Author Topic: Gensokyo Everyday's story  (Read 68741 times)

warpshadow

• I get it
    • anifanatikku
Re: Gensokyo Everyday's story
« Reply #180 on: August 27, 2010, 06:07:57 AM »
Just as an update I am currently working on implementing upgrades for weapon's that work for the Main character's party (that is that you will be able to upgrade the weapons of your character's friends) in the new update. Currently 4/22 done.
Gensokyo Everyday's story My Touhou fangame http://gensokyosnack.blogspot.com/

warpshadow

• I get it
    • anifanatikku
« Reply #181 on: September 09, 2010, 04:35:28 PM »
Hello everybody I have a new version of the game out and in honor of Cirno day It is the strongest update. What does that mean? The following improvements
-Improved spellcard stuff for more powerful enemies
-Added seven new characters
-added more characters that you can recruit for your party
-New scenario
-A bunch of bug fixes
You can download the new version here
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=CST212O3

Kyaksa

• Fred-Erika Bernkastel Mirrors Rika's True Nature: Spoiled child
  • When They Cry: You are probably dead now
« Reply #182 on: September 12, 2010, 02:01:09 PM »
D: I can't change the keypad correctly...

I want to make Z-enter and X-exit but to be honest I don't understand the Keypad config control

warpshadow

• I get it
    • anifanatikku
« Reply #183 on: September 12, 2010, 07:51:32 PM »
I just figured it out.
When playing the game push f1 then the keyboard tab. Then click on z and change the value from a to c. That's what worked for me.

warpshadow

• I get it
    • anifanatikku
« Reply #184 on: September 12, 2010, 07:53:25 PM »
Also I have been thoughtless and would like to that Sailor Wriggle and Pikbak for their help with version 0.09.

Doll.S CUBE

• I Have A New Obssession
  • ♥Puppy Love♥
« Reply #185 on: September 15, 2010, 07:08:42 AM »
Started playing (as Marisa) it and found 3 bugs already

- You can't return the doll to Alice

- You can walk through the desk near Marisa's bed

- I experienced a bug where I was stuck when I talked to Alice and had to wait for her to move so that I can.

Also, how do you get flight to Marisa's house as Marisa?

Edit: 2 more bugs

- You can't go through Alice's rug in Alice's bedroom

- There is a chopping board on the wall in Alice's bedroom 
« Last Edit: September 15, 2010, 07:18:50 AM by Doll Maiden.S »

warpshadow

• I get it
    • anifanatikku
« Reply #186 on: September 17, 2010, 04:52:30 PM »
Those bugs are now fixed, thank you for pointing them out to me.

warpshadow

• I get it
    • anifanatikku
« Reply #187 on: September 30, 2010, 12:05:37 AM »
Just as a note I am working on version 0.10 with various improvements. I was busy with some other things but I plan on working more on the game in the future. Today I finished work on three new character sprites.

warpshadow

• I get it
    • anifanatikku
« Reply #188 on: October 05, 2010, 11:36:40 PM »
Work continues on the game. So far I have the sprites for six news characters (I plan to add nine for version 0.10). I have also begun work on the new recruit-able characters (I am planning on adding eleven more for version 0.10)

Doll.S CUBE

• I Have A New Obssession
  • ♥Puppy Love♥
« Reply #189 on: October 07, 2010, 12:19:35 AM »
Keep up the good work.

warpshadow

• I get it
    • anifanatikku
« Reply #190 on: October 07, 2010, 11:27:28 PM »
Thank you very much for your encouragement.

ChaoStar

• Dark History Boy
« Reply #191 on: October 12, 2010, 11:33:04 AM »
Keep up the good work, says the dead man.

warpshadow

• I get it
    • anifanatikku
« Reply #192 on: October 12, 2010, 03:50:00 PM »
Thank you and happy birthday.

Work is coming along as I am working out spellcard duels for the seven characters added.

Version 0.10 Won't be out for a while. The main reason I that I finally realized that I haven't spent enough time fleshing out the world where as most of the game is an endless selection of characters that give one line phrases and can be fought. I will be working to add a lot more non combat events as well as adding stuff for the characters you can recruit.

