Author Topic: Touhou 13.5 東方心綺楼 Hopeless Masquerade - I'm hopelessly in love  (Read 471186 times)

Zork787

• Mami Mami Mamizou~
  • Her tail is so fluffy~
..........I Feel like I got ignored in relation to Mamizou's Combo's :V But I digress lol

Yorihime happens to be my most hated Touhou. If she gets put in, I can enjoy beating the shit out of her as Reimu and Marisa in revenge for owning their asses in one chapter each. And I'll do it in the Hakurei Shrine stage, in front of Sakuya, Remilia and the Yakumos for good measure.  :getdown:
*flame shield on*

to Quote Zun in the bonus interview at the end of SoPM
Quote from: SoPM
Quote from: Zun
Well, if I have to. The Watatsuki sisters are princesses of the moon. Toyohime has "the ability to connect mountains and seas", which is an ability to move anywhere she likes. Most importantly, she can move between the Lunar Capital and Earth, with Gensokyo being the "mountain" and the moon being the "sea".
Quote from: Interviewer
Ah, that's a rather specific explanation. I only saw her as eating peaches or carrying super-weapons...
I didn't explain the weapons to Aki★Eda so the depiction was super vague (laugh). Her sister Yorihime is a more ordinary character.
Quote from: Interviewer
She feels like the powered up form of a main character.
That's because she's a cheater. Her abilities are not grounded on science in the least. The stronger the Kami she invokes, the stronger she becomes. She's so strong, I could only get away with putting her in a comic, because you need to be able to defeat all of the bosses in the games and all. That't why I have to limit her appearances.

So if you want to be angry at anyone, be angry at Zun for making her intentionally OP to begin with :V
Livestream Artstreams|Youtube
3DS Friend Code: 0748-2156-8970

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
  • Just chilling like a hermit.
...? There's nothing special about Koishi's spellcards. They work exactly the same as other characters. Do you mean you don't know how to use spellcards at all?
It's just my luck tends the kick in at random, and I know how to use spellcards it's just sometimes... the combination doesn't lock in or the game decides to troll me.
My danmakucopter goes pew pew pew!

Check out my newb PAD box it's a thing right?

Sage Ω (Ultima)

• CEO at Team Eternal Desire
  • ??? X
...? There's nothing special about Koishi's spellcards. They work exactly the same as other characters. Do you mean you don't know how to use spellcards at all?

The fact that they have a delay until you meet the requirements of them special enough. Sure you can easily memorize how to use each attack but executing it is different story and this is why I say she's stupidly designed but her spellcards are actually useful.

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
I guess they wanted to imply the Unconscious part of Koishi through her gimmick of how she attacks.  :derp:
That's the only reason I think why Tasoforo gave her that gimmick.  :colbert:

Sage Ω (Ultima)

• ??? X
Yeah I expected that but I didn't think they would handle it like this though.

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
Yeah I expected that but I didn't think they would handle it like this though.
My thoughts exactly.  :V

The fact that they have a delay until you meet the requirements of them special enough. Sure you can easily memorize how to use each attack but executing it is different story and this is why I say she's stupidly designed but her spellcards are actually useful.
The spellcards don't have a delay... Oh you're talking about her skills? It's important to get the terminology straight to avoid confusion...

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary!
I'm thinking...  If there will be DLC characters, but Tasofro insists on not having any BG characters playable, then the only plausible choices left are Meiling and Flandre.  Characters like Momiji, Daiyousei, and Koakuma get almost no love in official materials, so they obviously won't be playable.  Kasen and one of the Watatsuki Sisters may work.  DLC characters probably won't have story modes, so choices of characters shouldn't be an issue.  Even if they will have stories, I think it shouldn't be too hard trying to fit them into the plot in some way.  The Watastuki Sisters, for example, may think that this is a good chance to prove the superiority of the moon to Gensokyo after Eirin told them about what's been happening for fun or something like that.
Add in the DDC characters too since any expansion would likely come out after the full version of DDC comes out.  Doesn't Sekibanki's bio reference the religious turmoil?

Theoretical addable characters:
Meiling --  Stage: SDM
One of the Watatsuki sisters -- Stage: Bamboo Forest near Eientei
Sekibanki or Kagerou-- Stage: ??
Momiji or Hatate -- Stage: Youkai Mountain
« Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 05:14:02 AM by Aya Reiko »

Doesn't Sekibanki's bio reference the religious turmoil?
Yes. It says she didn't participate in it. Probably the most disconfirmed a character's ever been.

Anyway, if there's an expansion or any DLC characters I wouldn't expect the background rule to matter anymore. Presumably they haven't had time to fully consider which characters they'd want to make in the future, and it's simple enough to remove someone from the background if they really feel like doing so. Or, more likely, leave them in and make jokes about tanuki.

ToyoRai

• Head But No Tail
  • I am still here. Sometimes.
I won't be surprised that there will be an expansion of 13.5. But what I'm looking forward to the most is a voice patch for the characters.
Hearing voice acting in Tougou game will be really odd to me.

