Author Topic: Touhou 13.5 東方心綺楼 Hopeless Masquerade - I'm hopelessly in love  (Read 470842 times)

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
  • Just chilling like a hermit.
I used Reimu's Shinto deck, to beat her story mode since it seems to have a bit more zoning on it and plus I could get off a few Fantasy Seals.
My danmakucopter goes pew pew pew!

Check out my newb PAD box it's a thing right?

I've been running in Japanese Locale and I've yet to crash. At all.

E: Read the rest of the thread, question was answered.
Correct. I did a playthrough myself as well with Marisa and had no crash. I have to run the game in Japanese local as otherwise the dialogues are completely messed up.
What's weird is that mine never crashed, not even with Koishi, unless I apply the patch. What does it fix anyway? I don't find any bug that's noteworthy.

Though the AI isn't much, playing story mode in Lunatic get's really hard sometimes(damn Reimu, and Kokoro's last spell is tough).

Metaflare

• Happening Cat of the Middle of Nowhere
  • Welp is not a good nickname
What's weird is that mine never crashed, not even with Koishi, unless I apply the patch. What does it fix anyway? I don't find any bug that's noteworthy.

im surprised you're asking this considering the post that answers this question is only a little below the ones you quoted:

The crash is caused by Koishi's rose vine special, and only if you have patched.

(Note: if you don't patch, Futo becomes basically unplayable instead because her heavy bullets don't leave plates and she's missing various other improvement tweaks as well, so this isn't a viable solution)

For what it's worth, I patched and have never had any problems with Koishi. All her spells work fine. Unfortunately this means I can't tell you the solution.

Validon98

• Deathguard Night Sparrow
  • Harbingers, yo.
Okay, I'm apparently not used enough to Byakuren, because man, is Kokoro giving me a HARD time. I've already used three continues, one on Mamizou and two on her. I just don't get how her last spell is physically possible. Help? ;~;
Derping at Touhou since June 2012, derping at RPing Touhou since Feburary 2013.

Devil of Decline Partial English Gameplay Patch!
Let's Play Nightmare of Rebellion!

commandercool

• alter cool
I patched and got the crash on Koishi (set to Japanese locale as well). Having trouble figuring out what's going on without translations, but I've barely spent any time with the game yet so I'm sure I'll work some of it out. Nitori's looking like my favorite so far, although I haven't unlocked Mamizou yet and I really like what little I've seen of her.
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

im surprised you're asking this considering the post that answers this question is only a little below the ones you quoted:
Well, I wrote this yesterday, fell asleep, and post it in the morning without realizing there's already 59 replies....
Kinda stupid, really.

For what it's worth, I patched and have never had any problems with Koishi. All her spells work fine. Unfortunately this means I can't tell you the solution.
Did the vine one didn't make it crash? It's getting even harder to figure out...

Oh yeah, can anyone explain to me how to netplay? I don't understand what I'm supposed to do.

LadyScarlet

• Too lazy to make this a gif right now
  • Still scumming for a good pull
Kokoro's second and third spells.

How. D8
My Youtube Channel. I mostly upload Hisoutensoku videos.

2nd spell: Just wait for the fiery master spark to pass you, and then graze on the opposite direction it's going to.  Alternatively, just try standing behind her.

3rd spell:  This one is a bit tricky, the attack itself is unblockable and ungrazable, so you have to dodge it the old fashioned way, moving left and right throughout the screen until she lands.  Punish her with one or two combos, rinse and repeat.  You need, above all, patience to get this spellcard without dying or "bombing".

On a sidenote, I'm surprised.  I played some netplay earlier today and goodness, Koishi is actually good/fun to play as!  I'm surprised since I expected her to be an awful character after playing one or two matches with her yesterday.

Kokoro's second and third spells.

How. D8
The second spell is the dragon mask, right? You just hit her between fire waves? You can just block the fire. Or graze it, if you're feeling frisky. There's a pretty long gap between them.

Her third spell is the fox mask? Try to stay under the side she just went towards. This will make her spawn over your head and go away from you (on Normal anyway). It can be kind of slow if you don't have a reliable way to hit her from super-far away (and aren't good enough to combo her to death during the brief break) so I usually save my spellcards for this phase.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2013, 03:18:35 AM by Clarste »

LadyScarlet

The second spell is the dragon mask, right? You just hit her between fire waves? You can just block the fire. Or graze it, if you're feeling frisky. There's a pretty long gap between them.

Her third spell is the fox mask? Try to stay under the side she just went towards. This will make her spawn over your head and go away from you (on Normal anyway). It can be kind of slow if you don't have a reliable way to hit her from super-far away (and aren't good enough to combo her to death during the brief break) so I usually save my spellcards for this phase.
Wait, does going down allow you to graze? I think I saw that in a video, and that would really help on the 2nd spell.

I beat Kokoro's story. Frickin' amazing. The final fight was just sooooo much fun.
Incase anyone is wondering the fight order in her story goes:
Spoiler:
Ichirin
Nitori
Koishi
Futo
Marisa
Mamizou
Reimu, Byakuren, and Miko (AT THE SAME FUCKING TIME o/ [Well, Reimu handles the segments inbetween the spellcards and then they team up during the spellcards. Don't even get me started on how awesome the last spell was.])
I can't wait until she gets patched in.
E: Aw, I wanted to attach the replay.

