Author Topic: Touhou 13.5 東方心綺楼 Hopeless Masquerade - I'm hopelessly in love  (Read 471250 times)

ElGreko

• 私だ。エルグレコ。
  • 南無三
Talking about Futo, she also has some interesting close-ranged techniques  :]

Just because Futo gets stronger with plates that doesn't mean you must always focus on just breaking them during matches.  There is a myriad of combos which don't required any plate broken at all.  From my own personal experience just the 20 plate count is more than enough to unlock most of the necessary combos for me to do the job (especially since 20 plates unlocks a Wallslam on her combo). 

By the way, since there won't be a translation patch for this game, are there any translations for the endings?  I know they can't be published on the wiki, but I have nowhere to resort in order to understand them, for I don't speak Japanese. 

Darth_Sirov

• Gensou Rounin
  • Profile Loading... Please Wait Warmly.
Just because Futo gets stronger with plates that doesn't mean you must always focus on just breaking them during matches.  There is a myriad of combos which don't required any plate broken at all.  From my own personal experience just the 20 plate count is more than enough to unlock most of the necessary combos for me to do the job (especially since 20 plates unlocks a Wallslam on her combo). 

I don't even do a lot of platebreaking. Focused on spamming attacks and being mildly aggressive are my usual style. Against players, they might try to be too aggressive to prevent you from powering up. You can just leave a few plates around to scare them off a bit and make them cautious with their attacks.

Darkness1

• Nothing to see here.
  • Enigmatic, isn't it?
*Sees Yuuka in a stage background*
Just this made the game better for me :V

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
  • Just chilling like a hermit.
I don't even do a lot of platebreaking. Focused on spamming attacks and being mildly aggressive are my usual style. Against players, they might try to be too aggressive to prevent you from powering up. You can just leave a few plates around to scare them off a bit and make them cautious with their attacks.

Usually Futo's tornado and arm flailing combo does enough damage for me already even without breaking plates.  Although, I do tend to go plate spamming happy which gives me a bit of a breather away from opponents. But, I prefer to "accidentally" be a pyromaniac with her fire spell card.  :V
My danmakucopter goes pew pew pew!

Check out my newb PAD box it's a thing right?

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
I don't break plates to power up, I break plate because fire pinball is the best thing ever

Also I think I have a decent grasp on Futo now! I'm also actually LANDING my Koishi combos better.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

AnonymousPondScum

Talking about Futo, she also has some interesting close-ranged techniques  :]

2LEWD

TheTeff007

• Best Touhou 2015!
  • So much cuteness...!
    • Youtube Channel
All the girls in this game are pixels away from a pantyshot, but that's not what this thread is about.

Now, no news of Playable Kokoro?
Small Teaser of my upcoming project~

No need to call me Teff007. Teff will do just as well~

Sage Ω (Ultima)

• CEO at Team Eternal Desire
  • ??? X
All the girls in this game are pixels away from a pantyshot, but that's not what this thread is about.

Mamizou's already there.

Genso

• Worldly Illusion
  • まかせろぜ。
Now, no news of Playable Kokoro?

Haven't seen or heard anything on the tasofro site. So for now we only have her in story mode unless you have her in versus.

Also, I noticed this while playing with someone else online, but if both players have Kokoro in versus mode, then she's playable on network. Though with no skills or spellcards, there's not much point unless you want a nearly impossible challenge.

ElGreko

• 私だ。エルグレコ。
  • 南無三
Also, I noticed this while playing with someone else online, but if both players have Kokoro in versus mode, then she's playable on network. Though with no skills or spellcards, there's not much point unless you want a nearly impossible challenge.

I already won with her a lot of times against some friends, it's indeed very hard to win by popularity since she doesn't have any spellcards (but she can farm a lot of popularity with melee counters), but she has an enormous potential of chaining attacks and you can easily kill the opponent if he doesn't care enough.

And obviously, if both players take her, it totally balances the game.

I find very fun to play her in VS modes anyway.

By the way, some people seem unable to unlock her in VS mode, I wonder why...

By the way, tasofro takes too much time to finish their game, it's frustrating, they released their corrective patch less than 48 after the release of the game, and now they don't release anything else...
« Last Edit: June 05, 2013, 09:25:42 AM by ElGreko »

Darth_Sirov

• Gensou Rounin
They probably don't have a proper idea on how to work on Kokoro's gimmick, though it does appear that it might be about stances depending on the mask selected.

I finished her story, but not available on VS either.

Validon98

• Deathguard Night Sparrow
  • Harbingers, yo.
By the way, some people seem unable to unlock her in VS mode, I wonder why...

It's because you can't unless you use a modified score.dat that's floating around on the internet somewhere. You can only use Kokoro in Story Mode otherwise.
Derping at Touhou since June 2012, derping at RPing Touhou since Feburary 2013.

Devil of Decline Partial English Gameplay Patch!
Let's Play Nightmare of Rebellion!

ElGreko

• 私だ。エルグレコ。
  • 南無三
A friend of mine sent me his in order to play with me with her, but he told me he simply unlocked her without doing anything particular, probably due to some bug.

I don't know what is true, I was thinking like you first, since she's not been totally implemented in the game.

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
By the way, tasofro takes too much time to finish their game, it's frustrating, they released their corrective patch less than 48 after the release of the game, and now they don't release anything else...

Yeah, I can understand why someone that bought this game would start to get a little impatient.

You did buy the game, right?
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Savory

• I am a save frog
  • *wink*
Speaking of Futo, trying to make her one of my mains. I always make it a point to throw out plates and match them up with the fireball attack, which sometimes catches my opponents off guard.

