Author Topic: Magical Lotus - Mahou Shoujou Byakuren - Episode 5  (Read 99315 times)

Re: Magical Lotus - Mahou Shoujou Byakuren - Episode 5
« Reply #750 on: August 01, 2017, 09:24:21 AM »
>"I'm not sure there's much to go on for the others at this point, but I certainly wouldn't turn down the possibility of additional information."

>"Isn't it going to be remarkably difficult to find that kind of information?" Camille asks her.
>"For most people, yes, but one of the mikos serving at this shrine excels at this kind of research." Haruka presses two of her fingers against her lips and blows, seemingly whistling, but you can hear nothing. That done, she asks you, "You have no information at all about the Ice or Water Avatars?"

« Reply #751 on: August 01, 2017, 04:23:47 PM »
>"I know nothing to speak of about Doctor Yagokoro that isn't public knowledge. Nor truly about the Water avatar's past life, though she may have been an elemental magician."

« Reply #752 on: August 02, 2017, 12:51:46 PM »
>"I know nothing to speak of about Doctor Yagokoro that isn't public knowledge. Nor truly about the Water avatar's past life, though she may have been an elemental magician."

>"Admittedly that isn't much, but any kind of start is better than nothing. Ah, Miyo." Haruka says to the miko that is walking towards you. It's actually somewhat odd to see someone with wings on the ground in this room, but this white-haired woman is, rather than utilizing her large purple-feathered wings. At first blush she seems, well, a proper nerd, her hair done up in a tight bun, thick glasses, no visible makeup. As she gets closer, though, you see that your first blush may not have been entirely accurate. With a touch of makeup here and there, different glasses, maybe a different hairstyle, this young woman would be just the sort of girl Aya would try to headhunt. You wonder if her robes could be similarly concealing something.  Haruka introduces her fellow miko to you, "This is Miyo Kougami, the expert I mentioned."
>The white-haired miko bows to you. "Magical Lotus, I presume?" she asks in a rich, throaty voice.

« Reply #753 on: August 02, 2017, 12:55:48 PM »
>Return the bow
>"That's right."

« Reply #754 on: August 02, 2017, 01:21:00 PM »
>Return the bow
>"That's right."

>"You've been the talk of the shrine since you made yourself known here in town." Miyo smiles as she straightens up. "It's true what some of my friends have said; you're as pretty as you are powerful."

« Reply #755 on: August 02, 2017, 01:34:06 PM »
>"Oh, you're too kind."

« Reply #756 on: August 02, 2017, 01:54:58 PM »
>"Oh, you're too kind."

>"We have a need of your talents, Miyo." Haruka tells her. "We need some information retreived from our historical records, if the information is even there."
>"Specifically?"
>"Records of any humanoids in the past that were banished from Earth to Makai."
>"Timeframe?"
>"At least as far back as the Dark Ages."
>Miyo doesn't seem fazed by the timeframe. "I may have to coordinate with the Turtle shrine for records going that far back. Regions is question?"
>Haruka pauses before answering that one. "Start with Yamato and go from there."
>The bespectacled miko's brow furrows. "In other words, global?"
>"Possibly." Haruka admits.
>With a soft sigh, Miyo smiles dryly. "Never the easy jobs. May I assume this is something you've been asking about, Lotus?"

« Reply #757 on: August 02, 2017, 02:04:45 PM »
>"I have reason to believe that the Champions' Avatars are the reincarnation of souls banished to Makai in the distant past, but I only know the original identity of one of them. Any information we might be able to link to them might help us understand how they came to be as they are, and what we might do about it."

« Reply #758 on: August 02, 2017, 02:22:50 PM »
>"I have reason to believe that the Champions' Avatars are the reincarnation of souls banished to Makai in the distant past, but I only know the original identity of one of them. Any information we might be able to link to them might help us understand how they came to be as they are, and what we might do about it."

>"What was that original identity?"

« Reply #759 on: August 02, 2017, 02:26:57 PM »
>"Air's Avatar was the goddess Kanako's high general. The others might be contemporaneous, but they might not be."

« Reply #760 on: August 02, 2017, 02:49:32 PM »
>"Air's Avatar was the goddess Kanako's high general. The others might be contemporaneous, but they might not be."

>"Explaining the timeframe. Still, it's always good to know where to start."
>"We suspect the Water Avatar may have been an elemental mage of some kind, but we're not sure." Haruka supplies.
>"Eastern or Western?"

« Reply #761 on: August 02, 2017, 02:55:05 PM »
>"Eastern."

« Reply #762 on: August 02, 2017, 03:05:48 PM »
>"Eastern."

>Miyo nods. "This may take some time." she says apologetically. "I like reading and research, and I have some speed at it, but that is a lot of history to cover."

« Reply #763 on: August 02, 2017, 03:11:05 PM »
>"Whatever you find, I appreciate the effort."

« Reply #764 on: August 02, 2017, 03:24:46 PM »
>"Whatever you find, I appreciate the effort."

>Miyo smiles again. "I'm happy to help."
>"And happy to have another reason to archive binge?" Haruka asks lightly.
>The other miko laughs. "You know me very well, Onee-sama. However, would it be all right if I did not start right away?" she asks you. "I should like very much to see you fight."

« Reply #765 on: August 02, 2017, 03:27:27 PM »
>"Oh, certainly, if you'd like."

