Author Topic: Games You're Playing Right Now Thread VI - Even in this thread, F O E  (Read 288376 times)

Jq1790

• Wow I'm back to playing this game.
  • Let's puzzle together again, Karin!
Re: Games You're Playing Right Now Thread VI - Even in this thread, F O E
« Reply #450 on: March 17, 2016, 01:42:16 PM »
I for one can see no downside to exclusives fading; more game for everyone!

Binged on Sonic Generations tje past few days, I beat the maingame and am working on the missions I skipped now.  Vector is a jerk and can go screw himself.  Stupid music notes.
If you're a Pazudora player and aren't on #puzzleandlibrarians, come join us!

SlimeKid

• Radical!
« Reply #451 on: March 17, 2016, 04:02:46 PM »
Found trying out MGS1 to see how to plays out! I had MGS3 not too long ago, but thanks to my clumsiness, it's lost. Kinda been playing it on and off!

« Reply #452 on: March 17, 2016, 06:27:05 PM »
Going through all of the Final Fantasies right now. Starting at VI.  :D

Moogs Parfait

• SPRING
  • Plz Send Naps
    • Danmaku!! Official Site
« Reply #453 on: March 20, 2016, 05:43:33 PM »
IV and V are worthy of a play through too

Reddyne

• Give me love and money. I have the rest already.
  • Love and money coming from you is what I need.
« Reply #454 on: March 21, 2016, 11:58:04 AM »
Going through all of the Final Fantasies right now. Starting at VI.  :D
I've been waiting for the rerelease of 9 via Steam for a couple of months now. It gets overlooked a bunch but its a favorite of a loyal group of fans and at least a few of the major staffers.
IV and V are worthy of a play through too
SOONnotreally

TA-DAAAAAAA! 61 blood donations and counting! 
Best Mile: 5:30
Best 5k: 18:07
Best Marathon: 3:23:16

nav'

• nothing to see here
  • definitely not a Ditto
« Reply #455 on: March 21, 2016, 02:58:12 PM »
Divine Divinity, a sadly overlooked classic cRPG, often humorous mixture of Ultima VII and Diablo (as odd as it sounds; the Diablo part mostly refers to combat) with a very nice, detailed and developed world and significant interactivity. Superb music too. Sadly I was forced to restart the game after the first two days, when I realized that I picked an underhanded character class AND messed up skill distribution. It was probably still salvageable, but I didn't want to struggle too much. Oh well, the time invested so far was by no means wasted.
Рабинович глядит на плакат ?Ленин умер, но дело его живет!?
? уж лучше бы о он жил!

« Reply #456 on: March 22, 2016, 03:12:45 PM »
Bloodborne. I suck SO much. ;-; But at least I'm getting a feel for the game now, and I feel comfortable now that I've restarted four times and looked up tips and tricks on how to start the game. It'll be a while before I think I'm gud enough to take on the Cleric Beast, though (that's how bad I am, and I'm strongly considering getting Father Gasciogne's help against it).

EDIT: Turns out that I just got gud, and beat Cleric Beast without Gasciogne and only using half of my healing items.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2016, 07:56:11 PM by Sect »

Failure McFailFace

• I'm h...a...p...p...y...
  • Impor
« Reply #457 on: March 24, 2016, 02:51:44 AM »
Vainglory is the only MOBA that I play and exists on mobile devices.

It's fun. My LoL-playing friends say that VG is pretty much a simplified version of LoL.
1cc Easy: DDC (all) | 1cc Normal: UFO (SanA autobomb),  DDC (ReiA, SakA) , LoLK (Sanae PD)| EX clears: DDC (MarB Ultra) | Puzzle Games: StB: 10-X, DS: Hatate unlock, ISC: All clear

Mujie

• Flipped turned upside down
  • Can you guess my sister?
« Reply #458 on: March 24, 2016, 03:10:34 AM »
I accidentally got into DOTA 2 and LoL because of some friends, after someone explaining how these games work I finally had an understanding a reason to play. I still end up feeding a shitton but it's the thought that counts
Who knew they were fun? cue "EVERYONE!"

