??

?Yes! So what?s your?s, puny-human-who-got-lucky-and-managed-to-beat-me-THRICE??

?Well, one, don?t call me that. Two, I don?t remember my name, actually??

?Hmm? okay then, human!?

?Stop calling me human! It?s awkward!?

?Alright! Let?s go!?

She pulled my hand and dragged me with her again?

?Hey, Cirno??

?What??

?I was wondering. What are you? You have wings but you don?t seem like a dangerous youkai like all the youkai I?ve heard in stories and all.?

?We fairies take pride in what we do!?

?Fairy? So you?re a fairy??

?Of course eye?m a fairy. What did ya? think eye was? A pixie??

?No, I-?

?Pixies are boring! They speak in monotone voices and all have the same voice! They?re nowhere near as fun as us fairies!?

?What? Wait, where?re you taking me? I thought you were taking me back to the village??

?You said you wanted to go back home. Eye?m taking you back home now!?

?WHAT!??

?Don?t worry, this is gonna be FUN FUN FUN FUN!?

?What??

?Juz? c?mon! Eye?ll introduce you to some of my WEAKER friends!?

?Errr??

I don?t like where this is going. Is it really gonna be okay?

Soon everything got dark. I looked around me and all I saw were trees, trees and more trees?

Is it REALLY gonna be okay?

?

==========
« Last Edit: April 17, 2011, 07:24:57 AM by CS »
Madness?

« Reply #40 on: April 08, 2011, 12:11:07 AM »
Well, it's really interesting; you should finish this before we can make any comments because it just ain't complete yet.

Cirno tripping over the rock three times was funny.
?Juz? c?mon! Eye?ll introduce you to some of my WEAKER friends!?
I hope he doesn't get eaten. :]

CS

• Undying hunger
  • Om nom nom
« Reply #41 on: April 09, 2011, 06:16:55 AM »
I hope he doesn't get eaten. :]

Nah, been there, done that. I'm not gonna get him eaten just like that  :V

==========
Short #8?9, Part 5(/14)

"Good morning, human friend!"

I opened up my eyes.

"Let's go!"

"Huh? What? What do you mean? Who are you?" I asked, still half asleep.

"It's me, Cirno! You said you wanted to take a rest and you collapsed. Are 'ya okay now?"

I rubbed my eyes and tried to remember...

Suddenly it came to me. I recalled a certain blonde-haired girls words...

"Yes, it?s very dangerous there. Miasma everywhere, youkai roaming about and there?s no electricity there?"

So I guess this was the work of the miasma thing?

"Hurry up! We gotta get home quick!"

"Why? And where is 'home' anyway?"

"We live by the lake. It's really an awesome place! Quick!"

"Okay okay! What's the big rush?"

"Cuz' it's FRIDAY! FRIDAY! FRIDAY! FRIDAY!"

"Wha-?"

"Friday is the greatest day of the week! It's the best day for pranks! Some people take a day off on Fridays to come here and relax, fish or even enjoy the cool, fresh air. Besides, tomorrow is a Saturday and Sunday comes afterwards. Those are two days where lotsa people come here. They're the best days of the week!"

"Didn't you just say Friday wa- nevermind"

I smiled at her. I guess from here she does look pretty cute. She's a child, human or not.

"WE WE WE SO EXCITED!"

As we continued walking towards her home, I felt the air around me lighten. I took in a deep breath. Holy cow! I've never felt such fresh and cool air before!

"Hehe, we're here! Hold onto my hand so you don't get lost!" she said energetically.

Cirno grabbed my hand tightly. A little too tightly.

"Hey Cirno, can you not hold my hand that tightly?"

"Oh, s-s-sorry..."

She loosened up her grip a little, but still holding it with a firm grasp. I turned to look at her and something surprised me...

Even through the thick mist, I could see Cirno's face turning red...

"Ahem. What're we waiting here for? Let's go!"

She tugged on my hand.

Is it going to be alright? Well, I don't know about that. The only thing I can do now is put all my trust on her. So do I trust this fairy? I have no choice, do I? If I turn back now I'll probably get lost and slowly get my life drained away by the poisonous air in the forest.

"Hey! Stop spacing out! Let's go!"

"Oh, sorry..."

I walked behind her but eventually we walked side by side, hand in hand.

Cirno, I trust you...

I looked in awe. This place is amazing. Is this really Cirno's house?

"Home sweet home!"

I can't believe it. From the outside it was just an ordinary tree house but inside...

I heard the door open.

"Oh hey, Dai-chan! WAZZZAAAAA-"

I looked at Cirno, confused. The girl who had just entered suddenly opened her mouth.

"-AAAAAAAA-"

"-AAAAAA-"

"-AAA-"

"-AAP!"

The two slapped each other a high five.

I gave a puzzling look to the two girls standing in front of me.

