Author Topic: You know you're addicted to Touhou when...  (Read 323334 times)

Re: You know you're addicted to Touhou when...
« Reply #450 on: June 08, 2009, 02:02:30 AM »
I was thinking of the Blackadder episodes where he tries to teach Baldrick how to do math. I then realized that it would have to be Baldrick's Perfect Math Class.

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #451 on: June 09, 2009, 03:04:39 AM »
When you're playing Knights in the Nightmare, you get to the second boss who has one attack that basically involves a lot of small star pieces, ALL OVER THE PLACE, and your reaction is "Aw, Marisa's noncard, WHYYYY"

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

« Reply #452 on: June 09, 2009, 05:37:00 AM »
I have a fannypack with "Narrow River Trading Co." across the front. It made me think "Prism River Trading Co."

flurk

• I'M IN YOUR SHMUP
  • GRAZING YOUR BULLETS.
« Reply #453 on: June 09, 2009, 06:55:03 AM »
... you not only downgrade your OS in order to make the PoFV English patch run properly, but you add the Touhou games manually to your dock (click for full size):
man, that's pretty hardcore. i only recognise the eosd icon.

"Eh, who needs brains in danmaku? Power, that's all you need!" -Kirisame Marisa

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #454 on: June 09, 2009, 08:22:36 AM »
man, that's pretty hardcore. i only recognise the eosd icon.

It's all of them, except for SWR, in sequential order from left to right. All the PC-98 games are under the first icon, because clicking it activates the Anex86 emulator. The one after EoSD is the retextured version. The icons themselves are just screencaps of the titlescreens, cropped and pasted to a transparent .png image.

God I need to get out of the house more often.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

KomeijiKoishi

« Reply #455 on: June 09, 2009, 05:29:09 PM »
You're addicted to Touhou when your brain works like a Danmakufu Visualizer when you hear music.

Easy Mode

« Reply #456 on: June 09, 2009, 07:46:55 PM »
My ringtones for text and calls are set  to Alice in Wonderland and Grimoire of Alice.

Kanako Yasaka

« Reply #457 on: June 10, 2009, 02:48:49 AM »
You have good taste.

Also, I addicted my sister's other friend to touhou. :O

« Reply #458 on: June 10, 2009, 03:45:30 PM »
You know you're not quite so addicted to Touhou when you see "SWR" and you still think "Super Wobot Roars."

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #459 on: June 10, 2009, 04:09:22 PM »
You know you're not quite so addicted to Touhou when you see "SWR" and you still think "Super Wobot Roars."
How funny that you bring this up, I was like that until about a month ago.
Now, this doesn't apply to me, but if SRW meant Scarlet Reather Wapsody, then you're definitively addicted to Touhou.

« Reply #460 on: June 11, 2009, 05:28:35 PM »
You know you're addicted when you consider Fist of the North Star's japanese title and come up with "Hokuto no Chen."

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #461 on: June 11, 2009, 07:31:15 PM »
I've been unconsciously capitalizing "orange" lately...
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #462 on: June 11, 2009, 08:05:03 PM »
When you're getting off a train and you hear the voice say "Please watch the gap between that train and the platform" and you expect an endless boundary of creepy eyes staring at you when you get off and are disappointed to only find the ground.

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

« Reply #463 on: June 11, 2009, 10:52:32 PM »
About five minutes ago, my brain mentally segued between the stage 1 theme from UFO and the stage 1 theme from Mystic Square. I'm not sure whether this says more about me or ZUN's music.

Drake

« Reply #464 on: June 11, 2009, 11:22:05 PM »
I'm gone through nearly every Windows song in one long whistling session. It's not that bad. I should make medleys.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Sean

• The Disturbed Leader of Four Against Nature
« Reply #465 on: June 12, 2009, 05:28:05 PM »
I have this tendency where my mind starts to go off into wierd areas when I'm bored, and this sometimes leads to me taking Interest A and Interest B and mixing them together for the sake of my own amusement.

In this case I arrived at school today (my last day, so very different schedule) about an hour early, being the only one in my homeroom aside from the teacher. After some time passed, I started humming to myself. I think I started humming Remilia's theme...then switched over to Double-Action Sword Form. Cue the Touhou\Kamen Rider thought process as I started trying to imagine what Rider various Touhou characters would be.

I can only imagine how it would have spiraled if other students didn't start coming in. (Hint: Probably something like Sakuya as Zeronos, Youmu as Blade and Reisen as Garren playing Left 4 Dead while discussing various commonplace tropes. The inner workings of my mind terrify me.

Although imagining Sakuya saying "Let me say this to start: I am fairly strong!" makes me laugh.

