Author Topic: 東方魔宝城 (Touhou Mahoujou) ~ Book of Star Mythology  (Read 74100 times)

Uruwi

• Nightmare of Torrential Precipitation
  • 478 million goober
foo = foldl $ flip ($)
Highest difficulty 1CCed for each game, by shot type in the original order. (-: never 1CCed on any difficulty, or never used; E: easy, N: normal, H: hard, L / U: lunatic / unreal.)
EoSD [NNNE] PCB [EE--N-] IN [NEEE + Ex Border] PoFV [Mystia N, Mystia E no charge] MoF [EN--H- + Ex Marisa B] SA [N-----] UFO [----EN] TD [NENE] DDC [EE-EHE + Ex Marisa B & Sakuya A] LoLK [PD --N- Legacy ---N] EE [N- + Ex Yabusame] EMS [N-- + Ex Yabusame] RMI [NHN + Ex YaoSuku]
Avelantis (demo) Easy YuukiB 426,077,200

Re: 東方魔宝城 (Touhou Mahoujou) ~ Book of Star Mythology
« Reply #121 on: October 16, 2016, 11:56:39 PM »
Got my MarisaA Lunatic 1cc. Took some restraint not to bomb everything, and that's probably why it took 2 tries. Once I set up my annotations, I'll upload it to Youtube. After trying to crop out the sides for like an hour, I just gave up. For now, I'll just use it for my notes.

...it sucks not being SanaeA.

Edit: It's done! I took my sweet time with it.

MarisaA Lunatic 1CC
« Last Edit: October 17, 2016, 07:03:32 AM by FleetingGaze »

« Reply #122 on: October 17, 2016, 03:59:36 AM »
Is there anywhere else where its available for download? I'm having no luck downloading from axfc, as in I only manage about 20MB of the full 206mb before it suddenly stops downloading. I really wanna play this too >.<

EDIT: Nevermind, got it to finally work after hours of trying!
« Last Edit: October 17, 2016, 06:20:09 AM by BlueDigitalDragon »

DarkPermafrost

• Wandering Lone Wolf
« Reply #123 on: October 18, 2016, 04:39:17 AM »
I got around to uploading my much better but still pretty bad SanaeA Lunatic 1cc.

Grrr.
---
YouTube

« Reply #124 on: October 20, 2016, 02:57:12 AM »
Do you guys have any suggestion on how to reduce the fps slowdown on a few cards?  From what I've tinkered with the settings, the last 2 bosses' spellcards (and most of their nonspells) have been giving me a really nasty slowdown.

It's a bit odd since I've even lowered the effects and background settings, but it seems to be solemnly the danmaku's fault.  Is there any way to get a more reliable 60 fps?

« Reply #125 on: October 20, 2016, 03:36:36 AM »
In the games code, go into "script/th_bsm/lib/zakolib/lib_zakodraw.dnh" (you can open dnh files with notepad). At line 291, there should be a function that says "DrawFamiliarHitodama". Put "//" in front of that function. That should drastically reduce the lag on Nezu, though her familiars won't have the little fire trails on them.

Still trying to figure out a way to reduce lag on Fuuma. Think it has something to do with the lasers, but I have no idea what about the lasers would be causing so much. I can let you know if I find a fix.
My name is Tres. It sounds like "Tray". Tressert is "Tray-zurt"; like Tres dessert.
I've cleared every touhou game on Lunatic, and beaten every extra except SoEW.
NMNB: MoF Hard, SA Extra, UFO Extra

« Reply #126 on: October 20, 2016, 03:57:22 AM »
Not sure if this helps any, but if you're using SanaeA that may play into the lag. I experience lag occasionally on Nezu's midboss nonspell on Stage 6 only with SanaeA, (Curiously not with MarisaA) probably because her piercing shot hits so many targets. For half of the spell cards toward the end of stage 6, they use the extra hands that all have hitboxes...so maybe because it hits so many targets?

Randomly guessing here based on my experience.

« Reply #127 on: October 20, 2016, 04:04:48 AM »
Hey thank you both for the suggestions!  Yeah, I've been noticing Sanae A has some really strange FPS drops that I don't see when playing with other characters.  I'm gonna be trying other shottypes out and see if it helps.

And thanks for the headsup too TresserT!  I'll definitely give it a go and see if it improves!

