Author Topic: Ideas and Story Snippets - "I had this idea for a Touhou fanfic..."  (Read 48080 times)

Hawkpath1337

• Winston Churchill was a Boss.
Re: Ideas and Story Snippets - "I had this idea for a Touhou fanfic..."
« Reply #60 on: January 08, 2013, 01:40:47 AM »
  • An AU fic based on the 007 verse but with Touhou characters. (Personally, I like the ring of "The name's Inaba, Reisen Inaba".)
I like "The name's Inaba, Tewi Inaba." Better.
Also:
Cirno challenges Yukari AND WINS. Hilarity ensues.
Yukari decides that there should be random holes in the ground everywhere. Hilarity Ensues.
Flandre Scarlet is Santa Claus.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 01:44:25 AM by Hawkpath1337 »

Alfred F. Jones

• Estamos orgullosos del Batall?n Lincoln
  • y de la lucha que hizo por Madrid
« Reply #61 on: January 14, 2013, 07:27:46 PM »
The Neighbourhood Hell Association is downsizing and streamlining the hells of the world. (About time! It's been on the to-do list for, like, the last 7,000 years.) Chireiden, as a former hell, now has to share space with Duat, the Egyptian underworld, which doesn't need a whole lot of space but couldn't be fit into any of the more thematically related Hells. Everyone worries about the mythological mishmash and its possible implications, until Satori makes Ammut her new pet, and befriends all the animals of their mythology.

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #62 on: January 15, 2013, 06:24:25 AM »
Hell is paradise for a hell raven, as Utsuho would gladly tell you. But one day, 2 gods tell her of a place far above where water freezes for 3 months every year, where corpses are sealed underground and away from hungry youkai, and where celebrations and festivals are rare - not a daily event nor even a monthly occurence. Appalled by the horrid conditions of the surface, Utsuho resolves to use the power granted to her by the gods to end the overworlder's problems and create hell on earth.

Reimu becomes frustrated about her endless poverty, and turns to masked vigilantism as an outlet. However, every time she dons her trusty mask, strange things happen to the residents of Gensokyo: the fairies are suddenly dressed in black turtleneck sweaters and ski-masks, Sanae starts overdosing on makeup while pretending she's a clown, Suika keeps trying to hug Reimu to death, and also seems intent on injecting herself with sake and calling it 'Venom'. Meanwhile, Momiji is flinging her shield around like a frisbee, Alice is shooting adhesive puppetry wires, and Iku is falling from the sky screaming about Asgard as Tenshi realizes she's adopted.

These incidents only occur when Reimu has the mask on, oddly enough, and though they feel real enough when she's resolving them, when Reimu returns to being a normal, boring shrine maiden, it's as though the incidents have never occurred. For example: Vigilante-Reimu punches Sanae in the face; later on, normal-Reimu talks to her and Sanae's not even bruised.

A strange sort of Marvel/DC/Touhou thing, I suppose.

Who's Tenshi supposed to be?

Keep going, sounds like fun.

« Reply #63 on: January 15, 2013, 08:58:49 AM »

Loki, I would say.

Rice Mistakes

• Higher than heat
« Reply #64 on: January 16, 2013, 04:21:11 AM »
In a quiet city somewhere, Reimu had spent her elementary and middle school days pretending to be the Hakurei miko, an all powerful protector of the peace in the fantasy land of Gensokyo, which led to an isolation she had never really cared about. She was now in high school and the craving for human contact and relationship has finally caught up with her. Leaving all her childish dreams behind, she sets forth for a new dream which was a normal fun filled high school life. But her delusions came after her in the strangest way, her explosive imaginary best friend was now a non-explosive but equally rowdy girl sitting behind her, the stoic puppeteer who frequently visited her shrine was now an up tight foreigner and class representative, and the celestial who shook Gensokyo was now just a typical troublemaker/delinquent. She finds many more in the entire school. They shared the same names and the same appearance but none of the experience! Was her make believe world actually real or it was one big coincidence?! As Reimu struggles to keep her delusions from exploding while putting up with her new friends' antics, she slowly finds herself in a bigger dilemma, she was falling in love with the most unlikely individual! Youth, hope, illusion and memories collide in this Touhou x Chu2 yuri fanfic!

