Author Topic: Touhou 13.5 東方心綺楼 Hopeless Masquerade - I'm hopelessly in love  (Read 470975 times)

Darth_Sirov

• Gensou Rounin
  • Profile Loading... Please Wait Warmly.
Death by sneezing!  :matsurismirk:

I much prefer her Lightbulb attack though, that "ding" sound adds to my amusement.

ElGreko

• 私だ。エルグレコ。
  • 南無三
Their latest blog post talks about making "a certain character" playable.

They don't really say interesting things, actually.
I didn't learn anything valuable except that they'll make later patches to correct HP distribution and some character bugs. They don't even say when they'll do it or talk about Kokoro ╥︵╥.
The only time they talk about her is when they talked about a "certain playable character" that has become a hot topic at many places, but without giving any precisions ( ?︿? ).

I don't know if they released something new meanwhile, since the last time.

I don't know if they released something new meanwhile, since the last time.
They talk about making her playable in the same sentence as talking about the HP patch. That person seems to have read it as "a certain playable character", but it says "making a certain character playable". The only context they mention her in is making her playable. プレイアブル化. Becoming playable. Playable-fication.

It's still pretty vague though, with no timeline or anything.

Ikari

• I'm just so charismatic
  • It's turning into derp
Koishi is so adorable in this game. She reminds me of Kirby, with the little wiggle-waggles, happy hoping and cute sound effects.

Which is why I can't wait to play HM with a friend who has never heard of it. I can just see him look in pure confusion as I smash his face with a lightbulb... And not even touching anything.

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
  • Just chilling like a hermit.
I much prefer her Lightbulb attack though, that "ding" sound adds to my amusement.
I actually Ko'd story mode Futo with that attack and went "Ding knockout!"
My danmakucopter goes pew pew pew!

Check out my newb PAD box it's a thing right?

Sage Ω (Ultima)

• CEO at Team Eternal Desire
  • ??? X
This new patch should give better AI, or atleast let it use skills and spell cards. But yeah none that other stuff I care about except Kokoro being playable.

commandercool

• alter cool
Finally got around to trying netplay. Just had times to get two games in, but my game crashed at the end of the second round of the first game and half way through the first round of the second game. One of them was via Hamachi and the other was over the game's network. Anybody got any insight on this?
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
Finally got around to trying netplay. Just had times to get two games in, but my game crashed at the end of the second round of the first game and half way through the first round of the second game. One of them was via Hamachi and the other was over the game's network. Anybody got any insight on this?
My friend and me have this same problem too with netplay, except for we use Hamachi. However, I get a black screen after I win or lose a match but, the HM theme is still playing.

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
This new patch should give better AI, or atleast let it use skills and spell cards. But yeah none that other stuff I care about except Kokoro being playable.
Did they ever fix the AI being to us spell cards in soku?

Ikari

• It's turning into derp
Is there a way to have more than 2 rounds in VS mode...? Because if not, it really sucks :I It prevents Last Words use almost completely.

Sage Ω (Ultima)

• ??? X
Did they ever fix the AI being to us spell cards in soku?

No, but I think they used certain attacks like Sanae can call bubble Suwako which I don't think is apart of the basic attack set. But still smarter than HM's soku atleast switched it up rather than being predictable. Still neither game stand to IaMP's which uses spell cards and everything.

But I guess it is out of Tasfro's priority to fix the AI since they didn't even fix Remilia and a bug where she randomizes the stage if you select her. Didn't fix it in SWR or UNL.

But atleast we can get a fully playable Kokoro and maybe an Arcade Mode.

But I guess it is out of Tasfro's priority to fix the AI since they didn't even fix Remilia and a bug where she randomizes the stage if you select her. Didn't fix it in SWR or UNL.
you know that remi cant go to outdoor stages without a parasol card right? :derp:

Sage Ω (Ultima)

• ??? X
you know that remi cant go to outdoor stages without a parasol card right? :derp:

Wait what? I never knew that since I removed all item cards.

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
Wait a minute you didn't?!  :wat:

Ikari

• It's turning into derp

Sad.

But yes, Remilia needs a parasol to go in outside stages, and since 3/5 of the stages are outside...

it's not a bug, it's a feature :V

Sage Ω (Ultima)

• ??? X
Why doesn't it say that in the description rather than make it a semi secret?

Ikari

• It's turning into derp
Why doesn't it say that in the description rather than make it a semi secret?

Shutting out the light, a white custom parasol whose wielder, upon use, will block out the sun. It also acts as a danmaku repelling shield. When used, a defensive barrier will form to protect against projectile attacks. Actually there is an additional effect but...?

And it's Remilia's item. It's... Pretty implied. It's meant as a fridge logic moment to the player.

