Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10
Front Page Headlines / Re: The successor to MotK
« Last post by nav' on February 19, 2020, 06:45:37 AM »
Hopefully someone can soon link it on the main page, next to or instead of the huge "regarding the future of MotK" link.
Front Page Headlines / Re: The End of Shrinemaiden As We Know It
« Last post by ふねん1 on February 19, 2020, 05:25:58 AM »
I'm afraid I'm not familiar with .csv files, is the one that was posted supposed to be basically every post from this site backed up (minus certain exceptions, as mentioned), or is it much more limited than that? I also don't really know how to use it myself, as Excel isn't opening it right lol. I might sound selfish by saying I'm primarily interested in my own post history, but I have a personal project I'd want to legitimately use that for, so I'm curious if I'd have to take other measures to preserve it beyond that .csv file.
« Last post by Kilgamayan on February 19, 2020, 04:55:49 AM »
No, posting anywhere is banned :V
« Last post by Z_A on February 19, 2020, 04:41:05 AM »
The Rules/ToS links on the register page need to be fixed. Is it okay to post in this thread?
« Last post by Edible on February 19, 2020, 04:33:39 AM »
Congrats!
« Last post by Silent Sinner in Scarlet on February 19, 2020, 04:16:57 AM »
Well, since this was the original domain, the fact that one of our resident archivists was able to regain control of it is music to my ears.
Front Page Headlines / Re: The End of Shrinemaiden As We Know It
« Last post by HTFCirno2000 on February 19, 2020, 03:39:56 AM »
Well. For years, I've always been told that digital storage media can hold the information of several dozen libraries. Always taken that fact for granted, but now it really hits home.
That shrinemaiden.csv is on this flash drive, in front of this Alice fumo. The concentrated text of the entire past 11 years completely fits on something smaller than a fumo with QUITE A LOT of room to spare. 11 years of ups, downs, forum games, fanfiction, banter between 2009-2020.

It's mind blowing to say the least.
« Last post by HTFCirno2000 on February 19, 2020, 02:42:35 AM »
Y'all BOUGHT the domain?  :o
I remember from the timeline that it would have cost a lot of money to do so.

https://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php?topic=8592.0
Quote from: Seventh Holy Scripture
April 2007: Katchura's webhosting unexpectedly expires, and shrinemaiden.com is taken offline without warning. His webhost, Globat, demands the exorbitant price of $99 for another year of hosting before they will relinquish the website data or domain name. Rather than cave to such extortion, Seventh Holy Scripture registers the current domain - shrinemaiden.org - and sets up yet another new forum with the assistance of TheStupidOne, while Katchura recuses himself from running the website.

I'm actually really surprised, this connects everything back together.
I'm highly optimistic.
Akyu's Arcade / Re: Fate/Grand Order - Round 3
« Last post by Ionasal kkll Solciel on February 19, 2020, 02:34:02 AM »
Valentine's was grindy as fuck, but at least it was mono-class. The horror of Valentine's 1, where you couldn't guarantee the classes you got aside from picking Knight classes or Cavalry classes; you gear up for a Rider set, and then surprise Demon just to fuck with you.

No MAGARE so far, but there's a lot of tickets and Quartz up for grabs, so there's still opportunity.
Front Page Headlines / The successor to MotK
« Last post by Karisa on February 19, 2020, 02:03:05 AM »
http://www.shrinemaiden.com/

Maidens of the Kaleidoscope v3 is live! A partnership with Tom (who's most well known for the LunarCast Replay Database), to give MotK a future. Tom has even managed to acquire MotK's original domain, as used in 2004-2007.

The site's usable, though the various forums within it still need to be organized, including porting useful information from MotK v2, creating new stickies, and so on. A nearly 11-year-old site going offline is going to be difficult. At least we have time to organize a transition to a new forum.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10