"Hey Cirno who is th- GASP! You've been out all night with this man? So how was it? Hm?" the girl said in a mischievous tone.

Cirno's face suddenly glowed red.

"NOTHING! WE DID NOTHING! Sigh. Dai-chan, to tell you the truth, we fought last night. This man is indeed strong. He beat me three times in a row! Me! DA STRONGEST!"

"I see. So you guys 'fought' eh? Is he really that 'strong', Cirno?"
The girl tilted her head and smiled at me.

"So, how was last night, mister? Was my friend Cirno good? Did 'winning' three times in a row feel good? You are indeed strong. However, that was Cirno's first time-"

Cirno raised her voice all of a sudden.

"ALRIGHT! Ahem. Okay, this is my friend Daiyousei"

The girl named Daiyousei smiled and waved at me.

"You can call me Dai if you wanna"

"And this is... Uh... He's... Uh..."

"Geez Cirno, three times last night and you don't remember his name? Was it that bad? Sorry, let me rephrase that. Was it that good?"

Daiyousei giggled.

"Actually, miss, even I don't remember my own name-"

"Gasp! Mister, even you have forgotten your own name? My gosh! I should've been there last night"

"Shut up, Dai-chan! You shouldn't be rude to our guest!"

"Teehee. Sorry Cirno. Oh yeah, the plan is all set!"

"What? Aww, you girls didn't even wait for me? Eye hate you!"

"Sorry... We couldn't wait any longer. Don't worry, Cirno, we'll all get to see the poor victim's face, hehe!"

"What? Victim? Are you guys trying to hurt people? That's just wrong!"

"C'mon, you can watch with us. Nothing bad's gonna happen..."

"AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!"

The loud scream came from outside.

We ran out of the house as quickly as possible but the scream had already disappeared into the distance.

"Aww crap! We missed it!"

"It's okay. There's always the weekends."

"YEAH!" they said simultaneously as they slapped each other a high five.

"What was that anyway?"

"That, my friend, was a failed prank."

Prank? I guess these girls don?t mean harm to the humans? right? Right? I trust them?

==========

Please point out any spelling mistakes I made for this one. I was sick and was in bed the whole day so I actually did this one on my phone.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2011, 07:25:06 AM by CS »
Madness?

Kips McKipzerson

• I never did learn
« Reply #42 on: April 09, 2011, 06:22:34 AM »
I saw pervy Daiyousei.
I fucking love you man.

CS

• Undying hunger
  • Om nom nom
« Reply #43 on: April 09, 2011, 12:56:36 PM »
Was just wondering, did I just make a Mary Sue? (Or whatever the male version is called; Marty Stu?)  :ohdear:

==========
Short #8?9, Part 6(/14)

?Grrr, Dai-chan! Have you been going to dirty websites with my computer again??

?Uhhh? Teehee, no??

?Stop lying! Or eye?ll cyro freeze you-?

Suddenly the door slams open and three voices filled the air.

?CIRNO! WHAT?RE YOUR PLANS FOR TOMORROW???

?Alright, you three are here! Here?s the plan...?

Three girls came into the room. Fairies, I assume?

?Hehe? Tomorrow?s gonna be the first time eye?m trying this out??

?Cirno has a new plan, yay!?

Cirno stood up from her chair and walked towards the three to tell them about her great plan.

?Okay, so here?s the thing. Su- Dai-chan, ya? better not go near that computer of mine again!?

?Okay okay? Sheesh??

?Okay, here?s the thing. It?s a little prank used a lot by the outside world. Everyone who?s anyone in the outside world knows it. If ya? don?t, y?all just proving how useless y?all are. Muahahaha??

?Tell us!?

?Yeah, tell us!?

?Yeah, Cirno, tell us!?

The four girls stepped out of the house for a little while to discuss their prank for tomorrow.

Daiyousei and I both sat in the room quietly. Slowly she sat in front of the desktop again.

I really don?t believe it. How can this place have access to the internet? I mean, we?re in the wild! How does this place even have electricity!?

I looked at Daiyousei, staring into the monitor. I decided to break the ice.

?Hey, Dai??

?Yea??

?Uh? You, errr? Uh? uhhhh? You have really nice wings??

?Why, than- oh my gosh, stop thinking such lewd thoughts, you perverted man!?

?Wha? I?m not! You?re the on-?

?Gyahh~ Stop it, please! Don?t, please? You?re making me blush??

?Come on, Dai. We both know you?re the one who?s having such thoughts, ya? know. And didn?t Cirno ask you specifically NOT to touch her computer??

?Okay, okay? Hey, here. Have a seat. You must be tired standing the whole time. Sorry. We didn?t really get that many chairs here so??

She stood up from the seat. I didn?t want to decline her offer. I HAVE been standing almost all day. I better take a seat.

I sat down on the nice, soft, comfortable chair.

?Ah~?

