Author Topic: Gensokyo Everyday's story  (Read 68170 times)

Kinzo the Astro Curious

• One small step for Desu; One giant leap for touhou-kind!
Re: Gensokyo Everyday's story
« Reply #30 on: February 06, 2010, 09:23:51 PM »
Yeah i noticed that with sakuya too. I paniced when i did the picking up suika thing as I slowed then, but suika didnt move, so i thought i'd fucked up reimu too  :V went back to normal after getting to the house though.

Also when I played with sakuya, when you leave the SDM another sakuya comes out, and yet another meiling appears, so you end up with two of each character on screen. and if you talk to china, you can cover for her when ... what says is remila comes out but is infact sakuya again? lol

Sakuya's making paradoxes messing with time to clean lol

Loving the music in this btw, While browsing I'm leaving the game running to keep the music playing. Cirno's theme, Rin's stage and Flandres are great. I recognised the Underground village one, But i cant remember who made it, probably TAM? Everytime i hear that tune i think "I'm absolutely certain the veronica's heard this, and ripped it off. Scabs  :V"

« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2010, 11:16:54 PM »
i never got to the underground yet, or anywhere in the forest of magic.

Also as fourth... hm... maybe Youmu... afterall she is the human part of the last team in IN.

Kinzo the Astro Curious

« Reply #32 on: February 06, 2010, 11:48:38 PM »
i never got to the underground yet, or anywhere in the forest of magic.

Also as fourth... hm... maybe Youmu... afterall she is the human part of the last team in IN.

Whether this is done or not, Something involving the netherworld would be awesome. The shrine there definately needs some correction with the clipping, and the corner of it fixed, but Yeah ... its great to see it there, and I love the lead up to it. Just need some plot that makes use of it, unless there is one I havent come across lol.

Have all the characters spell strengths been set up yet? I beat patchy and flandre despite not being anywhere near strong enough, struggling to do 60 damage on offensive amulet lol. None of their spells where doing damage, but koakouma managed to take 100 off in one hit by comparison  :o  (she was simply being kind in ESoD it seems! xD)

Having some trouble with the Koudinrou shop, one is that the chest kept swallowing my amulets and not doing anything else, and he doesnt actually take the box from me. 2nd one can wait though, he still keeps paying for it each time I ask  :V

Shame not to see anything else to fight in the bamboo forest, can something be added, like some rabbits or something? lol

Also, maybe some new sounds in battle, or character/stage themes appropiate perhaps.

I know im flooding things in here, but I enjoy this game, its a great start and I'd love to see it worked on more, im all for it. No idea how far in I am though through the reimu stage but think I've done all their is in this one :S cant be sure without any record of whats done but then that'd give away whats coming, as well lol.

warpshadow

• I get it
    • anifanatikku
« Reply #33 on: February 07, 2010, 12:04:57 AM »
Don't worry about flooding, It just means that version0.07 will be even better. As for the battles I know they need a lot of rebalancing.
Gensokyo Everyday's story My Touhou fangame http://gensokyosnack.blogspot.com/

« Reply #34 on: February 07, 2010, 09:06:40 AM »
also... just using an bigger sized overworld sprites does not equal an battle sprite.

Kinzo the Astro Curious

« Reply #35 on: February 07, 2010, 12:35:30 PM »
Ah, Marisa's bed doesn't work. So cant really get far in her scenerio as it stands lol.

warpshadow

• I get it
    • anifanatikku
« Reply #36 on: February 08, 2010, 06:20:49 AM »
also... just using an bigger sized overworld sprites does not equal an battle sprite.
I don't really have that much skill in the way of spriting and with all the characters in the game creating a decent battle sprite for each of them would be more work than I want to do. I am even a bit tense about making sprites for the ufo cast and I want to include them in the game eventually.

Kinzo the Astro Curious

« Reply #37 on: February 16, 2010, 02:10:24 PM »
Any updates? Looking forward to more  :)

warpshadow

• I get it
    • anifanatikku
« Reply #38 on: February 16, 2010, 05:32:15 PM »
So far I have fixed the bugs that you guys mentioned plus a couple more that I found. I am also working on improvements to the battle system particularly a way to stop the player from  turtling in boss fights by going into evade and taking no damage.

Also after careful thought on the matter I chose Reisen as the 4th scenario. I did note what you guys wanted and plan to include more events with the netherworld, particularly in the Reimu and Reisen scenarios.