I love it!  :]

Though during a match with a friend some time back, we noticed a "cha-ching" noise every time I used Futo.  Then I noticed that the sound changes the look of my plates. After that sound, my plates became black. Then again, they became red. Not exactly sure what this means to be honest. ^^;

Darth_Sirov

• Gensou Rounin
Speaking of Futo, trying to make her one of my mains. I always make it a point to throw out plates and match them up with the fireball attack, which sometimes catches my opponents off guard.

I love it!  :]

Though during a match with a friend some time back, we noticed a "cha-ching" noise every time I used Futo.  Then I noticed that the sound changes the look of my plates. After that sound, my plates became black. Then again, they became red. Not exactly sure what this means to be honest. ^^;

Every 20 broken plates makes your attacks stronger. So, that makes 20/40/60/80 as the tiers.

PhantomSong

• The Ghost Living through Everyday Life.
  • Eh, it doesn't matter.

OHGOD This reminds me of a gif someone sent me e.e

Genso

• Worldly Illusion
  • まかせろぜ。
I already won with her a lot of times against some friends, it's indeed very hard to win by popularity since she doesn't have any spellcards (but she can farm a lot of popularity with melee counters), but she has an enormous potential of chaining attacks and you can easily kill the opponent if he doesn't care enough.

And obviously, if both players take her, it totally balances the game.

I find very fun to play her in VS modes anyway.

Indeed she's fun to play as and her corner pressure and chaining is amazing, but her midscreen is a little hard to do anything about without relying a bit more on her X and Y shots. Though after a while of playing, she becomes easy to predict without anything to mix up her attacks too much.

A friend of mine sent me his in order to play with me with her, but he told me he simply unlocked her without doing anything particular, probably due to some bug.

I don't know what is true, I was thinking like you first, since she's not been totally implemented in the game.

Same here, got it from a friend who unlocked her normally. Most likely a bug like you said.

iK

• Triple Teasing Charicature
Really excited to get this coming in,

Soon?

The roster is bigger than I was expecting, and the spacing-based gameplay looks fantastic. I can't say for sure yet, but it certainly looks like a keeper. I'm really liking the trend for these games to go less about ground combat with each installment. IaMP had heavy Air-to-air combos and ground spacing, while SWR(H) had a lot softer combos with a higher need to keep a strong pressure of bullets/make more reads into hits. Having played the demo of this newest one, I can only hope the gameplay of the final game makes as much use of positioning and orientation as the trial. Futo looks especially fun setting plate traps everywhere, but I'll have to see who's positioning game suits me best when my copy arrives.

Plus I'll be able to rock out to Shibayan's Magico Catastrofe in the same package! Definitely feeling good about this.
[☰] [☴] [☵] [☶] [☷] [☳] [☲] [☱]

The Kokoro unlock score.dat that's circulating on the internet was actually the result of me randomly experimenting with the file in a hex editor, and it somehow magically ended up working.  :V
Here is the file for anyone who wants it, it unlocks all characters (for versus) and all stages/music. (So, obviously, SPOILERS!)

Anyway, since the TH13.5 English patch thread on the "Touhou Projects" subforum isn't really getting any attention at the moment and it also wasn't exactly the most appropriate place to ask...
Does anyone here know anything about the th135.pak/TFPK file format or have an extractor for those files? I know that some people of a Chinese Touhou/coding community do, but they don't seem to be willing to release it for some reason and don't appear respond to e-mails. The reason I'm asking this is because I'd really like to listen to the game's great music on my phone (or on my computer without having to use the musicroom), and stereomix recordings of the musicroom typically come out pretty badly in terms of quality.

PhantomSong

• The Ghost Living through Everyday Life.
  • Eh, it doesn't matter.

H-ACHOOO! Oh, excuse me

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
  • Just chilling like a hermit.

H-ACHOOO! Oh, excuse me
Death by sneezing!  :matsurismirk:
My danmakucopter goes pew pew pew!

Check out my newb PAD box it's a thing right?

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
She joins the ranks with MvC3 Pheonix Wright for having the deadliest sneeze

Kosachi

• Te-Te-Te-Te-Tenko
  • Hinanai Tenko~

H-ACHOOO! Oh, excuse me
GOODNESS! Use a tissue  :wat:
I finally got ahead!

ElGreko

• 私だ。エルグレコ。
  • 南無三
The Kokoro unlock score.dat that's circulating on the internet was actually the result of me randomly experimenting with the file in a hex editor, and it somehow magically ended up working.  :V
Here is the file for anyone who wants it, it unlocks all characters (for versus) and all stages/music. (So, obviously, SPOILERS!)

I don't need it since I already unlocked everything and I got my friend's file, but that's very kind of you to share it ( ̄ー ̄) so, thanks for the others  :3

game2011

• magneiptVE
    • Unsurpassed ??asual Dating - Real Women
Will Tasofro's patch for unlocking Kokoro in VS modes give her spell cards and a Last Spell?

Thanks in advance!

When a new patch comes out, I would think it would address Kokoro, since she is incomplete.

ElGreko

• 私だ。エルグレコ。
  • 南無三
Sure it will, the game is actually not finished, so I hope they'll fix that in the next patch.
By the way, for now, I only heard about some "life distribution" fix for some future next patches, but they never precisely talked about kokoro, let's hope she'll be in the next patch too!

Sure it will, the game is actually not finished, so I hope they'll fix that in the next patch.
By the way, for now, I only heard about some "life distribution" fix for some future next patches, but they never precisely talked about kokoro, let's hope she'll be in the next patch too!
Their latest blog post talks about making "a certain character" playable.