Author Topic: Touhou 13.5 東方心綺楼 Hopeless Masquerade - I'm hopelessly in love  (Read 470840 times)

Wait so no Meiling in any backgrounds?

DLC CHAR TASOFRO PLS

Kokoro has a story mode. Cuc or Clarste unlocked it I believe. It's... buggy. Heck, unlocking it is probably a bug. You can't even equip any special moves on her or use her in any other mode. But the actual storyline is there.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
Wait so no Meiling in any backgrounds?

DLC CHAR TASOFRO PLS

.. How did I miss China? I guess I assumed she was on the Hakurei stage with the rest of the SDM?

Also Flandre.

Why did I just automatically assume the whole SDM was on the Hakurei stage and not even look? I'M A MORON. I shoulda gone to sleep like 2 hours ago anyway but 2hu news is keeping me up @_@

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Validon98

• Deathguard Night Sparrow
  • Harbingers, yo.
Kokoro has a story mode. Cuc or Clarste unlocked it I believe. It's... buggy. Heck, unlocking it is probably a bug. You can't even equip any special moves on her or use her in any other mode. But the actual storyline is there.

Wait, what? Source, please? I mean, I knew she had a story mode, but I didn't know it was UNLOCKABLE.
Derping at Touhou since June 2012, derping at RPing Touhou since Feburary 2013.

Devil of Decline Partial English Gameplay Patch!
Let's Play Nightmare of Rebellion!

flandre isn't in any backgrounds because it would make no sense for her to be in any stage short of "sdm basement". i doubt they'll add her as playable

also flan hasn't appeared in any game ever since stb :V

Wait, what? Source, please? I mean, I knew she had a story mode, but I didn't know it was UNLOCKABLE.

Cuc or Clarste (forget which one. Not my fault! Their names both begin with C!) stated they did it in the tvtropes forum and even what the story is. I assume it's a bug to unlock in the first place.  Too bad, since like the other fighting games, it seems to contain the finale to the story (Kokoro's final boss and ending makes for a neat finale to the religious war, too, I think. Well, what was mentioned of it)
« Last Edit: May 27, 2013, 12:30:44 AM by Tiamat »

Validon98

• Harbingers, yo.
...And that's not helpful because the Touhou forum on TVTropes is so long and hard to dig through that I'd probably take forever to find. Great...

...And that's not helpful because the Touhou forum on TVTropes is so long and hard to dig through that I'd probably take forever to find. Great...

Yep. Sorry. If I remembered the page number, I'd give it to you. Well, I'll spoiler what I can remember about it, though it'd be hilarious if my memory was wrong and it was another poster posting fake lies. Pretty sure it was someone reliable like Cuc or Clarste, though.

Warning: Storyline spoilers that may or may not be true depending on faulty memory of mine based on something someone else said! Hopefully whoever it was doesn't mind me reposting my paraphrased memory version of it here.

Spoiler:
Only Kokoro's normal moves are accessible since you can't equip anything, but they're good enough to get the job done. The final boss is Byakuren, Miko, AND Reimu tag-teaming against you, and the ending has Kokoro put on a performance for them which they all enjoy.

Validon98

• Harbingers, yo.
Ah, I FINALLY found it. Yeah, it was Clarste. Your description was dead-on, by the way.

Lukesky180

• Knight of the Hungry Ghost
  • Yuyuko-sama!
    • HSE-Endeavor's Robotics Team
Final Boss sounds epic.  :V
>This is the little mistress.
>Oh, hello little one!
Is this my dream, the destiny to behold?
~Sister of Scarlet~

Yea. Personally I find the idea of
Spoiler:
all three of the major religious big shots... well, besides Kanako, of course, teaming up against the final boss and then enjoying her performance together
to be a nice Touhou-esque way to end the story arc, myself, although of course I can't say for sure since I don't know the finer details of the in-game story.

That sounds like the perfect ending to a Touhou game.

