Author Topic: THE GAME CHEATED!! - Touhou Rage Thread #17  (Read 112284 times)

Neptune

• :D
  • kms
Re: THE GAME CHEATED!! - Touhou Rage Thread #17
« Reply #180 on: October 05, 2016, 05:37:11 AM »
Ah, I remember the days of struggling with Seiga on Normal.

Anyway, onto 'rage', or whatever.

Why have I become so trash at TD? I keep fucking up on Kyouko on Hard a million times, while attempting for another NBNT run. She's seriously the hardest boss, smh.

I know, I could probably continue a run after dying on Kyouko, but that shit bothers me way too much to even bother.
i like cute stuff

LunarWingCloud

• Private Square
  • ♪ Present World Overhaul ♪
« Reply #181 on: October 13, 2016, 05:58:46 AM »
So I kept trying to go for the No Miss run in TD, and I kept fucking it up. Died on Futo, died early into Miko, died on Futo AGAIN, died on SOGA, and other general stupid shit. One of these days.

Then I tried to 1cc EoSD on Hard with default stock (I've done it once with max starting stock, came very close on default stock). I kept choking on Stage 4, also fuck Meiling's Flower Dream Vine, it's literally just a bunch of fucking blue balls why is it a spellcard? Anyway I got to Sakuya like 2 times but I didn't do very well on any recent attempt.

And in Touhoumon Enhanced, this is the most beautiful occurrence of rage, because I have video evidence of it. I fought Misty. The fight took like 15 minutes. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAlYGFEO4ZE Fight starts at 10:35. Just watch how much of a bitch Misty is. Slack Off spam, confusion hax with Teeter Dance and Water Pulse. Hitting me through ~3-4 accuracy drops. Holy shit this was a shitshow :V Fun fight, but goddammit I was salty.
I play Touhou on Twitch and YouTube. I'm not that good, but I'm informative when I can be. Follow me.

Ghost

• Fluke dodging is the best tactic.
« Reply #182 on: October 13, 2016, 08:49:48 AM »
TD LNNN is triggering me
First I die to seiga constantly, even getting a 1MNB run dying to tongling yoshika before perfect stage 5/6.
Now I finally figure seiga out to the point I'm consistently getting through stage 4, and suddenly I'm game overing to Miko.
Similarly, I've spent ages (270 attempts?) learning futo's first spell, and gotten it down, but now I'm just dying to her 3rd spell instead (or even her 2nd -_-)

Why can I never be good at the whole game at once

On top of this is the game deciding to force me to reset early stages a bunch, either through kyouko throwing walls at you that you can't do anything about, or bullets spawning on me during yoshika's 3rd non (and poison murder occasionally murdering me).
And I just know that at some point I'll get to miko and die to honour the avoidance of defiance because it's bs :/

Chill Observer

• Aimless fanatic
  • haHAA
« Reply #183 on: October 13, 2016, 08:55:10 AM »
Double Spoiler is triggering me again.

I cleared all scenes in level 10, but damn... just about all of the scenes are a real pain in the ass to work with. Especially scene number 7. That scene can go rot in hell.
Retired Touhou player. Not involved with anything Touhou anymore.

« Reply #184 on: October 13, 2016, 04:51:40 PM »
I will just rant about this:

I won't buy the game but i want to play it

Chill Observer

• Aimless fanatic
  • haHAA
« Reply #185 on: October 29, 2016, 11:45:08 PM »
[attachimg=1]

I still cleared no-bombs, but this still depresses me because it's the first time I've ever died to a final spell as the spell is finishing off.
Retired Touhou player. Not involved with anything Touhou anymore.

Tashi

• Charming Devil!
  • For all of my life... A stranger I remain.
« Reply #186 on: October 30, 2016, 07:31:35 PM »
Dying when Suwako is doing the "OMG I FINALLY MANAGED TO DEFEAT HER EXPLOSION!"

Killed
by
one
single
bullet
when
Suwako
was
about
to
DIE.

Game: No extra clear for you today, AHAHAHAHAHA!
NOOOOOOOOOO! *Rage time: ON (??)*
ALL HAIL PROPOSALING-SAMA. SURPRISE FOR HIM.

