Author Topic: Touhou 13.5 東方心綺楼 Hopeless Masquerade - I'm hopelessly in love  (Read 471136 times)

ElGreko

• 私だ。エルグレコ。
  • 南無三
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahadhjklansrlfnalwmedmkd

I laughed at this reaction more than I should have  :D

Even better:
http://i44.tinypic.com/34t635t.jpg

I identified 15-17 on the 21 youkai if it interests anyone.

I can't say for sure myself, since I haven't played it yet. But I figure this in addition to being able to declare spell cards when you are behind allows for more risk taking.

I didn't understand what you tried to say?

By the way, does anyone have a replay of a game where they manage to get 100% popularity during a match? Still no one?

game2011

• magneiptVE
    • Unsurpassed ??asual Dating - Real Women
It's a wanyūdō.
Makes me wonder if Ichirin's species is supposed to be that one, since there are reference to wheels in her last name and title, not to mention the fact that she wields rings (shaped like wheels)...

By the way, does anyone have a replay of a game where they manage to get 100% popularity during a match? Still no one?
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm20991653

Found this on Nicovideo. It's not me and it's not a replay, but it shows two matches where people get to 100%.

Edit: Oops, forgot the actual link.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 08:47:54 AM by Clarste »

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
Makes me wonder if Ichirin's species is supposed to be that one, since there are reference to wheels in her last name and title, not to mention the fact that she wields rings (shaped like wheels)...

The wheel is the symbol of Buddhism.

ElGreko

• 私だ。エルグレコ。
  • 南無三

Yes, there is actually a relation, even if nothing is officially indicated.
Some people are saying she's a wanyuudou (I think she's more a katawa guruma). Her name contain the kanji "wa" that can mean ring or wheel, so there is indeed a relation.

Even Unzan is a Nyuudou, so we can assume they are finally quite similar and that's why they stay together.

But there is probably no relation with the Buddhism like Stuffman said, since she's a youkai.
But she was a close friend of Byakuren before she died and became a youkai, and Byakuren was clearly a buddhist, even if it's not officially indicated, so, maybe there is a relation. I'd be curious to hear different point of view about the question!

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm20991653

Found this on Nicovideo. It's not me and it's not a replay, but it shows two matches where people get to 100%.

Edit: Oops, forgot the actual link.

Thank you, friend! I'll analyze it as soon as I can! ◕‿‿◕
If anyone actually manage to find a replay of a 100% popularity, I'll be still interested!

I didn't understand what you tried to say?

What I mean is you can afford to take more risks. This is because if you do get punished for taking risks, you can use spell cards to come back. But this is hypothetical, because I am not quite sure of the mechanics.

ElGreko

• 私だ。エルグレコ。
  • 南無三
Well, anyway, declaring a spellcard and using it, even if it fails, will grant you some popularity bonus every time.
Also, it will stop the timer between the time you declared the spell and that you use it. So you can use it to "gain some additional time" to try to kill your opponent or get back the popularity you need to win the round before the timer runs out.

So, even if you can't really use some "surprising effect" when you cast a spell, there are a lot of other advantages you can earn from simply casting it. (even by putting a psychological pressure on your opponent, forcing him to play more defensively and using this time to lower his popularity and raise yours)
« Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 09:48:09 AM by ElGreko »

Just remember that if your spellcard timer ends without actually using it you may lose popularity from it. 

I've a lot of matches against friends where I reached 100% popularity, it's pretty easy if you have an aggressive playstyle or counterhit people a lot.  I also noticed popularity seems to decrease less the more you have, so if you've around 80%ish you just need to keep fighting normally and soon enough you'll reach 100%.

Captain Vulcan

• I'm tellin'!
Oh wow. Maybe it's just me, but I think Ichirin has a sorta 'rage' mechanic going on. Similar to Samurai Spirits and the recent Tekken games.

Because once that symbol on the bottom of the screen catches fire, Ichirin & Unzan's damage output increases a bit. Of course, I could be wrong...
My mind is not a nice place to be.

ElGreko

• 私だ。エルグレコ。
  • 南無三
Just remember that if your spellcard timer ends without actually using it you may lose popularity from it. 

I've a lot of matches against friends where I reached 100% popularity, it's pretty easy if you have an aggressive playstyle or counterhit people a lot.  I also noticed popularity seems to decrease less the more you have, so if you've around 80%ish you just need to keep fighting normally and soon enough you'll reach 100%.

