Author Topic: Magical Lotus - Mahou Shoujou Byakuren - Episode 5  (Read 99374 times)

Re: Magical Lotus - Mahou Shoujou Byakuren - Episode 5
« Reply #210 on: May 07, 2017, 01:04:31 AM »
>"Oh, really? Just like that?"

>"Basically, yes. Well, to be exact, I sensed Minoriko getting her ring first, then I became aware of Archer. The gap between the two was pretty small, though."

« Reply #211 on: May 07, 2017, 01:07:55 AM »
>I don't suppose that we picked up anything new in the bargain, did we?

« Reply #212 on: May 07, 2017, 01:09:21 AM »
>I don't suppose that we picked up anything new in the bargain, did we?

>Other than a new ally? Not that you can sense at this time.

« Reply #213 on: May 07, 2017, 01:16:20 AM »
>No matter. It's not like we were anticipating anything, anyway.
>Smile
>"At this rate, you fill an entire party on your own."

« Reply #214 on: May 07, 2017, 04:42:53 PM »
>No matter. It's not like we were anticipating anything, anyway.
>Smile
>"At this rate, you fill an entire party on your own."

>This seems to be Reisen's unique magical girl property. Annoyingly.
>Nitori barks out a laugh. "Party? Hell, conjure up a tank and a couple healers, and she's a whole raid!"
>Reisen grins, then her face settles into a solemn look. "I promise not to be a loot hog." she says quite seriously.

« Reply #215 on: May 07, 2017, 04:53:52 PM »
>Okay, that one deserves a good laugh
>"I stand relieved."

« Reply #216 on: May 07, 2017, 11:15:30 PM »
>Okay, that one deserves a good laugh
>"I stand relieved."

>Reisen can properly crack wise when she wants to.
>Between her laughs, Nitori manages to ask you, "Well, you can give 'er the next bow that drops, right, boss?"

« Reply #217 on: May 07, 2017, 11:17:01 PM »
>To Reisen, with a grin: "It's all yours."

« Reply #218 on: May 08, 2017, 02:47:35 AM »
>To Reisen, with a grin: "It's all yours."

>"Much obliged." Reisen replies in the same deadpan tone she used before, though she cracks a grin after it.
>Once Nitori has finished chortling, so she doesn't have to compete with the Kappa for volume, Minoriko says to Reisen, "There's something that puzzles me about that. You said you gained the Archer ability once I got my ring. But my power doesn't have anything to do with bows or archery. I'm not sure I see the connection."
>"Neither do I." Reisen admits. "It doesn't make a lot of sense to me, either. If I was going to gain a projectile-using Spectrum- that's what my various forms are called, by the way- I would have expected Gunner rather than Archer. I've been trained to use firearms, but I've never held a bow in my life. And none of the girls of our group have any sort of musical-themed powers, and yet I have a Minstrel Spectrum." She shrugs. "It's a mystery to me."

« Reply #219 on: May 08, 2017, 02:51:26 AM »
>"You don't feel that your powers are reflective of yourself in the way that, say, Lily's are?"

« Reply #220 on: May 08, 2017, 03:16:44 AM »
>"You don't feel that your powers are reflective of yourself in the way that, say, Lily's are?"

>Reisen considers that for a moment. "I sort of have an idea on that, but I'm not confidant about it yet."
>"In my life, I've had to be very adaptable. I've found myself in situations where I had to adjust and learn, and quickly, or suffer for it. As a result, I've become a very versatile individual. If my power is reflective of anything about me, I think it's an expression of that adaptability. I don't have the kind of defensive power that Lily does, or fly as well as she can. I don't have the kind of raw power that you do, Byakuren, and my fire powers aren't as great as yours, Rin. But I can adapt to changing situations on the fly better than any of us, in terms of the powers and abilities I can bring to bear. Except maybe Kiku, her magic gives her an edge none of us have."

« Reply #221 on: May 08, 2017, 03:22:04 AM »
>"That sounds like a reasonable theory - and certainly better than any I could offer at the moment."

« Reply #222 on: May 08, 2017, 03:37:34 AM »
>"That sounds like a reasonable theory - and certainly better than any I could offer at the moment."

>"Why I acquired a new Spectrum when Minoriko got her ring, that I have no idea. Maybe Archer is meant to be a compliment to her powers, but I doubt it. Minstrel and Dancer don't really compliment anyone's powers."
>"For that matter, if there's a connection between the number of rings that exist and my Spectrums, that doesn't explain why I have seven, not six."

« Reply #223 on: May 08, 2017, 03:42:18 AM »
>"Well, perhaps we'll find out if we pick up a seventh member down the road."
>"Paging Aunn. Paging Aunn."

