Author Topic: Touhou 13.5 東方心綺楼 Hopeless Masquerade - I'm hopelessly in love  (Read 471069 times)

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
Can anyone confirm if Koishi's last word is unblockable? My opponent always gets hit by hit no matter what the guard setting is in

Oh god the gifs are starting of Dancing Orin

« Last Edit: May 30, 2013, 04:26:16 PM by zferolie »

ElGreko

• 私だ。エルグレコ。
  • 南無三
Can anyone confirm if Koishi's last word is unblockable? My opponent always gets hit by hit no matter what the guard setting is in

I'm sure at 90% it's unblockable, yes. The only way to avoid it is to get far from it or graze it (but it's quite risky because if you get one single hit, you get caught in the spell)

Since the area of the spell is very wide, the best idea if the enemy casts his last spell is to graze while running away to get as far as possible from it.

Piranha

• Hungry Ghost
Omg, onehitting Kokoro's third spellcard (the one where she dives all over the screen) with Reimu's Last Word is just hilarious. :V
on Normal btw

She's all like: "This shouldn't happen!"
« Last Edit: May 30, 2013, 05:58:11 PM by Piranha »
Normal 1cc: EoSD (All), PCB (All), IN (All teams), PoFV (Reimu), MoF (All), SA (ReimuA/ReimuB)
Extra stages cleared: EoSD (ReimuB), PCB (ReimuB)
StB: Level 6-X left
My Replays

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
  • Just chilling like a hermit.
Omg, onehitting Kokoro's third spellcard (the one where she dives all over the screen) with Reimu's Last Word is just hilarious. :V
on Normal btw

She's all like: "This shouldn't happen!"
Win! Just epic win, now I know when to use my last word as Reimu.  :D
My danmakucopter goes pew pew pew!

Check out my newb PAD box it's a thing right?

Kingault

• Insert witty description here.
Rumia says hi

Fantastic. I can't believe I missed that.

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
I'm sure at 90% it's unblockable, yes. The only way to avoid it is to get far from it or graze it (but it's quite risky because if you get one single hit, you get caught in the spell)

Since the area of the spell is very wide, the best idea if the enemy casts his last spell is to graze while running away to get as far as possible from it.

But even if they get hit from far, they won't get pulled in close enough for the damaging part. But how good is it for okizeme or wake up set ups?

Mamizou: If she gets hit while using her attack, she loses it temporatily. If she loses all of her leaves,s he cannot use her specials until she recovers them back.
It's if her projectile gets hit, not herself. For example, if you summon the flying umbrella. Sometimes it's the same thing though, if she's holding it. Also, she can't do her Heavy Melee attacks without leaves either.

Quote from: zferolie
Boat: Futo gets into her boat and rides it 3/4ths accross the screen. Not effected by any dishes on stage, For every 2 levels you get a different boat, starting with a simple boat, upgrading to a bigger boat with a seat, and ending with a very large fancy boat with a Dragon front and sail. Back and forward go straight, Up angles Up, Down Angles down. I find Down misses a lot since the hit box is what Futo Stands on, though max level includes a little part of the dragon head. I say use up or straight.
Actually the boat does interact with the dishes. If there's a dish behind you, you can re-input the command to make Futo jump off her boat and land on a dish, which turns into another boat. So you can rapid fire them (with a spirit discount, and from the same side).

commandercool

• alter cool
Ichirin was probably the character I was least excited about going in, but after finishing her story mode I love her. Going to have to experiment with her some more. And her win poses are great.
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

It's if her projectile gets hit, not herself. For example, if you summon the flying umbrella. Sometimes it's the same thing though, if she's holding it. Also, she can't do her Heavy Melee attacks without leaves either.
Actually the boat does interact with the dishes. If there's a dish behind you, you can re-input the command to make Futo jump off her boat and land on a dish, which turns into another boat. So you can rapid fire them (with a spirit discount, and from the same side).

REALLY? Oh now that is cool. I need to try that

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
  • Just chilling like a hermit.
That I'll have to experiment with when I get a chance.  :3
My danmakucopter goes pew pew pew!

Check out my newb PAD box it's a thing right?

Ikari

• I'm just so charismatic
  • It's turning into derp

Spamming boats has to be the most amazing thing this game can offer.