I need this, for reasons. Say, would you mind if I wrote this? 

Loki, I would say.

Yes, Tenshi is Loki. She has the funky hat, the personality issues, and isn't considered a fully-higher being, unlike Iku, who... probably has the status, due to being a messenger of dragons. I think it keys in quite nicely, if I do say so myself.
Weather so extreme I can become a prokaryote

Rice Mistakes

• Higher than heat
« Reply #65 on: January 16, 2013, 04:47:33 AM »
Hell is paradise for a hell raven, as Utsuho would gladly tell you. But one day, 2 gods tell her of a place far above where water freezes for 3 months every year, where corpses are sealed underground and away from hungry youkai, and where celebrations and festivals are rare - not a daily event nor even a monthly occurrence. Appalled by the horrid conditions of the surface, Utsuho resolves to use the power granted to her by the gods to end the overworlder's problems and create hell on earth.

Keep going, sounds like fun.

It is fun to think about, but I don't think I'd be able to write it. This is the sort of thing that would stretch on for chapters and chapters and chapters... I'm not dedicated enough to write epics.

But I can keep throwing ideas out there. Eiki Shiki: Two-Face. Kanako: Nick Fury. Nitori: Iron Man. Utsuho: the Hulk. Yuuka: Poison Ivy.

And so on.
Weather so extreme I can become a prokaryote

Iced Fairy

• So like if you try to hurt alkaza
  • I will set you on fire k'?
    • Daisukima Dan Blog
« Reply #66 on: January 21, 2013, 07:33:08 PM »
I'll actually write this one day, but that day is far off, so I'll toss it up here as well:

With each fight between youkai, there is the fear of collapse of the small land of Gensokyo.
However, if youkai are unable to fight, their power will gradually vanish.
Therefore, I propose the following contract for the allowance for duels.

Concepts
That youkai can easily cause disasters.
That humans can easily resolve disasters.
That use of one's full abilities is to be denied.
That there are no things superior to grace and thought.

Law
Each duelist shall pin a flower of their choosing upon their breast as the match begins.
The weapons of each duelist must be announced beforehand.
Direct magical attacks are forbidden.
Do not attack without reason.
Reason becomes its own power.
If your flower is struck from your breast you are defeated regardless of remaining strength
To strike to kill or maim a foe is shameful.
If victorious against a human, you may not kill them.
The name of all duelists shall be recorded on paper in the same form as this contract.
As a result, all of the aforementioned regulations become absolute.
This paper will be called the "dueling charter".
A concrete method of battle may be discussed later with the shrine maiden.

OkashiiKisei

• Still working on the Grimoire
  • It's all about devotion
« Reply #67 on: January 21, 2013, 11:34:13 PM »
Law
Each duelist shall pin a flower of their choosing upon their breast as the match begins.
The weapons of each duelist must be announced beforehand.
Direct magical attacks are forbidden.
Do not attack without reason.
Reason becomes its own power.
If your flower is struck from your breast you are defeated regardless of remaining strength
To strike to kill or maim a foe is shameful.
If victorious against a human, you may not kill them.
The name of all duelists shall be recorded on paper in the same form as this contract.
As a result, all of the aforementioned regulations become absolute.
This paper will be called the "dueling charter".
A concrete method of battle may be discussed later with the shrine maiden.[/i]

So, are they fencing then? Or another form of combat?

Iced Fairy

• Daisukima Dan Blog
« Reply #68 on: January 22, 2013, 01:35:21 AM »

LaserTurtle

• Master of the lurk
  • *sips tea*
« Reply #69 on: January 24, 2013, 04:44:47 AM »
Classical literature on the mind! Can't get it out of my head, help!

In a story of gallantry, poetry, and love, Cirno stars in a play performed by the Fairy Troupe! Will Luna be able to confess her love to Daiyousei? Did Cirno really face off against a fairy mob of 100? And what love triangle will this story have?

