Author Topic: Touhou 13.5 東方心綺楼 Hopeless Masquerade - I'm hopelessly in love  (Read 471069 times)

- People reported crashing, such as with the final boss. The final boss crash can be avoided by running the game in Japanese Local (unconfirmed)

I've been running in Japanese Locale and I've yet to crash. At all.

E: Read the rest of the thread, question was answered.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2013, 08:40:07 PM by Hinacle »

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
Correct. I did a playthrough myself as well with Marisa and had no crash. I have to run the game in Japanese local as otherwise the dialogues are completely messed up.

Amraphenson

• The problem is, you're a friend that likes to talk!
  • ...well, I am too!
http://www.twitch.tv/amraphenson/c/2336347
http://www.twitch.tv/amraphenson/c/2336294

I woke up and streamed HM immediately. highlights from the stream, and spoilers for story mode.
Sugoiiii~
[23:02] <~Iced> You have sown the seeds of your own destruction Amra.
[23:20] <Stuffman> enjoy your personally crafted hell Amra

Validon98

• Deathguard Night Sparrow
  • Harbingers, yo.
No crashes here. My brother has been playing on Easy and got the first two pairs of characters' stories done, all without problems. Of course, my laptop is in perma-Japanese locale due to not wanting to have to deal with AppLocale nonsense.
Derping at Touhou since June 2012, derping at RPing Touhou since Feburary 2013.

Devil of Decline Partial English Gameplay Patch!
Let's Play Nightmare of Rebellion!

fondue

• excuse me
I fixed the problem; made an applocale shortcut with administrator only on it. Hele-sama, you might want to add this to the main post.
e: Also, please keep Reimu's purple amulets in the left slot in the deck customization in the menu. They're OP~
« Last Edit: May 26, 2013, 10:18:44 PM by ☯The Embodiment of fondue☯ »

byakuren gameplay guide used by top-level professionals [MLG]

I read that the game was crashing when playing as Koishi, but I've never had that problem so far. Can't seem to find the post though (a little busy atm, so yes, I didn't look very hard) was there a specific cause for the crash? It's not happening at all.

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
The crash is caused by Koishi's rose vine special, and only if you have patched.

(Note: if you don't patch, Futo becomes basically unplayable instead because her heavy bullets don't leave plates and she's missing various other improvement tweaks as well, so this isn't a viable solution)

Metaflare

• Happening Cat of the Middle of Nowhere
  • Welp is not a good nickname
one of her rose attacks crashes the game. seems to be a universal thing so you prolly just haven't stumbled upon it yet

Ah, only if you have it patched? That explains it, I wasn't going to bother patching until I found what the problem was (just curious) and

(Note: if you don't patch, Futo becomes basically unplayable instead because her heavy bullets don't leave plates and she's missing various other improvement tweaks as well, so this isn't a viable solution)

Apparently I've just found my answer.

Well if I had to choose from playable Koishi + nonworking Futo, or working Futo + crashing Koishi... Both options aren't that great but I'll stick with unpatched for now I guess :derp:

Edit: Oh and thanks for the quick reply, guys.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2013, 10:34:11 PM by SirBlueberry »

SeasideCharizard

• Mysterious Flying Donation Box
So I got my copy, blazed through Marisa and Reimu's stories (but damn, Mamizou's Night Parade is crazy), no crashes.
I got the final boss crash after the credits of Miko's story, though that might be an unrelated crash since I haven't crashed during the actual gameplay.

BTWIfYou'rePlayingReimu
YoukaiBusterGodlikeOPTier

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
  • Just chilling like a hermit.
Gah the controls seem to be a bit wonky for me to get used too... so embarrassing... to lose a life on stage 1.  :ohdear:
I will learn how to play... I just need to get used to the whole game and remember I AM NOT PLAYING SWR OR HISOU!  :getdown:
My danmakucopter goes pew pew pew!

Check out my newb PAD box it's a thing right?

