Author Topic: Games You're Playing Right Now Thread VI - Even in this thread, F O E  (Read 282090 times)

Ionasal kkll Solciel

• Girl from beyond the 7th Dimension
Re: Games You're Playing Right Now Thread VI - Even in this thread, F O E
« Reply #510 on: May 28, 2016, 07:01:50 AM »
Also, Prim. Prim is the absolute worst character. I thought that Zill was my least favorite character but no, Prim takes the cake and shoves it down her cakehole. I've been wanting to throw Prim off the side of the ship for a long while, and she's been getting worse about it.
Prim's the Genom girl, right? It's very likely you'll be kicking yourself and/or shitting bricks once you learn why this is actually a thing.

(It's admittedly been a while since I've last played Ar nosurge. Really should pick Plus back up.)

Aaaaanyway, I'm very likely destroying my processor by playing Gemcraft: Chasing Shadows the way I am right now. Having gotten all of the unique field achievements, I'm starting to do Endurance runs. One of the major things to do before Endurance starts proper is to summon extreme numbers of enemies every single wave. Like creature wave cap numbers.

I think it's time I started using Bloodbound gems instead of Poolbound.

Anyway anyway anyway, it looks like Yomawari and Criminal Girls 2 are finally getting preorders set up through NISA and Amazon. Yomawari is getting bundled with htoL#NiQ, too, in case you haven't gotten it yet. Argh, I need more funds to funnel into games!

Obligatory link to what they have to change in Criminal Girls 2: Here. Like the previous game, they're doing some censoring (stuff like actual bondage, removing the voices during Motivation), but at least they're tapping the original artist to redraw the things they're going to have to modify.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2016, 09:38:15 AM by Ionasal kkll Solciel »
Let's Play: BIT.TRIP FLUX | Let's Play: Malicious | Skyward Sword: Shieldless Final Boss | Skyward Sword: Boss Rush! | Ace Combat Infinity: Campaign in the X-02 Wyvern

Move eternally forward,
So that we may always be at your side.

nav'

• nothing to see here
  • definitely not a Ditto
« Reply #511 on: June 03, 2016, 07:05:03 PM »
Had excellent fun playing Victoria II: Heart of Darkness these past few days. Although I managed to mess up nearly every single aspect of the gameplay (unnecessarily bled out in wars against the United Kingdom, played the Mexican War all wrong, missed out on the opportunity of colonialism, failed at industrialization etc), playing as the United States was very forgiving. I even got to intervene in South American conflicts and played a small part in the Great War. Having learned a lot about the game, I'm now ready to oppress underdeveloped nations, exploit the workforce and project my military power until great empires crumble and bow before our might.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2016, 09:39:16 PM by navpirx »
Рабинович глядит на плакат ?Ленин умер, но дело его живет!?
? уж лучше бы о он жил!

CyberAngel

• Retired
« Reply #512 on: June 04, 2016, 08:11:41 PM »
Can somebody remind me how hard the original F.E.A.R. is? Compared to what I already play at the moment, anyway.

Ionasal kkll Solciel

« Reply #513 on: June 06, 2016, 06:01:51 AM »
Well, this is interesting. The Legend of Zelda symphony is making another run. Going international, too.

Also, you can buy a Wind Waker off the site too (control over wind/tornadoes/people/statues not included).

Even though I went last year, I'm kind of tempted to buy a ticket for this one, too, never mind that it comes here mid-January.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2016, 06:03:22 AM by Ionasal kkll Solciel »
Let's Play: BIT.TRIP FLUX | Let's Play: Malicious | Skyward Sword: Shieldless Final Boss | Skyward Sword: Boss Rush! | Ace Combat Infinity: Campaign in the X-02 Wyvern

Move eternally forward,

« Reply #514 on: June 06, 2016, 06:01:19 PM »
Can somebody remind me how hard the original F.E.A.R. is? Compared to what I already play at the moment, anyway.
I don't know what you play, but speaking as someone that is okay at best at shooters and a total wimp when it comes to horror, F.E.A.R. wasn't that bad.