Hero999

• Banzai!
  • Beep~
« Reply #193 on: October 14, 2010, 01:56:15 AM »
Well~ I've been trying out Cirno,
I dont know if its just me but Cirno cant sleep at her own bed,
and has Youmu's Flight...
Oh and Cirno has a duplicate when 1st timing visiting Scarlet Devil Mansion....

warpshadow

• I get it
    • anifanatikku
« Reply #194 on: October 14, 2010, 03:53:43 PM »
Yeah Cirno's scenario was a bit of a rushed job since I wanted the game out on a certain date. However in the next release it will be much better, as will the rest of the scenarios.

Thank you for pointing those bugs out.

warpshadow

• I get it
    • anifanatikku
« Reply #195 on: October 18, 2010, 05:55:38 AM »
Work continues on the game. Right now I am working on adding more skills so every character feels a bit different than the others. In version 0.10 all of the characters should have at least 2 special skills with more added if I can think of them.

warpshadow

• I get it
    • anifanatikku
« Reply #196 on: October 22, 2010, 03:10:29 AM »
Work continues on the game. I am almost done with a batch of recruitable characters and plan on adding various other things to the game. Beyond the improvements I have made I would like to make some more before version 0.10 comes out and would honestly like your suggestions on what I could do to make this a more interesting game for you, the player.

warpshadow

• I get it
    • anifanatikku
« Reply #197 on: October 27, 2010, 03:42:39 PM »
Work continues on the game. I have at least 2 skills and the weapon list for each of the playable characters in 0.10 (there will be 45 in total). Hope to start work on fully implementing them soon.

warpshadow

• I get it
    • anifanatikku
« Reply #198 on: November 05, 2010, 04:05:08 AM »
Work continues on the game. Finished a few events that make a couple of scenario's a bit more playable and started work on the weapon upgrades. Currently have three characters done.

« Reply #199 on: November 08, 2010, 05:57:04 PM »
Hello,

First of all, I would like to thank you for making this game, I am a big fan of freeform RPGs, and I was delighted to see a freeform Touhou RPG in making! Well, to be honest, this game isn?t all that perfect as it is now, but it is only in early development, after all.

Although I was a bit disappointed as well, as it turned out I couldn?t play with some characters I really wanted to role-play with (in particular, I was really looking forward to playing with Mystia and trying to play-out Night Sparrow Love), but I really hope that more playable characters will appear in later versions of this game (in hope that my opinion might be taken into consideration, I have provided a list of characters I would have particularly like to see playable near the end of my post).

Also, as I am only starting to play this game, there are a number of moments that aren?t clear to me, so I would like to ask a few questions if anyone would answer them:

1. I don?t quite understand how to acquire spellcards/learn new battle skills. I understood that I should somehow acquire spellcards/learn battle skills by battling lower-grade characters, but.. it doesn?t seem to work for me.
So far, I?ve fought Cirno, Wriggle (as part of Sakuya?s scenario), Letty and Chen, and haven?t got a single spellcard/new skill so far. Am I doing something wrong? Or is probability of earning a spellcard/skill from a battle really low?

1.5 On a side note, learning Cleaning skill from Keine doesn?t work either, but you are probably aware of it.

2. I understand that only Reimu, Sakuya, Reisen, Sanae, Marisa, Alice, Meiling and Suika are currently recruitable? May I ask, what other characters have any meaningful friendship(/romance?) plots? As Sanae, I was trying to give gifts to Nitori and Mystia, but they only give their standard ?thank you? and no mention of them appears in my dairy. (I?ve given them 5 gifts/each, maybe it was just not enough..?)

2.5 Oh, and what romance options are available at all in the current version (if there are any)?

3. Finally, I am experiencing an error when I attempt to enter the area beyond the village?s graveyard (Byakuren?s temple?), as depicted in the screenshot.

Error Screenshot

Not sure if it could be a problem with my RPG maker client (but I downloaded it from the official site, so..), but if you have an idea what may be causing this problem, your advice on how to fix it would be most welcome.

P.S.

In conclusion, I would like to mention the characters I would like to see playable the most (in order of preference):

1) Mystia (preferably with possibility of having romance with Mokou, maybe ?hard-to-get? romance)

2) Meiling (I think she could have a great plot, especially for this kind of game, where she would be fired from her job in SDM and would be forced to look for a new place to live; perhaps being allowed to settle in human village in exchange for her services)

3) Nitori (she won?t likely set foot in human village, given her shyness towards humans, but you can give her an option to purchase village supplies from Momiji ~ at increased prices depending on their friendship ~ as if Momiji goes to the village to buy supplies for Nitori. Overall, I?d personally find role-playing a reclusive Kappa inventor very interesting, but plot may not be easy to implement, I guess.)

