Author Topic: Magical Lotus - Mahou Shoujou Byakuren - Episode 5  (Read 99322 times)

Re: Magical Lotus - Mahou Shoujou Byakuren - Episode 5
« Reply #420 on: June 03, 2017, 04:38:43 AM »
>"What happened? If... that's not too personal, of course."

>"I told you. She was killed by another dementia caster." he sighs out. "That's what she was. That's how she knew what I was. Took a broken mind to see my two minds. Now she'd probably see right through me."

« Reply #421 on: June 03, 2017, 04:51:48 AM »
>"You said there was someone else who knew?"

« Reply #422 on: June 03, 2017, 04:54:27 AM »
>"You said there was someone else who knew?"

>"You and her. And I guess your little friends that helped you kill me." Motormaster puncuates his sentence with another bite of riceball.

« Reply #423 on: June 03, 2017, 05:04:01 AM »
>"I... see."
>Pause
>"Well, I guess I'll leave you to your riceballs and I shall be back again this evening."
>Exit!

« Reply #424 on: June 03, 2017, 07:21:26 AM »
>"I... see."
>Pause
>"Well, I guess I'll leave you to your riceballs and I shall be back again this evening."
>Exit!

>Motormaster manages a quiet grunt but doesn't stop you this time, allowing you and Rin to leave. Before you return to reality, though, you walk a few paces from Motormaster's door and lean heavily against the wall. As you told Rin, the state you found Motormaster in was definately the last one you'd ever think would happen. You've always used your powers for good, to help people, but to see him like that, and to know that, despite your intentions, it was your doing, was not an easy thing. Death was not the answer to his situation, you truly believe that, but it takes you a moment to collect yourself before those words stop sounding as hollow as they were minutes ago.
>Hand in hand with Rin, you return to the realm of the real, emerging back in Minoriko's apartment. Nitori is no longer present, leaving only Minoriko, who is currently drying some dishes.

« Reply #425 on: June 03, 2017, 07:31:14 AM »
>Let's drop our Lotus form and then share a quiet hug with Rin. We could use a warm shoulder to lean on for a little bit.

« Reply #426 on: June 03, 2017, 08:02:32 AM »
>Let's drop our Lotus form and then share a quiet hug with Rin. We could use a warm shoulder to lean on for a little bit.

>Rin has enough time to follow your example and return to her civilian form before you embrace her. The kasha doesn't say anything, merely offering you all the warmth and comfort that her arms can pack into one hug.
>You can sense Minoriko's concern even without turning to look at her, but, ever thoughtful, she gives you and Rin an uninterrupted moment before she asks, "Is everything all right?"

« Reply #427 on: June 03, 2017, 08:21:52 AM »
>"Motormaster is... damaged. Psychologically. He... he said that what we did to him was worse than if we'd killed him. That he wished we had."

« Reply #428 on: June 03, 2017, 10:01:38 PM »
>"Motormaster is... damaged. Psychologically. He... he said that what we did to him was worse than if we'd killed him. That he wished we had."

>Minoriko takes a moment to absorb that, then she asks, "Because you took his powers away?"

« Reply #429 on: June 04, 2017, 12:33:46 AM »
>"It seems that entity had been living inside him since the day he was born. He regards it as another part of himself - one that we ripped away from him. He seemed barely even aware of his surroundings when we walked in."

« Reply #430 on: June 04, 2017, 02:02:14 AM »
>"It seems that entity had been living inside him since the day he was born. He regards it as another part of himself - one that we ripped away from him. He seemed barely even aware of his surroundings when we walked in."

>"In that case, it's no great surprise that he feels the way he feels." Minoriko looks over at you, her eyes full of wisdom and compassion. "From his point of view, he's lost something precious, something irreplaceable. If that's true, that he carried that entity within him since he was born, in a way he's lost a twin. Maybe even something closer to a twin. His whole world is different now, suddenly a lot more threatening, and in a way a lot more empty."

« Reply #431 on: June 04, 2017, 02:07:49 AM »
>"I know, I know. I just... I was prepared for him to be unrepentant, but not... this."

« Reply #432 on: June 04, 2017, 03:49:48 AM »
>"I know, I know. I just... I was prepared for him to be unrepentant, but not... this."

>Drying her hands, Minoriko walks over to you and lays her hand gently on her shoulder. "I know."

« Reply #433 on: June 04, 2017, 03:53:26 AM »
>Put our hand on hers and try to smile
>"Thanks."

« Reply #434 on: June 04, 2017, 04:22:35 AM »
>Put our hand on hers and try to smile
>"Thanks."

>"Sometimes doing the right thing doesn't always seem like the right thing. The other person, the one on whose behalf you're acting, won't thank you right away. But in time, that can change. You can't let yourself feel too down about it yourself in the meantime, though. That's not fair to you. You were trying to help Motormaster, and whether he sees it now or not, I believe you did."

« Reply #435 on: June 04, 2017, 04:53:22 AM »
>"I hope so. And I don't regret my decision, given the alternatives. I just... hope he can manage to heal."

« Reply #436 on: June 04, 2017, 05:12:37 AM »
>"I hope so. And I don't regret my decision, given the alternatives. I just... hope he can manage to heal."

