Author Topic: Touhou 13.5 東方心綺楼 Hopeless Masquerade - I'm hopelessly in love  (Read 471058 times)

Imosa

• Any sufficiently advanced technology
  • is indistinguishable from magic
Really? Huh. I respect his choice, but I wonder why he dislikes it.
As I understand it, it has to do with the doujin mindset, or something like that.

Zork787

• Mami Mami Mamizou~
  • Her tail is so fluffy~
As I understand it, it has to do with the doujin mindset, or something like that.

Who know's, maybe his visit to the US in September will spark something that will get him to ship the Touhou games overseas officially or something /shrug

Also is it just me or does the AI Escape from combos too early or something as I'm practising Mamizou's combo's (that I've found so far) I've noticed if the combo doesn't stun them, they automatically escape when the Rate get to 25% or lower even if theyre in teh middle of a multi-hit attack like say Mamizou's Down-Heavy Physical (the Stone Head like Youkai she summons)
Livestream Artstreams|Youtube
3DS Friend Code: 0748-2156-8970

Imosa

• Any sufficiently advanced technology
  • is indistinguishable from magic
Who know's, maybe his visit to the US in September will spark something that will get him to ship the Touhou games overseas officially or something /shrug
That is the predominant hope.

_cf

• playing with training wheels
  • "Touhou" is japanese for "silly hats only"
    • my Pixiv
Really? Huh. I respect his choice, but I wonder why he dislikes it.
ZUN really likes the doujinshi scene. Setting a digital distribution scheme diminishes the importance of actually going to an event and buying the game from the author's hands.

I suspect it might be because he would have to fork over some of the distribution control to the digital marketplace doing the distributing.

ZUN really likes the doujinshi scene. Setting a digital distribution scheme diminishes the importance of actually going to an event and buying the game from the author's hands.

Huh. Interesting. I can get loving the doujin scene, and wanting to keep getting people to come to those events. It's a great goal. Sadly, that does not help us poor America,s, Europeans, and other countries that want to support ZUN and his work, yet have no means to go to these events to get the games.

That is the predominant hope.

I hope for this as well. I think he knows how popular his series is outside of japan, and while it's not as huge as it is in Japan, I think he knows it could grow with some love. Even if he makes a US/European version of his site that lets us buy and download any of the touhou games, offical and fan made) then that would be great. The Japanese would most likely still go out and buy the physical copies, since they will get it maybe a week or 2 ahead of the rest, and everyone else can help Support ZUN and is crazy Beer filled brain.

Also is it just me or does the AI Escape from combos too early or something as I'm practising Mamizou's combo's (that I've found so far) I've noticed if the combo doesn't stun them, they automatically escape when the Rate get to 25% or lower even if theyre in teh middle of a multi-hit attack like say Mamizou's Down-Heavy Physical (the Stone Head like Youkai she summons)

I too am trying to learn some good Mamizou combos or set ups. She is my main with either Koishi or Futo as my second. I do notice that the AI excapes from combos randomly sometimes.

Question, what is your favorite alignment for Mamizou? I like Shinto because it seems to give her projectiles more range and she can cover the full screen with her attacks.

Zork787

• Mami Mami Mamizou~
  • Her tail is so fluffy~
I too am trying to learn some good Mamizou combos or set ups. She is my main with either Koishi or Futo as my second. I do notice that the AI excapes from combos randomly sometimes.

Question, what is your favorite alignment for Mamizou? I like Shinto because it seems to give her projectiles more range and she can cover the full screen with her attacks.

Still haven't decided yet, though Mamizou doesn't seem to be effected by each as much as some other characters though, that or I haven't noticed the major changes to her skills the alignments have, and I think she's gonna be the character that only has a few basic combos that you can mix up to your heart's desire lol and I still haven't figured out what type of character she is overall :V

Still haven't decided yet, though Mamizou doesn't seem to be effected by each as much as some other characters though, that or I haven't noticed the major changes to her skills the alignments have, and I think she's gonna be the character that only has a few basic combos that you can mix up to your heart's desire lol and I still haven't figured out what type of character she is overall :V

Well, I noticed that in shinto her A attacks spread in a wide pattern, and her S smoke cloud stays around her at first, then spreads out. Buddhist her A attacks just spin around right in front of her, and the cloud just surrounds her on the right and left. Taoists A shoots out very fast, and S spins around her widely. Neutral A just sends out a few shots and the Cloud just puffs around her.