4) Wriggle

5) Alice

6) Momiji

I would also like to see following locations/characters implemented in the game (sorry if they already are and I just haven?t discovered them yet):

1) Garden of the Sun and Yuka Kazami (maybe a potential ?extra-hard-to-get? romance for Wriggle?)

2) The Nameless Hill and Medicine Melancholy (she can logically play a part in one/some of Reisen?s plots, maybe eventually even with friendship/romance possibility. And of course, being an autonomous doll, she can play important part in Alice?s scenario - although her initial reaction to Alice is likely to be hostile ? perhaps in time with ?hard-to-get? friendship or even romance.)

warpshadow

• I get it
    • anifanatikku
« Reply #200 on: November 09, 2010, 05:15:51 AM »
First of all I would thank you for your post. Input like this makes me want to work harder at the game.
Let me answer your points.
1.Getting spell cards from enemies won't let you learn new skills. If you get them you will find them in your item space and you can trade them in for prizes at the human village. You did give me an idea though.
1.5. I haven't implemented cleaning skill yet. I am still thinking of what to do with it or even to replace it with something else.
2.If you don't have any special events with a given character you need 9 gifts to recruit them.
2.5.There are currently no real romance options beyond a couple events which boost friendship for a certain character. I will see what I can do to change that in the future. Non combat events are a bit of a problem for me since I sometimes have trouble of thinking of interesting events that work for every character.
3. I don't know if I fixed that already but when I tried it the game didn't freeze.  If you want you might want to try downloading the following file to your audio/bgm folder http://www.megaupload.com/?d=JCWX7MQC

As for your requests I will the first five characters you requested are recruitable in version 0.09 and the sixth is already ready for when 0,10 comes out.
Some helpful hints
Mystia likes her lamprey so get a fishing pole.
Meling is easier to get when you are Sakuya
Nitori and Alice are the same for when your play Marisa

As for the places you asked about if you follow the road on the upper left corner of the  hot springs / underground enterance map you will find it. To find that leave the Hakurei shrine and go to the northwest path.

As for new scenarios I probably won't have a new one for 0.10 but three ideas are running through my head. They are an Aya scenario, a SA and an UFO scenario (I am not sure on what characters to pick for them). I normally pick scenarios that include about at least four plausible character relationships (The only exception is Youmu and that was only because people were requesting it).

« Reply #201 on: November 09, 2010, 11:58:53 AM »
Thank you for your reply, especially, for suggestion about how to deal with BGM bug.

Unfortunately, it still doesn?t work (I also discovered that I already have the same track in my folder, but with different untranslated symbols in its name), even though I now have correctly-named file in the correct folder. I wonder, could it be the case of my PC refusing to recognize this file because its name is written in non-English? Can something be done if that?s the case?

1.Getting spell cards from enemies won't let you learn new skills. If you get them you will find them in your item space and you can trade them in for prizes at the human village. You did give me an idea though.

That?s good to know ^_^

But.. how does one learn new combat skills, then? By purchasing/upgrading weapons? In Sakuya?s scenario I am currently using Razor Knife and in Sanae?s ? Python Gohei (both upgraded from starting weapons via powerups), and Sakuya still only has a single combat skill she had in the beginning. Sanae has, well, no combat skills whatsoever.

1.5. I haven't implemented cleaning skill yet. I am still thinking of what to do with it or even to replace it with something else.

I have a good idea of how Cleaning might work, if you are interested in my suggestion.

It can be implemented somewhat like farming each ?dirty? spot (that would randomly appear in appropriate location in accordance to what character?s scenario you are playing) would have a number of ?points?, I think around 1 ~ 5 depending on perceived ?difficulty? (cleaning footprints may be 1 ~ 2 point work, while cleaning up a broken teacup and spilled tea 5+ ). Just like farming, each cleaning attempt would result in 0 or a few points (depending on your cleaning skill), only instead of getting items you will be subtracting points from the dirty spot, when the ?dirt? points reach 0 the dirty spot is cleaned. And also like farming, I think cleaning should consume stamina, perhaps 2 points per cleaning attempt like farming.

The significance of this skill for Sakuya is obvious, since keeping SDM clean seems to be her primary duty.