?No~ Please, mister. Don?t make such weird noises. Cirno?s gonna hear us an-?

?What?s this? Eye?ve only been out for five minutes and what?re you two doing? Kid, eye thought you were my friend! AND WHAT ARE YOU DOING WITH MY COMPUTER!??

I turned to look at the screen and?

Dear god!

?CIRNO, IT?S ALL A MISUNDERSTANDING! I DIDN?T! IT WASN?T ME! PLEASE! TRUST ME! I DIDN?T DO IT! IT WAS ALL HER-?

?How could you? After all eye?ve done for you. Eye just left you two for a moment and you?re doing such dirty things to my friend! What are you, some kinda bear who likes little children? PERVERT!?

Cirno came up to me, grabbed me by the collar and pushed me down onto the floor.

*WHAM*

?OUCH!?

?Hahaha! Eye win this time, human!?

She let go of me and I stood up, dusting my body a little.

?Hey, you?re pretty strong, Cirno.?

?Of course! FOR EYE?M D-?

?Yeah, you?re the strongest. I know. You?ve said that countless times before. So? how?d your plan go??

?Hehehe. Everything?s going well. Come, follow me.?

She held onto my hand and I walked by her side to the door.

?And no, Dai-chan. No touchy me computa!?

?Awww??

?Tomorrow, when Star senses someone coming to the lake to fish, Sunny will do a little refracting job between my computer and the lake, while Luna does her own job. Eye?m not good at explaining it, but you should understand this prank, eye presume??

?Huh? I?m not really sure.?

?You are from the outside world, aren?tcha??

I looked at the little blue-haired fairy for a few seconds.

?Ahem, HEY LET?S GO HAVE LUNCH!?

Was she trying to change the subject? Well, now that she mentioned it, I am kinda hungry. In fact, I haven?t eaten since I came here. I?m really hungry now. I wonder what?s on the fairies? everyday menu?

?Let?s go!?

?

?So, kid, do you like sushi? Do you like ice cream??

?Uhh? I guess? why??

?Coz? ya? can?t have any! MUAHAHAHA!!!?

?Wha? When did you??

She held up a fish. But when did she catch it? She?s really fast.

Suddenly, in the blink of an eye, the fish froze solid!

?Woah! How did you-??

?Hehe. You like it??

She put the frozen fish to her face.

?Time to dig in~?

She took a bite in it.

?Mmmm~ Frozen sushi, my favourite!?

I heard my stomach growling. That brat! Without hesitating any longer, I looked into the lake. The mist is really inconvenient. I can?t really see properly. What?s inside this lake, I can?t even make out clearly.

I threw my hand into the lake.

*SPLASH*

I felt nothing.

I did it again.

*SPLASH*

Once again, nothing.

Once again!

*SPLASH*

I felt something! I caught hold of something!

With everything I?ve got, I tried to pull it out. Oh, this is gonna be a good one, I just know it. It feels really big!

I pulled.

*SPLASH*

?HAHAHAHA! You fell for that? That was meant for the people who fished here previously today! Haha, you fool!?

Cirno stuck her hand out to me.

?Haha, very funny,? I said in a sarcastic voice.

I held on and she pulled me up. My body was wet. My clothes were soaked. The water was dripping from my hair. AND IT?S SO DARN FREAKING COLD!

?Hahahahahaha!!! You should?ve seen your face! You were so surprised, weren?tcha? HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!?

Cirno fell on her back, holding on her stomach and rolled on the floor, laughing her ass off.

?Yea, yeah. Had enough already??

?HAHAHAHA? Wait, wait, wait for it? hahaha??

She took in a deep breath.

?Phew. Okay??

She wiped off a tear from her eye.

?Okay, that was best joke of the day. Okay, okay? enough now??

My stomach growled again.

?Hey, you look like you?re really famished?

*SPLASH*

?Here, eye?ll let you have this fish!?

She smiled back at me. Wait, how did she do that?

I took the fish anyway.

It jumped around. It?s kinda disgusting, trying to eat something raw like this.

?Hey, Cirno. I don?t really dare to eat this thing raw. Is there, uhh, any way I can cook it first? Maybe help me gather some campfire to start a fire??

?You puny human! Why can?tcha eat it raw? A true man eats it just like that, without cooking! When a man needs to survive in the wilderness, he NEEDS to take things raw sometimes. Drinking your own piss is sometimes essential in survival out here. I mean, don?tcha watch TV? Look at Grylls! Look at how manly he is!?

?What??

?Okay, anyway, if you really wanna be so weak and eat it cooked, you can bring it back to my place.?

?Uhhh? okay then??

I took the fish and together we walked back to her house.

?DAI-CHAN! YOU BETTER NOT BE AT MY COMPUTER OR ELSE EYE-?

?I?m not! See??

