Author Topic: Cosmic Break  (Read 211540 times)

Re: Cosmic Break (FIRST FANART CONTEST 01/12 to 02/17 11PM PST!!)
« Reply #420 on: February 01, 2011, 05:36:49 AM »

oh jesus help guys it's a long way down

also I broke chibi circles too but I didn't get a good shot of it

Read through the mangas on the website and they're pretty good. I want to read more.

EDIT: Right now, my Jikun is equipped with two armor breakers and has 11 TEC, no tune-ups, no body part changes, etc. If you can get Laz's TEC higher than that without tune-ups and part changes, I'm getting a Laz.
If you're wondering why I'm asking, I use land types for sniping, instead of artillery types. I tried sniping with Lily, didn't do so well.
Perhaps I'm missing something, but isn't it kind of impossible to change stats without tuneups or part changes? :V  I think Jikun has a higher base tec (slightly), but Laz has more capacity to work with and has two BS slots thanks to her legs which lets her equip two boosters; I've gotten her to 18 tec before without tuning.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2011, 05:38:35 AM by Esoterica »

Nat Tea

• ★三 ☆三 ★三 ☆三 ★三
  • 三☆ 三★ 三☆ 三★ 三☆
« Reply #421 on: February 01, 2011, 04:05:11 PM »
why is people inherently stupid

Spoiler:
if you see keras ingame say hi for me will ya
« Last Edit: February 01, 2011, 05:35:13 PM by Nat Tea »
Horie dorie~
Pixiv: http://pixiv.me/choja / PSO2: Choja (Ship5) / 3DS: 3496-9942-9472 / PSVITA: choja206 (English) / chojahiragawajpn (Japanese) / Cosplays: Koishi Komeiji, Kogasa Tatara
Tumblr contains cooking and cosplay. Twitter contains me retweeting everything.
I draw but I do not use artist title. I also write, but I have been inactive lately. I want to get better at those things and more!

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #422 on: February 01, 2011, 09:11:45 PM »
why is people inherently stupid

Spoiler:
if you see keras ingame say hi for me will ya

pretty sure the guy's just trolling.

Also, why don't people complain about Frau as much as Ouka? She's like Ouka, except she can fly.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2011, 09:26:58 PM by hyorinryu »

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

« Reply #423 on: February 01, 2011, 09:47:03 PM »
Also, why don't people complain about Frau as much as Ouka? She's like Ouka, except she can fly.
Because Ouka needs to be gamebreaking for them to have something to complain about, even though she's not OP to begin with.

Youkai of Tea

• Faith and Tea.
  • And TeaFairies.
« Reply #424 on: February 02, 2011, 12:19:28 AM »
I tried to do some surveys and managed to get enough RT for a Garapon roll which got me the grey haired C.S.. How exactly should i use her? The wonderbit is weird and the explosion seems to be kind of useless but i guess i am just using it wrong. Should i give her a melee weapon? How about short range weapons? Or just put 2 shields on her and practice exploding?

« Reply #425 on: February 02, 2011, 12:28:53 AM »
I tried to do some surveys and managed to get enough RT for a Garapon roll which got me the grey haired C.S.. How exactly should i use her? The wonderbit is weird and the explosion seems to be kind of useless but i guess i am just using it wrong. Should i give her a melee weapon? How about short range weapons? Or just put 2 shields on her and practice exploding?
C.S. is nice in that her stats are universally good.  You can do whatever the hell you want with her.  I personally run accelgun + micro zooka on her most of the time and play her like a regular healer.  Other builds I use include x2 shotgun with a burst fire bit, and x2 Viper Shield, run at a crowd, go boom.

Speaking of surveys I want 50 RT before today ends so I can get a Destructor Girl before the sale ends TOMORROW.  Had two offers confirmed for 9 Rt each and didn't get anything for them, goddamn.

Mounting Jaggis

• It's a dinosaur rodeo!
  • Yeee haww!
« Reply #426 on: February 02, 2011, 12:44:03 AM »
At least you actually get surveys, I haven't been able to get any Rts since the free offers were introduced. And you have like, what, 5 or 6 Rt bots?

« Reply #427 on: February 02, 2011, 01:09:33 AM »
At least you actually get surveys, I haven't been able to get any Rts since the free offers were introduced. And you have like, what, 5 or 6 Rt bots?
I've got an assload of gara bots - most that I never use - because I spent Christmas money.  From offers I've gotten a shine battler (#6 hurr), a sigma clock (dupe), and Misty (who is terrible if you don't make her a hopper; I suck at hoppers).

EDIT: Almost got Mecha Jetter Girl instead, but decided to go with Destructor Girl after all.