« Reply #224 on: May 08, 2017, 11:22:50 PM »
>"Well, perhaps we'll find out if we pick up a seventh member down the road."
>"Paging Aunn. Paging Aunn."

>"Maybe it's a sign that you're one step ahead of everyone." Rin suggests helpfully.
>Reisen smiles faintly, a gesture with no warmth. "I'd settle for being one step ahead of our enemies. Still, it's a nice thought."

>That's the one with the knife, right?

« Reply #225 on: May 08, 2017, 11:39:41 PM »
>"Speaking of being one step ahead of our enemies, does anyone else have any other suggestions to make about useful things we could be doing before the next crisis strikes?"

« Reply #226 on: May 09, 2017, 01:43:57 AM »
>"Speaking of being one step ahead of our enemies, does anyone else have any other suggestions to make about useful things we could be doing before the next crisis strikes?"

>"Training?" Reisen suggests.

« Reply #227 on: May 09, 2017, 02:01:03 AM »
>"It's a thought. Did you have anything in mind?"

« Reply #228 on: May 09, 2017, 06:26:03 PM »
>"It's a thought. Did you have anything in mind?"

>"You mean a regimen?"

« Reply #229 on: May 09, 2017, 07:57:38 PM »
>"Well, or even just a specific activity, I suppose."

« Reply #230 on: May 09, 2017, 10:34:40 PM »
>"Well, or even just a specific activity, I suppose."

>"Off the top of my head? Coordination. As powerful as Motormaster was, we had him badly outnumbered. I think we could have beaten him with less damage taken if we'd been able to coordinate our actions more than we did."
>"Plus, you haven't seen all of my Spectrums, so you don't know all of what I can do. And Minoriko just joined us, so if we can avoid just dropping her into combat without giving her a chance to test her powers, we should. We've gotten by so far doing just that, but that probably means we've been as lucky as we've been good. We need to be more familiar with each other on the battlefield, learn how to predict each other. Except for Rin." she adds with a lighter tone. "I think we all know how she'll act on the battlefield."

« Reply #231 on: May 09, 2017, 11:00:38 PM »
>"What you say makes sense, of course. In fact, it might be particularly relevant given that our powers seem so much stronger when used in tandem."

« Reply #232 on: May 10, 2017, 02:41:25 AM »
>"What you say makes sense, of course. In fact, it might be particularly relevant given that our powers seem so much stronger when used in tandem."

>Reisen nods her agreement. "I think we'd be well served to determine just how much stronger we are in those circumstances. And, for that matter, if we all share the ability to combine powers in combat. We know I can merge mine with the rest of you for some things, but not necessarily with attack techniques. Or how Minoriko's powers will meld with ours."
>"We just need a location to work in. Somewhere where magical energies are common enough that we wouldn't draw attention to ourselves. Or someplace shielded, for the same reason. That Oubliette spell could create a location for us, but I think setting one of those up is too much a drain on power."

« Reply #233 on: May 10, 2017, 03:39:27 AM »
>"Well, Haruka did invite us to train with them. I know those plans got somewhat derailed by the issue with Satori, but they may still have a suitable space for it that they use themselves."

« Reply #234 on: May 10, 2017, 11:18:58 PM »
>"Well, Haruka did invite us to train with them. I know those plans got somewhat derailed by the issue with Satori, but they may still have a suitable space for it that they use themselves."

>"She did? Hm. Must have slipped my mind. I suppose they would have a space for this sort of thing, wouldn't they?"

« Reply #235 on: May 10, 2017, 11:25:36 PM »
>"I would assume as much, given that it isn't even publicly known that they have these powers still."

« Reply #236 on: May 10, 2017, 11:47:10 PM »
>"I would assume as much, given that it isn't even publicly known that they have these powers still."

>"It is now." says Nitori. "After that fight at the shrine and the one at the Knowledge's place, people know about 'em now."

« Reply #237 on: May 10, 2017, 11:55:19 PM »
>"'Wasn't', I guess I should have said. And if they kept it hidden this long, then they must have some places where they can practice without drawing attention."

« Reply #238 on: May 11, 2017, 12:59:01 AM »
>"'Wasn't', I guess I should have said. And if they kept it hidden this long, then they must have some places where they can practice without drawing attention."

>"Stands to reason."
>"You mean the Haruka from the Red Fire Bird shrine, yes?" Minoriko asks.
>Rin nods. "We mentioned her before, didn't we?"
>"I thought you had, but I wasn't completely sure. Well then, perhaps we should contact her?"

« Reply #239 on: May 11, 2017, 01:16:45 AM »
>"Yes, perhaps we should."
>Let's see if anyone else has anything to say before we assume that means 'Now'