Seriously it's hilarious.

With no Kasen (yet  :3), looks like I will probably indulge my attention on Nitori. Anyone know if it is possible to recharge her ammo level at all? Nitori with 0 ammo is extremely weak lol.

Nitori with ammo, on the other hand, is powerful enough to deserve the ammo limit IMHO. All her special moves are incredibly good.

Sagus

• Spin, Hina, spin
  • Spin like there's no tomorrow
You can't replenish her ammo at all.

It resets between rounds, though.
Peketo's Drawing Stuffs
Despite the name, it's mostly 3D models.

My fanfics.

Zork787

• Mami Mami Mamizou~
  • Her tail is so fluffy~
With no Kasen (yet  :3), looks like I will probably indulge my attention on Nitori. Anyone know if it is possible to recharge her ammo level at all? Nitori with 0 ammo is extremely weak lol.

Nitori with ammo, on the other hand, is powerful enough to deserve the ammo limit IMHO. All her special moves are incredibly good.

it recharges when the round changes.

Also I don't know weather its Mamizou's timing's that are bugged or the comboing system is, but I was trying to perform 5AA 2A Animal Lute Priest:Frog 5AA 2A 5Y 5AAA Transformation "Bunbuku Hot Soup Bathtub" for nearly ten minutes before it actually worked successfully,  but during every other attempt during the ten minutes I tried, the combo would either whiff for no reason, reset or Mamizou wouldn't transition correctly and do the completely wrong move, the combo resetting was especially bad when doing 5Y 5AAA, sometimes it worked, but most of the time the combo reset despite the 5AAA actually hitting and it seem's to be related to when you hit A after Y and if you don't hit it PERFECTLY, the combo resets which is kinda bad and makes comboing with Mamizou less than great :/
Livestream Artstreams|Youtube
3DS Friend Code: 0748-2156-8970

Genso

• Worldly Illusion
  • まかせろぜ。
It's pretty hard to play with no spellcards or skills at all. Only found 2 100% stun combos, 1 of them purely positional and therefore useless.

http://www.mediafire.com/?82cngjuj2s13de3

EDIT: Forgot to mention, playing with Kokoro.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 12:42:28 AM by Genso »

commandercool

• alter cool
Can anyone identify any of the creatures in Mamizou's attacks, particularly her Last Word? The only one I can figure out for sure is Saigyou Ayakashi. I don't know my Japanese monsters that well.

Kingault

• Insert witty description here.
Can anyone identify any of the creatures in Mamizou's attacks, particularly her Last Word? The only one I can figure out for sure is Saigyou Ayakashi. I don't know my Japanese monsters that well.

The giant stone wall thing reminds me of Blockhead from Okami... Similar origins?

One of them's an umbrella... maybe a tool youkai like Kogasa or a tanuki disguised as one...
There's also a bucket... Kisume's that spices I think.
Of course, I don't remember the spellings of the names for the species.

commandercool

• alter cool
Is the big red guy with the horns and spike bat supposed to be an Oni, or some kind of ogre?

The wheel with the face looks like those face wheels from Castlevania, although it could also just be a Tsukumogami of a wheel. Actually, the wheels from Castlevania might be as well for all I know.

The ghost with the blue hair looks like it might be a Yuki-Onna.

Is the skull a particular creature, or just a skull?

ElGreko

• 私だ。エルグレコ。
  • 南無三
But even if they get hit from far, they won't get pulled in close enough for the damaging part. But how good is it for okizeme or wake up set ups?

It depends on the distance they are. The best way to use it is to block the opponent against a corner and use it when they can't run away from the back.
I don't think it would work for okiseme though, since there is a small delay after you do it and the opponent has time to attack you or run away before you cast the spell.

But anyway, the gameplay system makes it so hard to get 100% popularity that you'll have almost no chance to place it in pvp, so I'm not even trying to learn how to use them optimally since I'll probably never use it. Sadly.

