Author Topic: Touhou Rage Thread XVI: Last-Second Clipdeaths Edition  (Read 230936 times)

Sakurei

• Banned
  • Frequently repeated unapologetic hostility
    • My Blog
Re: Touhou Rage Thread XVI: Last-Second Clipdeaths Edition
« Reply #480 on: April 14, 2014, 10:12:06 PM »
This fucking game

I cleared, but the problem with clearing was it was the first round of the Yumemi fight. I also had two extra lives I could use on her for more points. It's not like the round was particularly wild or crazy. The AI was just being a motherfucking asshole. She had full health and a bomb and went from that to death in less than 30 seconds; how am I even supposed to notice Yumemi killed herself that quickly. You guys have no idea how that shit feels. I'm mad, crying, disappointed, frustrated and shocked at the same time. This was a good run and the game literally just went "Nope" on me. Other than killing off Yumemi in record-time, there was hardly any way NOT to get 100m and this game just took the surefire way and went "not today, dipshit". I just hate this game. And the game hates me back with more intensity than my poor mind could possibly hope to handle.

With this run, it's confirmed that reaching 100m is impossible for me because the game will always and forever just tell me that I should just gtfo and play something else. It doesn't want to be played for score. It doesn't want to give out PBs. It wants to toy with your hopes and crush them. It wants to play with your heart and rip it to shreds. It wants crush your mind, turn you insane. It feeds off of the negative emotions the player has. That's how it survives. It nurtures the playing heart, plants hope into the run, only to leech off of the disappointment and frustration you're feeling afterwards.

When you play PoDD, you don't win or succeed. You survive. And if you do survive, it will make sure that you still can't feel victorious. It will give you the win in a way that you will wish you had lost. It will make you want to quit. But the game knows you can't. The game knows you will come back for more. Once you started, it will haunt you. And haunt you. And haunt you some more. Until the day you are dead, at which point it will bend over your cold, dead body and stare into your lifeless face, laughing at it mockingly, because it knows how much you hated it, but yet could do nothing against it. It knows it all. The pain will never stop...
« Last Edit: April 14, 2014, 10:27:45 PM by Sakurei »

Chuckolator

• ex-perfecter, good times
« Reply #481 on: April 15, 2014, 06:17:07 AM »
all I want is 500k all I want is 500k

:colonveeplusalpha:
Aiming to perfect every stage in Touhou. loljk don't care anymore You can find my perfects here or here.
Best perfects so far include UFO 6, MoF 4 and IN 6A.

formerly known as Seiga Kaku

Yatakarasu

• Always failing, sometimes winning!
  • Fail mode activate!
« Reply #482 on: April 15, 2014, 04:16:24 PM »
Dat Double KO
I was going for a Nomral No Bomb and I game over'd to Okuu...on her last card as she was dying.  :V I just couldn't do anything but laugh after that happened.
Oh well, I need to work on Yuugi and Satori anyway.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 04:21:51 PM by Yatakarasu »

Normal Clears: EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, SA, UFO, TD, DDC
Hard Clears: PoFV, SA, TD, DDC
Extra Clears: PoFV, MoF, SA, UFO, TD, DDC
Current touhou goal: Improve! ...1cc more Hard Modes

Szayelaporro Granz

• You can't use spellcards within my range
  • since I've already analyzed and sealed them all
« Reply #483 on: April 15, 2014, 05:03:00 PM »
^But, but... I haven't pulled a Normal 1cc on SA which I should have done a long time ago if I don't hate Orin! Judging from your accomplishments and your ava/sig, SA is your speciality. I'm honestly jealous :V
Normal 1cc: LLS, MS, EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, UFO, TD, DDC / Hard 1cc: EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF*, TD / Lunatic 1cc: PoFV / Extra 1cc: EoSD, PCB (+P), IN, PoFV, MoF, DDC
*Bug abuse.
Feel free to watch my crappy replays and twitch channel
My favorite touhou music