Reimu and Sanae are both expected to clean their shrines? yard on daily basis.
(Many anime and anime-related works also imply that this is an important part of Shinto priest or priestess? work, although I don?t know enough about Shinto myself to warrant if that?s so. But either way, shine?s yard won?t clean itself ^_^; )

Nitori (if you will eventually decide to make her scenario) might need to clean the machines she has in her house to keep them in working order.

On a side note, speaking of various characters? duties, I would personally like to see Youmu having to tend to Hakugyokurou?s gardens as her main duty (after all, she is first and foremost a gardener). This can be done through somewhat related farming skill, or maybe through new Gardening skill (preferably the later, I personally like having various skills for various activities).
Of other possible uses of Gardening skill, I can also see Yuka setting Wriggle to tend to Garden of the Sun as a part of their friendship/romance plot (if you ever decide to make Wriggle?s scenario, that is).
Also, other dealings with flowers (such as perhaps Reisen?s coming to the Nameless Hill to gather Suzuran for Eirin) may also require Gardening skill.

As for your requests I will the first five characters you requested are recruitable in version 0.09 and the sixth is already ready for when 0,10 comes out.

Um, I guess I wasn?t very clear there; by ?playable? I didn?t mean them being merely recruitable but actually having scenarios of their own.

I understand that you have your hands full at the moment, so it is unlikely that I will see these scenarios anytime soon, but perhaps after you?ve done with three scenarios you?ve planned to do next, you might consider making Mystia, Meiling, Nitori and/or Wriggle?s scenarios?

By the way, if you are looking for advices with characters for SA and UFO scenarios you?ve planned, I can offer them, if you don?t mind..

For SA, Rin and/or Utsuho seem like best choices to me. They strike me as more active members of Subterranean community, and while they both have regular jobs to do, their jobs strike me as somewhat light and not taking anywhere near all their time. Plus, their job to maintain Hell of Blazing Fires can be made part of their scenario; which may do great job of making a player feel like they are really playing as an SA character.
Koishi also strikes me as having great potential as a freeform character, as she literally has nothing to do, and she may have an interesting plot of trying to learn more about surface world and making friends there.
Personally, as much as I like Koishi, I think that Rin or Utsuho?s scenario would work better for conveying ?SA atmosphere? so one of them should probably be done first. (Maybe with Koishi?s scenario added sometime later when you have time for that ^_^; )

As for an UFO scenario, I actually haven?t played UFO yet, so I don?t know characters from there very well. But looking through characters? descriptions in Touhou Wiki makes me think that Nazrin and/or (especially) Shou would be best choice of a character for UFO scenario.

P.S.

If you decide to go with Rin or Utsuho?s scenario for SA, I can suggest following friendship/romance plots for them:

Rin:
1. Utsuho
2. Satori
3. Koishi
4. Chen (both are kind of cats, and both have fire references; Chen has fire-based powers and Rin?s surname literally means "blazing cat")
(Yes, that?s pretty much all major connections I can see without really stretching it. So maybe Utsuho would make a better playing-controlled character after all..?)

Utsuho:
1. Rin
2. Satori
3. Koishi
4. Marisa (both strike me as kind of firepower-obsessed)
5. Nitori (the kappa are interested in nuclear power)
6. Aya Hatate (actually, strike out Aya, I don't think relathionship between her and Utsuho would really work out; they strike me as too different, and not "opposites attract" kind of different. But Utsuho/Hatate friendship or romance is a possibility, I think, as they both have certain naivity about them, at least the way I perceive Hatate's character: kind of book-smart, but inexperienced.)
7. Mystia (same as above, plus powerful Utsuho and relatively weak Mystia could make for a potential sweet situation where Utsuho stands up for Mystia)
8. Cirno (fire and ice, plus they are both viewed as not too bright)

P.P.S.

For Aya?s scenario, I would really like to see Aya/Nitori friendship/romance, as they are both kind of loners: Nitori is a shy and reclusive Kappa inventor, and while Aya is anything but shy, she strikes me as someone who has few to none attachments to other people and just like Nitori a kind of loner in the end (a feeling especially reinforced by a certain scene in her The Fastest, Highest Shutter Girl video).

Oh, and among other potential friendship/romance plots for Aya, I am wondering if you may include a friendship/romance plot between Aya and Remilia? Granted, they don?t seem to have much in common.. until Aya?s scenario in SWR, where they both show surprising (especially for Remilia) familiarity towards each-other, and interact in a manner that can only be described as ?playful? *^_^* (and that after Aya beats Sakuya and sneaks into SDM) That scene left me feeling that they are in fact close friends, if not more *^_^*

P.P.P.S.

