Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10
Front Page Headlines / Re: The End of Shrinemaiden As We Know It
« Last post by Edible on February 16, 2020, 08:15:41 PM »
Yeah, if we had full access to the linode account it wouldn't be an issue.  Unfortunately that's not the case.
Part 08 - Things Have Changed

Once again, Koishi has to outgrow her former weaknesses. It's all to help a trapped and pitiful crow-human-chimera. Several dwellers of the mansion are working against her in this mission. Can she do it despite this opposition?
Help Me, Eirin! / Re: Labyrinth of Touhou 2 - 18F
« Last post by LonelyGaruga on February 16, 2020, 08:35:17 AM »

Doremy addition, specializes in using the 動揺 (Agitated/Upset) status effect and can interfere with special enemy buffs like "Increase the next attack's damage by XX%". 動揺 is exclusive to enemies and has no player equivalent. Tome of Reincarnation are replaced by Tome of Beginnings, the description indicates that using them has the same effect as a full reset, but refunds 100% of the money used on the character. The description makes no mention of the other special items that were used to buff characters, like the stat gems/orbs or Training Manuals, they may not exist. In a separate tweet, 3peso mentioned that it will no longer be possible to strengthen elemental affinities via the library, cutting it down to the basic 6 stats, citing unnecessary stat inflation for the late game as the reason.

There are more mysterious + signs next to character stats.
« Last post by Alfred F. Jones on February 16, 2020, 07:50:00 AM »
@admins
https://old.reddit.com/r/Archiveteam/comments/f44mxj/touhou_forum_maidens_of_the_kaleidoscope_is_going/fhqfkia/
First off, happy birthday (to me). (This might be my last birthday on this site and I'm not sure we'll even get to the site's 11th birthday at this rate.)

Second, thank you for passing that on. Unfortunately, it doesn't work. The linode login that I used can only be used to pay the bill and update the payment information used for the site and that is it. It can't even be used to open a ticket with linode, much less reset the root password.

I'm sorry. I wish I had good news with which to reply. Please thank that person for taking the time to try and help, at least.
Akyu's Arcade / Re: Fate/Grand Order - Round 3
« Last post by Aya Reiko on February 16, 2020, 06:28:44 AM »
Well... that just happened.

I just NP3'd Angry Mango.
Just after I reached Bond Level 10 with him too.

- - -
edit
- - -

The Garden of Sinners re-run is inbound.  And this will be our one and only time to acquire 4* Asagami Fujino.  (Unless the JP servers has a banner w/ her again.  Even then, it would mean you're waiting 2+ years for another chance.)
« Last post by Lebon14 on February 15, 2020, 10:56:22 PM »
@admins
https://old.reddit.com/r/Archiveteam/comments/f44mxj/touhou_forum_maidens_of_the_kaleidoscope_is_going/fhqfkia/
Hey u/ajshell1,

I work at Linode, and I'm hoping you can deliver a message for me to the operators of shrinemaiden.org's forum so that we can prevent the site from going down at all. I tried to register on the forum, but it appears registration is currently disabled.

First and foremost, I'm sorry for your loss. From the bit of reading I did, it sounds like TSO / Helvetica was a great friend who was a tremendous benefit to the Touhou community.

Through context from your forum I'm lead to believe that one of the administrators has access to a Linode user account, but they are having difficulty accessing the server via SSH because they do not have the root password. If they have permissions, they should be able to reset the root password of the server, and from there they can do anything they need in order to keep you up and running.

Thanks for forwarding this along if you can.

-Brian
« Last post by Nemo★Ma on February 15, 2020, 07:31:37 PM »
... ...

Just give me a call (via the forum PM, or discord (nemoma#0001) )if you guys need any help on moving the website (server choices, domain name related stuff -but that seems to be taken care of, backup/restore the forum, etc.).

From my experiences, while moving a site like MotK is a tedious process due to its size, it's certainly doable depending on how much one can backup.
Front Page Headlines / Re: helvetica has passed away
« Last post by Nemo★Ma on February 15, 2020, 07:27:19 PM »
... ...
Just learnt this from one of my Discord Servers.

This.. is really unexpected.

There's a term usually used in Chinese online circles: "我的青春结束了。" (My teenage life is over.), it's used when a long-time celebrity passed away, or a long-term works came to an end, or something similar.

And for me, hearing this news, my teenage life is indeed over.
« Last post by Helepolis on February 15, 2020, 07:55:04 AM »
Late to the thread because of time zones and IRL.

RikaNitori contains quite some threads which need to be archived or moved. The wiki is definitely something that needs to be mirrored, but Sparen seems to already have taken care of that.

I will see if I can backup stuff from the sticky threads. The number of danmakufu activity did decline a lot over the past years. I can somewhat see the same happening over at the Eastern Communities so it is not just us.

@ Forza,  right I somewhat promised you to build that app for easier order tracking and such in the past. . . orz
« Last post by niektory on February 15, 2020, 06:54:50 AM »
How important is the stuff in your sent/outbox? I have a "works for me" scraper to backup PMs, but it does require some setup on the users behalf. And it doesn't work on sent messages because I have none to test with :V
I do have some so perhaps I could help with that, just send me the code. But wait... then you'll have a sent message so you won't need my help anymore. ;)
I have a question about the status of Rumia's Party Games, particularly the Mystia's Stored Games subforum: The quests archived there tend to span multiple threads of 1000 posts per thread, which makes them a bit difficult and tedious to back up and preserve. I also heard that there were archive crawlers going around through the site, so what I would like to know is if the archive crawlers intend to back up MSG as well or if that would solely be our responsibility?
I'm backing up all threads I can access with my account, so yes, that includes MSG.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10