Zork787

• Mami Mami Mamizou~
  • Her tail is so fluffy~
Hearing voice acting in Tougou game will be really odd to me.

yeah, was never a fan of the SWR/Soku Voice patch myself so even if one does come out, will probably not use it
Livestream Artstreams|Youtube
3DS Friend Code: 0748-2156-8970

game2011

• magneiptVE
    • Unsurpassed ??asual Dating - Real Women
Add in the DDC characters too since any expansion would likely come out after the full version of DDC comes out.  Doesn't Sekibanki's bio reference the religious turmoil?

Theoretical addable characters:
Meiling --  Stage: SDM
One of the Watatsuki sisters -- Stage: Bamboo Forest near Eientei
Sekibanki or Kagerou-- Stage: ??
Momiji or Hatate -- Stage: Youkai Mountain
Hatate appears in the background as well, so she's out.  And yeah, I was thinking that it's possible for them to throw in DDC characters as well.

I believe it was a smart move to add a timer, yet they should slow down the rate in which it counts down. I find myself almost always winning/losing by timeout and that somewhat gets on my nerves. It fixes the problem of people playing too defensively, but now adds the issue of having to be too aggressive.

I have not played the game yet, but have you tried declaring spell cards? It pauses the timer and gives you more time to fight it out.

then the only plausible choices left are Meiling and Flandre.  Characters like Momiji, Daiyousei, and Koakuma get almost no love in official materials, so they obviously won't be playable.  Kasen and one of the Watatsuki Sisters may work.

Let me say that Akyuu is not seen in any of the backgrounds.

So if you want to be angry at anyone, be angry at Zun for making her intentionally OP to begin with

All fighting game bosses are OP.

@background characters:
I agree, considering that most characters are already in the background, it is possible for newer characters to ignore this background rule.

iK

• Triple Teasing Charicature
I personally like the timer being so small. Now instead of having to eventually approach my opponent, I can just get a few hits in and run the clock Shinto/Daoist style. Instead of the winning player  needing to go in for the kill, the losing opponent is forced to approach, giving the advantaged player a huge leeway in strategy.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 07:46:49 AM by iK »
[☰] [☴] [☵] [☶] [☷] [☳] [☲] [☱]

Really? And here I thought health has nothing to do with winning.
And 99 seconds is short? Wasn't it always 99 seconds in other games?

iK

• Triple Teasing Charicature
Getting a hit grants your popularity, at least in the demo. You only need to be up one more percentage than the opponent to win.
[☰] [☴] [☵] [☶] [☷] [☳] [☲] [☱]

Let me say that Akyuu is not seen in any of the backgrounds.

I'm calling it now. Akyuu for playable character.

I'm calling it now. Akyuu for playable character.
I was actually predicting this as one of my "the world has gone crazy" guesses after Nitori was revealed, but Mamizou ended up with the moveset I imagined for her. Although the youkai would have been coming from books. Does the game have place for two summoners? And if not, what exactly can Akyuu do?

Prime32

• Munch-Munch Demon
In WaHH she acts like youkai are all some kind of united front and talks about spies and such, despite there being no indication that any of them actually report to her or anything. So she's acting like she's the leader, but doesn't really do anything that would indicate that. I'll admit that she's influential though.

By contrast Mamizou actually has a gang of minions.
I figure that the leader figures among the youkai* see her as incredibly suspicious, but too useful not to associate with - she's awesome at both intelligence and logistics, and apparently invented some of their astronomy to boot.

*Not that all youkai pay attention to them, but we know the tengu have an organisational structure, and DDC implies more
« Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 11:02:09 AM by Prime32 »

Sagus

• Spin, Hina, spin
  • Spin like there's no tomorrow
I disagree entirely on the "stupidly designed" part. She's GREAT fun to play with if you know what you're doing. You can predict when her skills are going to fire, you just have to pratice to know the timing and distance necessary; they are certainly not random. Just because you don't know how to play with her doesn't mean she's badly designed, dude.
Peketo's Drawing Stuffs
Despite the name, it's mostly 3D models.

My fanfics.

Sage Ω (Ultima)

• ??? X
And 99 seconds is short? Wasn't it always 99 seconds in other games?

The other games didn't have timers. The damage values of Touhou games aren't as big as say Street Fighter or KOF. That and it's really hard to play this game due to the aerial combat system but it feels like the fighters are in water. They jump up but eventually move back to the center or duck below and move back to the center.

Tasfro should've included an option to disable the timer. I might come up with one in cheat engine though or learn to be more aggressive.

Imosa

• Any sufficiently advanced technology
  • is indistinguishable from magic
Isn't one point of the timer to force people to take the popularity mechanic into consideration. Like, I thought the point of this game was to end up being more popular, not to end up beating the opponent.

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
Isn't one point of the timer to force people to take the popularity mechanic into consideration. Like, I thought the point of this game was to end up being more popular, not to end up beating the opponent.