Kinzo the Astro Curious

« Reply #39 on: February 16, 2010, 06:13:56 PM »
Cool, glad to hear there is progress  :)

I'd say overall focus on more complete character scenario's than more characters, but then I guess if you've got time to keep going, then you could add as many as you like  :V

Reisen isnt a bad choice, its not too major a character, but it allows a way into eientei and a possible contact for goings on with mokou and kaguya, perhaps. Also potential to be tricked by tewi, lol.

ManBlob

« Reply #40 on: February 19, 2010, 07:20:34 PM »
Hey shadow, if you'd like I can help you with beta testing and maybe some of the spriting. Also I can throw some ideas your way if ya need any.

Also I agree with torpedo, it would probably be a good idea to finish up reimu and the rest before adding new characters

warpshadow

• I get it
    • anifanatikku
« Reply #41 on: February 20, 2010, 05:32:07 PM »
I could use some spriting help. I have been working on some more character sprites but that is coming slowly and good battle sprites are probably out of my skill range. As for the scenarios I am a bit troubled as I have to really think about what the character is supposed to accomplish in the game.

Kinzo the Astro Curious

« Reply #42 on: February 20, 2010, 08:53:04 PM »
Hmm thats a fair point, maybe just try making one for each character you can come across that may vary from character to character chosen. Or perhaps some the goal would simply be to defeat that character as they wouldnt otherwise converse. Or, trawl through PSL for ideas? (I'm stuck there lately, honestly I've spent the whole day reading fanfics)

I wouldn't mind helping with peoples projects at some point. But character sprites aren't really my area, especially larger ones like the battle sprites your after.

ManBlob

« Reply #43 on: February 21, 2010, 03:16:08 AM »
You could probably just steal the IaMP sprites right? I'm sure no one would mind
I think they even had a sprite rip on this site somewhere...

Hmmm... about what each character is supposed to accomplish...
Just live?
-Well you could have Reimu have to get enough cash to throw a party
-Marisa could have someone she wants to get better at fighting then or maybe want to be able to perfect Master Spark. (A high level achievement)
-Sakuya... thats a hard one. Be the perfect maid? I dunno. She sort of is a black and white char. She is also glitching up the other characters which is annoying >_> She could maybe have her story finish at becoming a perfect maid, getting special training from someone.

Anyway the game needs some serious polishing :P
I would love to do it but lack the tools and skills. I can report bugs like being able to walk on walls and things though.

It would probably be a good idea to have a main quest for each character and some generic standardized quests to lighten the load of work.

Ok here are a few ideas Im going to throw your way:
You can have sakuya and marisa start with some cash
- All of the different chars should have at least basic skills in their specialty. Reimu basic writing, Marisa having basic alchemy, Sakuya basic cleaning or something. After all that is what they do for a living...
- It might be a good idea to make the forest fairies easy to beat up. After all in all of the touhou games they are just cannon fodder. They actually can kill you early on... Leave the oni and the rest of the harder enemies to be hard to fight.
- A good battle system. The current one is ok but just meh. Just having the attack function would be nice along with having the special skills using up items. Marisa using mushrooms, reimu using charms (probably should be items though so the better the charm is the higher the chance it has to work), Sakuya is another trouble character. She can have some sort of an MP gauge? Work off her stamina? Who knows...
- Weapons to buy! Weaps and armor. Any rpg has weapons and armor to buy or even to craft. A crafting system would be great. I could make the icons for the stuff if you need me to. Also accessory shops selling character only accessories like a large red bow for reimu. It could prevent silence. And of course the generic ones like a jeweled ring which prevents poison.
- Gifts! You should be able to give gifts. The thing is the more that the character likes you, the less the gift helps. So that way you can't buy their friendship *insert evil laugh here*
Suika - booze (rare and reg sake)
Sakuya - Knives and books. Generic books like novels
Patchy - Rare books like tomes and ancient diaries
Remilia - Jewelery and curiosities (Hey, any better ideas?)
Flandre - Toys and such
Marisa - Spell tomes

- You could do alot with the friend system. Like you can persuade your friends to give you some cash if they like you enough but you would take a hit on their friendship scale.
- It would be nice to recruit friends to help fight, for instance if you need to go somewhere for a hard quest you could maybe bribe suika for her help. That way you would have two people fighting instead of one. (Probably would want a max of three friends tagging along)
- You can have materials for a crafting system be in some deep dark dungeon. Or slaying a monster for a quest. Having friends come along would help out a bit.
- Better responses from characters. Really Marisa only has to say (I am the great witch of Gensokyo.) You could have her say something and if you keep talking to her have her get made and say "Get out of my house! You're annoying!"