Sure, I personally recognized some Karakasa, Chouchinobake, Tsurube-otoshi and Nurikabe, maybe I'm forgetting some.
Spoiler:
In her last word, she only use her tanuki minions who used a henge no jutsu to take her form and attack at the same time like a "kage-bunshin-no-jutsu-like" technique.
For he spellcards, the one with the kettle is a reference to the Bunbuku Chagama myth.
The spell with the big gate, I never had time to identify every youkai since I didn't used the spell a lot and it's quite fast, but I recognized some onis, the famous youkai Oiwa, and many others... (if someone takes a screenshot of the spell, I could identify more, since I love all the japanese folklore and mythology and read a lot of things about it.)

commandercool

• alter cool
Sure, I personally recognized some Karakasa, Chouchinobake, Tsurube-otoshi and Nurikabe, maybe I'm forgetting some.
Spoiler:
In her last word, she only use her tanuki minions who used a henge no jutsu to take her form and attack at the same time like a "kage-bunshin-no-jutsu-like" technique.
For he spellcards, the one with the kettle is a reference to the Bunbuku Chagama myth.
The spell with the big gate, I never had time to identify every youkai since I didn't used the spell a lot and it's quite fast, but I recognized some onis, the famous youkai Oiwa, and many others... (if someone takes a screenshot of the spell, I could identify more, since I love all the japanese folklore and mythology and read a lot of things about it.)

From just a quick test of her it looks like the monsters in her Last Word aren't the same every time, so it would probably take several screenshots. Probably be easier just to download her sprites from here.

ElGreko

• 私だ。エルグレコ。
  • 南無三
From just a quick test of her it looks like the monsters in her Last Word aren't the same every time, so it would probably take several screenshots. Probably be easier just to download her sprites from here.

I think you're mistaking it, her last word is exactly as I described it and never change.
You're talking about the gate spellcard that is not a Last Word  :] .

By the way, you're welcome....  ⌐_⌐?

The imagery of all her youkai is done vaguely in the style of this, which is the famous "Night Parade of a Hundred Demons" picture scroll which the spellcard is based on (also played a part in her chapters of Forbidden Scrollery). You might want to browse through there for some of them.
The giant stone wall thing reminds me of Blockhead from Okami... Similar origins?
Yeah, it's the same thing, a nurikabe.
Is the big red guy with the horns and spike bat supposed to be an Oni, or some kind of ogre?

The wheel with the face looks like those face wheels from Castlevania, although it could also just be a Tsukumogami of a wheel. Actually, the wheels from Castlevania might be as well for all I know.
Spiked metal bats are traditional oni weapons. The flaming wheel is another classic youkai but I can't remember the name.

AJS

• Danmakufu Scripter
(if someone takes a screenshot of the spell, I could identify more, since I love all the japanese folklore and mythology and read a lot of things about it.)
Even better:
http://i44.tinypic.com/34t635t.jpg

commandercool

• alter cool
I think you're mistaking it, her last word is exactly as I described it and never change.
You're talking about the gate spellcard that is not a Last Word  :] .

By the way, you're welcome....  ⌐_⌐?

Oh, fair enough. I did get them confused.

Even better:
http://i44.tinypic.com/34t635t.jpg

That is better!

ElGreko

• 私だ。エルグレコ。
  • 南無三
It would be even better with a small thanks  :)  (spending time to answer to someone without getting any feedback is not very motivating ◠‿◠")

N-Forza

• Information Superhighway Robbery
  • I said it was a steal, but not for whom
However, putting a system to try to forcibly punish bad play isn't a good fighting game design.
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahadhjklansrlfnalwmedmkd

Sagus

• Spin, Hina, spin
  • Spin like there's no tomorrow
The flaming wheel is another classic youkai but I can't remember the name.
It's a wanyūdō.
Peketo's Drawing Stuffs
Despite the name, it's mostly 3D models.

My fanfics.

Formless God

forcibly punish
what does this mean

Well, it's actually not exactly true, it's very dangerous to be aggressive in this popularity system too.
Players who are only defending will lose their popularity, that's a good thing and it's quite logical.
But aggressive players who aren't attacking wisely or strategically will lose even more popularity and give some to the opponent. (that makes sense too)

I can't say for sure myself, since I haven't played it yet. But I figure this in addition to being able to declare spell cards when you are behind allows for more risk taking.

Oh so they can bother to change the date on the newspaper but not switch out background characters. Jeeze.

I don't believe anyone ever said this. It is just commonly believed that they won't. This is mainly based on observation not that it is actually true.