Author Topic: Magical Lotus - Mahou Shoujou Byakuren - Episode 5  (Read 99270 times)

Re: Magical Lotus - Mahou Shoujou Byakuren - Episode 5
« Reply #300 on: May 25, 2017, 01:54:07 AM »
>How could the room have changed after we made it? Do we sense anything wrong with the oubliette?

>There is something different about this part of the Oubliette. The magic composing it has somehow been altered. It hasn't been weakened at all, and a quick scan of the walls of the Oubliette reveal that it's still as strong as ever. It's just this room. And you can't attribute the alteration to anything you or your friends have done, there's no sense of their magical signature. It had to have been caused by Motormaster himself, although how this is possible you don't know. He has no magic, at least nothing you can sense, and another quick scan reveals no sign of the splinter having regrown.

>Motormaster does at least seem to be conscious, right?
>Approach somewhat and lay the food down on an end table or something
>Gently: "How are you feeling?"

>He does.
>Placing the food down on the long table on the west wall, you move to stand next to Motormaster, and are struck by his eyes. They are a deep, rich shade of purple, but right now there is a hollowness to them that you can't imagine is natural. His gaze is empty, unfocused. He simply stares out of that window into nothing with the most lifeless eyes you've ever seen. Were it not for the very faint rise and fall of his chest to indicate his shallow breathing, you'd swear he was dead. Even his black hair seems somehow lifeless, hanging down across his shoulders. He doesn't so much as twitch when you address him.

« Reply #301 on: May 25, 2017, 02:13:37 AM »
>Can we sense anything wrong with him supernaturally? If not, scan harder.
>And if even that finds nothing: "What's wrong?"

« Reply #302 on: May 25, 2017, 03:09:36 AM »
>Can we sense anything wrong with him supernaturally? If not, scan harder.
>And if even that finds nothing: "What's wrong?"

>On the one hand, you sense nothing out of the ordinary about him at all. On the other hand, you can barely sense him at all. The sensation you get from him is barely half as strong as you get from an ordinary person. It's like only being able to sense half a person. And what you can sense has a hollowness about it. It is an unsettling sensation. It is almost as though half his soul has been torn away, and the wound is still barely scabbed over.
>The biker's unfocused eyes continue to stare ahead. He does not turn to acknowledge you.

« Reply #303 on: May 25, 2017, 03:34:21 AM »
>Is it possible that the splinter we excised from him was... sustaining him somehow?
>Gently touch him

« Reply #304 on: May 25, 2017, 03:41:10 AM »
>Is it possible that the splinter we excised from him was... sustaining him somehow?
>Gently touch him

>You're not sure about 'sustaining', but certainly 'augmenting'. The splinter may not have simply been wound throughout Motormaster's body, but their soul as well. His corruption ran much, much deeper than Satori's. It wouldn't surprise you if Motormaster was compromised in ways Satori wasn't. Satori lost a foreign body that had polluted her mind and body. Motormaster may have lost something far more.
>The biker's pale skin is cold, so cold, to the touch. He still doesn't speak, but his lifeless eyes do at last blink, albeit very slowly.

« Reply #305 on: May 25, 2017, 03:56:38 AM »
>Do we... think there's anything we can do for him?

« Reply #306 on: May 25, 2017, 04:04:28 AM »
>Do we... think there's anything we can do for him?

>Hard to say. This isn't quite like anything you've ever dealt with before. Every person you've removed the evil from has either been a case of turning them back to normal or, in the case of the Blackbloods, replacing their connection with that evil abyss with something else. Motormaster's case is unique. Getting him to communicate would be a start, if he's even capable of that right now. He DID just blink, for the first time since you came in. It's possible that could be a sign of recognition, though you'd prefer something more than that.

« Reply #307 on: May 25, 2017, 04:24:12 AM »
>Keep our hand firmly on him
>"Motormaster. Can you hear me?"

« Reply #308 on: May 25, 2017, 05:49:14 AM »
>Keep our hand firmly on him
>"Motormaster. Can you hear me?"

>The dark haired man blinks again, and his head shifts listlessly. Something close to recognition passes all too briefly through his lifeless eyes.

« Reply #309 on: May 25, 2017, 06:15:56 AM »
>We still have his motorcycle keys with us, right?
>Show them to him
>"Do you recognize these?"

« Reply #310 on: May 25, 2017, 07:34:03 AM »
>We still have his motorcycle keys with us, right?
>Show them to him
>"Do you recognize these?"

>You do.
>For a moment, Motormaster's eyes seem to focus on his motorcycle keys you hang before his face, but they unfocus almost as quickly. Then his shoulders and neck stiffen a touch, and he seems to force himself to focus his eyes, not on his bike keys, but on you. "You...." he breathes, the world barely audible even at this range.