Yatakarasu

• Always failing, sometimes winning!
  • Fail mode activate!
« Reply #484 on: April 15, 2014, 05:19:08 PM »
^But, but... I haven't pulled a Normal 1cc on SA which I should have done a long time ago if I don't hate Orin! Judging from your accomplishments and your ava/sig, SA is your speciality. I'm honestly jealous :V
I love SA, it just doesn't love me back.  :V It was the first Touhou game I ever played (oh god I think I'm a masochist) and since seeing what Nindella did with it I've wanted to get somewhat good at it too.  :ohdear:
« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 06:26:29 PM by Yatakarasu »

Normal Clears: EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, SA, UFO, TD, DDC
Hard Clears: PoFV, SA, TD, DDC
Extra Clears: PoFV, MoF, SA, UFO, TD, DDC
Current touhou goal: Improve! ...1cc more Hard Modes

Lepetit89

• Deranged Collector
« Reply #485 on: April 16, 2014, 03:31:19 PM »
It eludes my mind why Sakuya's Spellcard in IN was designed the way it is. It is a valuable asset to a character with a wonderful spread-shot and somewhat low damage output, which the decent damage output of the Spellcard can make up for during harder patterns.

If only it didn't attack anything that moves, sometimes not even what I need to hit when there are several targets on the screen. There are situations in which it is completely ineffective or actually manages to make the situation even worse due to the lowered movement speed while the Spellcard is in use. Particularly Reimu's very first pattern is a terrible offender, that one is a nightmare.

Regardless, I still like Sakuya in IN.

On another note, I don't know what happened, but whatever Eirin launched at me during her second and third pattern, it didn't feel like Hard Mode. No idea if I caused something weird to happen, but that seemed like Lunatic, at the very least.

CyberAngel

• Retired
« Reply #486 on: April 16, 2014, 05:34:56 PM »
It eludes my mind why Sakuya's Spellcard in IN was designed the way it is.

It's essentially one of Sakuya's bombs from PCB. It didn't have any trouble back then because there were no familiars. I don't remember if the original one could pierce its target, but it would've been nice if it at least did that in IN. Alas. As for weird aiming tendencies, early games seem to have that problem in general, see Cranberry Trap and ReimuA. Reimu in IN has that problem with her bombs as well, but they at least have good bullet-cleaning explosions.

Smokey

• Not the cat
« Reply #487 on: April 17, 2014, 02:25:18 PM »
Decided to have this be one of those rare and special days where I play UFO. Cat jumped out from the window and onto my head during Kogasa's second card, causing me to miss. Immediately raged and quit. I think I'm too quick to find a reason to not play UFO.

Mino ☆

• PCB player.
  • Touhou Hobbyist
« Reply #488 on: April 17, 2014, 02:44:49 PM »
Ughhhh. Lost an SA 3MNB to Okuu's first spell. Why can't I play right when I have things at stake! x.x

Oh well. Gonna have to try again.

« Reply #489 on: April 17, 2014, 04:15:13 PM »
Mima....Mima....MIMA!!!
For the last months she is the reason why I can't even get to the final boss in Touhou 3. No matter what I do she always manage to outlive me even, when she should have expired several times already. Even Touhou 2 EX boss wasn't that bad.

Prior to that, Elis was the most hated boss in the Touhou games. She was a very big headache to beat in Touhou 1.

Oh

« Reply #490 on: April 18, 2014, 04:16:22 AM »

2.16 potential, died to moses miracle in a retarded way.
I'm more surprised I capped PWG in a real run.

LunarWingCloud

• Private Square
  • ♪ Present World Overhaul ♪
« Reply #491 on: April 18, 2014, 09:13:39 AM »
Let it be known that as of now in DDC, the numerous enemies flying in from the sides while I play as MarisaA are the bane of my existence. HEY. I AM TRYING TO COLLECT GOODIES FOR BONUS LIVES AND BOMBS. Y U GOTTA BE AN ASS AND CRASH INTO ME LIKE THAT?