CyberAngel

• Retired
« Reply #515 on: June 06, 2016, 07:51:51 PM »
I don't know what you play, but speaking as someone that is okay at best at shooters and a total wimp when it comes to horror, F.E.A.R. wasn't that bad.

Well, I'm playing Max Payne on DoA among other things, and I consider it a strict but manageable and fun challenge. From what I've heard, you can die from just a few hits in F.E.A.R. on hardest difficulty. Which sounds like Max Payne on DoA, really.

Oh, yeah. I'm not all that big fan of horror. Tolerant of scares, but not so much of icky stuff. I guess I'll be fine, though I'll probably turn away whenever Fettel's mug is on screen.

Ionasal kkll Solciel

« Reply #516 on: June 06, 2016, 09:08:09 PM »
So I got two of my three packages today. One was not what I was expecting.

So I'm going to go play Atelier Sophie today, and not Valkyria Chronicles Remastered.

EDIT: So I just learned that the PS4's recording function only does the last fifteen minutes of use. So that's completely useless for me for what I was trying to do with it.

EDIT2: I just learned that you can obliterate the Batomys' radiators with one unit, in one turn, with no Potentials (though naturally only once per firing). God damn it, I should have figured it out once I noticed that the things were basically basins.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2016, 09:21:41 AM by Ionasal kkll Solciel »

Move eternally forward,

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
  • you'll thank me for the cropping later
« Reply #517 on: June 12, 2016, 11:02:18 PM »
when i'm not subsumed in fire emblem or league of legends i take a little bit to work on games that i'm making

Your Everyday NEET

• Part time Researcher & Let's Player, full time NEET, also an eel
« Reply #518 on: June 14, 2016, 03:12:54 AM »
Just finished playing Touhou Koumakyou ~ Scarlet Family. It's average, flawed, but still fun to play.

The story is simple, but stupid. Apparently Remilia wanted to fight Reimu, so she decided to visit the Shrine... by digging underground. But the Shrine entrance is sealed, cheeky bastard.
Spoiler:
Also, the ending is very stupidly funny. All the past incidents? It's all Reimu's doing.

You play as the member of Scarlet family sans Koakuma. Your objective is to explore the underground network of SDM and break the seal to Hakurei Shrine. You starts with strength value of 3 and pitiful amount of health and you get more upgrade as you went on. You can also find common equipment that increases certain stats, character specific equipment that give them field ability to access more places (this should be equipped at all times) and one that gives strengthen their attack, and coins that you use to unlock the final area.

This game has some flaws. First, you can only save in your base, which is on the very beginning of the cave. Dying in the middle of expedition? You just lost half an hour progress, congratulation. You can buy instant teleporter, but early on, it's pretty expensive. Second, most dungeon can only be accesses by a certain person only, that's because most of them requires their ability. Items that you can get by backtracking by using later character are few and far in between. Third, small enemy variety. Last, lack of boss variety, this it Touhou fangame, I expected to encounter Touhou character, not a variation of Yukkuri.

At first, the game can be fairly hard due to the lack of strength and resources. But as you gains more money, health, strength, and equipment, you'll gain the resources and strength to do a long expedition and the game becomes much more fun. Like I said before, the bosses lack variation. The area bosses are just variation of Yukkuri. Bullet hell yukkuri, spider yukkuri, samurai-head yukkuri, and another spider yukkuri. It's only until after you get Remi's equipment that you finally get to fight Touhou character... And they're not exactly fun to fight.

Now, I'm looking forward to play the sequel and hoped they improved the game.

CyberAngel

• Retired
« Reply #519 on: June 14, 2016, 12:32:14 PM »
I wonder, should I start F.E.A.R. on hardest difficulty from the get-go, or should I go through all of them to study the game gradually? Considering that your ammo, enemy health and their amount don't change, I don't see much point in the latter.

Your Everyday NEET

• Part time Researcher & Let's Player, full time NEET, also an eel
« Reply #520 on: June 18, 2016, 03:55:00 PM »
Well, they certainly improves Boho Youyoumu from the first game. Now you can save and heal from the shop, the teleport item are much cheaper, more collectibles to collects (although majority of them involves hidden path, at least I'm genre savvy), and actually we get to fight Touhou character from Youyoumu (PCB). Now I understand why Scarlet Family doesn't have much bosses: 80% of EoSD bosses are members of Scarlet Family, and we control them.

