Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10
Akyu's Arcade / Re: Fate/Grand Order - Round 3
« Last post by Suwako Moriya on February 19, 2020, 01:16:54 PM »
Front Page Headlines / Re: The successor to MotK
« Last post by Suwako Moriya on February 19, 2020, 01:16:16 PM »
Once you've posted once you can upload your own avatar.
« Last post by Tengukami on February 19, 2020, 12:55:42 PM »
nice

edit: hm, for some reason the only avatar options I have on the new site are either PC-98 or no avatar. pretty sure this is some anti-tengu bias at play, for sure.
« Last post by Lebon14 on February 19, 2020, 11:58:41 AM »
Hopefully someone can soon link it on the main page, next to or instead of the huge "regarding the future of MotK" link.

This.
Front Page Headlines / Re: The End of Shrinemaiden As We Know It
« Last post by nav' on February 19, 2020, 11:56:46 AM »
Tom has already put up a mirror of the public part of the forum at archive.lunarcast.net/shrinemaiden.org.The .csv file posted contains the text content of (I assume) every post, its title, thread ID, name of the author, date of posting, and subforum it was in. It's not easy to use as is because of its huge size.

If you tell me exactly what you need I can probably help you.
Unfortunately this one still doesn't seem to work properly.

I'm probably going to prepare a small half-functional archive myself, but it's not going to be much more than a curio.
Front Page Headlines / Re: helvetica has passed away
« Last post by Tengukami on February 19, 2020, 10:53:18 AM »
I've been on this site since 2008 (maybe earlier?), initially to find Touhou fans who weren't on Desuchan. I hung out mostly in TARC for the first few months, eventually making my way to Cirno's Caf?. And what a breakthrough that was.

In this community, I found a lot more than just a place to talk about flying magical girls. I made some actual friends here, a few of whom I've met and hung out with in person. It gave me an outlet to exercise fiction. It saw me through as my marriage fell apart and I began questioning my gender identity.

There's been high drama and romance and fun and rage and just all the things you'd expect from a good online community, and font was to thank for all of these things.

I'll always think of her fondly. See you on Discord.
Front Page Headlines / Re: helvetica has passed away
« Last post by Fujiwara no Mokou on February 19, 2020, 07:41:51 AM »
How terrible. This community was my gateway as well. I have Helvetica and all of you in this community to thank for that.
« Last post by ふねん1 on February 19, 2020, 07:40:55 AM »
Well I can't really describe "exact" things I'd want, it's more having the post history to observe my general thought progression through certain periods of my Touhou career. I might be able to get what I want written down sooner rather than later, who knows. Don't worry about extracting anything right now, though thanks for the offer.

But on that note, I imagine we wouldn't be able to log in to Tom's archived version once the original goes down? In terms of my post history, the stuff I'd want to look up for reference is spread across many forum threads, so going to my post history from my profile would be the best way for me to do that on my own.
« Last post by niektory on February 19, 2020, 06:49:44 AM »
Tom has already put up a mirror of the public part of the forum at archive.lunarcast.net/shrinemaiden.org.
I'm afraid I'm not familiar with .csv files, is the one that was posted supposed to be basically every post from this site backed up (minus certain exceptions, as mentioned), or is it much more limited than that? I also don't really know how to use it myself, as Excel isn't opening it right lol. I might sound selfish by saying I'm primarily interested in my own post history, but I have a personal project I'd want to legitimately use that for, so I'm curious if I'd have to take other measures to preserve it beyond that .csv file.
The .csv file posted contains the text content of (I assume) every post, its title, thread ID, name of the author, date of posting, and subforum it was in. It's not easy to use as is because of its huge size.

If you tell me exactly what you need I can probably help you.
I'm now taking requests for the next M3. Usual procedure. Deadline for payments is the 24th.

Circle List: http://www.m3net.jp/attendance/circle2020s.php

Also, I do have a Discord, just PM me and ask if you would like to know.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10