I do find that her special moves don't really change depending on the direction you set it, which is different from most characters. Only her Danmaku animal and the Umbrella attack seems to be effected by direction, as far as I can tell.

Which Specials do you think are great for her? I love her ROcket Racoon Log Trap move, and her Stone statue move. I also find the lamp with homing projectiles really good. The even circle back around to hit the foe.

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
Yeah, I would agree that having your projectiles going farther with Koishi would be better. More range on her projectiles means her spells will activate farther away I assume. I myself am trying to find my favorite Mamizou Playstyle. I use shinto right now because I like having some range, but I kinda liked Taoist as well. Buddist could work if I get more of a rushdown style for her. I just need to hit the training room and work. It sucks that you can't change spells in training...
You can change it during character selection, so you don't have to go all the way back to the menu. It's still pretty annoying.

Still, even though I found decent combos, I doubt they are very optimal at all. I'll let the game ride out a bit more for people to see how she should be played.

You can change it during character selection, so you don't have to go all the way back to the menu. It's still pretty annoying.

Still, even though I found decent combos, I doubt they are very optimal at all. I'll let the game ride out a bit more for people to see how she should be played.

You can? I only saw you could change what alignment she was, not what specials were on each.

The game is early, and I have seen few great fight videos or combo videos. People are still experimenting. Since I doubt the US FGC will even give this game a chance(I sent the news to a few websites and not one has published it :| ) we need to wait for the japanese crowd or the kinda small US touhou fighting crowd to make something

Question, has anyone translated the item and special lists yet? The specials I can see just by test, but not so much the items.

AJS

• Danmakufu Scripter
Am I the only one who suspects that tons more spell and skill cards are going to be added in the future, like there are in Hisoutensoku?  I mean, there's so much room on the skill/spell card page that makes the current listing look downright puny.  It gives me the impression that there will be more soon enough.

Anybody know how to apply patch, i have  the link set to where the game is installed but when i click the button to run some error pops up (not sure). Help?

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
  • Just chilling like a hermit.
Anybody know how to apply patch, i have  the link set to where the game is installed but when i click the button to run some error pops up (not sure). Help?
Apply the patch without Japanese locale from what I'm getting from the other posts here.
My danmakucopter goes pew pew pew!

Check out my newb PAD box it's a thing right?

Apply the patch without Japanese locale from what I'm getting from the other posts here.

Ahhh, alright thx!

Zork787

• Mami Mami Mamizou~
  • Her tail is so fluffy~
Well, I noticed that in shinto her A attacks spread in a wide pattern, and her S smoke cloud stays around her at first, then spreads out. Buddhist her A attacks just spin around right in front of her, and the cloud just surrounds her on the right and left. Taoists A shoots out very fast, and S spins around her widely. Neutral A just sends out a few shots and the Cloud just puffs around her.

I do find that her special moves don't really change depending on the direction you set it, which is different from most characters. Only her Danmaku animal and the Umbrella attack seems to be effected by direction, as far as I can tell.

Which Specials do you think are great for her? I love her ROcket Racoon Log Trap move, and her Stone statue move. I also find the lamp with homing projectiles really good. The even circle back around to hit the foe.

The only skills I've seen that are affected by direction are the Parasol skill and Animal Danmaku Skill,  Setting the Parasol to back will have it appear behind Mamizou, setting it to up or down will have it appear in front of her and setting it to forward will have it appear a good distance from her but still in front of her.