« Reply #311 on: May 25, 2017, 07:40:08 AM »
>"Yes?"

« Reply #312 on: May 25, 2017, 07:50:45 AM »
>"Yes?"

>"You.... You did this?" Motormaster manages to ask, each word an obvious struggle.

« Reply #313 on: May 25, 2017, 07:59:25 AM »
>"I... am not sure why you are like this, I'm afraid. Nothing we did should have harmed you. We just removed the corruption that was living inside you."

« Reply #314 on: May 25, 2017, 08:08:47 AM »
>"I... am not sure why you are like this, I'm afraid. Nothing we did should have harmed you. We just removed the corruption that was living inside you."

>As you speak, life returns to Motormaster's eyes, and his gaze focuses. For a moment your spirits lift, as this is a sign of progress, but this bright moment is quickly shattered when a fierce snarl emerges from Motormaster's throat and the biker's face becomes a mask of murderous rage. "YOU DID THIS!" he screams, and locks his hands around your throat. He starts to scream something else, but Rin is there before he gets half a syllable out. Her blow takes Motormaster from the bed, sprawling him face-first on the floor.

« Reply #315 on: May 25, 2017, 08:19:42 AM »
>"I only want to help you! Whatever that creature did to you, we can find a way to fix it."
>Hopefully....

« Reply #316 on: May 25, 2017, 08:32:56 AM »
>"I only want to help you! Whatever that creature did to you, we can find a way to fix it."
>Hopefully....

>"The pain...." Motormaster mutters, his hand pressed to his cheek where Rin slugged him. "Haven't felt... You gave me pain." He flops over onto his back, and you can see the trickle of blood coming from his mouth where Rin punched him. "You made me weak, you took my power from me. My other half, my soul. My life. Is that why you're here?" he demands, his anger returning. "Wanted to gloat over killing me?"

« Reply #317 on: May 25, 2017, 08:40:03 AM »
>"That blackness, that embodiment of death that had taken root in you... you truly consider that yourself?"

« Reply #318 on: May 25, 2017, 08:49:00 AM »
>"That blackness, that embodiment of death that had taken root in you... you truly consider that yourself?"

>Abruptly, Motormaster sags, he murderous energy all leaving his body at once. "That voice..." he starts, his voice little more than a whisper again. "Was with me all my life. Now it's... so quiet. Empty. You took it away..."

« Reply #319 on: May 25, 2017, 08:50:20 AM »
>"Your whole life?"

« Reply #320 on: May 25, 2017, 08:56:00 AM »
>"Your whole life?"

>"And now I'm... empty inside... Because of you." he snarls, anger blossoming on his face again. He starts to come back to his feet, but one look at Rin keeps him where he is.
>"You'll lose teeth next time." she promises the angry biker.

« Reply #321 on: May 25, 2017, 09:07:08 AM »
>"If you are empty, it is only because that entity was devouring you from the inside out. It was never you - only something using you as its vessel."

« Reply #322 on: May 25, 2017, 09:15:34 AM »
>"If you are empty, it is only because that entity was devouring you from the inside out. It was never you - only something using you as its vessel."

>"Using me? Sure. And I used it. It gave me what I needed, I gave it what it needed." Motormaster smiles for the first time, a disturbingly satisfied smile considering what he's talking about. "I was full. And strong. Unbeatable." The smile fades. "Unbeatable..."

« Reply #323 on: May 25, 2017, 09:19:14 AM »
>"You enjoyed the havoc you wrought with this power?"

« Reply #324 on: May 25, 2017, 09:37:08 AM »
>"You enjoyed the havoc you wrought with this power?"

>Motormaster's eyes drift away from you, not the in emotionless way they did before, but like a man in thought. "Havoc...? No. No, not havoc. Havoc meant we weren't in control. Havoc meant something was happening we didn't want. And we were always in control. Always in control. Always told me..." His head drops back to the floor. "I can't... Why can't... You took it away..."

« Reply #325 on: May 25, 2017, 09:42:44 AM »
>"Did you truly believe you were a Blackblood?"

« Reply #326 on: May 25, 2017, 09:45:48 AM »
>"Did you truly believe you were a Blackblood?"

>"We kept it secret that way. It could be that. And only Blackbloods knew better, but none of them could call us on it. We were too strong. Too strong for everyone."

« Reply #327 on: May 25, 2017, 04:22:52 PM »
>"You caused harm to a lot of people."

« Reply #328 on: May 25, 2017, 11:43:50 PM »
>"You caused harm to a lot of people."

>"What's your point?" he answers in that same dull voice.

« Reply #329 on: May 26, 2017, 12:20:05 AM »
>"Do you not have any remorse for your actions?"