Oh my God this is the best bot I have ever played, I'm getting top 10 in unrestricted rooms with star ranks at level 0.  And let me tell you, Tec definitely makes a HUGE difference in damage.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2011, 03:33:19 AM by Esoterica »

Wisp

• Oh?
  • Asuka, asuka, asuka...
« Reply #428 on: February 03, 2011, 12:13:00 AM »
Perhaps I'm missing something, but isn't it kind of impossible to change stats without tuneups or part changes? :V  I think Jikun has a higher base tec (slightly), but Laz has more capacity to work with and has two BS slots thanks to her legs which lets her equip two boosters; I've gotten her to 18 tec before without tuning.
My Mini Lily gives +1 TEC.
Also, what body parts did you put on your Laz to get to that 18 TEC? How are her other stats affected?
They think I'll think that they'll do (A) so they'll do (B) because I wouldn't think they'd think of that but then because they might think I know what they're thinking they'll do (A) after all because I wouldn't think they'd think that way.

« Reply #429 on: February 03, 2011, 03:00:13 AM »
My Mini Lily gives +1 TEC.
Also, what body parts did you put on your Laz to get to that 18 TEC? How are her other stats affected?
Just look for parts with +2-3 tec and swap everything for them.  I was using x2 Crim AM, Laz LG, Laz BS, Shadow Hunter BS, Intelli Blue, White Flower, and an armor breaker.

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #430 on: February 03, 2011, 03:17:59 AM »
Any tips for soloing the the cactus mission. My main problem is the sheild wearing thing. They take too many resources to kill. Sniper bits take too much time/attacking to charge up.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

« Reply #431 on: February 03, 2011, 03:42:37 AM »
Any tips for soloing the the cactus mission. My main problem is the sheild wearing thing. They take too many resources to kill. Sniper bits take too much time/attacking to charge up.
x3 airs, unless you know what you're doing (I've heard of solos with Victory 1 before using grenades and the internal blast zookas).  First two airs should have 499 or less cost each, last one can be as expensive as you want.

Use shotguns, blasters, etc with the first.
Use wide beam gun + other weapon of choice on the second.
Use whatever the hell you want on the third, within reason.  You should be using a similar setup, but since cost doesn't matter with the third bot you could do something crazy like Stardust Cannon + x3 Great Force-tuned Custom Shotgun.

I don't know specifics beyond that aside from "blaster bits help", so good luck~

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #432 on: February 03, 2011, 03:54:40 AM »
No longer needed. I just took a Seraph, gave her a wide beam  and a mini-bazooka. Second was an Izuna with a similar setup. Used the wide beam gun on everything I could and the bazooka shat on the shielded ones. I cleared without dying, the boss has little health. Also, I used dual beam bits.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

Wisp

• Oh?
  • Asuka, asuka, asuka...
« Reply #433 on: February 03, 2011, 04:03:27 AM »
I gave my Jikun 2 Lily Rain arms, now has 13 TEC and 18 STR. Before, it was 11 TEC and 16 STR. Lost 4 WLK, though (21 to 17), but that's okay.
Now I only have 13k UC left. Yes, I am poor.
They think I'll think that they'll do (A) so they'll do (B) because I wouldn't think they'd think of that but then because they might think I know what they're thinking they'll do (A) after all because I wouldn't think they'd think that way.

« Reply #434 on: February 03, 2011, 04:31:25 AM »
I gave my Jikun 2 Lily Rain arms, now has 13 TEC and 18 STR. Before, it was 11 TEC and 16 STR. Lost 4 WLK, though (21 to 17), but that's okay.
Now I only have 13k UC left. Yes, I am poor.
Replace the BS for sure.  Jikun BS actually SUBTRACTS Tec.

I don't know what a good BS for lands for tec is though, aside from Laz BS and Shadow Hunter BS (both being 75 cost and having +2 tec among other stats).

Wisp

• Oh?
  • Asuka, asuka, asuka...
« Reply #435 on: February 03, 2011, 04:53:54 AM »
Replace the BS for sure.  Jikun BS actually SUBTRACTS Tec.

I don't know what a good BS for lands for tec is though, aside from Laz BS and Shadow Hunter BS (both being 75 cost and having +2 tec among other stats).
Gave it an Ace Braver, now 14 TEC. But it takes away 2 STR so I'm back down to 16.
I still need STR because I still use melee a lot, so I guess I'll have to stick with Ace Braver BS until I get a better one.

Also, this random guy walked up to me and asked me what I wanted for Cosmic Break Christmas. Someone else came and answered "your face."
Funny thing is, my Jikun is named "Your Face."

« Reply #436 on: February 03, 2011, 05:43:19 AM »
Got 30 more RT, made one last roll at gara 1 instead of getting bugsycait like originally planned.

Aigis Baltheon #5.

Yeah, should've seen that coming.  Still for the best though, didn't look over bugsy until now and I'm realizing my medi doesn't have the capacity to equip his AM or BS anyway.

Nat Tea

• ★三 ☆三 ★三 ☆三 ★三
  • 三☆ 三★ 三☆ 三★ 三☆
« Reply #437 on: February 03, 2011, 07:13:28 AM »
sometimes,

i don't understand why i even care for the things i love anymore
Horie dorie~
Pixiv: http://pixiv.me/choja / PSO2: Choja (Ship5) / 3DS: 3496-9942-9472 / PSVITA: choja206 (English) / chojahiragawajpn (Japanese) / Cosplays: Koishi Komeiji, Kogasa Tatara
I draw but I do not use artist title. I also write, but I have been inactive lately. I want to get better at those things and more!

