Author Topic: Touhou 14.5: 東方深秘録 ~ Urban Legend in Limbo. is HM sequel, demo at Comiket 87  (Read 806571 times)

Some people seem to be taking this as "never mod our game in any way", so I'd just like to point out that they only require you to sign the agreement if you want to use their online matchmaking service (which I don't think even exists yet, they just added the agreement to the game files in 1.10). So if you're not using their non-existent service that's probably only usable in Japan anyway, they aren't saying anything one way or another.

Someone can translate the network menu of 1.11 version

Technically it is since you are modifying something inside the game.

...Which brings us to another question: Why check for things that are outside the game, anyway?
Because whoever did it doesn't understand how mods are made. Or cheats. What they did will stop casual people but that's about it.

So let's talk fighting games and netplay and how 'cheats' work. It's a peer to peer connection, meaning the two clients are directly connected, and the only game information that is transferred is input data. If any input data is modified on one side only, the game desyncs and becomes unplayable. If any game data is changed on one side only, the game desyncs and becomes unplayable. If their coding isn't deterministic, the game desyncs and becomes unplayable. So the most you can do is macros, which, honestly, don't even need to link into the program. So they can't be after that.

If they're worried about stats being manipulated for their online matching thingamabob, well, they better figure it out on the server side, because, again, you don't even need to modify the game for that. You can just catch the packets that it sends before they get to the server. You probably don't even need the game for this. Whoops.

So, quite frankly, their protection is either misguided or it is specifically targeting modders.

Not that it'll stop anyone determined enough.

I think their code guy was just really bored.

Perhaps there can be something done with online matchmaking so that people who play the English patch version can only play against other people who have the English patch version while those who have the Japanese base game can play against the Japanese base game players.

This could bypass any problems with desyncs in game data for online play and possibly be a work around for the online matchmaking feature for that user agreement.

Or, the English patch can be for everything except the online play... Online fighting game players are pretty hardcore people anyway who would barely look at menus and have everything memorized if they don't speak Japanese... Well I'm just assuming anyway.

I miss the Arcade Mode.

Me too : (

Spotty Len

• The Spottiest Len Around
  • Yuuka Master Race
Hey, I might be a bit off-topic, but I wanted to mention that this site recently opened up. It's basically a hub for lobbies on a variety of fighting games (including Hisoutensoku and ULiL), so people can create lobbies and find players more easily. It was created with Europe in mind, but the whole world can use it.

While this might seem less reliable than IRC for immediate play, it may also help finding other players, and lobbies are also a nice thing to have. It has Twitter support so you can get notified when people create lobbies. Besides, if any of you plays any of the other games present on the site, that might be of some interest for you.

Dream Wanderer

I've been wondering, has anyone made any progress on finding a way around the new issue that was introduced with the 1.10/1.11 patches? (The one that's still preventing some people with Nvidia systems from accessing their .exe's and playing the game.) I'm unsure whether the problem can be fixed with a hex edit similar to the great workaround made last time, or if it's something else that needs investigating. (Has anyone managed to find a code pattern similar to last time? It may not be the same numbers.) I wish I could come up with more possible ways to find a solution and help everyone.  :(

cuc

• Probably won't respond 'til this mess is sorted o?
Re: Twilight Frontier's attitude

Their instruction manuals have included a "Disclaimer" section for some time (e.g. the one from SWR). The Disclaimer says:
It is forbidden to analyze the data of this software, such as decompiling its program, etc.

They never liked people modding their games.

has anyone made any progress on finding a way around the new issue that was introduced with the 1.10/1.11 patches?
I've asked the author of the patcher to write a new one that works with 1.11. This time it's a launcher:
http://1drv.ms/1J6yOpF

Put the files in the game folder. Every time you start the game, just run th145launch.exe.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2015, 12:56:18 PM by cuc »
Touhou Fantasy News: twitter

Leon゠Helsing

• 0 - The Fool
  • Pave your own path
I've asked the author of the patcher to write a new one that works with 1.11. This time it's a launcher:

Put the files in the game folder. Every time you start the game, just run th145launch.exe.
I tried downloading it with Firefox and Chrome, but both blocked it saying it's a virus for some reason. Any way to get around this?

EDIT: Never mind, turns out I can unblock it on Firefox.

EDIT2: There's slowdown on certain spots when I launch it through AppLocale, but other than that looks like it works fine.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2015, 01:19:06 PM by Leon゠Helsing »

cuc

For locale issues, you can also try Locale Emulator. Unlike other similar tools, this one is being regularly updated.
http://xupefei.github.io/Locale-Emulator/

Leon゠Helsing

• 0 - The Fool
  • Pave your own path
By the way, is there any reason the author had to switch from simple patching to DLL hooking?

cuc

The DLL hook is less prone to changes. As long as the protection scheme remains the same, the new launcher should always work.

