Author Topic: Labyrinth of Touhou 2 - 17F  (Read 168899 times)

Re: Labyrinth of Touhou 2 - 17F
« Reply #570 on: May 28, 2018, 06:40:25 PM »
I have been able to cruise my way through the basement since around level 200 - but note that before going there, I farmed Ame-no-Murakumo to get maxxed out gems on nearly everybody, and those gems matter way more than I would have expected.

« Reply #571 on: May 28, 2018, 07:12:41 PM »
Now its Keine vs Akyuu vs Patchouli. All with mega MAG boost and 20 MAG gems, this time I also adjusted their experience (2837m) and library money (34k). Again, all synergies and damage boosts (including Akyuu's extra damage on weakness) are applied:
[attach=1]

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #572 on: May 28, 2018, 07:31:46 PM »
Observation notes
1.Keine matches Patchouli's Grand Incantation damage. This is a pretty good show that, even without max atk/mag history stacks, nuker Keine is an absolutely worthy idea if you run Mokou tank.
2.Akyuu has almost as much MAG as Patchouli. Base stat tweak+cheap library is powerful... plus Patchouli levels so slow, jeez. She's... never really seemed good in LoT2. I wouldn't even consider her without full sdm team.
3.Akyuu's damage is, uh? Middle and right enemy is almost TWICE damage. The other people don't have much variance :S I expected her to compare to patchouli based on the damage on far right.

#3 is the weird one. XD Like, I was expecting more like the far-right tier damage in general. That's the one that makes her look exciting and excellent.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

« Reply #573 on: May 28, 2018, 07:39:25 PM »
Oh yeah, the rightmost enemy has very low defences, while the middle enemy has relatively high defences, this is what generates so much variance.

« Reply #574 on: May 28, 2018, 07:44:15 PM »
Wait, how much HP does
Spoiler:
King of Chaos
have? Looks like it's getting melted from those numbers, isn't that a 2-3 shot or something on Akyuu's end?

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #575 on: May 28, 2018, 07:46:40 PM »
The thing is, Keine and Patchouli got 10~15% variance between middle and right, which is what you'd expect.

Akyuu got literally about 85% variance. wh-what? It's like she was wearing a Genji glove that procced on the rightmost enemy.

<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

« Reply #576 on: May 28, 2018, 08:02:24 PM »
Wait, how much HP does
Spoiler:
King of Chaos
have? Looks like it's getting melted from those numbers, isn't that a 2-3 shot or something on Akyuu's end?
Spoiler:
He has 666m HP, though he fully heals at about 80% HP so its effectively 800m .

The thing is, Keine and Patchouli got 10~15% variance between middle and right, which is what you'd expect.

Akyuu got literally about 85% variance. wh-what? It's like she was wearing a Genji glove that procced on the rightmost enemy.

I believe the middle enemy has about 10m MND (very approximate numbers), while the rightmost has almost none, so given that Akyuu has a 6.5 boost (5.5 from Grand Incantation x 1.16 from weakness boost), she gets 65m extra damage on him (and that's without the boost from the weakness itself). Meanwhile, Keine's damage is multiplied based on her own MAG, which is significantly lower and its only about 2.2 times (1.6 from her History Accumulation x 1.4 from Mokou), and the Herb of Awakening Boost doesn't exactly compare to Akyuu's incantation. Patchouli is in the middle since she gets a MAG boost from SDM (35% more MAG) and also a damage boost from Grand Incantation, but its only 2.4 so the difference isn't as significant. Again, all of this is very approximate by my part.

EDIT: 30m was a bit too high of an estimate by my part, seems to be closer to 10m.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2018, 08:43:22 PM by Libra »

« Reply #577 on: May 28, 2018, 09:24:45 PM »
Spoiler:
He has 666m HP, though he fully heals at about 80% HP so its effectively 800m .

That's relieving, seems like a fairly reasonable level of durability.

« Reply #578 on: May 28, 2018, 09:50:00 PM »
You can either go trough the Infinity Corridor to get more Greater Jewels of Awakening or defeat the Kedama Goddess if you haven't (this lets you pass through one of the rocks on f30). There's also bf11 if you haven't explored it yet. You eventually will have to grind levels though, and its recommended you do it on f30, since there's an area where a metal slime-type enemy spawns.

I somehow forgot about BF11 and Kedama Goddess
Exploring bf11 gave me lots of free exp points to level up (why though), so thank you

Validon98

• Deathguard Night Sparrow
  • Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #579 on: May 28, 2018, 11:23:00 PM »
Still curious about disabling spell animations, just have no idea where to begin to look to do so. In LoT2, I mean. I assume something with Cheat Engine, just not sure wheeeere to look. Also speedhack doesn't seem to like working with the game. :V
Derping at Touhou since June 2012, derping at RPing Touhou since Feburary 2013.