Sage Ω (Ultima)

• ??? X
I guess I just never payed attention to it. I figured most if not all item cards were useless to me so I picked them off without even looking at what they all do.

I feel stupid now.

Ikari

• It's turning into derp
I feel stupid now.

Don't, a lot of people probably didn't know back then either. It's something you just kinda learn randomly. For example, I learned last week that doing Sakuya's time stop spellcards the other way in IaMP made a time slow instead.

Sage Ω (Ultima)

• ??? X
Yeah I noticed that too while playing IaMP a while back.

But anyway I wish Alice was in this game, only because I would be even more tempted to learn how to play as her than I did in the past. She is really good if you learn how to use the dolls correctly.

Ikari

• It's turning into derp
But anyway I wish Alice was in this game, only because I would be even more tempted to learn how to play as her than I did in the past. She is really good if you learn how to use the dolls correctly.

I wish so too since she's one of my favorites, but her playstyle would be quite similar with Futo; The whole breaking plates to activate plate specials remind me of the doll placing, followed by a doll-breaking attack.

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
No, but I think they used certain attacks like Sanae can call bubble Suwako which I don't think is apart of the basic attack set. But still smarter than HM's soku atleast switched it up rather than being predictable. Still neither game stand to IaMP's which uses spell cards and everything.
that's moreso because Suwako Bubble is part of the default movelist anyways. AI never had a problem with the default movelist but when it comes to upgradable or card moves the AI never uses them since the deck can always change. That's why it's even more apparent in HM since every special is in a customizable deck

So the biggest problem is Tasofro not coding AI to adapt to given decks.

ElGreko

• 私だ。エルグレコ。
  • 南無三
Is there a way to have more than 2 rounds in VS mode...? Because if not, it really sucks :I It prevents Last Words use almost completely.

Nope, sadly, but I agree with what you said, if you play with the birdbrained bots, you can manage to get some Last Words quite easily, but against human players, it's almost impossible if they know how to play.

And I already said it several times: I really wished them to add an option to add more rounds (or even configure the timer) like in every fighting games, so people could play the way they wish.

But I don't think they'll fix that in the next updates...

Let's try again tomorrow, maybe it was just some random crashes, I personally never experienced this with anyone.
(I'm just thinking about it but... could it be possible that your problem comes from the game's screen resolution?)

Miko is the next Iori when it comes to using gifs of her laughing win pose on forums.

Totally agreed.

« Last Edit: June 08, 2013, 02:56:46 AM by ElGreko »

Ikari

• It's turning into derp

I am in love with this gif.

But really, I love every winning poses. Koishi's is particularly adorable <3

kokoro's winpose hurts my kokoro

Sage Ω (Ultima)

• ??? X

Totally agreed.

What did you use to make that? I tried Gimp not only does it look weird but the frames overlap.

that's moreso because Suwako Bubble is part of the default movelist anyways. AI never had a problem with the default movelist but when it comes to upgradable or card moves the AI never uses them since the deck can always change. That's why it's even more apparent in HM since every special is in a customizable deck

So the biggest problem is Tasofro not coding AI to adapt to given decks.

I see, but still entertaining enough for me, the AI atleast tries to be smart.

I wish so too since she's one of my favorites, but her playstyle would be quite similar with Futo; The whole breaking plates to activate plate specials remind me of the doll placing, followed by a doll-breaking attack.

HM was made for Alice. Dolls, dolls everywhere. *insert Toy Story meme here*

ElGreko

• 私だ。エルグレコ。
  • 南無三
What did you use to make that? I tried Gimp not only does it look weird but the frames overlap.

'tosh๏p ( ̄ー ̄) I don't use Gimp, but I suppose it's just a matter of experience and practice.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2013, 03:25:12 AM by ElGreko »

commandercool

• alter cool
My friend and me have this same problem too with netplay, except for we use Hamachi. However, I get a black screen after I win or lose a match but, the HM theme is still playing.

We did use Hamachi for the second match. I don't believe the theme was playing, but I'm not positive. Have to watch out next time. Does that happen to you with everyone, or just that one friend?

Let's try again tomorrow, maybe it was just some random crashes, I personally never experienced this with anyone.
(I'm just thinking about it but... could it be possible that your problem comes from the game's screen resolution?)

Tomorrow is probably not good for me. Sunday is open, but I think I'm booked all day tomorrow.

And it's completely possible it was resolution-based. I didn't have time to tinker with any settings. But since I've never had crashing like this in single player that wouldn't be my first guess. Figure it out eventually I guess. I can try installing it on my backup computer too and see if it happens with that, and at some point I can try different wireless connections. Lots of things to try out.
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

LadyScarlet

• Too lazy to make this a gif right now
  • Still scumming for a good pull
Aaaand slight GIF spam time!

My Youtube Channel. I mostly upload Hisoutensoku videos.