The enemies variety are mostly the same, with the addition of Spirits and Metal Kedama (like the one in Dragon Quest, rare, loves to escape, gives loads of money). Spirits are annoying, you see, this game has a gimmick: karma. The game doesn't want Youmu to be murdering fellow spirit (fairies and kedama genocide's still fine), so killing spirit increases her karma, higher karma means less strength and defense. But as long as you take care not to kill spirit, you won't get any karma.

The bosses in this game are hard. As expected, they all use danmaku. It's actually rather difficult to avoid danmaku in platformer, plus Youmu only got her swords to fight them, so that doesn't help. Youmu's rather fast movement speed and jumping momentum makes it hard to dodge, at least her hitbox is small though, that helps. Also, halfway through the game you get dash which allows you to graze them, that also helps. Why can I only adapt to Megamari in terms of platformer bullet hell?

Anyway, just like Touhou, there are 6 bosses + extra. Letty is easy. Chen is probably one of the hardest boss, she bounces all over the room while spraying her trademark danmaku, her movement makes it very hard for her to pin down, and getting close to her means taking a bullet to the face. Alice is pretty simple, 2 of her pattern are easy to dodge, plus she moves toward your x and y position making her easy to bait and attack. Prismriver are jerks, they circle around the very large room while spraying and they all have separate (large) life bar takes takes a while to deplete even if I'm one shotting every enemies in the area. I won with barely any health left (I think only one pixel left). Since Youmu is our character, we'll have Yukkuri boss instead, it's a large target and don't use danmaku, enough said. The final boss ironically is not Yuyuko, instead it's the same yahoos like the previous game, Reimu. She's annoying, her attack is just spraying amulet in your general direction before she stops for 1 second. Circle strafing (in 2 dimension) works best, except unlike Doom Marine, she doesn't have BFG-9000, only her swords + store bought Kirisame sword, so fighting her is just tedious thanks to having to avoid for 80% of the time. In second phase, she adds big amulet into the mix, again, just circle strafe. Third phase is Fantasy Seal and its ridiculous homing, I find it much faster if you just tanks it and slash her face rather than dashing like crazy.

After tackling the main story, you can challenge the extra dungeon if you want to. This requires your karma point to be max, this essentially nuking your str and def. The extra dungeon presents the toughest enemies (made even tougher with nuked stats), their sheer numbers and danmaku can truly challenge you... if I can't cut down bullets and two shot enemies, but they can still takes nearly 2/3 your health bar. The extra boss, which is not Yukari but Sakuya is the hardest boss. She jumps around while spraying slow bullets to you that is easy to avoid but still enough to keep you from slashing her. But that's not why she is hard, she's hard because her attack takes 85% of your health, and that's with me having maxed HP, and she has ridiculous defense that my attack seems to take only 1 pixel of her health bar, and again, that is with me having nearly max strength. Needless to say, I can't beat her. I'm not going to bother with boss that takes 10 minutes to beat where five mistakes at best sends you back.

EDIT: Three games and they couldn't find other final boss than Reimu. That's it, I'm done. In Scarlet Family 2, Reimu is significantly weaker. She doesn't have Fantasy Seal and her bullets can be erased, I curbstomp her... badly. Seriously, look at this video. (EX-Rumia version)
« Last Edit: June 21, 2016, 04:16:38 AM by Your Everyday NEET »

CyberAngel

• Retired
« Reply #521 on: June 20, 2016, 04:47:57 PM »
Finished Max Payne. Not nearly as hard as I remember, but nicely challenging nonetheless. Managed to get through with an intuitive use of the limited savegames. Seems like the game is nicely balanced in that regard.