LadyScarlet

Maybe upload it to Mediafire or something? I want to watch the replay. I think I'll main Kokoro once she's patched in. 8D

Wait, does going down allow you to graze? I think I saw that in a video, and that would really help on the 2nd spell.
Sometimes, but it's a bit more reliable to just go diagonal forward. Also puts you next to her for attacking afterwards.

Also, Byakuren can just dash straight forward and graze the entire thing face on.

Maybe upload it to Mediafire or something? I want to watch the replay. I think I'll main Kokoro once she's patched in. 8D

Proof (just in case if someone asks)
Here you go~

Now to do a normal clear.

LadyScarlet

Sometimes, but it's a bit more reliable to just go diagonal forward. Also puts you next to her for attacking afterwards.

Also, Byakuren can just dash straight forward and graze the entire thing face on.
Thing is, I haven't beat Story Mode with either Reimu or Marisa yet because of those two spells.

Sage Ω (Ultima)

• CEO at Team Eternal Desire
  • ??? X
How did you guys get Kokoro's story? Cheat Engine or something?

Validon98

• Harbingers, yo.
So wait, it is possible to get Kokoro? Do you just beat all of the other stories? Because I thought people said they couldn't unlock her in Story Mode... can anyone please explain to me how she can be played in story yet people are saying they can't unlock her? That makes no sense...
EDIT: I mean, I know she can't be played in anything but story, but I thought people said they couldn't even get her story. How does that work if people are able to do the story mode? I'm confused...

Proof (just in case if someone asks)
Here you go~

Now to do a normal clear.
I see you discovered my love of her spear.

So wait, it is possible to get Kokoro? Do you just beat all of the other stories? Because I thought people said they couldn't unlock her in Story Mode... can anyone please explain to me how she can be played in story yet people are saying they can't unlock her? That makes no sense...
EDIT: I mean, I know she can't be played in anything but story, but I thought people said they couldn't even get her story. How does that work if people are able to do the story mode? I'm confused...
I just beat all the other stories.

Validon98

• Harbingers, yo.
Huh. I thought someone said that they beat all of the stories and yet couldn't play Kokoro's... huh. That's weird. Maybe I misread whatever I read, I don't know. Whatever the case, I still have to beat Byakuren's story before doing the others.
This is going to suck massively.

PhantomSong

• The Ghost Living through Everyday Life.
  • Eh, it doesn't matter.

This is going to be fun...  :derp:

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
  • Just chilling like a hermit.
Just gotten through with Byakuren on Normal story mode... BAH I say the final spell card Kokoro has can be a pain especially when you're stuck throwing Vajaras at her ALL day long while grazing.  :V
My danmakucopter goes pew pew pew!

Check out my newb PAD box it's a thing right?

I see you discovered my love of her spear.

The best part about her.

This is going to be fun...  :derp:

It hurts when you get to 100% popularity and can't do anything about it.   :V
I kept doing the command out of habit.

Amraphenson

• The problem is, you're a friend that likes to talk!
  • ...well, I am too!
Honestly I just swap to the rocket vajra skill, and then bosses are pretty easy to just snipe if I can't melee them for 70% of their HP to begin with.
Sugoiiii~
[23:02] <~Iced> You have sown the seeds of your own destruction Amra.
[23:20] <Stuffman> enjoy your personally crafted hell Amra

Validon98

• Harbingers, yo.
I swear, Kokoro's last spell with Byakuren is damn near impossible. This is the first time I've made it to her without continuing, and guess what? THERE GOES ANOTHER 1CC!
Fuck that last spell. Fuck it to eternity.

If you're patient you can just throw knives at her forever. All her bullets allow yours to pass through. Of course the stupid way I did it was constantly try to dash under her and do ^B.

Validon98

• Harbingers, yo.
Welp, I finally fricking did it. I almost lost AGAIN while she was close to dying. I swear, I'm never playing with Byakuren after this. The concept of the stances is nice and her moves are pretty powerful, but the lack of a good ranged option makes her not really great in Story Mode.
Let's try Koishi now and see how much of a trainwreck that'll be (hopefully not TOO bad...).
EDIT: By that I meant in Story Mode. I might still give her a shot in VS Com and in netplay, but I'm definitely not maining her, that's for sure.

Mind pulse!

Validon98

• Harbingers, yo.
OH HEY THE ROSE SPELLS DON'T WORK FOR ME EITHER WHAT A SHOCK!
Also, I'm confused by her gimmick. Do you input the commands and then she does them on her own or something?

OH HEY THE ROSE SPELLS DON'T WORK FOR ME EITHER WHAT A SHOCK!
Also, I'm confused by her gimmick. Do you input the commands and then she does them on her own or something?

I think on her own. I have to no clue tbh. Playing Koishi story mode was kinda painful for me. Not as painful as Nitori, but still painful.