*throws Master Sparks everywhere*

Actually between that and my derping which I mentioned in the derp thread, I'm kinda pissed I didn't get to save a replay and the game doesn't recognize I legitimately 1cc'd EoSD on Hard since I windowed out by accident. >_>
« Last Edit: April 18, 2014, 09:18:26 AM by LunarWingCloud »
I play Touhou on Twitch and YouTube. I'm not that good, but I'm informative when I can be. Follow me.

Mr Jovial

• Commander of the Whale Legion
  • ~Having a whale of a time~
« Reply #492 on: April 18, 2014, 11:33:43 AM »
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

6 miss LNB run on IN. Could easily have been 4 but had 2 stupid misses: one to the stage 6 enemies and another to midboss Eirin. Also failed Kaguya's 2nd last spell with 00 on the timer.

Shimatora

• I'm not clumsy...
  • Really...!
« Reply #493 on: April 18, 2014, 01:57:06 PM »
TD Stage one spirits spawning on top of me to this day I swear to fu-

Visit #sokumaidens on irc.ppirc.net for discussion and matchmaking for a wide variety of fighting games!
Feel free to message me if you need anything!

Lepetit89

• Deranged Collector
« Reply #494 on: April 18, 2014, 02:40:21 PM »
Taking one of Eiki's high-speed barrages from point blank range, more than 2 minutes into round three, when the match could have ended any second. It would be frustrating, if only it weren't so much fun.

Edit: Another round three past three minutes, both Eiki and I down to the last sliver of health, I've got only one spell left, Eiki is on my side of the screen and Lily Black shows up. I manage to wear her down after clearing a few bullets, Eiki disappears around the same time and I manage to rush between a few bullets and get to the G-Item that Lily dropped, which gives me enough time to claim victory.

God, I always come to realize this whenever I play PoFV, but it's the best game in the series. I love it too much.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2014, 03:31:39 PM by Lepetit89 »

« Reply #495 on: April 18, 2014, 03:59:47 PM »

Laser wheels too strong ;_;

Mino ☆

• PCB player.
  • Touhou Hobbyist
« Reply #496 on: April 18, 2014, 04:44:04 PM »
ADFGADFGFD! Gah, I had an SA PB going on and then I fucking hit an amulet wave after midboss Orin! Why am I so pathetic and weak!? ADFGADFGADFGO

Now I have to go through stage 1 again.  :fail:

I need some punishment for that offense. I wonder what I should do to myself for failing....

Oh

« Reply #497 on: April 18, 2014, 04:58:56 PM »
I need some punishment for that offense. I wonder what I should do to myself for failing....

You're already doing it (stage 1).

Zil

« Reply #498 on: April 19, 2014, 04:41:51 AM »
God, I always come to realize this whenever I play PoFV, but it's the best game in the series. I love it too much.
Yes! Try playing it for high scores sometime. It makes it even better. (And this world needs more PoFV players.)

Lepetit89

• Deranged Collector
« Reply #499 on: April 19, 2014, 07:32:35 AM »
Yes! Try playing it for high scores sometime. It makes it even better. (And this world needs more PoFV players.)

It's probably the one game I could imagine playing for high scores, I think I might actually do that once I'm done with the new games. Going to have to figure out how to go about it, though, I don't think I've ever cared about scoring at all.

« Reply #500 on: April 19, 2014, 04:51:25 PM »
poop nerves ruined a 670m run

Espadas

• You're gonna have a bad time
« Reply #501 on: April 19, 2014, 06:07:38 PM »
Have you tried downloading the Vsync patch?
.....right now i'm feeling really NOOB..... didn't even know this thing existed.....
Is there any way to check if the game i'm running have this patch? I *think* i got the game a long time ago from Moriyashrine....

And since i like to play with the "original" games, should i use it or not? I mean, is it like the hitbox patch that didn't exist in the original game and as such is sometimes frowned upon?