Tried out F.E.A.R. and will start it on Extreme soon. It's funny to see a game that was in slideshow mode on my old machine run smoothly at max settings now. I'd have to say the graphics are a mixed bag. Some things like lighting, shadows and bullet holes are impressive even now, while some other effects like dust clouds made of huge sprites look cheap. Maybe I got spoiled by better stuff, or maybe the astronomical framerate makes such things more obvious. Still, the game seems nice anyway. That AI alone sure makes it worth to try out.

Oh, also finished Shadow Warrior. I could barely find any good guides about it, so I'll make my own writeup about weapons, upgrades and enemies.

notverycreative

• The coldest chill,
  • in the emptiness of reason.
« Reply #522 on: June 25, 2016, 04:49:14 AM »
I still play FF Record Keeper. Hit me up at XqSB if you want a Shout RW. That's about the only "worthy" SB I have. Still stuck at 2 medicas and neither of them are Curaga-level, no wall, no BSB, nobody wants damage RWs unless they're new, so...yeah. Festival tomorrow, though. I'm hitting up the first and fourth banners. After that I'm just going to stockpile mythril until probably the Shorthair Garnet event. Beatrix's SSB returns, and it's pretty much the best FF9 banner since the first one in the Beatrix event, and will not be topped in the Eiko+Viki BSB Event (the banners are too "balance of physical and magical" for a player who prefers one or the other). Golem Flute becomes Fairy Flute, Exploda gets replaced by Partisan (Def+Res Breakdown that's single-target), they add Steiner's SSB, and Amarant's "solid SB that hits one right down the middle" fist weapon is there as well.

I'm playing my PS2 a bit, too. It was in storage for a few months because I couldn't have too much nerdy shit hooked up while the house was on sale. It's nice getting back into PS2 SRW. I really missed that. I borrowed Tales of Zestiria from my friend and it's slow going. I might just give it back next time I see him. I just don't like it enough to want to beat it. Hopefully Berseria's better. I get my Vita back on Sunday. I let my friend borrow it while she was on vacation here.  So hopefully I can get some time in on that.

There's an SRW coming out on the 30th but I'll wait a while until I have the money for it. I'm not in a huge rush to get it, and I figure getting it a little late means some of the secrets'll be cracked, and unit data will be typed up (not from the guide, but from in-game) so I could do some planning in advance.
I need an option, a reason, and some hope.

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #523 on: June 25, 2016, 10:20:53 PM »
Lots of Don't Starve and Don't Starve Together. Logged about 50 hours combined last week, but at the cost of a burnout. 

Just bought Thomas Was Alone because "lol 3 bux" and enjoying it so far.
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

Moogs Parfait

• SPRING
  • Plz Send Naps
    • Danmaku!! Official Site
« Reply #524 on: June 26, 2016, 02:56:51 AM »
I'm playing reading Highway Blossoms.  The characters are super simple, protag is mourning her grandad who raised her and she picks up Useless Pretty Girl on the road, but the plot is fun and it's just...enjoyable.

« Reply #525 on: June 26, 2016, 02:59:05 PM »
Been playing Hearts of Iron 4 and postponing my Radiant Historia walkthrough because I have short attention span.
Personally I think it's far easier than the 3rd installment, because most of the thing is automated and abstracted to the abstract degree. The interface is also better, no annoying popups everytime you take someone's province. The icons are larger and easier to see.

Also, new member.

notverycreative

• The coldest chill,
« Reply #526 on: June 28, 2016, 04:25:10 AM »
Hopefully my quitting FFRK will stick. I can't do this gasha mobile game crap anymore. Pay-once regular RPGs are fine. They don't have gasha crap required for the best stuff. I was at this for almost nine months, and then I decided it was time I just didn't do it anymore. So...guess I'll get back to work on FE Fates. I'm a normal casual playing on normal casual, I don't care if it doesn't make me a real player or whatever. I'm too old to give a shit. Already planned out the marriages for Birthright and Revelation. Just need to get far-enough in Birthright so the marriagepocalypse will begin.