Setting the animal Danmaku to forward or back will have it appear as a frog that moves in a straight line in front of Mamizou, hopping while it moves and setting it to up or down will change it to a Rabbit that bounces off the edges of the screen, if set to up it will move upwards first and setting it to down will make it move downwards.

That's the only Skill's that seem to be effected by direction that Mamizou has that I've seen so far.

Also Mamizou's skills and spell cards have been translated on the Wiki now http://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Hopeless_Masquerade/Spell_Cards/Mamizou_Futatsuiwa

Am I the only one who suspects that tons more spell and skill cards are going to be added in the future, like there are in Hisoutensoku?  I mean, there's so much room on the skill/spell card page that makes the current listing look downright puny.  It gives me the impression that there will be more soon enough.

I'm hoping this happens too

You can? I only saw you could change what alignment she was, not what specials were on each.

The game is early, and I have seen few great fight videos or combo videos. People are still experimenting. Since I doubt the US FGC will even give this game a chance(I sent the news to a few websites and not one has published it :| ) we need to wait for the japanese crowd or the kinda small US touhou fighting crowd to make something

Question, has anyone translated the item and special lists yet? The specials I can see just by test, but not so much the items.

They prolly don't think that the Touhou Fighters can be taken seriously or played competitively or something stupid like that, which we all know is a load of.... Bill take it for me~
« Last Edit: May 28, 2013, 07:53:16 PM by Zork787 »

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
Ahhh, alright thx!
No problem, and time to see if I can get in the mood of practicing with the character's spells.

@AJS:  That would make story mode a bit more rewarding along side unlocking other stuff.  :derp:

Zork787

• Mami Mami Mamizou~
  • Her tail is so fluffy~
By the way, what's the extraction tool that's been used to extract the music and sprites from the game anyway as I would LOVE to get a download link for it if possible

commandercool

• alter cool
Just installed 1.02, and I also had the problem where it wouldn't install properly in Japanese region mode, but did in English. Looks like it was replacing the slashes in the address with some kind of Japanese character. May have worked if I had entered the address manually, but navigating to it still caused it to fail.

Can anyone confirm if it still has that crashing problem at the last boss in English compatibility after this patch?

Edit: Nevermind, yes, crashing at the last boss still happens outside of Japanese region.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2013, 10:50:24 PM by commandercool »
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

I don't mean to stir up any confusion but I installed it with Japanese locale. Maybe it differs from computer to computer or something.  :derp:

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
I don't mean to stir up any confusion but I installed it with Japanese locale. Maybe it differs from computer to computer or something.  :derp:
Huh... I guess this means that some of our computers process the patch differently than others.  :V
No harm done Hinacle.

Maybe a little unlikely, but I'm betting some computers aren't correctly using the ¥ as a \, then. I don't believe everyone who had this problem has posted what system they were trying to install it to. Some of you did but I can't really pin down the cause yet.

I still haven't patched yet so I can't confirm if it's working correctly on Windows Vista or not.

Zork787

• Mami Mami Mamizou~
  • Her tail is so fluffy~
Just uploaded another Mamizou video, this time against Lunatic AI Futo and yeah, screw Futo's Heavy Physical Tornado and Plate Spam lol :V

And yeah, when installing the patch, don't install it with applocale, just install it like normal since the patch will have the yen¥ symbol instead of \ in the address bar as Japanese computers use the Yen¥ symbol instead of the \ that English computer's use since if you change your keyboard to a Japanese IME, you'll find that they're bound to the same key.

commandercool

• alter cool
Maybe a little unlikely, but I'm betting some computers aren't correctly using the ¥ as a \, then. I don't believe everyone who had this problem has posted what system they were trying to install it to. Some of you did but I can't really pin down the cause yet.

I still haven't patched yet so I can't confirm if it's working correctly on Windows Vista or not.

Mine was on Windows 8.

And yeah, when installing the patch, don't install it with applocale, just install it like normal since the patch will have the yen¥ symbol instead of \ in the address bar as Japanese computers use the Yen¥ symbol instead of the \ that English computer's use since if you change your keyboard to a Japanese IME, you'll find that they're bound to the same key.