And just to stay in-topic..... HATE YOU MAZE OF LOVE..... Double KO is like a kick in the jewels....

« Reply #502 on: April 19, 2014, 06:57:42 PM »
I don't know that if I should be happy or just pissed off that the vsync patch has turned my average EoSD extra run from 1life with variable bombs left instantly into 3 lives with variable bombs left.

QED can still go screw itself though. So close to capturing so many times, only to get clipped at the end -.-
Normal 1CC's - EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, SA, UFO, TD, DDC, LoLK
Hard 1CC's - EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, DDC
Lunatic 1CC's - PCB, IN, PoFV
Extra Clears - EoSD (+Ultra), PCB (+Phantasm), IN (+Ultra), PoFV, MoF, DDC
Youtube

Andrew

• Retired player
« Reply #503 on: April 19, 2014, 08:39:27 PM »
.....right now i'm feeling really NOOB..... didn't even know this thing existed.....
Is there any way to check if the game i'm running have this patch? I *think* i got the game a long time ago from Moriyashrine....

And since i like to play with the "original" games, should i use it or not? I mean, is it like the hitbox patch that didn't exist in the original game and as such is sometimes frowned upon?
You should have vpatch.exe, vpatch.ini and the appropriate dll in the directories for the Touhou games you want to use the patch for. If you don't have the vpatch files, you can download them from here:
http://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Game_Tools_and_Modifications#Vsync_Patches

And no, it's different from the hitbox patch, because the games were never intended to have input lag in them to begin with, and some older computers don't have the input lag problem, so the vpatch simply puts everyone on a level playing field. I recommend using it for EoSD and PCB, and on some computers, it makes a smaller but still noticeable difference for IN, PoFV, StB and MoF as well.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2014, 08:48:28 PM by Andrew »

Espadas

« Reply #504 on: April 20, 2014, 12:38:45 AM »
Thanks Andrew for the info, and guess what? I was playing without it.... as soon as i woke up Tomorrow i'm gonna download and install it ASAP :P

.....10 bucks says i'll play WORSE :D :D gotta adapt to the new reactions.

Espadas

« Reply #505 on: April 20, 2014, 07:52:58 AM »
Umm, quick question: the download page says it will need AppLocale to work, but AppLocale's page says it works only on XP and 2003 Server.....
I have Windows 7 Ultimate.... what should i do?

Zil

« Reply #506 on: April 20, 2014, 08:10:50 AM »
change system locale to Japanese

Jirachi

• Wish Maker
  • yawn...
« Reply #507 on: April 20, 2014, 03:00:12 PM »
AppLocale's page says it works only on XP and 2003 Server

Bullshit. It works. There's even a REG file that adds "Japanese Locale" to the context menu somewhere.

Lepetit89

• Deranged Collector
« Reply #508 on: April 20, 2014, 05:00:50 PM »
I'm having a hard time fathoming how hard time I'm having getting fully used to Sakuya in PoFV. So many great situations completely ruined by me inadvertently stopping spirits which wind up shooting me in the back or from the side when I really cannot afford to deal with them.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2014, 05:09:26 PM by Lepetit89 »

LunarWingCloud

• Private Square
  • ♪ Present World Overhaul ♪
« Reply #509 on: April 21, 2014, 02:30:14 AM »
What.

The fuck.

Happened?

I must be really rusty with SA because I ragequit at Rin. I had about 2, maybe 3 spare lives when I turned the game off. Usually when I get to her I have about 4 spare lives, maybe 5 or even 6 if I did well. But Yuugi and Satori took way more out of me than I remember them being a problem... It's kinda pathetic to think at one point I made it to Stage 5 with 8 spare lives only to lose them all between those 2 stages, and then I 1cc'd when I hardly had half that, and now I struggle to go into Stage 5 with a 5th spare life.

Ugh, I guess I need more practice with this game.
I play Touhou on Twitch and YouTube. I'm not that good, but I'm informative when I can be. Follow me.