notverycreative

• The coldest chill,
  • in the emptiness of reason.
« Reply #459 on: March 24, 2016, 03:33:05 AM »
I still play FF Record Keeper. Trying to not get so wrapped up in it and play regular video games but there's RL shit going on right now that's messing me up.
I need an option, a reason, and some hope.

jorjorbinks

• Can you guess my sister?
« Reply #460 on: March 25, 2016, 04:14:59 AM »
I usually play TF2 for the sillinessand because im f2p scrub with the hats and taunts and whatnot.
I've been considering play LoL and DOTA 2 for a long time, but I've never gotten to it.
Although, right now, my current playlist consists of LOTRO. Finally found a few friends to play with. So that's great.

Spotty Len

• The Spottiest Len Around
  • Yuuka Master Race
« Reply #461 on: March 30, 2016, 11:10:49 PM »
I fell in love with Trails in the Sky, I think there is no other way to put it.

I am 20 hours in, and while I can understand people saying it is a bit slow, I have still been enjoying those hours a LOT. It has everything I ask in a RPG, I wonder why it took me so long to play this one.

And those empty chests are killing me.

Ionasal kkll Solciel

• Girl from beyond the 7th Dimension
« Reply #462 on: April 01, 2016, 08:24:38 AM »
So, uh...

I picked up Trillion yesterday.

Oh god why did I pick up yet another min/max game? Oh yeah, IF, that's why.

I think it says something about my chances when I learned about one very specific facet of how to deal a very specific kind of damage to Trillion in the actual fight, rather than through all the mock battles (where it doesn't ever apply) and the one major sortie we had during the tutorial (I'm pretty sure he didn't have what was necessary to make that apply).

26 billion in the first fight is okay, but considering that's all of 2.6% of its health, well...

Also, Range Seal OP in the first stage, since if you move correctly, no mob should ever get an attack off before you smash their face with your 3 range. (And preferably eat them afterward for the passive buff to attack per kill you should probably have. [Not literally, this ain't DDS.])

After some work, I upped my damage output to 100 billion for the sortie. 10% is a marked improvement, but now I'm a bit scared as to what's going to happen after the next Trillion sortie, since my Overlord is guaranteed gone after that. I have no doubts that I'll be able to at least up that to 150 billion; my doubts go to what I'm going to do with her dying strike. Binding him is almost certainly not necessary - not when I can dodge relatively safely now, both direct damage and additional time are tempting. Then again, ghost partner and skill learn speed up are both great options too...
« Last Edit: April 02, 2016, 09:32:33 AM by Ionasal kkll Solciel »
Let's Play: BIT.TRIP FLUX | Let's Play: Malicious | Skyward Sword: Shieldless Final Boss | Skyward Sword: Boss Rush! | Ace Combat Infinity: Campaign in the X-02 Wyvern

Move eternally forward,
So that we may always be at your side.

« Reply #463 on: April 06, 2016, 02:41:26 AM »
I seem to fluctuate between "got gud" and "got shit" in Bloodborne: it took me more than ten tries to beat the Blood Starved Beast, and while I've only tried Vicar Amelia once, I don't feel at all confident about fighting her. My concentration also gets shot when fighting enemies like the stalkers or the big heavy hitters, and my time in the Chalice dungeon has been disastrous.

A-at least the Plain Doll is supportive...

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #464 on: April 13, 2016, 01:22:59 AM »
Since I wrapped up Fire Emblem Fates I've been messing around with a borrowed copy of Mario Maker. I'm not really good at or into 2D Mario games at all, but I love the idea of the game and it's fun to just play around with. This is the first time a game other than Splatoon has ever been in my WiiU.

I was never good at Mario as a kid, and I can see that I haven't gotten much better with time. The jumping just feels so stiff and weird to me compared to, say, Crash Bandicoot. I guess I just don't have it burned into my mind like most people do and I can tell you it isn't easy to pick up if you're not used to it.
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

Reddyne

« Reply #465 on: April 13, 2016, 12:32:13 PM »
Dark Souls 3 is out. Prepare to get rekt. So far it feels like it combines all the strengths of the other games. A+ great work would die horribly again.