Dai was just sitting on the sofa. Wait a second. If there was a sofa there all along, why didn?t I just sit there when I first arrived instead of standing the whole time and receiving a scolding for something I didn?t even do? DARN THAT DAI!

?Okay, follow me, human!?

I walked by her side as we both reached the other end of the house. It may look really small from the outside, but inside it?s really big.

?Eye never showed you this part of da house, did eye? Here, my friend, is the kitchen! Tada~?

I looked around the place she called the ?kitchen?. It was surprisingly big, even for something inside a tree house. To tell you the truth, it?s even bigger than the room I was in back at the hospital.

?Okay, so ya? just dump it in this here machine that cooks anything we put in it. So just throw it in there!?

Cirno opened up the so-called ?machine? that looks suspiciously like a microwave. But wait a sec, how the hell did they get a microwave here? Oh well? this is all just a dream, isn?t it? Yea, I guess it is. I better enjoy it to the fullest? right?

==========
« Last Edit: April 17, 2011, 07:25:42 AM by CS »
Madness?

Kips McKipzerson

• I never did learn
« Reply #44 on: April 09, 2011, 01:06:02 PM »
If you're aiming for the "It's really not a dream" ending, Then that kinda makes a plot-hole as to how they have elctricity. I doubt Yukari would really give them any seeing as how she only helps people who can you know, benefit her, and I'm pretty sure team 9-ball cant.
Though if this is all really a dream, yeah, would make sense.

Also pervy daiyousei~

« Reply #45 on: April 09, 2011, 02:40:05 PM »
I like this Cirno a whole lot. For once, she's not portrayed as a total idiot. Also, what has Yukari been doing, enabling electricity and Internet and cable inside Gensokyo? (Cirno knows Bear Grylls? I bet she knows the Mythbusters, too. Hooray for Discovery Channel!)

CS

• Undying hunger
  • Om nom nom
« Reply #46 on: April 10, 2011, 10:26:25 AM »
I never really thought about how they got electricity and all in the first place  :V

Well, this is Gensokyo, after all. Weird, unexplainable things tend to happen...

==========
Short #8?9, Part 7(/14)

"Hey Cirno, whatcha doing?"

She ignored me, her eyes glued to the screen.

"Cirno?"

I walked over to her and tapped her on the shoulder.

"Nothin' much..."

I looked at her screen.

You?re now chatting with a random stranger. Say hi!
Official messages from Omegle will not be sent with the label ?Stranger?.Strangers claiming to represent Omegle are lying.
Stranger: Hi there.
You: I own a horse.
Your conversational partner has disconnected.

"Wha? What was that all about?"

"Hehehe. Just a little morning ?trolling???

She smiled.

?That's something stupid people will never understand. Oh look, it's about time!"

Cirno then closed her internet browser and opened up a video file, paused and ready to play anytime.

"Cirno! A group of three male friends are heading this way!"

"Alright! Y'all ready, girls?"

"Aye aye, captain!"

"I can't hear you!"

"AYE AYE, CAPTAIN!"

"Okay, then... You'll give the signal, Star..."

"..."

"They're here!"

Cirno clicks the PLAY button on the video player and suddenly, the video could be seen from the outside, like some sorta projection. And then the music starts playing...

Wait... this music... it sounds so... fami-

?

We're no strangers to love~
You know the rules and so do I~
A full commitments what I'm thinking of~
You wouldn't get this from any other guy~

I smacked my own forehead with my right palm.

"Hey, guys. What's that song anyway?"

"I really don't know."

"Me neither..."

Never gonna give you up~
Never gonna let you down~
Never gonna run around and desert you~

"But hey, it's kinda catchy," said one of the guys as he started dancing.

"Hey! Stop it man! We better get outta here!"

"Yeah, he's right. This must be the work of-"

Cirno suddenly giggled and said, "FAIRY! GOD! PARENTS!"

The three men started running away from the lake and the girls fell on the floor, laughing.

"Hey girls..."

"What?" the girls said simultaneously.

"Especially you, Cirno..."

"What?"

"Why'd ya' try rickrolling these people? It'll probably work for people from the outside world or those who miraculously have access to the Internet here, but these guys, they don't even get it..."

"Failed troll~" Dai whispered.

"Hey! At least eye'm not a dirty little girl who falls for cheap tricks! Remember that last time when you were offered FREE naughty pictures by going to that lemon p-"

"THAT WAS AN ACCIDENT!"

"YOU TWO CUT IT OUT!" I shouted.

Dai ran out of the house as the three fairies followed.

"We'll go after her. You two stay in here..." the blonde one in white and red said. What's her name again? Sunny?

I looked at Cirno again.

"There, there... Calm down, Cirno. Friends fight sometimes, too. Actually, it's a good thing if they fight. It just proves how much they trust each other that their relationship will not be broken."

"Eye'm okay..."

"Hey, Cirno. I've been meaning to ask you this..."

"Hm?"