Devil of Decline Partial English Gameplay Patch!
Let's Play Nightmare of Rebellion!

« Reply #580 on: May 28, 2018, 11:40:28 PM »
OK, I finished writing up the e-mail I want to send 3peso. This is a summary of the details in it.

-Dragon God's Power's Divine Protection skills are nonfunctional.
-Akyuu's Miare's Great Knowledge also has the effect of Protecting Art of Wisdom.
-Shadow Kokoro has no sprite.
-Marisa's Hakkero Charge Mode does not increase the Hakkero Charge counter in the back.
-A bug that appears to increase a character's damage occurs when MP is reduced to less than 1.
-Sub equipment Lord of Robes' WND+128% effect is instead 1.28x the character's base WND affinity.

-Damage reducing effects also reduce the power of healing spells.
-Elemental damage increasing effects also increase the power of enemy healing effects.
-Koishi does not get Proof of Kinship.
-9f's additional area has an inaccessible item.
-No skill exists to increase WND damage, decrease NTR damage, or increase damage against Oni or Dragons.
-Eirin's Hourai Elixir and Magician's Magic Circuit gain no benefit from increasing the Slv.
-Kogasa's MP recovery is 32.
-Adversity's description says it is activated by status effects, but debuff effects also activate it.

-Add an additional effect to Keine's Impervious Formation Change.
-Buff the damage of Keine's Old History -Ancient History- and New History -Next History- spell cards.
-Add an effect for Youkai Mountain Alliance? and Four Devas of Mt. Ooe? to include members in the back.
-Buff the damage of Youmu's Slash of Eternity and Slash Clearing the Six Senses.
-Add an effect for Demarcation to Rumia's All-Covering Robe of Darkness.
-Buff Komachi's MAG.
-Buff the damage multiplier of Komachi's Scythe that Chooses the Dead.
-Nerf Nitori's ATK.
-Buff the TRR effect on Parsee's Grudge Returning.
-Add Resurrection to Kaguya's Awakening.
-Adjust Resurrection so that the character has a minimum of 1 HP.
-Buff the damage of Aya's Wind God's Fan.
-Change the effect for increasing Slv on Aya's Divine Grandson's Advent, and change the normal effect to set ATB to 20000.
-Increase the MP recovery of Mystia's Soothing Type?
-Remove the effect that removes status effects on Hina's Spinning More Than Usual.
-Make Hina's Role of Nagashi-bina easier to use with auxillary skills that buff the stats of the whole frontline.
-Make Hina's Sorrow of Exiled Dolls remove status effects from allies and place them on her.
-Adjust how character ATB becomes 0 when Satori uses Aya's Divine Grandson's Advent with Spell Card Recollection.
-Buff Patchouli's Asthma Relieving Medicine.
-Increase the postuse gauge amount on Reisen's Gas-Woven Orb.
-Slightly increase Iku's firepower.
-Buff Suwako's Ability to Create Earth.
-Add an HP increasing effect to Suwako's Chytrid Resistance.
-Increase the postuse gauge amount on Tenshi's State of Enlightenment.
-Add an additional effect to Tenshi's Keystone Formation.
-Remove the requirement of a status or debuff on Tenshi's Murakumo's Former Owner.
-Increase Yuyuko's firepower.
-Make Shou's Bishamonten's Rage easier to use.
-Buff the recovery power of Miko's Wishful Soul of Desire.
-Buff the damage of Kokoro's The Man of Qi Worries About the Earth.
-Adjust Kokoro's Emotion Mask effect to allow players to freely select masks.
-Increase the postuse gauge amount of Tokiko's The Count of Monte Cristo's Vengeance, Musketeer d'Artagnan's Recklessness, and The Future of Non-von Neumann Processors when not under Reading.
-Change Tokiko's Victim of Reimu and Marisa's Brutality to be an ATK + MAG effect.
-Change the effect of Tokiko's Thick Book Martial Arts to be ATK + DEF when not under Reading, and MAG + MND when under Reading.

-Greatly buff the damage of Iai Slash.
-Change the element of Aspiration Surge.
-Change Gambler's All or Nothing's demerit to be reducing HP while attacking.
-Buff Swordmaster and Archmage in general.
-Improve the effects of Ninja's Lacquered Stones and Roughneck's Wisdom.

-DEF and MND have a low effect in reducing damage, consequently buffs and other effects that increase DEF and MND have a low value.
-Characters with low HP have a hard time surviving VOI attacks, particularly against enemies with Space-Time Warp.
-There are many more useful subclass spells for ATK than there are MAG.
-Magic Sword Chaos has a very strong ATK increase, it is harder to increase MAG with sub equipment than ATK.