« Reply #438 on: February 03, 2011, 11:32:11 PM »
9 RT to go for an eve gara roll, but I'm strongly considering just buying that linear gun right now.  Can't argue with an L-size railgun with the stats of a saggi with x2 internal carts.

Mounting Jaggis

• It's a dinosaur rodeo!
  • Yeee haww!
« Reply #439 on: February 03, 2011, 11:48:38 PM »
I'm gonna see if I'll be able to buy 320 Rt for 10 rolls. I want Lancerlot, Garula, and EVE. But I don't expect to get any of them.

EDIT: Was the Chaos Army Attack event in the beta? If so, were there prizes?
« Last Edit: February 04, 2011, 12:04:39 AM by Admiral Skye »

« Reply #440 on: February 04, 2011, 12:30:28 AM »
Went with a x1 EVE gara roll, got Lancerlot.

Haven't tried him yet, didn't really want him, but just with messing around in town I think I might give him some use.  Still would've rather had Garula, EVE, Long, or that one silver air bot with the ungodly-ridiculous stats.

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #441 on: February 04, 2011, 01:43:03 AM »
Not that big a fan of EVE. She don't doesn't look ART-like. Seems like she should be an AIR.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

Wisp

• Oh?
  • Asuka, asuka, asuka...
« Reply #442 on: February 04, 2011, 01:48:39 AM »
Brb, trying to convince my parents to let me buy RT so I can roll for Eve.

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #443 on: February 04, 2011, 01:56:59 AM »
I don't know how you guys can spend money on garapon, even if I am somewhat scarred by UC Garapon.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

Nat Tea

• ★三 ☆三 ★三 ☆三 ★三
  • 三☆ 三★ 三☆ 三★ 三☆
« Reply #444 on: February 04, 2011, 02:03:20 AM »
I don't know how you guys can spend money on garapon, even if I am somewhat scarred by UC Garapon.
I call it a donation.

I think I've already told you guys that I have around $500 ready to charge and use over the entire year of CosmicBreak, right?
Horie dorie~

« Reply #445 on: February 04, 2011, 02:13:51 AM »
I call it a donation.

I think I've already told you guys that I have around $500 ready to charge and use over the entire year of CosmicBreak, right?
can I have 20 plz :c

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #446 on: February 04, 2011, 02:36:10 AM »
I guess it's easier to do when you I put it that way,though I would rather buy something from the shop. I dump money I don't care about into UC Gara, so I guess it's similar. Still want that Koko Gaap though.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

« Reply #447 on: February 04, 2011, 02:41:48 AM »
I guess it's easier to do when you I put it that way,though I would rather buy something from the shop. I dump money I don't care about into UC Gara, so I guess it's similar. Still want that Koko Gaap though.
I highly recommend using a California proxy to do surveys to roll chibi gara if you want a chibi that badly.  Gold in UC gara is a bitch to get, and the UC koko lacks slots; her stats are virtually unchangeable.  RT chibis have nine slots as well as better abilities (Crim-chans, Ouka Kamuro, and maybe one or two other chibis have magic circles that give burst fire instead of long range; certain chibis have additional carts like Quick Swim; others still have completely unique abilities, such as Ouka Kamuro's Ouka Raisen and Lily's (alleged, I've never seen this before) helicopter-like takeoff when tumbling sometimes).

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #448 on: February 04, 2011, 03:02:19 AM »
I highly recommend using a California proxy to do surveys to roll chibi gara if you want a chibi that badly.  Gold in UC gara is a bitch to get, and the UC koko lacks slots; her stats are virtually unchangeable.  RT chibis have nine slots as well as better abilities (Crim-chans, Ouka Kamuro, and maybe one or two other chibis have magic circles that give burst fire instead of long range; certain chibis have additional carts like Quick Swim; others still have completely unique abilities, such as Ouka Kamuro's Ouka Raisen and Lily's (alleged, I've never seen this before) helicopter-like takeoff when tumbling sometimes).

Well, I do have access to the surveys, but a lot of them seem want information I would rather not give, or requiring the installation of things I don't trust and I couldn't be bothered to go through every single one.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

« Reply #449 on: February 04, 2011, 06:58:44 AM »
welp

reV, guess I was wrong about the wonderbits.  Wonderbit duration would be the same at 1/1 as it would be at 40/40, but apparently a wonderbit's strength is determined by your lower attack stat.

For example, a bot with 12 str and 12 tec will have their wonderbit last longer than someone with a bot that has 40 str and 12 tec, but their wonderbits will do the same amount of damage.  Similarly, a bot that has 1 str and 1 tec would have the same wonderbit duration as someone with 40 str and 40 tec, but the 40/40 bot will do considerably more damage with their bit than the 1/1.

Also, additional penalties for having one or both of the stats at 0.