Validon98

• Deathguard Night Sparrow
  • Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #128 on: October 20, 2016, 08:04:18 AM »
So, the OST has been officially released on the site, and it includes both arranges of all the music and the music for the Extra stage. From rough translations, they're called "Acheron Higan Trip" and "Sword of the Fallen Hero ~ Legend of Sanada" respectively. So... Extra boss related to Sanada Yukimura, maybe?
Derping at Touhou since June 2012, derping at RPing Touhou since Feburary 2013.

Devil of Decline Partial English Gameplay Patch!
Let's Play Nightmare of Rebellion!

« Reply #129 on: October 20, 2016, 07:42:20 PM »
So, the OST has been officially released on the site, and it includes both arranges of all the music and the music for the Extra stage. From rough translations, they're called "Acheron Higan Trip" and "Sword of the Fallen Hero ~ Legend of Sanada" respectively. So... Extra boss related to Sanada Yukimura, maybe?

Wooow, that ex boss theme is intense!  I can't help but think of White Names' Spoiled past 1st extra boss' OST.  Maybe it's by the same composer?  Nonetheless, looking forward even more to the Ex release now!

« Last Edit: October 20, 2016, 08:13:28 PM by Linnah »

CreepyNinja_

• Just Another Luna Dodger :v
« Reply #130 on: October 22, 2016, 08:19:28 PM »
I think that it will be my favourite fan made game for long time ^^
Welp, I made a Lunatic clear too, with ReimuA. First objective reached - 10b score!
If anybody wants to see it, here it is: https://youtu.be/VQ-07fst4B8
« Last Edit: October 22, 2016, 08:22:14 PM by CreepyNinja_ »

Uruwi

• 478 million goober
« Reply #131 on: October 24, 2016, 05:33:53 AM »
Lidera updated with a 21.1b Lunatic and a 19.4b Normal.

He posted the Normal replay. Note that you need the Effect setting to be at 0, or the replay will desync during the Nezu fight.
foo = foldl $ flip ($)
Highest difficulty 1CCed for each game, by shot type in the original order. (-: never 1CCed on any difficulty, or never used; E: easy, N: normal, H: hard, L / U: lunatic / unreal.)
EoSD [NNNE] PCB [EE--N-] IN [NEEE + Ex Border] PoFV [Mystia N, Mystia E no charge] MoF [EN--H- + Ex Marisa B] SA [N-----] UFO [----EN] TD [NENE] DDC [EE-EHE + Ex Marisa B & Sakuya A] LoLK [PD --N- Legacy ---N] EE [N- + Ex Yabusame] EMS [N-- + Ex Yabusame] RMI [NHN + Ex YaoSuku]

Mino ☆

• PCB player.
  • Touhou Hobbyist
« Reply #132 on: October 25, 2016, 02:58:10 AM »

There. Finally managed to do Lunatic No Bomb of this game. lol.

12 misses total. Includes a NMNB stage 5. Managed to hit max resources mid-final boss, but then spend most of those resources dying to random shit everywhere. It's just not even funny how much harder the final boss is compared to the rest of the game, lol. Then again I was using ReimuA.

ReimuA isn't really good at the final boss, but she excels at everything else in the game. I love the Gohei itself, so I'm willing to use her despite SanaeA being the better choice.

Edit: Here's an annotated commentary video of the LNB! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KmjzQSWoyc
« Last Edit: October 25, 2016, 04:50:43 PM by Mino ☆ »

Lino Lyrac

• Colorful Shrine Maiden
  • Im a Colorful Shrine Maiden!
BoSM Unlocking Last Words
« Reply #133 on: November 02, 2016, 09:12:19 PM »
well,kinda of thinking it... how exactly that works? (i know 
Spoiler:
Fuma Mishandra
will act instantly)
because... in my first run with Sanae Lunatic (triforce mode XD) i managed to recollect each girl last word Except Tobiko
and then i went to try Marisa B Hard,but this time Tobiko's Last word was activated... how do can know?
« Last Edit: November 02, 2016, 09:16:31 PM by Houraisan »
Tenshi adventures in Process!
(Also with hungry)

Re: BoSM Unlocking Last Words
« Reply #134 on: November 02, 2016, 09:16:42 PM »
There's a number on the left side of the magnitude gauge which is the required amount of wishpoints to activate a last word.  Just need to collect enough and the last word will occur.

By the way, instead of making a whole thread, try posting next time on the BoSM thread!  It's better that way to keep discussions relevant, and doesn't flood the board with threads, etc.