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #466 on: April 15, 2016, 08:10:07 PM »
Just finished Ghost Trick. A DS puzzler with a murder mystery plot, made by the same guys who do Phoenix Wright.

It didn't think it would be more then just a cute little game at first but the game's plot really had hooked me by the end of it.
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #467 on: April 16, 2016, 06:36:24 AM »
So Bravely Second came out in Europe and I didn't even know yet. In fact; I found out it came out in Febuary yesterday.

Ironically the NA release date. [Hey guys it's out in NA]

Mrgrgr....

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

triangles

• gotta stock up on dark matter
  • each pound of which weighs over 10,000 pounds
« Reply #468 on: April 16, 2016, 01:27:08 PM »
It came out in Europe on my birthday which I was a tad cranky about but now it's finally in my hands  :V :V :V

« Reply #469 on: April 18, 2016, 03:27:27 PM »
Played (and beat) Stories: The Path of Destinies after seeing the Zaibatsu play it. It's pretty fun: you play a retired pirate as he tries to defeat the evil Emperor, only to inevitably die. But it's okay: you're actually reading a potential destiny in a book, and you learn something that can help you when you go on another path. I beat it in five hours, but I only got four out out twenty-four endings (as well as the True Ending).

Reddyne

« Reply #470 on: April 19, 2016, 01:36:55 PM »
I hit the late game pretty hard in Fire Emblem Fates' Brithright route. Things got really troublesome with enemy placement, reinforcements galore, and units capable of one hit kill criticals. I played through two chapters in succession as one was real short. Then I got to the endgame and found out I couldn't save my progress. You start out surrounded and one of my characters took an unlucky 12% shot to the face which was enough for others to do him in via scratch damage. I also found out that reclassing the main character was a bit of a mistake due to legendary weapon craziness that I should have recognized from the start but wanted to play things my way. Whoops. I won in my mind. GG. Conquest route coming some time in the future.

Bravely Second is next and I look forward to cheesing it with characters dressed in silly outfits. My girlfriend and I are also debating whether to play Undertale or Final Fantasy 9 together. FF9 might be easier as I have some reservations about stubbornly dragging someone through the pacifist route in Undertale, considering how stupid I can be about them.

Speaking of which, I'm still playing Metal Gear Solid 5 and have tracked all of the times I got someone killed by accident. Fare thee well, sweet Running Lemming. I was going to knock you out until I walked into a mine which wound up taking you out. I wager you would have been sent to some far corner of the earth to die by my command anyhow.  :ohdear: :ohdear: :ohdear:

The ⑨th Zentillion

• The impeaches were delicious...
  • Now hungry for conviction!
    • Zentillion's Tumblr
« Reply #471 on: April 20, 2016, 03:33:43 PM »
KHUχ, KHUχ... and KHUχ, So this is what mobage madness feels like! Also, playing through Live A Live again thanks to the current LP of its Touhou parody on the board.
Did you bring a light?
...No...

Smash the Fash; The far right belongs in the TRASH.

Your Everyday NEET

• Part time Researcher & Let's Player, full time NEET, also an eel
« Reply #472 on: April 23, 2016, 01:36:14 PM »
Holy shit! Vanquish is so freaking awesome! Except I don't have PS3 or XBox and it's not available on steam, so I instead play Binary Domain. Hey, both of them have awesome American as the protagonist and the enemies are robots, so, it's almost the same right? Never thought turning robots into scrap metal would be so much fun, especially if the robots are huge (though it has the side effect of reducing my fps to single digit). It's been almost 2 months since I played a game that is not Touhou Fangame. Since I need to continue my LP tomorrow, and I can't play 2 games at a time, I ended up rushing through the game. Yeah, 15$ game, finished in 2 days. Not the best way to play.

I also played an awesome iOS game called Implosion: Never Lose Hope from the creator of Cytus and Deemo. It's a Hack-and-Slash with a robot as your character. It is awesome, but due to my iPad being almost 4 years old, it always crashes constantly. So, I ended up being afraid more of the game crashes more so than the enemies. A huge-ass boss? Think about beating it later, please don't crash before I beat the boss.