I wonder if I have a different version of the game or if I simply bug. Personally, when I use a spellcard, I only win 5-10% max in popularity...
Also, sometimes I lose a lot of popularity without doing anything wrong, this gets sometimes kinda confusing.
And that's why I NEVER reached 100%, just about like 80-90% when I was damn lucky, but I still wonder why they made the way to the 100% so hard to get...

Oh wow. Maybe it's just me, but I think Ichirin has a sorta 'rage' mechanic going on. Similar to Samurai Spirits and the recent Tekken games.

Because once that symbol on the bottom of the screen catches fire, Ichirin & Unzan's damage output increases a bit. Of course, I could be wrong...

↓  ↓  ↓  ↓

Ichirin: If she gets hit enough times, she will go into rage mode.

For precise effects of the said rage mode , I didn't paid attention enough to clearly analyze what's actually changing, but there is a lot of chances that her damages increase, indeed.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 10:43:06 AM by ElGreko »

I wonder if I have a different version of the game or if I simply bug. Personally, when I use a spellcard, I only win 5-10% max in popularity...
Also, sometimes I lose a lot of popularity without doing anything wrong, this gets sometimes kinda confusing.
And that's why I NEVER reached 100%, just about like 80-90% when I was damn lucky, but I still wonder why they made the way to the 100% so hard to get...
Because of the way it adds things up, your popularity growth increases after a certain point in the match. At the start, both players have empty popularity meters. Every time you gain popularity, it adds blue meter, but when you lose popularity it doesn't take away blue: it adds red. So every you get countered or whatever the meter still fills up. That may not seem like a good thing, but once the meter is completely full, blue starts overwriting red, which essentially means you get popularity twice as fast. You also lose it twice as fast, but things like spellcard declarations and whatnot add blue without adding red to the enemy, so mathematically speaking the total goes up overall. It's likely to stay moderately low for a while and then suddenly spike.

IE: If all you're concerned about is reaching 100%, you should ignore the red bar and focus on the blue. You might be at 0% but still halfway to 100%.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 10:42:40 AM by Clarste »

Can someone please translate new message on the Tasofro blog? Google Translate says something about new character in the next patch (Kokoro, I assume), but I'm not sure.

ElGreko

• 私だ。エルグレコ。
  • 南無三
Because of the way it adds things up, your popularity growth increases after a certain point in the match. At the start, both players have empty popularity meters. Every time you gain popularity, it adds blue meter, but when you lose popularity it doesn't take away blue: it adds red. So every you get countered or whatever the meter still fills up. That may not seem like a good thing, but once the meter is completely full, blue starts overwriting red, which essentially means you get popularity twice as fast. You also lose it twice as fast, but things like spellcard declarations and whatnot add blue without adding red to the enemy, so mathematically speaking the total goes up overall. It's likely to stay moderately low for a while and then suddenly spike.

IE: If all you're concerned about is reaching 100%, you should ignore the red bar and focus on the blue. You might be at 0% but still halfway to 100%.

Ohoho, now that was really an interesting thing I just read!
I never noticed the soustraction/addition system between the "no" and the "yes" bar, after the "none of the two" disappeared.

Lot of things are starting to make sense, now (that was actually pretty logical and obvious).
I'll try to keep an eye at this the next time I'm playing.

Anyway, thank you for your precision, pal ( ̄ー ̄) I owe you one.

Can someone please translate new message on the Tasofro blog? Google Translate says something about new character in the next patch (Kokoro, I assume), but I'm not sure.

They don't really say interesting things, actually.
I didn't learned anything valuable except that they'll make later patches to correct HP distribution and some character bugs. They don't even say when they'll do it or talk about Kokoro ╥︵╥.
The only time they talk about her is when they talked about a "certain playable character" that has become a hot topic at many places, but without giving any precisions ( ?︿? ).

If I'm making any mistake, please correct me!
« Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 11:57:50 AM by ElGreko »

Also, if someone is interested, here my Reimu's and Marisa's Story Lunatic 1cc (Marisa hasn't lost even a life). Spellcards abuse. Also my Futo replay with 80 plates.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 01:22:39 PM by Rizado »

It is. They also mention that they'll try to fix some of the remaining bugs but they can't give the exact date yet. Better unlock and finish Kokoro's story fast.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 11:58:31 AM by monhan »

ToyoRai

• Head But No Tail
  • I am still here. Sometimes.
I honestly think Ichirin is what I like to call "generic youkai". Pretty much, an youkia which osn't classified as anything than just youkai (Like Rumia or Meiling).