"How do you guys get electricity here anyway? We're deep in the wilds. Even the Human Village has no such conveniences..."

"Well, we should all thank the kappa! They've been really nice to us. Eye dunno what they did but that blue-haired one did mention something about connecting it to the lake blablabla, hydroelectric blablabla, and somehow improving everything using their own tech, making everything wireless. Eye juz don't get it myself, haha."

"But then what about cable? And Internet?"

"That, eye'm not pretty sure. Let's juz say it's a freakin' miracle! Like magnets!"

I looked at her for a while, puzzled.

"Well, the kappa did briefly explain how they somehow made some kinda machine that absorbs waves and projects it to this other machine-thingy-thing, and something 'bout getting help from that parasol lady who was promised free internet and cable, too, or something like that, ARGGHHH MY HEAD HURTS!"

"So it's like stealing someone else's cable and internet line?"

Everything here in Gensokyo is just so weird. Everythings seems to work differently. It's not just awry, everything's topsy turvy in my little dreamland!

"But Cirno, why is it that you guys got them for free too?"

"Uh, well, the kappa mentioned something about humans calling it a youkai's secret weapon to destroy the Human Village, so they had extras and decided to giv 'em to us, FREE!"

"Wow, that's pretty cool."

----------

I've been staying here for a couple of nights now, nearly a week. It's pretty darn cool with the fresh air outside. It's just that weird mist that never seems to go away.

I really love it here, though. I've learnt a lot about these girls living here too.

Sunny, Luna and Star always come by to visit Cirno to plan for their upcoming pranks on humans.

Dai's a very naughty girl who does a lot of stuff a girl her age, or at least the age she seems, should never do. But she can be really kind sometimes, helping us pick mushrooms in the forest and cooking for us.

And then there's Cirno...

What more can I say?

She's really fun and outgoing, she?s cute, she's nice, despite being a typical online troll, and her childish behaviour just makes her even cuter. Everytime I see her smile, I feel warm inside. Everytime I see her sad, I feel bad. What is this feeling anyway? Have I fallen for her? Nah, how can that be? She's just a kid...

But still...

Hmmm... It's going to get dark soon and I'm starting to get a little hungry. The girls did say they'll be out for some time. I guess I'll go get some food myself.

Let's see now...

Fish is out of the list, since I can't see a goddamn thing.

Mushrooms? Cirno and Dai did teach me a little about mushrooms the other day; whether or not they are safe to eat... Okay, mushrooms it is!

I bent down a little to take a look at the green polka-dotted mushroom. I recall Dai saying something about these mushrooms seeming poisonous but actually aren't. They are huge and can fill one's tummy for an entire meal. The down side is that you'll get gas... a lot of gas...

I put both hands around it and pulled.

It?s really hard to get it out. I hope this is worth all my efforts.

Damnit, mosquitoes everywhere!

I let go of the mushroom and started hitting the mosquitoes around me. I hope Cirno has something back home for mosquito bites.

They?re everywhere.

I smacked them every single chance I had.

?What are you doing to my friends? Who are you? STOP IT!?

?Huh??

I turned to look at where the voice came from.

?Are you alright??

?Uh, I guess? yea, besides the several mosquito bites, I?m fi-?

?I?m not talking to you!?

The mosquitoes suddenly flew away, towards the green-haired girl who had just appeared.

?Guys, are you alright? Did the man hurt you??

She looked at me.

?How dare you??

Out of nowhere, green glowing balls began to appear all of a sudden. They circled around the girl.

?You like to hurt insects, do ya?, human? Take this!?

The balls circling around her suddenly stopped and all flew at me at the same time.

What do I do?

I tried my luck to dodge the balls, which seemed like bullets at that time.

One of them flew by my face. Phew that was cl-

OUCH!

I was then hit by dozens of other green bullets shot by the little green-haired girl. I collapsed to the ground.

How? Why? What just happened?

I tried to stand up but it hurts just too much.

I heard the sound of the wind blowing by. The miasma surrounding the forest was also at work. I knew it was the end?

The girl took a few more steps towards me and pointed her index finger at me.

?It?s over??

The finger slowly began to glow green?

I closed my eyes, ready to wake up from this horrible nightmare?

A few seconds had passed?

Nothing happene-

*CRACK*

What was that?

I opened up my eyes and saw her?

?I?m sorry? I shouldn?t have left you all alone? It was all my fault??

It was her?

I just know it?

But she sounded?

?different?

==========
« Last Edit: April 17, 2011, 07:25:56 AM by CS »
Madness?

Kips McKipzerson

• I never did learn
« Reply #47 on: April 10, 2011, 10:53:58 AM »
Please dont end this so soon. It's actually a good mix of humor and 4srs.

« Reply #48 on: April 10, 2011, 11:08:16 AM »
Failed troll is fail.