Leon゠Helsing

• 0 - The Fool
  • Pave your own path
I see. Wonder if brliron can find a way to integrate that to the translation patch?

Wow, this actually works for me. Thanks a lot!

Dream Wanderer

Thank you so much for the link cuc!  You and the creator of this launcher have made myself and many others I'm certain a great deal happier.

Quwanti

• Pixel stuff
So what exactly is this in-game Lobby thing. I doubt I'll get a connection from it, but I'm still interested in how it works.
Well, I somewhat got it figured out, as I got a connection with 300~1400 ping.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2015, 07:24:32 PM by Quwanti »

FearNagae

• Hisouten/soku Enthusiast
So what exactly is this in-game Lobby thing. I doubt I'll get a connection from it, but I'm still interested in how it works.

It's basically a random matchmaking with someone else doing the same thing, most likely from japan.

Can you give me some hints as to how it works? I'm a little clueless...

Hey guys! There's gonna be a little tourney for this game for NA players this week on the 5th, at http://challonge.com/uliltourney2. I hope you'll be able to join us.

PK

• Border of Whatever
Anyone has the translated profiles? They are untranslated in the wiki, but i remember seeing them translated here.

I made a bit of a video on Miko-sama

Well, It's my first time doing the video in this format, so there's a lot of minor errors here and there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mb1Bv1lhaFg

So apparently a standalone English patch for this game has been in development for a while. Anyone else heard of it?
A download link for the latest release candidate (th145e-RC2 as of this post) is available on thpatch.net's facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/touhoupatchcenter
« Last Edit: November 04, 2015, 04:26:01 PM by shockdude »
Playing Touhou since 18 March 2012. Playing video games since 19XX.
Normal 1CC: EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, SA, UFO, TD, DDC, HSiFS, CtC.
Extra 1CC: EoSD, PCB+Phantasm, IN, PoFV (K&S), MoF, SA, TD, HSiFS, CtC+Phantasm.
Hard 1CC: EoSD, PCB, IN, MoF, TD, CtC.
Lunatic 1CC: EoSD

Lukesky180

• Knight of the Hungry Ghost
  • Yuyuko-sama!
    • HSE-Endeavor's Robotics Team
So apparently a standalone English patch for this game has been in development for a while. Anyone else heard of it?
A download link for the latest release candidate (th145e-RC2 as of this post) is available on thpatch.net's facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/touhoupatchcenter
Yep, it's been in the works for some time now.

The latest release has pretty much everything translated, they're working on ironing out the kinks in formatting and stuff right now.
>This is the little mistress.
>Oh, hello little one!
Is this my dream, the destiny to behold?
~Sister of Scarlet~

*sigh* I remember when he worked on the standalone patch for HM and every so often he posted here on Shrinemaiden.org of his progress and we all gave him feedback on his design choices... good times.  :)

Is there a link to anything where we can see his progress with his patch? Like a blog, a Facebook page or something like that? I would hate for it to be all behind closed doors over at the patch center.

Your Everyday NEET

• Part time Researcher & Let's Player, full time NEET, also an eel
Is there a link to anything where we can see his progress with his patch? Like a blog, a Facebook page or something like that? I would hate for it to be all behind closed doors over at the patch center.
He gave the progress itself in the readme files within the patch flies itself

Ahh, that nice to hear...

But, uh, where exactly douse he host those patch files? I heard it was on Facebook or something but I don't have Facebook.  :derp:

Your Everyday NEET

• Part time Researcher & Let's Player, full time NEET, also an eel
Ahh, that nice to hear...

But, uh, where exactly douse he host those patch files? I heard it was on Facebook or something but I don't have Facebook.  :derp:
Facebook. I don't Facebook as well, but that doesn't stop me from downloading it.

cuc

(Twitter: 1, 2, 3)

Tasofro update: The long, long-awaited patch 1.20 will be released on Feb 9.

Changes to Barrier Guarding 1 (video)

- You will be able to input the barrier guard command during a hit-stop frame.
- This is to prevent cases when you couldn't use barrier guard due to frequent hit-stop frames caused by a multi-hit attack.

Changes to Barrier Guarding 2 (video)

- Previously when shooting at a barrier defense, the shooter will only be pushed back a limited total distance.
- This limit has been removed; now each shot will push the attacker back a little.

New mechanic: 割り込み宣言 Interrupt Declaration (video)

- During a block stun, press the Spell button twice to do an interrupt declaration.
- An interrupt declaration always costs 1000 spell gauge.
- It cannot be used during the opponent's spell card animation.

Judging from the video, an interrupt declaration can bounce the opponent away, so it is quite similar to the old bombing mechanic.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2016, 11:26:23 AM by cuc »

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
Oh boy, so pushblock is getting buffed (looks like in a similar fashion to HM's pushblock mechanic now), and we have guard bursts?

RIP Sukuna's guardcrush setup lol