Just some quick ideas

warpshadow

• I get it
    • anifanatikku
« Reply #44 on: February 22, 2010, 06:18:09 AM »
I have read through your suggestions and have come up with some interesting ideas from them. Even though I don't know if 0.07 will have it implemented here is something that I have been working on for the game. A lot of the improvements in 0.07 will be combat related as I want to figure out how the combat system works before attaching that to a plot. Even though it's not all the way completed making a character sprite has taught me just about much work goes into them.

Kinzo the Astro Curious

« Reply #45 on: February 22, 2010, 11:07:30 AM »

- It might be a good idea to make the forest fairies easy to beat up. After all in all of the touhou games they are just cannon fodder. They actually can kill you early on... Leave the oni and the rest of the harder enemies to be hard to fight.

Have you been sure to equip weapons and armour, and have you tried setting your abilities in battle? use offensive or evasive, evasive fairies wont hit you, and offensive they wont be able to take more than one hit. I spent a short while getting anillated by fairies till i realised these options were availible, lol.

ManBlob

« Reply #46 on: February 22, 2010, 05:07:41 PM »
Ya TONS of work goes into making sprites... thats why I never make my own XD

Also yes, I did equip my weaps and armor, but when I was collecting mushrooms for marisa my character still got beat down after about 15 fights @_@

I just don't feel right using the special skills, it seems sort of cheap and completely erases the need to the attack function

warpshadow

• I get it
    • anifanatikku
« Reply #47 on: February 24, 2010, 07:03:55 AM »
The combat system I have for the game generally expects you to use skills just about all of the time. Shifting between stances is something that is an important part of spellcard duels. As for items that power combat that is what bombs are for.

Update: I am currently working on the combat system and working on weapons. The way I am doing things each weapon comes with it's own special skill attached when you equip the weapon. As for upgrading the weapons and armor you can do so in the human village. You just need enough red p items to upgrade and you get those by beating up fairies. That's part of the reason fairies don't give you money when you beat them up.

Mikirin

« Reply #48 on: March 01, 2010, 02:09:13 AM »
(Sorry if this was already mentioned, the download is taking a long time so I don;t know anything.)

Is Flandre in this game?

warpshadow

• I get it
    • anifanatikku
« Reply #49 on: March 01, 2010, 05:48:14 AM »
Flandre is in the basement of the scarlet devil mansion. There are events related to her if you play Sakuya. In the next version if you make friends with her she will give you a knock off version of Laevantein.

Mikirin

« Reply #50 on: March 01, 2010, 07:09:10 PM »
Oki, thank you =3

Hyouga Kazu

• Legend Seekers, 0th Division Leader
« Reply #51 on: March 03, 2010, 03:08:44 PM »
You could implement a tactical battle system if you can't find any battle sprites. It'll cost a lot of time to set up though but it also allows you to make the battle system more diverse.

« Reply #52 on: March 03, 2010, 06:33:13 PM »
I notcied something, I went over to patchouli and after that sakuya went very slow.
I didn?t notice it at first and then looked at the code (why did you send the project file?) and noticed that the speed of the player isn?t put back to the speed Sakuya used before.

warpshadow

• I get it
    • anifanatikku
« Reply #53 on: March 04, 2010, 06:27:22 PM »
I notcied something, I went over to patchouli and after that sakuya went very slow.
I didn?t notice it at first and then looked at the code (why did you send the project file?) and noticed that the speed of the player isn?t put back to the speed Sakuya used before.
That was a bug that I fixed and will be okay in the next update.

As for what is happening in 0.07 I have made the following improvements
Fixed all of the bugs mentioned on this thread
Added a skeletal reisen scenario (no events yet)
Updated weaponry and the combat system a bit giving players two skills based on their equipment
Added new bombs (Nitori and Yukari)
A system for Sakuya where she can ask Remilia to pay her for the maid work she has done as well as more maid work for Sakuya to do.
Implemented different battle tunes depending on your area.

Anything else I should work on?

ChaoStar

• Dark History Boy
« Reply #54 on: March 05, 2010, 03:06:32 PM »
As Reimu, entering Remilia's room will make Remilia think you're Sakuya, and she'll say the same things that she says to Sakuya in that scenario. :< siiiigh Capitalization... are you going to capitalize or not!? T__T

Also, in Yokai mountain, there's a wall that's noclipped, so you can walk up it.
Another thing, when I fight certain people (so far I've found Suika and Koishi to have this problem) that they can't damage me... and I can't damage them. CORRECTION: After changing the game so that the bosses would give appropriate XP (I had it give 1/10 of their hpin xp...) I found that they just couldn't damage me... and I could damage them. however, some of the lower level bosses, like the Bridge yokai and chen can damage you (although Reimu's homing amulet does damage...) ... a lot of bosses don't give you xp... or money...  or anything else...