Find out the answers on the midnight showing of Cirno de Bergerac! Tickets will be sold at the door for the price of 5 shiny things and food will be provided courtesy of Mystia's Lamprey Grill.

get it because "Cirno" and "Cyrano" sound sorta similar and so I just switched the two names and I'll just stop talking now.
Off The Rails [complete!] 1  2 - Sharks jumped: Somewhere between one and all of them
Talking to yourself isn't a sign of madness. Expecting a reply is.
Stare too long into the abyss and the abyss stares back, and then it gets awkward until one of you breaks eye contact.

« Reply #70 on: January 24, 2013, 11:07:31 AM »
Due to an accident during ressurection, Moukou and Kaguya end up conjoined.
Will they be able to work together to get themselves out of this mess?
Hell no, but they may manage to work together enough to run away from Erin, who has some unusual ideas for getting the twosplit apart again.

Prime32

• Munch-Munch Demon
« Reply #71 on: January 24, 2013, 11:15:55 PM »
A serious story which moves the Ten Desires cast to a contemporary setting, replacing the shikaisen ritual with a sex-change operation. Byakuren is Miko's conservative mother, who freaks out and interrupts Miko's girlification, accidentally sending her into a coma (Dr. Kaku and her nurse take most of the fall, and end up becoming fugitives). Years later, her friends are there to greet her as she wakes up. Oh, and Futo must be given an irrational fixation with miniskirts. :V

(based on the interpretation that Miko adopting a "more modern appearance" as a shikaisen included changing her gender)

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #72 on: January 26, 2013, 08:42:47 AM »
Remilia, master of fate, realizes that the history of the vampires is no longer consistent. Keine, master of history, realizes through her manipulation of the past that some outcomes refuse to change. To fix the problem once and for all, they undertake to unmask the perpetrators and erase them, Remilia through inevitability and Keine through history.

(Takes place before Embodiment of Scarlet Devil.)

« Reply #73 on: January 27, 2013, 09:04:52 PM »
I have...a terrible need...shall I say the word?...of religion. Then I go out at night and paint the stars.

Alfred F. Jones

« Reply #74 on: February 10, 2013, 02:26:54 AM »
The Komeiji sisters are the most feared poachers in Gensokyo, who lure and kidnap everyone else's pets and take them to their secret underground lair. When Nazrin disappears, Byakuren and Shou and the rest of the Myouren Temple crew decide to go rescue her from those dangerous satori before she ends up as Rin's snack!

an unmatched sock

• Um...what's this?
  • Should I be concerned? I think I should be concern
« Reply #75 on: February 14, 2013, 04:10:25 AM »
Some high-ranking PC-98 character finally gets fed up with being in the shadows, and rallies all PC-98 characters to face off against the Windows ones. However, they find that Gensokyo has become an American 1950's idealistic society sitcom world where different characters are in family-like relationships, and all water has been replaced by liquid desserts. Cirno is the small, annoying child of one of the families. Will the ancestors of Windows be able to fix this?

Iced Fairy

• Daisukima Dan Blog
« Reply #76 on: February 19, 2013, 10:01:02 PM »
"Sect> ... And now I'm thinking of Eternal Darkness, Hakurei miko style."

Yukari is Mantarok.  Discuss.

(Also : Pargon Pargon Pargon...)

Joveus Molai

• Bear the Word, and the Word will bear you.
« Reply #77 on: February 20, 2013, 12:25:57 AM »
"Sect> ... And now I'm thinking of Eternal Darkness, Hakurei miko style."

Yukari is Mantarok.  Discuss.

(Also : Pargon Pargon Pargon...)

Meiling as Chattur'gha.

Spoiler:
Trying to punch Patchouli!Ulyaoth was a bad idea, Meiling.

Alfred F. Jones

« Reply #78 on: April 30, 2013, 03:03:31 AM »
this was from a while ago but I just remembered it again:

[22:25] <E-Nazrin> After some chain of thought, I am now imagining Remilia marrying Miko specifically to become a princess.

« Reply #79 on: June 30, 2013, 06:50:55 PM »
I have several ideas for a Touhou x Highlander story for awhile now:

1. Mokou met and befriended a Highlander immortal who tried to show her the positive side of immortality, help her find another purpose than revenge, and take her travelling around the earth, meeting new people, cultures, and even fair folks/ supernatural beings.