MaStErSpArK94

Even better:
http://i44.tinypic.com/34t635t.jpg

It's hilarious how most of them are tanukis disguised. :V

game2011

• magneiptVE
I finally figured out how to use Last Words!  I realized earlier while playing this game that the skill buttons refer to the D and C buttons on the keyboard!

« Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 01:37:55 PM by game2011 »

It's hilarious how most of them are tanukis disguised. :V

I thought all of them are supposed to be tanuki's in disguse. I just assumed they forgot to put tails on some

Ikari

• I'm just so charismatic
  • It's turning into derp
Any idea what the item-card Miko-sword-plank-thing does...? It's the only item I can't figure out.

While browsing the wiki, I saw this though.

Quote from: Koishi's Hat
Wear it and you start to feel like a youkai
your faith quickly leaves you,
as the wind blows, as opinions turn,
If today is fun, that's all that matters.

That is absolutely adorable.

game2011

• magneiptVE
Also, thanks to all those who clarified to me the truth about Ichirin's species and the wheels in her name and title!

Any idea what the item-card Miko-sword-plank-thing does...? It's the only item I can't figure out.

While browsing the wiki, I saw this though.

That is absolutely adorable.
Activate it and hold the button down to keep raising your popularity. It rise very slowly so I don't recommend using it.

Activate it and hold the button down to keep raising your popularity. It rise very slowly so I don't recommend using it.

And it goes down if you release it iirc.

commandercool

• alter cool
It would be even better with a small thanks  :)  (spending time to answer to someone without getting any feedback is not very motivating ◠‿◠")

I'm sorry. Wasn't trying to be rude, just didn't realize we were done.

On another note, I tried to set up a second controller last night and could not figure out how to do it. I think it may just be a translation issue, I'm sure it's something small that I would be able to figure out if the menus were translated, but as it is I could occasionally get both players at least partial menu control but never got to a point where both players could actually control their characters during a match. At one point I think I had player one with a controller and player two with the keyboard, but now even that doesn't work. Has anyone gotten this working yet?
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

On another note, I tried to set up a second controller last night and could not figure out how to do it. I think it may just be a translation issue, I'm sure it's something small that I would be able to figure out if the menus were translated, but as it is I could occasionally get both players at least partial menu control but never got to a point where both players could actually control their characters during a match. At one point I think I had player one with a controller and player two with the keyboard, but now even that doesn't work. Has anyone gotten this working yet?
In the character select screen, just move the second controller so that it'll show gamepad 1 beside the 2P's profile. Then just change the config as usual. After the 1P finished selecting the character, don't press anything or it'll recognize the gamepad as the second player(indicated by the gamepad 0 beside 2P's profile).
« Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 05:34:52 PM by monhan »

they talked about a "certain playable character" that has become a hot topic at many places, but without giving any precisions ( ?︿? ).

ああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああ

game2011

• magneiptVE
Spoiler:
Kokoro's ending looks like the canon ending to me.  It seems to be the happiest-looking ending, and the fact that her ending has about five pictures instead of the usual two (I think) for everyone else .  The staff roll is different as well, what with showing all the playable characters and using the title theme instead of the usual theme.  Plus, her final battle is more epic and has a more "final boss-like" feeling to it.  The music also fits better.
Spoiler:
« Last Edit: June 01, 2013, 08:03:43 AM by game2011 »

ToyoRai

• Head But No Tail
  • I am still here. Sometimes.
Spoiler:
Kokoro's ending looks like the canon ending to me.  It seems to be the happiest-looking ending, and the fact that her ending has about five pictures instead of the usual two for everyone else (I think).  The staff roll is different as well, what with showing all the playable characters and using the title theme instead of the usual theme.  Plus, her final battle is more epic and has a more "final boss-like" feeling to it.  The music also fits better.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Looking at the dialogue, I think the story goes like "Everyone else>Mamizou>Kokoro". What I mean is that "Everyone else" is when okoro is rampaging around, "Mamizou" is aftermatch of Kokoro's rampage and "Kokoro" is her trying to end the war she caused.
Spoiler:
Also, Cirno appears in Byakuren's ending. She is trying to become the strongest through religion!
Also, Kokoro's story in nutshell http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kPSHtLHOww
« Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 04:35:29 PM by ToyoRai »

Spoiler:
Yea, it's kinda similar to Scarlet Weather Rhapsody in that every storyline happened, as far as anyone can tell, with the midboss being the 2nd last and the boss's storyline being the last to occur.

Spoiler:
Also, Cirno appears in Byakuren's ending. She is trying to become the strongest through religion!
Oh my god that is awesome.