Author Topic: Touhou GTA - A voice mod  (Read 18077 times)

DarkHedge

Touhou GTA - A voice mod
« on: July 10, 2009, 07:08:04 PM »
This is an on-going, long project of mine I decided to throw up as I saw some WIP's of other voice mods for GTA SA blossoming... I wish to mod CJ's voice, replacing his gangsta male speak by female voices for the Touhou skins, thus according with them. For this, I need volunteer, female voice actors.

Of course, this project is far from being easy. So, I will say right now that the work that's awaiting the volunteers will be hard.

First of everything, CJ's voice outside cutscenes is split in two major files: Bank 1 of PAIN_A, which has all of his grunts, pain screams, death exclamations, and a few spoken sentences, the falling exclamations. PAIN_A has 169 sounds, and many of them are unused or useless in normal gameplay. The other file, the biggest one, is SPC_PA, and contains 20 sound banks of sounds, for a total of 4109 sentences. Banks are, for most of them, divided, each of them according to a different condition of CJ.

He will not say the same things according to his wealth and if he's fat or not.

I will cut the shit right now: I didn't managed yet to produce the complete list of all of those damn 4109 sentences and this work is FREAKING PAINFULLY LONG. Unless I can figure out what I exactly need, I will tell you that NO sound from the SPC_PA bank will be modded until I know what I'm touching at.

This means that if there is any volunteers, you will be auditioning for the PAIN_A folder primarily. This is what's waiting for you in the PAIN_A folder:
9 death sounds, ranging from short to painful.
6 drowning sounds, which will be modified so they look like genuinely underwater.
24 grunts used when the character is hurt by something but NOT hit by someone.
15 falling exclamations, the only spoken sentences of PAIN_A, which must be said like if you were truly jumping from the top of Mount Chilliad with no parachute.
8 burning cries, which are of NO use for players who completed that R3 missions in the fire truck, however I'm still auditioning for them since they're fun to do.
14 cries and grunts used when the character is being hit by a bullet or by punches.
21 cries and grunts used when the character hardly lands after a too high but non-lethal jump.
10... sounds used when... the character has trouble eating all of what he orders at some fast-food... you see the drill.
12 + 7 grunts used when the character is climbing. The first 12 are "flexion", when he's starting to climb, the 7 others are when he finishes climbing and lands up where he wanted to be.
6 breathing sounds used when the character is taking some air after extended underwater periods.

This brings up the amount of work each volunteer to 132 sounds, out of the 169 that are all in PAIN_A.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2009, 09:34:01 PM by DarkHedge »

Easy Mode

Re: Touhou GTA - A voice mod
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2009, 07:10:56 PM »
What kind of auditions are you needing, though?
Are we to replicate the noises or do something different?

DarkHedge

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2009, 07:14:18 PM »
This is mostly replicating since it's mostly grunts and cries, but I wanted the mods to be interesting in the spoken sentences, replacing CJ's exclamations by more touhou-related things. Such as, for one of the falling exclamations and in Remilia's case, something funny like "My wings! They don't work!!"

This is a WIP, but it'd be already good if I had some volunteers, so that way I can rely on the same people when I'll have enough info on SPC_PA's hellful banks...

Easy Mode

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2009, 07:16:26 PM »
Oh, I got'cha.
I'd be happy to volunteer, but I'll be off and on this week. Babysitting my sister while my mom's on vacation, of course.

DarkHedge

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2009, 09:15:38 PM »
Anyone else...?

Easy Mode

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2009, 04:39:09 AM »
If you give me a list of things to say, I'll work on them.
I might wait around until you get to Alice, though. Possibly.

DarkHedge

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2009, 10:03:45 PM »
If you had skype or something that'd help, because that way I'd be able to see if your voice fits for Alice, or any other character...

Easy Mode

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2009, 10:09:12 PM »
I have NO idea what Skype is. But I'm pretty sure I can download it. Isn't it, like, for calling and stuff?

Infy♫

• Demonic★Moe
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2009, 12:25:05 PM »
yep

Easy Mode

« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2009, 02:20:34 AM »
Alright, I've got it now. Message me when you're ready for a tryout.

Gpop

« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2009, 03:07:16 AM »
Can I be Rinnosuke if he's in the game?

DarkHedge

« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2009, 07:48:08 PM »
Okay, I have lots of trouble to sort out the sound banks. Technically, I can seriously work only on the PAIN_A folder, and the SPC_PA work is delayed, I'll base myself on another mod I'm following and waiting for it to release.

So far I have Mode as a volunteer.

Concerning Kourin, Gpop, there is indeed a skin of him available, but we'll see that later. He is not very fitting IMO, plus he isn't a main character, and he doesn't fight. I'll remember you if I need an extra, but for now, it's a no.

triangles

• gotta stock up on dark matter
  • each pound of which weighs over 10,000 pounds
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2009, 10:27:55 PM »
Are you still looking for volunteers?  You didn't give a clear answer to how many voices you needs but I'm definitely willing to help :)

DarkHedge

« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2009, 08:12:41 AM »
Are you still looking for volunteers?  You didn't give a clear answer to how many voices you needs but I'm definitely willing to help :)

All right, I sent you a PM.

Easy Mode

« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2009, 06:58:32 PM »
Drop me a line when you need more Alice speak.
I'm in a rather good mood~

DarkHedge

« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2009, 06:57:43 PM »
So far:
triangles has been accepted to voice Remilia Scarlet
Mode will be voicing Alice Margatroid.

News:
Still nothing for the SPC_PA. No news at all, I can't find anything that can help me, so I must wait for parallel mods and base myself from them.
Concerning the PAIN_A folders, I'm getting started to create the (very few) lines Alice and Remilia will say in it. It's mostly grunts and a few sentences of humorous tone characters say when freefalling.

DarkHedge

« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2009, 05:23:08 PM »
BIG UPDATE

I have finally sorted out what I will use in the SPC_PA sound file, which contains all of the spoken phrases by the hero in the game. I will use banks 5, 6, and 15, and if needed, parts of banks 3 and 4. If I don't use banks 3 and 4, this will make a grand total of 645 sentences per character, which is far better than the whole SPC_PA file which is composed of 4000 sentences and 20 banks, the majority of which not being used during regular gameplay on a 100% completed save.

Please note that if you are still willing to be part of the mod, I just acquired more characters for eventual people who wish to.

List of characters
Akyu, Alice, Aya
Chen, Cirno
Daiyousei
Eirin
Flandre
Iku
Kaguya, Kanako, Keine*, Kisume**, Koakuma, Kogasa, Koishi, Komachi
Lily***, Lunasa, Lyrica
Maribel, Marisa, Meiling, Merlin, Mokou, Momizi
Nitori
Orin