« Reply #766 on: August 02, 2017, 03:42:15 PM »
>"Oh, certainly, if you'd like."

>"Thank you." She sounds polite, but you can detect the hint of a gleam in the corner of her eye despite the thickness of her glasses. You're not 100% certain it's your fighting ability she's curious about. "Have you decided whom you will be sparring with first?"

« Reply #767 on: August 02, 2017, 03:49:38 PM »
>"I hadn't actually thought about it, to be honest. I'm open to suggestions."

« Reply #768 on: August 02, 2017, 03:56:06 PM »
>"I hadn't actually thought about it, to be honest. I'm open to suggestions."

>As Kenyu immediately leaps to his feet, Camille clicks her fingers together. "Yo." the big firefighter declares.
>"There's a surprise." Camille mutters.

« Reply #769 on: August 02, 2017, 03:59:55 PM »
>"Very well. Are there... any rules I ought to be aware of?"

« Reply #770 on: August 02, 2017, 04:15:28 PM »
>"Very well. Are there... any rules I ought to be aware of?"

>"We're not in a competition setting at the moment." says Haruka. "Although considering your opponent, I might recommend 'no hitting below the belt'."

« Reply #771 on: August 02, 2017, 04:21:06 PM »
>"I'll try to keep it in mind."
>Gesture to somewhere with enough open space, then look to Kenyu: "Shall we?"

« Reply #772 on: August 02, 2017, 04:28:04 PM »
>"I'll try to keep it in mind."
>Gesture to somewhere with enough open space, then look to Kenyu: "Shall we?"

>Perhaps its the matter of fact way Haruka said that, but both Camille and Miyo laugh at the miko's words.
>"You're gonna want to get the rest of your crew." Kenyu advises. "Wouldn't be fair if it was just me and you."

« Reply #773 on: August 02, 2017, 04:54:10 PM »
>Grin slightly
>"We'll see about that."

>How's Rin holding up, anyway?

« Reply #774 on: August 02, 2017, 05:09:53 PM »
>Grin slightly
>"We'll see about that."

>How's Rin holding up, anyway?

>"It's your call." Kenyu says as he starts to stretch out his arms. "But don't say I didn't warn ya."

>She seems to have defeated Chisato. At least you assume so, as the brown-winged miko is no longer in sight, and Rin is still fully clothed. At the moment, she is standing between two mikos, one with wings and one without, having a conversation.

« Reply #775 on: August 02, 2017, 05:39:19 PM »
>Assume a defensive posture, barriers at the ready, but let him take the first shot

« Reply #776 on: August 03, 2017, 09:28:37 AM »
>Assume a defensive posture, barriers at the ready, but let him take the first shot

>You hear a number of muscles pop in the oni's body as he and you walk away from the other women, out onto a less occupied area of the arena field. Along the way, you see Poppy, in her Saber form, fencing lightly with a black-winged miko and a white winged miko acting in concert. Despite being outnumbered, Reisen appears to be winning, and you can see tell she's not fighting at her full potential. Her opponents must either be new at swordfighting, or unused to fighting as a team. Chrysanthemum and a third miko stand apart from them, looking on.

>Arriving at neutral ground, you let Kenyu put some distance between you and him. "I'd say I'd go easy on ya." Kenyu says lightly as he turns back to face you. "But who am I to deny all these ladies the view they want?" His power flashes and you sense his first shot is not to attack, but to erect a shield around himself. This lets you sense the power of his Rose Jewel, and for a moment, you wish you had taken him up on his offer on bringing help. The power in that Jewel is immense, and unlike Breakdown, there's no sense of frantic scattering, of any kind of lack of control. His Jewel may be the equivalent of Breakdown's Grey, but Kenyu is much more dangerous in a fight.
>And just like Breakdown, he has two Jewels. While he uses his Rose Jewel for defense, he raises his left hand, showing you the Sapphire Jewel on his finger, and discharges a bolt of brilliant blue energy. Prepared as you were, you meet his attack with a Sapphire Lotus, and while the bolt does not penetrate your screen, it does make you wince. With those two Jewels, this guy could give a Champion a run for its money.

« Reply #777 on: August 03, 2017, 04:21:58 PM »
>Well, we've given Champions a run for their money, too.
>Hit him with a Scarlet Lotus. And don't pull our punches, either.

« Reply #778 on: August 04, 2017, 07:43:38 AM »
>Well, we've given Champions a run for their money, too.
>Hit him with a Scarlet Lotus. And don't pull our punches, either.

>That you have.
>Keen to show this firefighter just who he's up against, you return fire with a cascade of red and white light, a much larger barrage than the one he launched at you, you note.
>Kenyu draws upon his Sapphire Jewel again, and a barrier of blue light shimmers into being before him. But his Sapphire barrier proves to be less effective than yours, and a number of your bolts penetrate his screen. Those that do, though, are very weakened, and those that connect with Kenyu fail to do any signifigant damage to his Rose shield.
>The big man laughs. "Oh this WILL be fun!" he yells, his Sapphire Jewel flashing again. The barrier he had erected shifts and twists, collapsing into something that appears broadly similar to a surge of water traveling in your direction. It isn't real water, but that probably means it'll do more damage than the simple flood some might confuse it for.

« Reply #779 on: August 04, 2017, 07:47:37 AM »
>Use Sapphire Lotus to deflect the flood away from us slightly, while dodging to the opposite side
>Then fire back at his barriers with an Amber Lotus