RB

« Reply #187 on: November 06, 2016, 08:21:45 AM »
Seiran's first spell, The Eagle Has Been Shot, is an absolute piece of shit and has caused many of my resets now.
Can you just stop giving me bad RNG and annoying crisscrosses?
Can you not wall me?

Failure McFailFace

• I'm h...a...p...p...y...
  • Impor
« Reply #188 on: November 08, 2016, 02:19:24 AM »
Seiran's first spell, The Eagle Has Been Shot, is an absolute piece of shit and has caused many of my resets now.
Can you just stop giving me bad RNG and annoying crisscrosses?
Can you not wall me?
Direct the first of Seiran's triangles to the side because they're aimed. Then make sure to get away from the next triangle's path by moving into a separate wall. You should be able to graze a third triangle, which passes by you, and kill the card soon after.

That's how I've done it since the game was released, and it's an easy(-ish) method to get down. I still die to that card sometimes.

And speaking of LoLK, GOD DAMN CLOWNPIECE WHY DO YOU HAVE TO BE SO HARD. My current point device run has 0 bombs on Clownpiece's second non.  :colonveeplusalpha:
1cc Easy: DDC (all) | 1cc Normal: UFO (SanA autobomb),  DDC (ReiA, SakA) , LoLK (Sanae PD)| EX clears: DDC (MarB Ultra) | Puzzle Games: StB: 10-X, DS: Hatate unlock, ISC: All clear

RB

« Reply #189 on: November 08, 2016, 04:31:48 AM »
Direct the first of Seiran's triangles to the side because they're aimed. Then make sure to get away from the next triangle's path by moving into a separate wall. You should be able to graze a third triangle, which passes by you, and kill the card soon after.

That's how I've done it since the game was released, and it's an easy(-ish) method to get down. I still die to that card sometimes.
Thanks for the help but I already know how to do it. I was also talking from a Lunatic point of view, which is way different from the lower difficulties. When a wave starts, it doesn't start out smoothly, there are some annoying crisscrosses that you have to dodge and I find them pretty tight as well.

« Reply #190 on: November 10, 2016, 02:54:33 PM »
Thanks for the help but I already know how to do it. I was also talking from a Lunatic point of view, which is way different from the lower difficulties. When a wave starts, it doesn't start out smoothly, there are some annoying crisscrosses that you have to dodge and I find them pretty tight as well.

Ohhh...

Glad to know I am not alone in thinking this spell is ridiculously annoying- honestly it feels a bit out of place for a Stage 1 Spellcard. Its not until around Stage 3 (Maybe sometimes Stage 2 Final Spell can get nasty) you find something thats harder to dodge, smh.

Of course its not THAT hard, but it really is for a Stage 1 attack... in fact, its an autobomb for me. Yes. An autobomb. For a STAGE 1 attack!

No other Stage 1 attack has had this "honor" for me so far... ugh...

Then again this is the same game in which I perfected the entire Stage 4 in Lunatic, and Stage 3 as a whole is way harder than Stage 4 to the point sometimes I seriously believe it would be more coherent if these two stages switched positions... the difficulty is all over the place on LoLK.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2016, 02:58:19 PM by IlikeBulletZ »

Karisa

• Extend!
  • High scores are meant to be broken.
« Reply #191 on: November 11, 2016, 04:46:36 AM »
If there was any confusion-- "The Eagle Has Been Shot" is specifically the Lunatic spell. In other difficulties it's called "Eagle Shooting".

« Reply #192 on: November 19, 2016, 01:04:25 AM »
So lately I have been trying to do Lunatic PointDevice runs without using bombs (With exception of the Junko?s very last spellcard which I always bomb to death no matter the mode because I don't feel like learning THAT anytime soon).

For the most of the part, I do fine, theres been a couple of tricky spellcards I was used to just auto-bomb, but I learned how to do almost all attacks in the whole game somewhat consistently by now (Again, excluding Junko?s very last attack)... with the exception of...