Taking away the time will render popularity useless for most cases, so I doubt they'll disable it.

This game runs the popularity system just as MvC3 uses the X-Factor system and SFIV has the Focus system. Taking out their mechanic or rendering them useless will change the game itself which is why they won't really have that option to disable it.

hmm, apart from what can essentailly be 2 basic combo's I haven't made much, if ANY progress with finding combo's for Mamizou which is getting me to thinking that she doesn't really have a lot to begin with or something.

Or I'm just outright missing something :V

You guys had any luck so far? so far I've found with 6A 6A 6B^ 妖怪つるべぇ変化 8j 6A 6A 6Bv 6Y and if available you can add 変化「分福熱湯風呂」 to it, and the one in my video which is 6A 6A 6Bv 6Y 6A 6A 6Bv 6Y and again you can add 変化「分福熱湯風呂」 to it and that's all I've really got so far

I didn't get a chance to play last night sadly. Wanted to, but got distracted by other things. I'll have to try this combo out later. What Alignment is this in?

Where did Tasfro say they didn't want to make Background characters playable? You can see that sometimes background characters aren't in the background(Like Suika and Yuugi sometimes disapear) So that means they have the ability to remove background characters. Doesn't that mean that They could be possibly playable.

But if they decide to make them not playable, that does limit who they could choose. Mei Ling and FLandre are the 2 big names that show up. I doubt they will let use play as Kasen due to the fact that putting her in the game may spoil what exactly she is, and if they don't spoil, then when the manga comes out the game representation may not act how she is in the manga.

Also, given how broken they are I doubt the sisters will be playable. I mean, They didn't put in Mokou or Kaguya last games because they were afraid they would be broken(though I feel they may be less broken here since the game is about popularity more then beating each other up). Even ZUN has said they are broken, and wants to keep them Manga Only.

The only other choices I see happening are characters from Touhou 14 or PC-98 characters. MAybe Make Mima or Shinki DLC and then explain that because they were extra DLC, they still don't count as being part of the actual canon, lol

The other games didn't have timers. The damage values of Touhou games aren't as big as say Street Fighter or KOF. That and it's really hard to play this game due to the aerial combat system but it feels like the fighters are in water. They jump up but eventually move back to the center or duck below and move back to the center.

Tasfro should've included an option to disable the timer. I might come up with one in cheat engine though or learn to be more aggressive.
Yes, it could have an option to disable the timer but then why would tasofro bother in the popularity system, and Hm would be another fighting game but with aerial combat :/ .
Personaly i think that 99 sec is just enought, if you are clearly better then the cpu, (i havent played pvp), you will beat it in 50 sec at most, if not you will require to demostrate your skills at earning popularity.
btw im having a problem unlocking mamizou, thou i have ended the story mode, and i have unlocked the 2 "bonus" stages from it, i still dont have mamizou playeable D:

commandercool

• alter cool
I know this has been asked a few times and hasn't really gotten a response unless I missed it, but has anyone figured out what any of the items outside of the three from the demo do? I spent a little time messing around with them last night and couldn't really figure out what the ones I was using were for (Nitori and Miko, I think). I'll see if I can get another controller set up later and have my roommate help with the testing process, but so far I got nothing aside from "broom move you", and in that case I don't know the particulars of it.
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

I know this has been asked a few times and hasn't really gotten a response unless I missed it, but has anyone figured out what any of the items outside of the three from the demo do? I spent a little time messing around with them last night and couldn't really figure out what the ones I was using were for (Nitori and Miko, I think). I'll see if I can get another controller set up later and have my roommate help with the testing process, but so far I got nothing aside from "broom move you", and in that case I don't know the particulars of it.
The Laser Pagoda shoots a decently powerful laser at the cost of a chunk of your max spirit. Not bad on characters like Byakuren who have less ranged options.

I think the bottom 4 just alter your religion balance though. The Shinto charm that gives +2 Shinto and -1 to the others, etc.

commandercool

• alter cool
The Laser Pagoda shoots a decently powerful laser at the cost of a chunk of your max spirit. Not bad on characters like Byakuren who have less ranged options.

I don't think I even realized that was an item. :ohdear:

I think the bottom 4 just alter your religion balance though. The Shinto charm that gives +2 Shinto and -1 to the others, etc.

Oh, that makes sense. That's probably why I didn't notice an effect from them. I wasn't looking closely at that. Interesting. So is that just when setting your moves, or is it possible to somehow shift your alignment during a match?
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

ToyoRai

• Head But No Tail
  • I am still here. Sometimes.
Just a quick question, do characters have just one ending?

MaStErSpArK94

Oh, that makes sense. That's probably why I didn't notice an effect from them. I wasn't looking closely at that. Interesting. So is that just when setting your moves, or is it possible to somehow shift your alignment during a match?

I tried it just now; you can't change your alignment mid-fight. You just "equip" them and that's it.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 03:15:28 PM by ★Drizzly Magician★ »