Glaceon Mage

• Dragon Quest fangirl
  • Hahaha...
    • Glac's FFN profile
« Reply #473 on: April 24, 2016, 05:11:33 PM »
Right now I'm replaying Dragon Quest VIII, little over 60 hours into the run and am on the post Soulstone treasure hunt.

I'm trying to beat Numen/God in VII, but grinding for UltraHit... And I have no Oomph/TwinHits either.

Validon98

• Deathguard Night Sparrow
  • Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #474 on: April 25, 2016, 09:33:41 PM »
On one hand, I'm casually playing Puzzle and Dragons (having started it like about a month ago) ever so often and steamrolling things (except descended dungeons because ahahahaha no I can't do those) with a Verdandi team (and not mentioning it in the actual PaD thread because I don't feel like it).

On the other hand, I've been playing Final Fantasy XIV on an alt and slowly going through the 2.x content a second time on a mad dash to Heavensward stuff.

On the other other hand, I've gotten to Gate 4 in Distorted Travesty 3 and am slowly killing my soul through the insanity that is Mega Man-inspired hellish platforming. Though the bosses kinda go down really easily.

...God I wish I could play Dark Souls 3 though.
Derping at Touhou since June 2012, derping at RPing Touhou since Feburary 2013.

Devil of Decline Partial English Gameplay Patch!
Let's Play Nightmare of Rebellion!

Ionasal kkll Solciel

• Girl from beyond the 7th Dimension
« Reply #475 on: April 28, 2016, 09:24:53 AM »
It's kind of amazing how much salt Iffy's getting from Hyperdevotion and Action Unleashed. People who don't like the chibi style, people who hate the translations, people who hate pages of DLC, never mind that's what happened during the Vita release...

It's so silly.

Anyway, Gemcraft: Chasing Shadows and Omega Quintet. I feel underleveled for the former and overleveled for the latter....
Let's Play: BIT.TRIP FLUX | Let's Play: Malicious | Skyward Sword: Shieldless Final Boss | Skyward Sword: Boss Rush! | Ace Combat Infinity: Campaign in the X-02 Wyvern

Move eternally forward,
So that we may always be at your side.

Jq1790

« Reply #476 on: April 28, 2016, 06:15:44 PM »
Re: Action Unleashed
That's Neptunia U, right?
I really want to like the idea, but I see one of the mechanics(the whole clothing destruction thing) and it's like "Why did you have to ruin a perfectly good thiiiiing!?"

(I'm aware that for other people thaf is either not a negative or even a positive, but on my end it's like whyyyyy)

Reddyne

« Reply #477 on: April 29, 2016, 03:53:03 PM »
The real final boss of games like Dark Souls 3 doesn't come at the end of the game. It's you all along. There's so much freedom in creating a character with a specific kind of build that you wind up quitting your current run just so you can restart with something better or just plain different. In that sense, I've already had 4 permanent game overs. Hopefully a flat strength build will be enough to put the kibosh on my bad habits.

Also my girlfriend and I played through Undertale over the course of last weekend. I won't say it's perfect but we really enjoyed it.

« Reply #478 on: April 29, 2016, 09:17:39 PM »
Re: Action Unleashed
That's Neptunia U, right?
I really want to like the idea, but I see one of the mechanics(the whole clothing destruction thing) and it's like "Why did you have to ruin a perfectly good thiiiiing!?"

(I'm aware that for other people thaf is either not a negative or even a positive, but on my end it's like whyyyyy)
Well, it's a derivative of those Senran Kagura games, so I'm not sure why it's surprising.

Free weekend for the Ghost in the Shell PVP shooter. It feels kind of weird to play, but it could be fun.

Jq1790

« Reply #479 on: April 29, 2016, 09:39:40 PM »
I did not know it was based on Senran, having never looked into that series; hearing that and the bit I DO know makes it makes sense though.  I'm just not the target market which is fine.  Got my stockpile of Neps now anyway for a while, heh.