I've opted to omit some things (ideas I and others discussed) because I think they may be of lesser importance or too difficult to try to balance. I think I'll leave it at this, but if there's anything I should omit, please let me know. I don't want to suggest undesirable changes to 3peso. I would feel bad if something was changed as a result of my input and it wasn't wanted.

EDIT: Oh yeah, I forgot, adjust RNG. That one's important, so I'll add that.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2018, 11:50:12 PM by LonelyGaruga »

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #581 on: May 29, 2018, 12:08:11 AM »
Does Nitori's shop ever get new items in Plus, or should I blow some money for the treasure key achievement as soon as I feel like it?

« Reply #582 on: May 29, 2018, 12:37:55 AM »
You can find new craft recipes that unlock additional items for crafting, but for purchasing items with money, nothing is added at all.

« Reply #583 on: May 29, 2018, 01:45:39 AM »
If he changes Divine Grandson's Advent to always be 20000 ATB that'll fix Satori setting people's ATB to 0 by proxy. Probably still worth including though in case he would decide to change one but not the other.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #584 on: May 29, 2018, 04:15:00 AM »
I was peeking in a stream for a bit and they said once you've got EVA boost learned on everyone, plus eva from equips you have on anyway, evasion is pretty common. Awakened Mystia would be pretty awesome if that's the case, as her eva debuff works from the back.

...god it's hard to pick only 12 characters now. In the meantime, I've gotten to b3f! Progress!
« Last Edit: May 29, 2018, 04:16:35 AM by Serela »

« Reply #585 on: May 29, 2018, 05:10:20 AM »
It strongly depends on the accuracy of the enemy in question. For example, I think
Spoiler:
Abyss Rumia's
attacks missed more often than they hit...but most of the time it's not really that common unless the character has really high EVA. Like, against
Spoiler:
Red Hero and Green Brute
, I had 4 attacks dodged, 3 were by Rumia, who had 142 EVA. Because of the length of the fight (about 12 minutes) and there being two enemies (Mystia's skill only debuffs the attacking enemy and not the whole group), it's not like there was a significant debuffing effect.

But hey, she's an Instant Attack character and the only one with an effect from the back, so that's already pretty great.

Xarizzar

• RPG fan
« Reply #586 on: May 29, 2018, 11:10:27 AM »
So, what information do we currently have on the
Spoiler:
metal kedama
? Do we know exactly where it is and how rare it is?

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
« Reply #587 on: May 29, 2018, 12:52:04 PM »
I can proofread the mail after it's translated to Japanese, if you'd like.

« Reply #588 on: May 29, 2018, 12:59:27 PM »
So, what information do we currently have on the
Spoiler:
metal kedama
? Do we know exactly where it is and how rare it is?
There are a few spots where it spawns, one of them is the place where the switch to unlock the f29 rocks was and there's another one in one of the squares on the southeast of the map. They are ridiculously fast, have very high EVA, very high defences and are weak to DTH.
[attach=1]

EDIT: On a different note, how good is Shou's Dazzling Gold? Going by the numbers it seems to be kinda garbage given it has 7 MP cost and the low MND isn't that helpful at this point, though it does have the strongest PAR in the game.

EDIT2: Wait, I just noticed the wiki is wrong about Dazzling Gold, it inflicts a 12000 HVY and a 4000 PAR. Additionally, according to the japanese wiki, the increase on Aura of Justice per Wrath counter is 5%, not 3%; it also mentions that apparently the counter doesn't increase if you don't receive at least 2 damage from the attack.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2018, 01:17:20 PM by Libra »

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #589 on: May 29, 2018, 02:24:04 PM »
Oh, Dazzling Gold must have changed since the original leaked data (it probably was SIL, like... before it was implemented ingame :V). Also they weren't highly researched so it might have been a whoopsie! Please feel free to edit the wiki if you're capable. It does look like it's purpose is mostly "it's an alltarget PAR attack", which is a pretty good move type for randoms.

Some of those plus disk character reviews could use some massive shortening, too. I'll probably do that myself, tho'. I'll fix Dazzling Gold right now. edit:Fixed Shou's moves and shortened some reviews, couldn't get to Akyuu right now, gotta go~

The stream I was watching was farming metal kedamas. Rejoice, for they are not rare in those spots. Shou, the ideal "boost your farming!" character is perfect if you're willing to Awaken her by then; you should have extra awakenings if you've done the corridor far enough. Give her a bunch of speed and accuracy and her Piercing Attack passive will make one-shotting kedamas a triviality with Radiant Treasure Gun. You might need to tool someone out for extra speed if you aren't using Aya, I wouldn't know. The streamer used Aya to speed up Rinnosuke for a Shou swap-in.