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #527 on: June 29, 2016, 05:36:34 AM »
Three words:

Zero Time Dilemma

« Reply #528 on: June 29, 2016, 12:47:16 PM »
Three words:

Zero Time Dilemma
Friday can't come soon enough. ;_;

triangles

• gotta stock up on dark matter
  • each pound of which weighs over 10,000 pounds
« Reply #529 on: June 29, 2016, 04:28:48 PM »
UGH SAME
I order off Amazon for the Prime discount and because they got me Bravely Second on release day and now welp  :fail:

Mr. Sacchi

• All shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.
  • Not postponed. Not in the end. Not for long.
« Reply #530 on: June 29, 2016, 04:38:38 PM »
Three words:

Zero Time Dilemma

...Which opens up on steam in 23 minutes.

I actually mistimed it by about an hour because apparently Steam thinks that "1 Hour and 59 minutes" = "About 1 Hour".

Still though, in 23 minutes we get to see the (maybe) final result of Operation: Bluebird in action. I cannot be more hyped.

Cirnouli K.

• Hax Sign「YOU JUST PLAIN F-ING LOSE (Unlimited Perfect Freeze)」
  • Yet another fairy lover
« Reply #531 on: June 29, 2016, 04:45:01 PM »
Four years or so late, I've finally gotten the opportunity to play Skyrim to it's fullest potential (as much as I can with this garbage computer-)...

And it's just as fun as I thought it'd be, once I modded it into Oblivion and back (hah!). Mods truly enhance everything with the game, and I'm rather glad I spent the ten bucks on it.

Now to just get the DLC... What do you guys suggest I get first? Dawnguard, Dragonborn, or Hearthfire? Can't get all three just yet 'cause of money issues.
Eye'm the strongest! - Unknown Ice Fairy, 20XX
Cirno is my spirit animal.

notverycreative

• The coldest chill,
« Reply #532 on: June 29, 2016, 09:28:07 PM »
I got Dragon Age: Inquisition yesterday. Holy shit, this first area (Hinterlands) is HUGE. And it still has the same issue as Skyrim/New Vegas where it's "SHEER CLIFFS EVERYWHERE" so the shortest distance between two points is a half-circle or something. Playing Female Elf Rogue, btw. I also have a female Qunari warrior. I've always wanted to make a parallel universe Yuugi in an RPG.

As for Skyrim, Dawnguard has a new companion who never loses their essential status (meaning invulnerable second target), so that's a plus.

Ionasal kkll Solciel

« Reply #533 on: June 30, 2016, 05:29:39 AM »
ZTD: I love how anticlimatic that first ending is.

Anyway, trying to get some traction in the Hard Skirmishes in VCR. Looks like Scout rushing will have to be a thing, since enemy Shocktroopers have absurd anti-personnel capability.

Move eternally forward,

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #534 on: June 30, 2016, 09:40:49 AM »
At about 15 hours in, I am now done Zero Time Dilemma.

I will not even write spoiler tags here that people might accidentally see.

Because holy shit.  When everything starts coming together and getting revealed towards the ending, it is a ride.

triangles

« Reply #535 on: June 30, 2016, 12:00:16 PM »
Only 15 hours?  I clocked over twice that for VLR....

« Reply #536 on: June 30, 2016, 02:54:40 PM »
Only 15 hours?  I clocked over twice that for VLR....
I didn't think VLR was that long, I managed to beat it in two days.

triangles

« Reply #537 on: June 30, 2016, 03:49:25 PM »
I don't have my copy on me to check but I know my clear time was in the 30+ hour plus range. Maybe I'm just a moron at puzzles or something :V

« Reply #538 on: June 30, 2016, 10:06:51 PM »
I don't have my copy on me to check but I know my clear time was in the 30+ hour plus range. Maybe I'm just a moron at puzzles or something :V
It could also be that I played it obsessively over those two days: I checked the times I got cheevos, and, well, I'm not certain I actually slept. :V

Ionasal kkll Solciel

« Reply #539 on: July 01, 2016, 08:30:57 AM »
I think the thing about VLR being longer is that they spend way more time in there with exposition, especially since the nine participants meet up together quite a bit. Plus, the rooms are more packed with puzzles in general, since you have the note safe puzzles to figure out along with the escape safe puzzles.

I kinda really miss that in ZTD.

Move eternally forward,