That aside, I second Kip's post. This short is under the influence of the Rou Syndrome (short story is long and dripping with awesome). And yeah, it's too funny too end.

Kips McKipzerson

• I never did learn
« Reply #49 on: April 10, 2011, 11:14:27 AM »
Failed troll is fail.

That aside, I second Kip's post. This short is under the influence of the Rou Syndrome (short story is long and dripping with awesome). And yeah, it's too funny too end.
I couldn't have said it better myself.
Besides, the main protag doesnt truly know how old Daiyousei is, does he? she could be a hundred years old for all he knows :v

CS

• Undying hunger
  • Om nom nom
« Reply #50 on: April 10, 2011, 11:38:59 AM »
Well, he doesn't, and he knows that's one thing he should never ask (maybe...)

I'll try to keep it going, but I don't know for how long since I have a really sucky attention span and I hope I don't run out of ideas... :ohdear:
Madness?

Kips McKipzerson

• I never did learn
« Reply #51 on: April 10, 2011, 11:46:07 AM »
Well, I just had a big lunch, so if you ever need some random story ideas I can prolly pull some outta my ass.

CS

• Undying hunger
  • Om nom nom
« Reply #52 on: April 11, 2011, 10:08:37 AM »
@Kips
Sure, you can PM me your ideas whenever you want and I'll see what I can do with them :V

==========
Short #8?9, Part 8(/14)

?Cirno??

Her voice was a little deeper than usual. And she didn?t have that usual childish accent. She sounded like?

?Please, just??

?an adult?

??hang in there??

She gave an angry glare at the girl who had just attacked me. Her eyes narrowed.

?Wriggle? attacking unsuspecting victims again, I see? Are you really that hungry? Or are you just really bored??

I looked around my attacker. I was shocked to realize what the previous cracking sound was?

I looked at the ground around her. The mosquitoes and other flies surrounding her just a moment ago had been frozen solid and shattered into pieces. Yes, tiny insects shattered into even tinier bits.

?I suggest you leave him alone, Wriggle.?

?But- but- But he attacked my friends fir-?

She stopped before she could finish her sentence and I understood why. I could feel it too. The look on Cirno?s face was just frightening. I could feel every muscle in my body cramp at the same time. I could feel all my energy being sapped away from my body. I've never seen this side of her before.

?You wanna see who inspires more fear, little firefly??

The girl named Wriggle trembled. Her whole body shook as she just stood there, unable to do a single thing.

?Y-Y-Y-You d-d-don?t scare m-me, f-f-fairy!?

?Oh? Really? Have you forgotten??

Wriggle summoned another barrage of green glowing balls and threw them at Cirno.

The fairy just stood there, still, holding her position. She lifted up her left hand and snapped her fingers.

I felt cold all of a sudden?

I looked at the fight once again?

All the balls thrown by Wriggle?

?Hm??

...were?

?What was that??

?frozen?

?Have you really forgotten, little firefly? I am the strongest??

Wriggle got back up on her feet which, after a second look, were half frozen. She ran as fast as her legs could carry her, never turning back to face the nightmare that was before her. After running several feet away, she lifted off from the ground and disappeared among the trees.

The fairy looked down upon me.

?I?m sorry??

?Cirno? Is that really you??

?Yeah??

She put her cold hand over my face.

?I?m so sorry??

?Why??

?I should have warned you first??

I saw a tear roll down her cheek, glittering under the moonlight.

?We fairies aren?t the only ones roaming around these parts of Gensokyo. There are many other dangerous entities out here, some harder to deal with than others. That firefly was just one of the weaker ones out there??

She slowly held me up to her face as I wrapped my arms around her and embraced her.

?Thank you so much??

?W-*sob* why??

?For saving me??

?But it?s all my fault this happened to you in the first place.?

?No, it?s not??

?Yes, it is! If I hadn?t had left you at home, all alone, you wouldn?t have come out and you wouldn't have been injured, would you??

?But you saved me in the end anyway, so thank you??

I could hear her continuous sobbing as she held on to me tightly.

?Hey, Cirno??

?*sob* what? *sob*?

?Why are you crying? And why are you protecting me anyway??

I heard a soft mutter from her.

?Idiot??

Soon I felt so cold that I just had to close my eyes and my vision just blurred out?

?

---------

Wha?

It?s morning already?

I got out of bed.

"Hey Cirno, morning"

"Morning, human!"

Suddenly an image of a much more mature Cirno flashed through my eyes. I could have sworn I've heard her speaking in a less, err... kid-like tone. Oh well, must be just a dream.

"Imma get myself some fresh air outside, back in a while."

"Yeah, sure. What!? Fake eggs? You people are really impressive!"

"What's that?"

"Oh nothing. Just some awesome trolls IRL involving fake eggs!"

"Huh?"

"IRL is short for 'in real life'. Sheesh, do eye have to teach you everything?"