>"Hey, he's got you pullin' for him." says Rin with a smile. "That's a pretty good start if ya ask me."

« Reply #437 on: June 04, 2017, 05:14:53 AM »
>"I suppose we'll see."
>What time is it, anyway?

« Reply #438 on: June 04, 2017, 05:34:14 AM »
>"I suppose we'll see."
>What time is it, anyway?

>"I have to ask, though, did he seem all right physically?" Minoriko asks.
>Around half past 10.

« Reply #439 on: June 04, 2017, 06:21:15 AM »
>He did, right?
>If so, say as much

« Reply #440 on: June 04, 2017, 06:23:09 AM »
>He did, right?
>If so, say as much

>He did.
>"That's a good sign, too."

« Reply #441 on: June 04, 2017, 06:56:26 AM »
>"I know. But also... as much as I feel responsible for him, I don't know that I can take the task of guiding him towards recovery on my own shoulders. There's surely a long and difficult road ahead for him and so many more things already rest upon shoulders that cannot be neglected."
>"But I... as much as I think he may need professional psychiatric care, he also has poor associations with mental institutions. Apparently his mother was committed to one some years back and, as best I can tell, he looked down on her for that very fact."

« Reply #442 on: June 04, 2017, 07:09:19 AM »
>"I know. But also... as much as I feel responsible for him, I don't know that I can take the task of guiding him towards recovery on my own shoulders. There's surely a long and difficult road ahead for him and so many more things already rest upon shoulders that cannot be neglected."
>"But I... as much as I think he may need professional psychiatric care, he also has poor associations with mental institutions. Apparently his mother was committed to one some years back and, as best I can tell, he looked down on her for that very fact."

>"What other option is there?" Minoriko asks gently.

« Reply #443 on: June 04, 2017, 07:41:51 AM »
>"I don't know if there is one. As far as I can tell, he has no family who could take him in nor anyone else who might care about him. He... wasn't exactly the kind of person anyone could care about."

« Reply #444 on: June 04, 2017, 08:02:49 AM »
>"I don't know if there is one. As far as I can tell, he has no family who could take him in nor anyone else who might care about him. He... wasn't exactly the kind of person anyone could care about."

>"And even if he did, they might not be able to give him the help he needs right now. You know how much family means to me, but there are times when one ahs to go outside one's family for the help they need. Especially if one has no family available to them."
>"An' even if his mother's fixed now," Rin adds, "She's on another continent. Motormaster mentioned Pomenville, an' that's in Eagleland. That's a bit outside our range."

« Reply #445 on: June 04, 2017, 08:11:25 AM »
>"Well, he didn't say that's where he grew up, but I guess it's a possibility."
>"My other concern is how dangerous he might still be. Not supernaturally so, but he lived the life of a violent criminal and still has some of those impulses in him. I've wondered whether it mightn't still be best to turn him over to the police and let a criminal psychiatrist decide what's best to do with him. They, at least, would know how to handle that kind of violence. But... I worry about how guilty he truly was of the crimes he will doubtlessly be held accountable for. He's not like Satori, where I can say for sure that she wouldn't have done those things if she'd been herself. In Motormaster's case, it may be that even he doesn't know who his self is."

« Reply #446 on: June 04, 2017, 08:47:42 AM »
>"Well, he didn't say that's where he grew up, but I guess it's a possibility."
>"My other concern is how dangerous he might still be. Not supernaturally so, but he lived the life of a violent criminal and still has some of those impulses in him. I've wondered whether it mightn't still be best to turn him over to the police and let a criminal psychiatrist decide what's best to do with him. They, at least, would know how to handle that kind of violence. But... I worry about how guilty he truly was of the crimes he will doubtlessly be held accountable for. He's not like Satori, where I can say for sure that she wouldn't have done those things if she'd been herself. In Motormaster's case, it may be that even he doesn't know who his self is."

>"The police in this town are no strangers to supernatural events, or supernatural criminals." says Minoriko. "I have to think they have people trained to make these kinds of determinations. Motormaster may be a unique case, but I can't imagine he's so unique that no one among the police can figure out how to handle him appropriately."

« Reply #447 on: June 04, 2017, 09:08:36 AM »
>"Perhaps."
>"In any event, I said that I'd let him out this evening to take his motorcycle for another drive - I'd hoped that connecting with something he'd once enjoyed might help a little. Supervised, of course."

« Reply #448 on: June 04, 2017, 09:13:46 AM »
>"Perhaps."
>"In any event, I said that I'd let him out this evening to take his motorcycle for another drive - I'd hoped that connecting with something he'd once enjoyed might help a little. Supervised, of course."

>"Where is his bike?" Minoriko asks. "You didn't bring it back here."
>Rin answers, "We left it with Breakdown, one of his ex-followers." She winces. "And I don't think she's gonna wanna see Motormaster again."

« Reply #449 on: June 04, 2017, 09:30:00 AM »
>"She doesn't have to. Either she can drop the bike off or we can pick it up - wherever it is we're going to be doing this. Someplace a little out of the way seems best."