2. an immortal met several of the Touhou characters long before the formation of Great Hakurei Barrier and met with them again in the present day Gensokyo.  An instance of the previous meeting is that immortal, who have the ability to copy the power of youkai and other supernatural beings*, worked in the SDM and bring up Remilia and Flandre to  maturity in both character and powers.

In the present day, that immortal also befriend Marisa and Reimu and acted as a go between and PR for the Hakurei Shrine to the human village. This ensures that Reimu's donation box is filled and that the villagers know about Reimu's real exploits. 

*that power was hinted at in the first Highlander movie in which Ramirez told Connor to feel the heartbeat of a stag, causing Connor to gain the speed and stamina of the stag.

4. An immortal in Gensokyo who is interested to learn from the various youkai communities exchanges tales, life stories and general conversation with the sages of each community.

5. Somehow the immortals got news of the existence of Gensokyo, the Hourai Elixir, and the person rumored to be able to make it. Excited by the prospect of absolute immortality they gathered in Gensokyo and play The Game there while trying to have an elixir made for them. How does Reimu and the others solve this incident of beheadings and small scale fire/ lightning storms?

Or The Gathering was caused by Suika who, for whatever reason,  used her power to gather the immortals in Gensokyo.

Another idea is a Strike Witches x Touhou in which a Neuroi Hive appeared above Gensokyo without the witches. Since Gensokyo's policy is to accept everything and everyone, using powers to completely destroy/remove the Neuroi is out of the question. Reimu and friends need to find a way to stop the Neuroi from taking over Gensokyo, understand and communicate with them and finally befriend them, just like with the perpetrators of past incidents.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 04:30:21 AM by palver7 »

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #80 on: June 30, 2013, 07:24:53 PM »
I'm feelin' the Touhou/Highlander crossovers. I say go for it. Especially the 'exchanging stories' one.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Gappy

• Oh...oh I was not ready for this.
  • It's only Logical....
« Reply #81 on: June 30, 2013, 09:17:33 PM »
Beware the OC backlash....  :ohdear:

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #82 on: June 30, 2013, 11:04:23 PM »
Idea I had this morning:

One of Cirno's friends is put under trial for a crime that she didn't commit. Somehow Cirno ends up as the defense attorney. Hilarity ensues.

Also has potential for a running gag of Cirno constantly mispronouncing Shikieiki Yamaxanadu's name.

« Reply #83 on: July 01, 2013, 03:54:28 AM »
Other ideas I forgot to include in the previous post:

Gensokyo vs Moon Capital vs World of Magic on Mars from Negima universe in the style of Warcraft III or Starcraft. The versus idea itself has turned up in another board but it was Moon Capital and Gensokyo vs World of Magic.

On the subject of Moon Capital, Kaguya and Usagi Tsukino meet and discuss the history and relationship between their kingdoms. The idea of Sailor Soldiers meeting Touhou is nothing new I admit. Others have come up with it.

@ Tengukami: Thanks for your encouragement. I'm glad to meet a person who also think that Touhou X Highlander is a sensible crossover idea. However I don't intend to flesh these premises into full stories, for now anyway. Maybe sometime in the future.   

@ Gappy: What kind of possible OC backlash do you have in mind?
« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 04:32:22 AM by palver7 »

« Reply #84 on: July 03, 2013, 05:07:04 AM »
Another idea is a Strike Witches x Touhou in which a Neuroi Hive appeared above Gensokyo without the witches. Since Gensokyo's policy is to accept everything and everyone, using powers to completely destroy/remove the Neuroi is out of the question. Reimu and friends need to find a way to stop the Neuroi from taking over Gensokyo, understand and communicate with them and finally befriend them, just like with the perpetrators of past incidents.

No, no befriending please. That will just cheapen and weaken the threat of the Strike Witches' side.

Other ideas I forgot to include in the previous post:

Gensokyo vs Moon Capital vs World of Magic on Mars from Negima universe in the style of Warcraft III or Starcraft. The versus idea itself has turned up in another board but it was Moon Capital and Gensokyo vs World of Magic.

Make it a fangame, not a fanfic.