This spellcard is extremely annoying. It just RUINS my No-Bombs PD runs because it just stops me dead for a good ~15 minutes every single time. I know I am probably missing some strat or something that makes it easy, and I

Really

Do not enjoy watching others replays for when I am stuck like this, but I might just have to study off of someone that can actually cap this, because I cant for the life of me consistently capture this thing. And I HAVE tried- Its a good thing the history is capped at 99+, because in reality its probably like 01/300+, and its only getting worse!

The ONE (Now two at the time of this writing) time I captured it felt like mere speedkill luck- in fact I believe its possible to speedkill this thing at full power without moving to the sides at all- but of course PointDevice reduces your power by 0.01 each death... so I couldn't test that.

It really does not help that these stupid balls of fire are very clippy, and its just boring. At least Clownpiece?s opener and 2nd non-spell, as hard as they are, are fun to dodge. This really not so much.

« Last Edit: November 19, 2016, 01:20:38 AM by IlikeBulletZ »

« Reply #193 on: November 19, 2016, 07:56:44 AM »
Clownpiece's third spell
It is really annoying, and seems like replays are a last resort option for you, so maybe this can help?
[attach=1]

what I do is: try to stay at roughly this height, then tap away from the wave until the fireballs spawn graze items, move slightly farther away and go through the gap the outer balls make; then go to one side, repeat, then center, then the other side, etc.
You need to get a rhythm for this, because the fireballs get slower the longer you stay close to them and if you do, you won't be able to switch sides as easily (or at all); that height gives you enough room to back down further and try to make a gap somewhere else.

You can speedkill it at full power, but it does need you to be a little lucky with the second layers of fireballs to not force you down faster and/or not cut you off from following Clownpiece. From my experience, Reimu and Sanae barely manage a capture, Reisen is a little easier and, with good RNG (and optimal tapping), Marisa can do it even at level 3

Things I've done (and maybe will improve):
SA L6MNB | SA Lunatic 3b Scorerun | MoF LNB | PCB LNB |DDC LNB

« Reply #194 on: November 19, 2016, 03:21:11 PM »
Ok thanks I will try this strat the next time I get to this spell, then...

Good to know its possible to just speedkill it, too... although it seems kind of unlikely. And risky...
Especially because I Main Sanae, and I might also use Reimu soon as well, then Reisen because why not.

I never use Marisa at all. Yet she has the easiest time with this one attack...
« Last Edit: November 19, 2016, 03:24:52 PM by IlikeBulletZ »

RB

« Reply #195 on: November 20, 2016, 12:55:48 AM »
There's also another tip you can use once you've created your gap. The less dense fireball ring, even though they look uninteresting, they can actually trap you if you don't position yourself correctly.
You have to position yourself between two fireballs of the less dense ring, then do what Mero just said above, thus there will be no fireballs to block your escape route, as seen in the picture below.

Just keep this in mind for every wave she fires and you can essentially trivialize it to its Normal variation.

« Reply #196 on: November 25, 2016, 01:42:22 AM »
I will definitively try to get that damn spellcard with all of these tips the next time, thanks all!

At the moment, though, I am currently getting a bit annoyed at PCB Phantasm... there almost no real specific part that troubles me (I cleared the whole thing like 5 times already), its just that the conditions I imposed for myself make it a bit harder than usual...

Sorry if there are typos, spellcheck does not seem to work at the moment for whatever reason.

« Reply #197 on: November 28, 2016, 01:31:03 AM »
Now this doesn't happen everyday... Just lost an LNB in DDC to my laptop spontaneously restarting.

« Reply #198 on: November 28, 2016, 05:17:08 PM »
Dear Yukari,

I love how I work hard to play throughout the entire stage perfectly (NMNBNBB) up until Boundary of Life and Death, and its THEN when you decide to troll me and move around SO DAMN MUCH, screwing up the pattern and killing me, making me waste yet another 15 minutes at reaching this part AGAIN.

I mean, it would not be so bad if it was at the start of the run... maybe halfway there... but no, its RIGHT AT THE END!.

I don't really get what makes her move like 8 times in most of my runs, whenever I do follow her or not does not seem to matter, or whenever I am to her left or right, she just randomly decides to move and it kills me (literally). The few times she didn't, I already screwed up somewhere else in the run, lol.