"No, I mean, what do you mean by f-"

At that moment the door slammed open.

"GUYS! WAZZZAAAA-?

?-AAAAA-"

"-AAAAAA-"

?-AAAAA-"

Oh, what the heck. Guess I'll join in too...

"-AAA-"

"-AAAA-"

"-AAAAAAAAAA-"

"-AAP!"

I ended it quickly.

"So, morning guys. How was everything? How are you fe-"

Before Dai did get to finish her question Cirno bugged in.

"HEY! It's time for breakfast!"

The door opened again, this time revealing three familiar fairies as they spoke in turns.

"Did-"

"-someone-"

"-say-"

And they said it together.

"-breakfast?"

"WAZZZZA-"

"-AAAAAAAA-"

"-AAAAA-"

"-AaA-"

"-AaAaAaAa-"

"-AAP"

"Yeah, eye did!"

"YAY! BREAKFAST! So what are we gonna have today?"

Cirno showed an evil grin.

"Eye know! How about some blue waffles?"

"Really?"

"They exist?"

"COOL!"

Dai looked at Cirno suspiciously.

"Wait a minute, wasn't that the site you said I could fi- AH! Girls, it's a trap!"

"What do you mean?"

"What's so wrong with food?"

"Yeah, Daiyousei."

"Trust me guys. You can go google it if you don't believe me!"

"Girls, can't you see her face?"

Everyone looked at Cirno's suspiciously wide grin, cutting her face from ear to ear.

"Come on girls," Dai said, pointing at Cirno, "Can't you see it? That's her trollface."

"It's late. Eye'm gonna go get some myself then~"

"No, Cirno wait."

Several minutes later...

The three girls eyes widened, their pupils reduced to a single dot.

"What has been seen cannot be unseen," said Luna.

"See? I told you so..."

They sat in front of the computer, still staring.

"Uh, girls?"

"Hehe, so how 'bout we go grab some breakfast now?"

"Cirno, something's wrong..."

"..."

"Hey. Girls. Sunny, Luna, Star. Hey. Hello~"

"..."

"Wow, Cirno. I guess they don't call 'em shock sites fer? nothin, eh?"

"..."

"Uh..."

"..."

"Hey, Dai-chan, are you hungry?"

"Yeah."

"How 'bout you?"

They both looked at me.

"Me?"

I pointed at myself.

Both of them nodded.

"On second thought, Dai-chan and eye will go fishing. You stay here and have some waffles, then."

"No, Cirno. What if he does 'things' to the girls?"

"Uh, that'll only be you, Dai..."

"You'll only do them to me? No, please! No~ you're such a dirty man."

A sweatdrop rolled down my face.

"How could you? Eye thought you were my friend!"

"Not again. Oh and Cirno, what's all this fuss about blue waffles?"

"Ask the girls..."

She did that smile again.

"..."

"Or go see for yourself..."

Her smile widened.

"..."

"Coming out from a troll's mouth, I guess that's gonna be the last thing I do... Oh yeah, Dai?"

"Yea?"

"I can guess Cirno tricked you with-"

"OKAY THAT'S ENOUGH!"

"Yes, you're correct," Cirno grinned at me.

"So, what are we waiting for? What's for breakfast? Fish again?"

"Eye dunno."

"Me neither. C'mon, let's go outside and decide," Dai said as she opened the door.

"..."

=========

Moral of the story: Do not trust trolls...
« Last Edit: April 17, 2011, 07:26:01 AM by CS »
Madness?

Kips McKipzerson

• I never did learn
« Reply #53 on: April 11, 2011, 12:56:38 PM »
Okay.
So no team nine-ball, EX-Cirno... This seems extremely good. Now work on adding more words words words :V

CS

• Undying hunger
  • Om nom nom
« Reply #54 on: April 11, 2011, 01:11:12 PM »
I can't seem to write too many words. I can only go approx. 1000 words per post/part/chapter/whatever, 2k at most I think...

And team 9-ball is too mainstream :V
Madness?

Kips McKipzerson

• I never did learn
« Reply #55 on: April 11, 2011, 01:31:27 PM »
More words = longer story = more happy happy for everyone.
so do eeeeett

« Reply #56 on: April 12, 2011, 04:49:03 AM »
Yay moar! I think that this is becoming a slice of life story, so don't fret too much about the length; posting in forums makes things look longer than they actually are.

And do I see an Annoying Orange reference?

CS

• Undying hunger
  • Om nom nom
« Reply #57 on: April 12, 2011, 09:10:58 AM »
And do I see an Annoying Orange reference?

That one's been there for some time now, back when Cirno first got home  :V
Besides, there're quite a few references and shout outs done by our little ice fairy troll fairy

Oh and I've actually planned some things for it, so it probably won't be a slice of life (for long) (or will it?) (I don't know. Will it?) (Maybe...) (It may end soon...) (Maybe?) (I don't know...)