Giratina93

• The Great Titan of a Lost Realm
  • Behold, the Dark Lord of Distortion sees all
« Reply #85 on: July 08, 2013, 08:20:32 PM »
So, I'm a little new to the whole fanfict thing... and I was thinking, perhaps I could try a story that's sorta Touhou, yet at the same time, not really Touhou. Basically, the premise I have in mind is a pocket dimension, similar to Gensokyo... only those there are attending high school, so a High School AU of sorts. The main star is one Satori Komeiji, as she struggles to survive coping with Freshmen year in a school filled with the supernatural. She will make friends, enemies, and uncover a dark and sinister plot within Youkai High, the institution built to help youkai learn more about the human world and try to adapt, for the inevitable day the barrier collapses and this realm and the human world become one. Many Touhou characters will be there, with some OC's as well (Obligatory warning of OC's). The personalitites will be as close to canon as I can get, to avoid some of the more common fanon personalities...

So...  wondering if idea sounds any good, or if sounds like a horrible idea...
Why... why must weak humans destroy their world? Why can they not preserve that which they see so dear to them? Why must all life perish before immortality?

Iced Fairy

• Daisukima Dan Blog
« Reply #86 on: July 09, 2013, 03:21:58 AM »
Depends a lot on how you write it.  I've written stranger AUs, and a lot of OCs.  Your big challenge when you write like that though is to make sure that the feel of Touhou flows through it.  It does seem like a tough choice for an early fic.  Your early fics are the ones you usually end up regretting later... ^^;

Two things you should probably look out for in addition to all the normal new writer issues.

1 - Make sure you're writing your characters, not 'avoiding fanon.'  Writing against something always leads to bad characterization.  You should make sure you're writing to character instead.  Focus on your character being real.

2 - The first rule of OCs is don't use an OC if a normal character would suffice.  First rule of Touhou OCs is don't make a custom romantic interest just because you have an urge to ship.  Both lead to bad writing.

Joveus Molai

• Bear the Word, and the Word will bear you.
« Reply #87 on: July 10, 2013, 12:33:00 AM »
Depends a lot on how you write it.  I've written stranger AUs, and a lot of OCs.  Your big challenge when you write like that though is to make sure that the feel of Touhou flows through it.  It does seem like a tough choice for an early fic.  Your early fics are the ones you usually end up regretting later... ^^;

Two things you should probably look out for in addition to all the normal new writer issues.

1 - Make sure you're writing your characters, not 'avoiding fanon.'  Writing against something always leads to bad characterization.  You should make sure you're writing to character instead.  Focus on your character being real.

2 - The first rule of OCs is don't use an OC if a normal character would suffice.  First rule of Touhou OCs is don't make a custom romantic interest just because you have an urge to ship.  Both lead to bad writing.

Seconding this. Preserving the "Touhou feel" is fairly important for any Touhou fic, though what ultimately constitutes "Touhou feel" is up to you. It's not necessary to disregard fanon, either--while some people may dislike certain common portrayals of certain characters, on the other hand a lot of them are popular for a reason. Unless you really want to explore completely original portrayals, you don't have to "avoid common personalities" to write a good Touhou fic...and as Iced has already advised, making "writing against fanon" your primary goal as a writer is not advisable.

Iced has already given you good advice on OCs, as well. Check out this comic at danbooru for an OC who is often regarded as being very well done (WARNING: DANBOORU CONTAINS NSFW ADVERTISEMENTS): http://danbooru.donmai.us/pools/2837

« Reply #88 on: July 16, 2013, 07:45:02 PM »
Something I've been thinking of doing, because I've seen none of it elsewhere, is writing about Byakuren doing wizard things.  Things like teaching magic or arcane research or simply transmuting a new structure using only dirt or grass a building materials.  Anything where she's actually using magic and not just being The Heart.  Any guidance on how to make a story along these lines?

Fonzi

• Comfort from battles
  • Cheers from beers!
« Reply #89 on: July 16, 2013, 08:53:12 PM »
It's not that I'd mind seeing an arcane/alchemist Byakurein fic. Juat saying that her magic specialazation is magic that boosts her physical abilities. She dabbled in dark arts in order to find a way to achieve immortality, so you could use that concept and write an origin story. Or you could go OOC with her and make her similar to Marisa, Alice or Patchouli.