Author Topic: Touhou RPG - Unforgotten Story  (Read 1923 times)

UnendingEmpire

• Jack of all trades
  • Cultured Tastes Since 1994
Touhou RPG - Unforgotten Story
« on: August 02, 2013, 12:12:50 AM »
Well, I guess I should get on making this, haha.

For about a week now, I've had a game-in-progress (which has made pretty much zero progress, lol) sitting about on my desktop (which remains at home; not to be confused with my laptop which I go online with at a nearby public library) which is probably a lot different from all the other Touhou RPGs in this regard:
It's PC-98 characters almost exclusively, with the only Windows characters being those who would still be in Gensokyo by Mystic Square (Keine, Mokou, Yukari, to name three)

I just figured I should say something about it :) I'd upload a demo, but I currently have nothing but the character select screen, and I'm basically making nine different games to accommodate nine playable characters, each with their own different storyline.  Depending on the progress I make, I might put an itty-bitty demo up on Monday, but for now this is still in the process of being born.

Just figured I should bring it up ^_^

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
Re: Touhou RPG - Unforgotten Story
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2013, 12:20:12 AM »
Interesting concept, I like it. Out of curiosity, what software are you using to make it?

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

UnendingEmpire

• Jack of all trades
  • Cultured Tastes Since 1994
Re: Touhou RPG - Unforgotten Story
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2013, 05:51:46 PM »
RPG Maker VX Ace for design/programming/most of the stuff.
FL Studio 9 XL Producer for soundtrack.
I'm going to start learning Ruby for those things RPGM can't do, like a notepad feature.

I've got all my sprites (Pixiv; credit to Nishimura Mamio) and faces (Safebooru; Alphes's style though I'm almost certain the artist for all of them was Kaoru) but I would like to see if I can't find an artist willing to assist with the latter of those, so it's not chewing at the back of my head all day ^_^;
Would do it myself, but if I could draw anything decent, I wouldn't worry about it lol