AnonymousPondScum

I will learn how to play... I just need to get used to the whole game and remember I AM NOT PLAYING SWR OR HISOU!  :getdown:

The way I adjusted was by concluding that it was a fighting game that felt like a flight simulator. :V

Sage Ω (Ultima)

• CEO at Team Eternal Desire
  • ??? X
Anyone got a translation of the deck set up for Byakuren?

Anyone got a translation of the deck set up for Byakuren?

Yeah, I hope someone can translate the moves. Byakuren has given me the most trouble... other then Koishi...

Now, I don't have the patch... I think, but I have not see one crash yet.

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
  • Just chilling like a hermit.
URGH... how does the monster parade spell card work... it's so weird... I thought it was based on where
Spoiler:
Mamizou
was, but somehow I end up one way or the other get trampled by the parade even if I moved out of the way. :(
« Last Edit: May 26, 2013, 11:35:34 PM by MewMewHeart »
My danmakucopter goes pew pew pew!

Check out my newb PAD box it's a thing right?

which characters haven't shown up in any backgrounds yet?

Sanger Zonvolt

• Sword That Cleaves Evil
Anyone want to netplay?  :3

I'll be in the sokumaidens IRC if anyone wants to play.

http://webchat.ppirc.net/?channels=sokumaidens

Waga Zankantou ni tatenu mono nashi!

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
From the stream recording, the characters on each of the new stages seems to be:

Youkai Mountain - Sanae, Suwako, Kanako, Aya, Hatate, Hina, Nameless Kappas, Aki Sisters
Tao Temple - Yoshika, Seiga, Komachi, Eiki, Primsrivers, Youmu, Yuyuko, Soga
Earth Spirit Palace - Utusho, Rin, Satori, Parsee [This amused me for some reason, seeing as both are rather hated], tons of animals
Forest[?] - Sunny, Luna, Star, Cirno, Lilly White, Utusho, Rin, Aki Sisters, Shou, Satori, Sanae, Kyouko, Suwako, Kogasa, Tenshi, Iku, Hina, Wriggle, Parsee [OK what are you of all doing above ground?]
Night Forest - Tanukis
Final Stage - Humans
Planquin Ship: + Tenshi and Iku
Futo's stage - Letty [?!], Yuuka, Rumia, Sunny, Luna, Star, Cirno [With Letty ofc], Medicine, Mystia, Wriggle, Lilly White
Myouren: Shou, Kyouko, Kogasa, Nameless humans/youkai, Aya, Hatate

Post PC-98 characters who do not appear: Momiji, Yorihime, Toyohime, Kotesu, Reisen II Lilly Black, Yamane, Kisume *

Apparently Momiji, Yamane and Kisume are hated and forgotten. [Lilly Black may or may not be Lilly White]

Also a few other crowd things of note:

1: Apparently Letty doesn't vanish when it's not Winter anymore. In fact, her and Lilly can exist at the same time, apparently.
2: Sanae is pretty much the only crowd character other than Yuugi with a visible bust. She's also pretty tall, and looks early 20's tbh now. I find this particularly interesting considering the likes of Yuuka and Komachi seem rather flat. Of course, characters further in the background are harder to tell than with Sanae... who's in the forreground. And bouncing up and down. DAMNIT SANAE. Oh, and Nitori's flat despite her being one of few characters to ever have any bust at all in ZUNART.
3: Rumia apparently has better control of her powers. She's not made everything dark.
4: Kogasa is still moe.
5: Apparently relations with below ground have got to the stage where Satori can come above ground and not be lynch-mobbed for mind reading powers and being a Satori. Not to mention Parsee...
« Last Edit: May 26, 2013, 11:47:42 PM by Raikaria »

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Validon98

• Harbingers, yo.
Haha, not until I understand more about the controls. Plus I still have to work on my Soku skills, so... yeah. ^^;
Cut: None of the people in the forest stage are real. They're merely illusions, from what I understand.