Interesting. Seems consistent with what I saw. Makes sense.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 12:42:49 AM by commandercool »
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
Just uploaded another Mamizou video, this time against Lunatic AI Futo and yeah, screw Futo's Heavy Physical Tornado and Plate Spam lol :V

Even on Normal Futo's AI IS fricking annoying with the plates and Tornados, but I gotta say the way you kept nailing her down with Mamizou's wall drop was funny.

Just a note, I was able to install 1.02 without changing any of my settings. maybe because I didn't use Applocal to change to Japanes, but the Windows 7 option to do that

That Lunatic Futo was dumb as well. Never broke a single plate, haha

Zork787

• Mami Mami Mamizou~
  • Her tail is so fluffy~
Just a note, I was able to install 1.02 without changing any of my settings. maybe because I didn't use Applocal to change to Japanes, but the Windows 7 option to do that

That Lunatic Futo was dumb as well. Never broke a single plate, haha

Yeah, though that's because the AI in general DOESN'T USE SPECIAL ATTACKS OR SPELL CARD!

And you wonder why the AI is so easy to beat with a bit of practice, heck maybe they'd actually HAVE some challenge outside of story mode if they did lol

Yeah, though that's because the AI in general DOESN'T USE SPECIAL ATTACKS OR SPELL CARD!

And you wonder why the AI is so easy to beat with a bit of practice, heck maybe they'd actually HAVE some challenge outside of story mode if they did lol
Yeah, I really wish they were harder. Hope someone will try to make some downloadable AI. That one from Hisouten/Soku is really fun.
Can we ask Tasofro to make it harder? They should be able to do it with a patch.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
The ooooonly change in Koishi from faith that I can see is on her basic danmaku, and whether or not she can charge moves (bhuddist). Koishi movecharging is interesting because she gets to charge them ahead of time. I love charged Lightbulb. The AI doesn't seem to really use the other strong melee intelligently enough to ever want them queued, though... her downwards one has interesting movement implications, though.

I don't really see -any- use in long range basic danmaku for Koishi, and as far as I can tell it has zero effect on her specials, so I've been using Bhuddist; the new version of her basic danmaku is so much better this way, I think, it's fabulous. If I'm at close-but-not-melee range and worried about anything I just start spamming it, and it usually works out.

Need to watch Gpop's video a few times and figure out how to actually chain my basic attacks consistently. I keep getting bodied by that darn Nitori loop. I should probably test serious use of Growing Pains too, since I've only been using the other 5 skillcards... I had dropped growing pain in exchange for a spare slot to throw a bhuddism card into.

If her specials change at all from faiths (Or, heck anything apart from Growing Pains changing from direction other then the small rotation difference Gpop noted on the laser) I'd love to know since I could be missing out.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Zork787

• Mami Mami Mamizou~
  • Her tail is so fluffy~
Question, what do you guys think of teh Timer in HM?, do you like it? Not like it? or not bothered either way? as well as your argument as to why there should be no timer like there was in IaMP, SWR and Soku.

And do you guys think guarding is more or less punishing in HM than it was in Soku

Personally, I actually like the timer since it stop's matches going on for 5+ Minutes when the opponent decides to stay on the defensive and constantly move around and you just hope Typhoon happens sooner rather than later and yeah i do think guarding is more punishing in HM since  the more you guard, the less spirit you have overall and the less attacks you can do overall and will probably throw off your timing's and make you unable to do any proper combos until it recharges which takes a while, forcing you to either stall until it does, or suffer a guard break which despite fully replenishing your Spirit Gauge, will most likely completely screw you over as the opponent will probably combo you till the dogs come home when that happens (or you get stunned :V)

But yeah, that's pretty much my opinion on the matter, though I don't really know much about fighting game's in general really /shrug

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
Finally got around to this. My favorite part is how Rin's background animation is the Johnny Bravo-esque dance from Damnit Koishi Just Turn Your Head.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"