Author Topic: Super Smash Touhou - Who is Like Whom?  (Read 16900 times)

OkashiiKisei

• Still working on the Grimoire
  • It's all about devotion
Re: Super Smash Touhou - Who is Like Whom?
« Reply #30 on: April 05, 2013, 09:40:26 AM »
I actually think Suika fits more as Galleom. Galleom has a lot of *ahem* smashing attacks, and the size could just be Suika manipulating her density to be massive, since she can do that. It's a bit difficult, since all Galleom does is punch the ground, jump around, or do that spinning whirlwind, but most of those are present in Immaterial and Missing Power's Suika battle. They have more similarities than just both Galleom and Hisou-Tensoku being giant robots, which doesn't entirely cut it evidence-wise. Gotta put a bit more thought into it than that.
Getting a bit defensive, I did say that we can refute things. I just like seeing in-depth speculation, not "Kanako is Snake because snakes," for example. And although yes, Hisoutensoku is indeed a robot like Galleom...well, all we've seen the thing do is slash a pair of arm-swords. Closer to Duon's blue half, if you ask me. I'm simply refuting a claim and using speculation of my own, and providing at least a couple reasons why. If it gave the impression of "No, you're wrong, here's what I think, and obviously I am right," then I apologize. As for visuals...eh, very few actually fit. Tojiko, as stated to be like Pikachu, looks nothing like the electric mouse. Yet their movesets could be passable. I'm not saying it's a bad thing to look like the character they represent, it's just not necessary.

I'm pretty sure Suika can't malform her bones and body into a tank, fire missiles out of her shoulders and turn into a bomb.
We haven't even seen Hisou-Tensoku fight, and punching, kicking and spinning are things anyone could do. Every character in the fighter games punches, kicks and a lot of them spin. It doesn't take a lot of imagination to see Hisou-Tensoku use such attacks.
Also, 'slash a pair of arm swords'? I think you're confusing Hisou-Tensoku with Alice's Goliath Doll. Those are not the same thing. THIS thing is Hisou-Tensoku.
Another reason why I chose Hisou-Tensoku (and several other inhuman characters) for the bosses is because the humanoid character can then be used as the player characters. Suika would make a much better Bowser, for example.
So it wasn't just 'they're both robots', but because the potential moves, functions and role in the story actually match together and it saves up space for the Touhous to be used as Smashers.
Before the end of this argument, I want to clarify that some of my choices actually were thought through, not just haphazardly thrown together.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2013, 09:59:50 AM by OkashiiKisei »

an unmatched sock

• Um...what's this?
  • Should I be concerned? I think I should be concern
« Reply #31 on: April 05, 2013, 10:30:33 AM »
How embarrassing for me. I did confuse it with the Goliath Doll. Thanks for setting me straight. I'm just gonna...you know...hide over there in the corner...

Geh...first thing in the morning and I already feel like an idiot...I bet my reputation is probably a bit soured by now...

OkashiiKisei

• Still working on the Grimoire
  • It's all about devotion
« Reply #32 on: April 05, 2013, 01:31:56 PM »
How embarrassing for me. I did confuse it with the Goliath Doll. Thanks for setting me straight. I'm just gonna...you know...hide over there in the corner...

Geh...first thing in the morning and I already feel like an idiot...I bet my reputation is probably a bit soured by now...
Nah, nothing to worry about. It happens more often. :V My apologies for my stern tone. At least things are cleared up now.

game2011

• magneiptVE
    • Unsurpassed ??asual Dating - Real Women
« Reply #33 on: April 06, 2013, 04:40:37 AM »
Admittedly, I did think you have a bit of a "I'm right, you're wrong" attitude, but it's all right.  You confused Hisou Tensoku for the Goliath Doll after all, so it's understandable why you would think the latter wouldn't make a good replacement for Galleom.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2013, 04:49:24 AM by game2011 »