Its really the 1 thing that's not consistent at all. Everything else is relatively easy to perfect so long as I am not stupid.

« Reply #199 on: November 28, 2016, 08:18:53 PM »
Charming Siege from All Sides is a garbage spell for NMNBNBB runs. I get to grind a snooze of a stage for 7 minutes per run to even get to the card, then it's a roll of the dice whether it's going to cooperate or not. Glad I (probably) never have to deal with it again.

« Reply #200 on: November 29, 2016, 12:32:59 AM »
That feel when were this close to achieving something, but you screw up with ONE mistake and it just leaves a sour taste on your achievement?

That's what I am feeling right now, after getting my Phantasm "Perfect" run:

No Miss, No Bomb... 1 Border Break to Double Black Death Butterfly...  :(

Why?

I mean part of me feels actually quite OK because it means I am probably going to get it soon (I seriously hope so), but the other part of me does not want to have anything to do with this crap anymore at the moment...  :wat:

I will try again some other day, I do not feel like trying anymore today after that. 

« Last Edit: November 29, 2016, 12:34:42 AM by IlikeBulletZ »

« Reply #201 on: November 29, 2016, 02:24:58 AM »
I 100% feel you on that one BulletZ. As someone who very recently made that same grind, losing the run to a random border break suuuuuucks.

« Reply #202 on: December 11, 2016, 04:00:56 AM »
This is a rage thread right? So..... Mokou. Mokou is super annoying. I can perfect her stage and Keine, but she.... Iwakasa might kill me, but I am good about bombing it. Flying Pheonix is ok, just a bit of misdirection. Honest Man is easy if I am focused on the laser. I memorized the safe spot Forgiving Shrine. Woo is ok... but it's Phoenix Tail. It's too random. I can't do it, especially because I am clumsy and get clipped way too much.

« Reply #203 on: December 14, 2016, 05:01:21 AM »
Oh Kagerou, you're the only Stage 3 boss that can hit me six times in one battle :V

RB

« Reply #204 on: December 17, 2016, 03:09:28 PM »

Cucked away from first Western non-Reimu LNB. The run went pretty well at first, with 7 misses up until Clownpiece where it trainwrecked from there. I've been put into a similar situation as my Reimu LNB but this time I wasn't so lucky at PDH.

Worst part is that I could've milked her fourth non more and get an extra life to tank through this but I didn't.

WindyKitsune

• Lumin(ifer)ous Touhouism
« Reply #205 on: December 19, 2016, 11:19:29 AM »

A good candidate 1cc match in MoF.

It's easy dumping your best runs in Touhou...

« Reply #206 on: January 07, 2017, 03:10:37 AM »
[attach=1]
>When you lose a no miss run to the easiest attack
lol

Replay for those interested

ZM

• Overly Eager
  • Sanae~
« Reply #207 on: January 07, 2017, 07:37:46 AM »
[attach=1]
>When you lose a no miss run to the easiest attack
lol

Replay for those interested

yeeowch

LNM soon! maybe LNN
« Last Edit: January 07, 2017, 07:39:19 AM by ZM »

« Reply #208 on: January 08, 2017, 02:42:58 AM »
At least the death was silly enough to laugh it off, I feel I would have been very upset dying elsewhere

LNM should be no problem I think, I just need to pay better attention. I don't see myself falling for the LNN meme anytime soon tho :V

« Reply #209 on: January 21, 2017, 01:43:10 AM »
Current Goal: Do a IN Lunatic 1cc with Solo Alice, because I hate myself.

Level of Frustration: Freaking HIGH, dammit, you know a shottype is bad when it has problems doing Stage 2 :/ Actually, has problems doing pretty much all stage portions...

I have been mading some progress, but my best as of now is just a Game Over at Reimu?s Last Spell. Its not as bad as it seems though, pretty sure Stage 5 has a net positive gain in resources so long as I don't mess Reisen fight too bad...but then there is Eirin...

This is going to get interesting...
« Last Edit: January 21, 2017, 01:45:42 AM by IlikeBulletZ »