Oh man, futo is nuts. placing her dishes alters all her mives, giving her some insane movesets and conbos and even impossible escapes

I dunno if anyone has already figured this out, but you can have custom profile icons by adding 32x32 .bmp files into the icon folder :]
« Last Edit: May 27, 2013, 01:31:42 AM by Suikama »

Kingault

• Insert witty description here.
I dunno if anyone has already figured this out, but you can have custom profile icons by adding 32x32 .bmp files into the icon folder :]

Oh, that's awesome.
Thanks.

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
Is there a transparent-background picture of Miko's sparkly cut-in posted anywhere yet? That pose is absolutely fabulous.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Oh man, futo is nuts. placing her dishes alters all her mives, giving her some insane movesets and conbos and even impossible escapes

She is nuts. Take the time to set up on Mamizou and Final Boss and my god, she takes out more than half their health with 5 plates on the field and her fireball attack. She's my favorite character so far.

only problem here is that people online shouldn't be able to see them (unless there's some mechanic i don't know of)

kind of wish they had added some more icons since the demo.

only problem here is that people online shouldn't be able to see them (unless there's some mechanic i don't know of)

kind of wish they had added some more icons since the demo.
well since you can only netplay with people you can have contact with to trade ip addresses you can just give them your icons too :V

Sanger Zonvolt

• Sword That Cleaves Evil
Nitori combos are too fun.

Waga Zankantou ni tatenu mono nashi!

LadyScarlet

• Too lazy to make this a gif right now
  • Still scumming for a good pull
Meh, I prefer comboing with Futo and Koishi.

Speaking of favorites, surprising absolutely no one, my favorite character is this BAMF right here:

She's so badass, she was banned from the fighting tournament and had to sit in the background!
My Youtube Channel. I mostly upload Hisoutensoku videos.

highzealot

• The Highly Zealous Let's Playing Wolf Lord
  • Suika and Russ: Ultimate Drinking Buddies
Has anyone figured out how to unlock Kokoro outside of story mode? Apparently just beating her story mode isn't the requirement though I do have to say her final level is badass but not having spell cards is tough.

Validon98

• Harbingers, yo.
As far as we know, unlocking the story mode itself was a bug. Maybe. I haven't beaten all of the story modes yet, though, so I can't say for sure.

Quwanti

• Pixel stuff
Is there a transparent-background picture of Miko's sparkly cut-in posted anywhere yet? That pose is absolutely fabulous.
http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/1572/fabulouse.png Here ya go.
Totally ignoring the fact that she has 4 toes.

LadyScarlet

• Too lazy to make this a gif right now
  • Still scumming for a good pull
Actually, she has five: there's a faint line on the end of her foot signifying her small toe.
My Youtube Channel. I mostly upload Hisoutensoku videos.

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
Beeyooteeful. Many thanks.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

That Miko pose is made of Win.

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
  • Just chilling like a hermit.
Finally got used to the controls and managed to get payback on
Spoiler:
Mamizou
with Reimu!
So far: I think I'm getting used to Reimu's first deck while Marisa's Dark Blue deck is BEAST I managed to cheap shot a few bosses!
Now... to decide whose story mode to do next... Miko or Byakuren...
Edit: FABULOUS!
My danmakucopter goes pew pew pew!

Check out my newb PAD box it's a thing right?

Finally got used to the controls and managed to get payback on
Spoiler:
Mamizou
with Reimu!
So far: I think I'm getting used to Reimu's first deck while Marisa's Dark Blue deck is BEAST I managed to cheap shot a few bosses!
Now... to decide whose story mode to do next... Miko or Byakuren...
Edit: FABULOUS!
I did all my clears with the default Taoist deck for everyone, because being able to sit back and spam penetrating shots trivializes a lot of spellcards. Then again I did most of the game on Easy/Normal just to get through them all faster so maybe there are better strategies. Buddhism seems strong in melee, but a lot of boss spellcards make melee annoying to do. And Shinto is just kinda eh. I guess maybe that would work well on other players who might try to dodge or something.