LadyScarlet

• Too lazy to make this a gif right now
  • Still scumming for a good pull
I noticed Yamame at the very top of the Palace of the Earth Spirits stage. She's hard to notice-- move each player to the screen borders and look above Player 1's lifebar.
My Youtube Channel. I mostly upload Hisoutensoku videos.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
Haha, not until I understand more about the controls. Plus I still have to work on my Soku skills, so... yeah. ^^;
Cut: None of the people in the forest stage are real. They're merely illusions, from what I understand.

Well they're all repeats anyway, but I don't think they're illusions. Mamizou can't do that. It's probobly a legitimate crowd drawn to watch the fight beteen 'Miko/Byakuren' and whoever the protag is.

I noticed Yamame at the very top of the Palace of the Earth Spirits stage. She's hard to notice-- move each player to the screen borders and look above Player 1's lifebar.

OK, that's one less. Maybe Kisume is in the other corner?

I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.

Validon98

• Harbingers, yo.
That's doesn't explain their sudden disappearance at the end of the fight, though.
Also, it isn't always Miko or Byakuren. My brother was playing as Byakuren and she fights "Reimu," while Miko fights... herself. I thought Byakuren would fight "herself," but I guess not.
EDIT: They could very well be the tanukis you see in the night forest, though. That could be it.

2: Sanae is pretty much the only crowd character other than Yuugi with a visible bust. She's also pretty tall, and looks early 20's tbh now. I find this particularly interesting considering the likes of Yuuka and Komachi seem rather flat. Of course, characters further in the background are harder to tell than with Sanae... who's in the forreground. And bouncing up and down. DAMNIT SANAE. Oh, and Nitori's flat despite her being one of few characters to ever have any bust at all in ZUNART.
new fighting game full of content comes out and the first thing you focus on is the size of the sprites' tits

Stay Classy Touhou Fandom :)

Well they're all repeats anyway, but I don't think they're illusions. Mamizou can't do that. It's probobly a legitimate crowd drawn to watch the fight beteen 'Miko/Byakuren' and whoever the protag is.

They're tanukis without the tails showing, I think. They all dissappear and then tanukis appear in their place.

Anyone want to netplay?  :3

I'll be in the sokumaidens IRC if anyone wants to play.

http://webchat.ppirc.net/?channels=sokumaidens

I would love to play Sanger, but I am still at my hotel in anime boston, and I know any online play I do will be horrible.

Kingault

• Insert witty description here.
Some characters fight "Miko", others fight others and I think one fights themselves... That might have been Miko, actually.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
That's doesn't explain their sudden disappearance at the end of the fight, though.
Also, it isn't always Miko or Byakuren. My brother was playing as Byakuren and she fights "Reimu," while Miko fights... herself. I thought Byakuren would fight "herself," but I guess not.
EDIT: They could very well be the tanukis you see in the night forest, though. That could be it.

Didn't watch the stream. Just checked the stages. OK, they vanish. Then ignore the whole Parsee/Satori point.

Some characters fight "Miko", others fight others and I think one fights themselves... That might have been Miko, actually.

It's Miko/Byakuren, whichever you didn't fight earlier in the story.

Do characters other than Reimu/Marisa have story modes?

Didn't watch the stream. Just checked the stages. OK, they vanish. Then ignore the whole Parsee/Satori point.

It's Miko/Byakuren, whichever you didn't fight earlier in the story.

Do characters other than Reimu/Marisa have story modes?

Seems like everyone has a story, I just played through Reimu, Marisa, Byakerin, and Miko. And I just unlocked everyone elses story. I am trying to unlock the not final boss.

Validon98

• Harbingers, yo.
All characters currently have a story mode except for Kokoro herself, because she hasn't been included as playable yet. Apparently she'll be patched in later.
Also, it's not always Miko or Byakuren. I already said Byakuren fights "Reimu" and Miko fights "Miko."