If you don't want to toss in Shou, Sakuya is also perfect, with a never-miss alltarget and Piercing Attack. Anyone with Piercing Attack or a def/mnd ignoring skill will work with some Accuracy gear since they're usually solo, but there's a few double kedama enemy sets.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2018, 03:04:53 PM by Serela »

« Reply #590 on: May 29, 2018, 03:51:35 PM »
I can proofread the mail after it's translated to Japanese, if you'd like.

Ah geez, I did want it to be proofread, but I went ahead and sent it since there wasn't a whole lot of activity. My bad. Hopefully it works out.

--

Regarding the Metallic Kedama, it appears to appear everywhere in 30f, as I've seen it right on the relay point, but it sounds like it appears at a higher frequency in other locations.

EDIT: Ah yep, first encounter in the switch spot on 30f had 3 Metallic Kedama. That's uh, sure one hell of a grinding spot, wow.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2018, 06:28:47 PM by LonelyGaruga »

« Reply #591 on: May 29, 2018, 07:18:00 PM »
Wow I've been grinding there for a while and have never seen 3 of them at once, 2 tops. On another note, Shou's Bishamounten's Wrath doesn't increase on dodge either, which is a bit annoying.

« Reply #592 on: May 29, 2018, 07:31:39 PM »
Seems I was just insanely lucky, as after a little less than half an hour I've mainly seen 1, sometimes 2 in the same encounter. Their EVA really is quite high, using Iku with Monk subclass, Hit Boost, and +66 Hit from equipment, and she still misses roughly ~10% of the time. Really good grinding though, went from around 744 to 862 on Iku in that time frame.

« Reply #593 on: May 29, 2018, 08:01:52 PM »
Ok so I have a request for one of you guys. I recently played through the Plus Disk and I absolutely LOVED it. It was frustrating at times, but it was overall a very fun ride; one I'd like to experience again.

Unfortunately, I was stupid enough to NOT create a save at the very start of the Plus Disk. So I'm working my way through the game again, but I'm only on 13F. It'll be a while before I can access the Plus Disk on that file.

So this leads me to my request; Does anyone happen to have a save file that hasn't started the Plus Disk yet, but has fulfilled all of the requirements to start? Preferably with all 48 regular characters, though if the file doesn't have Maribel and Renko yet that's fine too. If nobody happens to have that, then that's fine, I can make my way through the rest of the game, but I'd really rather not have to go through 13-15F's temperature puzzles again...

Thanks in advance!

« Reply #594 on: May 29, 2018, 09:04:12 PM »
I just happen to have one. This save should be just after I beat Enhanced Ame-no-murakumo. All the main game content is complete and the only thing left to do is move on to the plus disk.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/fgeo2j762a78e2a/save1.zip

« Reply #595 on: May 29, 2018, 09:42:57 PM »
Hmm, seems like Poison is still pretty decent in Plus Disk, I just tested in the
Spoiler:
King of Chaos
boss fight and Wriggle did about 400m damage before I reached his summons' 15 turn cap. Somewhat dependent on Reisen for the lowered resistances though.

« Reply #596 on: May 29, 2018, 10:08:59 PM »
I just happen to have one. This save should be just after I beat Enhanced Ame-no-murakumo. All the main game content is complete and the only thing left to do is move on to the plus disk.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/fgeo2j762a78e2a/save1.zip

Thank you so much! I'll make sure to keep this save around in case I ever want to go through it a 3rd time after this run.

« Reply #597 on: May 30, 2018, 01:07:58 AM »
went from around 744 to 862 on Iku in that time frame.

I'm at around lvl 1500+ with my party, I wonder if maybe I'm overshooting it :-P

« Reply #598 on: May 30, 2018, 01:13:24 AM »
Made it to 1153 Iku after about two and a half hours of grinding total. I was shooting for 1152 for
Spoiler:
King of Chaos
, been fighting the ? Brave Level bosses at 0.9x their level. All set for the rest of the game now!

Tried beating up B11f enemies too, but nothing interesting. They all drop the tier 2  Stat Gems, but I already grinded those out in the Infinite Corridor. Only other drops are materials. EXP wasn't that great either, roughly double that of the typical 30f enemy. Think Metallic Kedama farming is superior.

« Reply #599 on: May 30, 2018, 01:23:25 AM »
Any tips for beating Futo? I've been stuck on her for a while. I'm about 20 over the challenge level and she still wrecks me. I also haven't really played in months so I can't say I fully remember how to utilize everyone effectively.

She's so fast I don't feel like debuffs do much, and can cancel buffs so I don't know that buffing myself is a good strategy either. She's weak to poison and terror, but I don't know if that's actually useful.