Also a little bug, on Sanae's 3rd day, Suwako seems to have disappeared from the shrine...

Suwako-sama is not here?

Oh, wait, she's still here, only turned herself invisible (and I can walk through the spot where she usually stood too), but she still responds when I talk to her.

Oh, and also...

Screenshot #3

Cirno's true identity has been revealed!

And finally...

I never knew I could make clones of myself!

But though it's certainly an amazing skill...

...Now I can't help feeling that I am starting to develop split personality
« Last Edit: November 09, 2010, 06:16:44 PM by KasumiTani »

warpshadow

• I get it
    • anifanatikku
« Reply #202 on: November 10, 2010, 04:26:16 AM »
Okay let me answer your points again.
1. I have already fixed the bugs you brought up.
2. About combat skills, in version 0.09 everyone only has one but in version 0.10 everyone will have at least 2 and just over a third have 3 or more (This is for right now, I plan on increasing that number before the release) The extra skills will come when you level up. As for Sanae I will see if I can fix that problem. I will see what I can do to get other skills as well.
3.Your scenario advice is noted and I won't be doing any new scenarios for 0.10 I will be thinking about it for 0.11. Trust me I will think about it and will probably implement at least some of your ideas, especially the Aya/Remillia one.

Note I have just about everything I really wanted for 0.10 is done except for events and more character skills. Depending on what creativity I have in those departments the new version should be out in the next few days to a few weeks at most.

« Reply #203 on: November 10, 2010, 06:19:50 AM »
Thank you again for your work, and for considering my suggestions!

I am looking forward to the version 0.10 (hopefully I won't experience Byakuren's temple bug there too).

P.S.

Oh, and just in case if it escaped your attention, I have noticed that a number of skills, namely Mystia?s Blinding Song, Daiyousei?s Flower Breeze, Wriggle?s Shining Bug and Yukari?s Teleport Attack actually do less damage then their normal attacks, making these skills kind of useless since I didn?t notice these skills having any secondary effects either. (Also, I must confess that I didn?t quite understand what Cirno?s skill does ? some kind of defensive buff?)
« Last Edit: November 10, 2010, 07:41:06 AM by KasumiTani »

warpshadow

• I get it
    • anifanatikku
« Reply #204 on: November 11, 2010, 07:44:19 AM »
I fixed those skills that you speaked of as well as fixing Sanae's skills.

You are very welcome for the advice you gave me.

« Reply #205 on: November 15, 2010, 10:50:12 AM »
Every time I try to run the game, I get the black screen, an error sound, and the black screen vanishes. No error message.

When I tried double clicking the other file, the RPGXP Project file, it says that "This project is from an old version of RPG Maker and cannot be loaded".

Hyouga Kazu

• Legend Seekers, 0th Division Leader
« Reply #206 on: November 15, 2010, 04:01:09 PM »
Sect, do you have the original version of RPG Maker?   :3
There's a hacked version (RMXP:PK) that won't load some things correctly. (mainly projects made with the official version)
I'm not sure though, if you do have the original, I don't know.

Anyway, I wanted to help out one way or another.
I've been way too busy over the past months and your entire database was pretty messy back then...  :ohdear:
If you really really really need help with anything other than composing/spriting don't hesitate to ask.   :V

Also, maybe you should export your game in a way that it doesn't rely on RPG Maker XP anymore.
That makes it a lot easier for people who want to play it but don't have the program.

warpshadow

• I get it
    • anifanatikku
« Reply #207 on: November 15, 2010, 04:10:17 PM »
I have the official version of rpg maker.
I will see what I can do to make the game rpss independent. It wasn't my highest priority but I will see what I can do.

Hyouga Kazu

• Legend Seekers, 0th Division Leader
« Reply #208 on: November 15, 2010, 04:19:47 PM »
I have the official version of rpg maker.
I will see what I can do to make the game rpss independent. It wasn't my highest priority but I will see what I can do.

The official version part was addressed to Sect actually, because he couldn't get it to run.  :D

Anyway, making it RGSS-independent takes less than 5 minutes.
I'm not trying to force you into doing it, even though I might sound like that sometimes.  :X

warpshadow

• I get it
    • anifanatikku
« Reply #209 on: November 15, 2010, 04:50:42 PM »
How does it take less than 5 minutes? I could just remove the rgss but then most of the screen would go blank.