Good luck!

Lino Lyrac

• Colorful Shrine Maiden
  • Im a Colorful Shrine Maiden!
« Reply #135 on: November 02, 2016, 09:17:51 PM »
but how exactly you determinate which magnitude is enough?
Tenshi adventures in Process!
(Also with hungry)

« Reply #136 on: November 02, 2016, 09:34:54 PM »
This is the number that tells you how many wish items you need for the Last Word:

[attach=1]

Maple

• Mukyuu!
« Reply #137 on: November 02, 2016, 09:42:56 PM »
Oyasu Milka (plot writer) making commentary of the game translation. Oh, and also about the music comments.

I'm not sure if he's delighted or angry over the liberties taken in translating the pun.

Karisa

• Extend!
  • High scores are meant to be broken.
« Reply #138 on: November 03, 2016, 02:01:58 AM »
By the way, instead of making a whole thread, try posting next time on the BoSM thread!  It's better that way to keep discussions relevant, and doesn't flood the board with threads, etc.
No need for that; I'd merge it as soon as I see it anyway.

« Reply #139 on: November 27, 2016, 04:01:20 AM »
Is there an exact date or is it still just sometime in November?

Himura Hashimoto

« Reply #140 on: November 27, 2016, 10:01:51 AM »
We got a sneak peek of the extra stage, it seems~  :3

https://twitter.com/OyasuMilka/status/799245996282650624

☆ Kana ☆

• Vanishing Dream
  • Lost Dream
    • lololololo tungle
« Reply #141 on: November 27, 2016, 11:47:27 AM »
O-oh jeez, that's a LOT of arrowhead danmaku...  :ohdear: (Though the pattern(s) seem to be fairly static, at least?)

Anyways, looking forward to the extra stage release! (Will it still be this month or...?)
Dream a dream so grand...that it becomes a nightmare.

Himura Hashimoto

« Reply #142 on: December 01, 2016, 05:39:32 PM »
According to Oyasu Milka's Twitter, they game might be delayed, but since I'm not that good at Japanese, I could be wrong.

https://twitter.com/OyasuMilka/status/803605099884883968
https://twitter.com/OyasuMilka/status/802502810029854720

You might want to check out the Twitter itself because I can't decipher these tweets.

https://twitter.com/OyasuMilka/

« Reply #143 on: December 20, 2016, 04:34:49 PM »
http://th-jss.cocolog-nifty.com/blog/2016/12/post-39cc.html

seems like we are getting the EX on the 24th...
« Last Edit: December 22, 2016, 11:15:53 PM by Gradius2002 »

Uruwi

• 478 million goober
« Reply #144 on: December 23, 2016, 04:35:40 AM »
Nezu looks horny in that second screenshot.
foo = foldl $ flip ($)

« Reply #145 on: December 24, 2016, 09:37:38 AM »
The Ex stage video was posted on NND: http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm30284623

It seems that the ex patch download itself will be delivered between 8 and 9 PM in Japan, which means it should be in... 1:30 ish hours? 

nonetheless, wow.  Not gonna spoil anything but this was really well made!  I loved it! 

« Reply #146 on: December 24, 2016, 02:57:12 PM »
The download link is up anywayz...

I actually laughed out when I first saw the battleship part lolz...

« Reply #147 on: December 24, 2016, 03:12:48 PM »
Spoiler:
I just saw someone livestream it and I can say the boss reminds me of Zatsune Miku. Also one of the spellcards might be referencing Sanra from BPOHC

Validon98

• Deathguard Night Sparrow
  • Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #148 on: December 24, 2016, 04:17:10 PM »
So I just rebeat the game to be able to try this Extra.

Spoiler:
I ended up losing all my lives because for some reason none of my deathbombs seemed to want to work, and also I think the danmaku is uh... a tiny bit ridiculous. Just a tiny bit. Like maybe really ridiculous what the fuck is this garbage.
Derping at Touhou since June 2012, derping at RPing Touhou since Feburary 2013.

Devil of Decline Partial English Gameplay Patch!
Let's Play Nightmare of Rebellion!

Das

• w e w
« Reply #149 on: December 24, 2016, 07:37:34 PM »
 BoSM Extra Clear

Extra Clear, Quality is rather low but im sure it's ok.

My thoughts? : It's a rather fun extra even if I bombed quite a bit on some later patterns. I like most of these spells and the music is pretty fuckin lit too.

Spell histories are accurate.