==========
Short #8?9, Part 9(it's already at that number... is it the end?)(/14)

"I'm sorry..."

What was that? What was that dream all about? I think I just dreamt about a more matured Cirno, sobbing.

Wait...

Cirno... Mature... Sobbing...

WHAT THE HELL HAVE I BEEN DREAMING LATELY!?

I think, maybe, just maybe, it's because I've been hanging out with Dai a little too much... Okay, no maybe, it IS because I've been hanging out with her too much. But what can I say? She's fun to be around... but not as much as...

Cirno's smile flashed through my eyes.

Huh? What was that?

"*sob* why? *sob*"

Get out of my head! Enough with such thoughts about Cirno.

I hit my head a few times.

She's my friend and I will never hurt her like that...

I really gotta stop having such dreams.

"Mor- Woah! Dai, you're early today. What are you guys doing? What's with that look of anxiety in your eyes?"

"We're going out..."

"Where to?"

"Hehe. That's for us to know and you to find out!"

"We're going to the shop."

"Awww, Dai-chan. Why?"

"Cool. What shop?"

"It's a little too far away for you to go, even with us. Besides, we fairies have something you don't..."

"Oh, and what's that?"

"That's for us to know and for you to never ever find out! Besides, the owner of the shop will probably even creep you out."

"Why?"

"Enough with the questions already! Eye'm gonna leave you behind, Dai-chan, if we don't go now."

"Okay, then. See 'ya later,..."

She waved and smiled at me.

"...onii-chan~..."

I felt my body burn up as my whole face turned red.

She closed her mouth with her hand and giggled.

Sigh.

Today's going to be a boring day.

Hey, I wonder...

I walked up to Cirno's computer.

I wonder if she has some stuff for me to do here to pass the time.

I switched on the PC, sat down and waited...

I waited for several minutes and the computer had been opened up and ready to use.

I wonder...

My Computer> D:> Videos

Let's see now...

Movies, Blurays, Anime, Spongebob, Others, This Is Not Daiyousei s Movies.

Yep. That's sooo hidden...

Back

My Computer> D:> Games

Wow, this is one big list. Maybe I should spend some time like this sometimes...

The door swings open.

"Oh hey there Sunny, Star. Hey, where's Luna?"

"She's still at home..."

"Yeah, staring blankly into space..."

?Hey, where?s Cirno??

?She mentioned something about going over to the shop? I?m not sure what she meant, though??

?Oh, you mean that shop??

?Yeah, I think he means that one??

?What do you mean by that shop??

?Well, well, look at the time??

?Yeah, Sunny, it?s about time for br-?

The two suddenly stopped and glared at each other for minutes.

?Errr? girls??

No respond.

?Sunny? Star? You girls okay??

What happened?

Oh wait?

Did the mention of ?breakfast? bring back some really unwanted thoughts?

I looked at them again, still staring blankly into each other?s eyes.

Yeah, I?m pretty sure. Geez, what did Cirno do to them anyway? I don?t think it?s really .that. bad, is it? Nevermind, I?m never gonna check it out anyway?

Hey now that Star mentioned it, I am feeling a little hungry. Maybe I?ll just take a little walk in the forest. If I don?t wander too deep inside, I won?t get lost.

?So girls, you okay now??

I approached them and waved my hand at them.

?If you?re not coming with me, I?ll just be off then??

Okay, since they?re not responding, I?m just gonna go by myself.

?

Hmm? I remember Dai teaching me a little about mushrooms not long ago; which ones are poisonous and which ones aren?t.

These thin and long red ones are supposed to be a really nice snack, according to her. Maybe I?ll get some of thes-

I felt a very familiar presence. I don?t know why, but I know, somehow, that I?ve felt this before?

I looked up and saw a very familiar girl?

==========

It's now over 9000 words long!
« Last Edit: April 17, 2011, 07:26:46 AM by CS »
Madness?

« Reply #58 on: April 12, 2011, 10:52:43 AM »
Yeah, I think it could end after the next chapter. Just guessing. Given some time, Daiyousei will know what makes people blush; that scene made me want to laugh out loud. And yeah, what happened during Cirno's breakfast?

over 9000 words? for the win!

CS

• Undying hunger
  • Om nom nom
« Reply #59 on: April 12, 2011, 11:37:12 AM »
And yeah, what happened during Cirno's breakfast?

Remember? The day before? The waffles? Cirno's troll?  :V

It's a shock site, do not visit while eating, before eating or after eating to avoid seeing your previous meal again  :V

Will it end in the next part?
Will the three mischievous fairies ever get better?
Will the MC ever find out about himself?
Will Cirno ever stop trolling?
Will I ever give you up?
Will I ever let you down?
Will I ever run around and desert you?
Why am I asking all these questions?

Find out in the next chapter: Is It The End?
(No it's not)
Madness?