EDIT: also, it would be really nice to have an HP bar that I can see, with numbers. I don't know if that's possible, though.

I don't know about other skills, but you can only learn one rank of stealth T__T
...and Reimu can't learn cleaning.

...are you supposed to only have to use one amulet to do everything...?

My bag seems to not be that big, and if I have too many items, stuff starts to disappear.

Also, a wild Marisa appeared and asked me for three red mushrooms, and told me to give them to her tomorrow... but she never came back...

Rinnosuke's quest doesn't work (the one where you need 3 amulets for the chest) I use the three amulets... and that's all. Also, I can't sell him my strange box(because it never leaves. I can make lots of money with it.).

--
Trying Marisa's Scenario... SHE CAN'T SLEEP. This is a BIT OF A PROBLEM.
--
Trying Sakuya's Scenario... Patchouli is a no-no. T__T good thing I saved. Um, she can sleep, but the diary doesn't work. (but I can use Reimu's... kehehehe)

OMG CLONES! The scenario with Meiling and Sakuya is terribly broken... T__T ...if you walk into the Hakuri shrine interior, Suika calls you Reimu and talks about parties...
--

Even better, it might be nicer to have triggerable "incidents", which are like massive quests, dungeons and all. Another idea would be the ability to recruit people... Also, is there only one person working on this? If you want, I'd like to help.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2010, 07:35:01 PM by Houraisan Kaguya »

warpshadow

• I get it
    • anifanatikku
« Reply #55 on: March 05, 2010, 07:00:30 PM »
Thanks for the input.
1.From your post I figured out the Remillia bug and the stealth bug and fixed it. Thanks to you and everyone that has reported a bug.

2.I have been working on the combat system and it should be better in 0.07

3.As for helping, what do you want to do and what are you able to do? I am willing to accept help on this to make it a great game.

ChaoStar

• Dark History Boy
« Reply #56 on: March 05, 2010, 07:41:11 PM »
Thanks for the input.
3.As for helping, what do you want to do and what are you able to do? I am willing to accept help on this to make it a great game.

No problem~

Hmm. Well, I'm actually just learning how to use this program, but I was already brainstorming ideas of items and where they would be. I'll have a more definite answer as I continue to learn. I'm also a pretty decent writer, according to some people, so I'll be happy to help with the monologue of the NPC's

"I found that they just couldn't damage me..." I found out why this is. At some peeking, I found that all the attack powers of the enemies ARE THE SAME. So once I'm immune to fairies... I'm immune to everything.

SKILLS NEED PP OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT.  All I can really say. Also, Marisa can use Reimu's evasive amulet? what?

EDIT: It would be really nice to have an equipment store... so you sell away your old equipment. Plus, have you ever thought about having different 'zones', where they're higher level in some places? that way, you don't have to worry about not being challenged.

EDIT: So I learned how to do events and stuff. I also have a nice concept of how things work and percentages and general stats and shit. Yay for me. Also, I have a level 87 Reimu. :V
« Last Edit: March 06, 2010, 07:24:54 PM by Houraisan Kaguya »

warpshadow

• I get it
    • anifanatikku
« Reply #57 on: March 07, 2010, 03:24:18 AM »
Actually the reason that most enemies do no damage is that they use spell cards that are tied to skills that didn't take attack power into consideration. I fixed that. I also added some dungeon like spots with slightly tougher monsters in them.

As for writing I think I would like that most. I am having a tough time thinking out a plot for the game.

ChaoStar

• Dark History Boy
« Reply #58 on: March 07, 2010, 03:28:04 AM »
Actually the reason that most enemies do no damage is that they use spell cards that are tied to skills that didn't take attack power into consideration. I fixed that. I also added some dungeon like spots with slightly tougher monsters in them.

As for writing I think I would like that most. I am having a tough time thinking out a plot for the game.

Alright, I actually didn't notice that. I just corrected all the stats. :<

Also, sure thing! I might be able to aid you better if I saw you on the IRC. I frequent #danmakufu and #shrinemaiden on the ppirc server (irc.ppirc.net) (as ChaoStar or WonderfulLife)
« Last Edit: March 09, 2010, 06:26:02 PM by Wonderful☆Life »

warpshadow

• I get it
    • anifanatikku
« Reply #59 on: March 08, 2010, 03:34:29 AM »
New version of the game is up. You can download it at http://www.megaupload.com/?d=NNS99U7I