This could also count for "You know you're addicted to a LOT of stuff when...."
This Signature only existed in my mind.

misosoupwitheggplant

• stalking stalker a stalker.
« Reply #466 on: June 13, 2009, 09:15:38 PM »
When you watch the following video at the beginning to see yourself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CurazDfqVPs&feature=channel

Bonus points to those who can notice it over the yelling and hands.

Also... Somebody give me what cosplay to make next. I want to make an Orange or Shinki cosplay, since I already have the wigs, but...
Current cosplays

Suwako- Some con
Cirno- A&G Ohio

Gpop

« Reply #467 on: June 13, 2009, 09:42:30 PM »
When you've already seen all the Koishi images before they are posted on the image thread =/.

misosoupwitheggplant

• stalking stalker a stalker.
« Reply #468 on: June 14, 2009, 02:07:39 AM »
When you've already seen all the Koishi images before they are posted on the image thread =/.

... Should I try drawing Koishi on paint using a tablet with my RIGHT HAND, so you see something new?
Current cosplays

Suwako- Some con
Cirno- A&G Ohio

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #469 on: June 14, 2009, 04:00:08 PM »
Sakuya as Zeronos
I say that Sakuya fits more as Kabuto (You know, with the Clock up ability).
You're now imagining Sakuya pointing to the sky, saying "I'm the one who walks down the path of heaven to rule over all".

« Reply #470 on: June 14, 2009, 04:05:11 PM »
The inner workings of my mind terrify me.
You know you're addicted to Touhou when you imagine Satori (or Koishi; dreams are subconscious) reading Sean's mind and going "Wh ... but ... d ... what is this I don't even"

Sean

• The Disturbed Leader of Four Against Nature
« Reply #471 on: June 14, 2009, 06:32:57 PM »
You know you're addicted to Touhou when you imagine Satori (or Koishi; dreams are subconscious) reading Sean's mind and going "Wh ... but ... d ... what is this I don't even"

Reading my subconscious is a torture I wouldn't wish on anybody. That said, I know there are some people with a more twisted mind than myself, I'm just one of the few willing to admit something is wrong with me.

Back on topic: You know you're addicted to Touhou when you show your parents one of your Replays. ....And then you try to do it again a different replay.

I say that Sakuya fits more as Kabuto (You know, with the Clock up ability).
You're now imagining Sakuya pointing to the sky, saying "I'm the one who walks down the path of heaven to rule over all".

Agggh no I hate Tendou so freakin' much.

Yeah, my reasoning for most comparisons varies from reasonable to "should not be taken seriously". I picked one of the Den-O riders because that was the one that mostly focused on screwing with Time.
This Signature only existed in my mind.

Gpop

« Reply #472 on: June 14, 2009, 06:33:59 PM »
... Should I try drawing Koishi on paint using a tablet with my RIGHT HAND, so you see something new?

Well if you want. It's all up to you though.

SONIC BHOCOLATE STRIKER

• Doing >9000 Barrel Rolls
« Reply #473 on: June 14, 2009, 08:30:43 PM »
You're addicted to Touhou when your brain works like a Danmakufu Visualizer when you hear music.
That's me.
How funny that you bring this up, I was like that until about a month ago.
Now, this doesn't apply to me, but if SRW meant Scarlet Reather Wapsody, then you're definitively addicted to Touhou.
Me too.

I have this tendency where my mind starts to go off into wierd areas when I'm bored, and this sometimes leads to me taking Interest A and Interest B and mixing them together for the sake of my own amusement.

The inner workings of my mind terrify me.

Also me.
I gotta have something for my sig, so...

panzerfan

« Reply #474 on: June 15, 2009, 08:57:32 AM »
I think I know that I am definitely addicted now.  I actually played selections from Touhou pieces as part of test repertoire to audition for a new clarinet, which ultimately is to be purchased so I can play Touhou pieces better, and (relatively) price be damned for the blasted horn to get.

Maiden's Capriccio -Dream Battle in Eb minor, G major then Db minor by ZUN? oy.

Yukkuri

« Reply #475 on: June 15, 2009, 03:28:40 PM »
I had a French final and for the essay I had to compare me to a "friend".

I used Flandre.

« Reply #476 on: June 15, 2009, 07:42:56 PM »
Lolwow.

I have just uploaded my first Touhou gameplay video to youtube.

Before that, I uploaded themes.

« Reply #477 on: June 16, 2009, 05:08:08 AM »
I saw this "Miss America" shirt with a sidways picture of an American flag, with sort of bows tied in the red stripes. The bows made me think of Yukari.

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #478 on: June 16, 2009, 05:37:56 AM »
I saw this "Miss America" shirt with a sidways picture of an American flag, with sort of bows tied in the red stripes. The bows made me think of Yukari.

I thought you were going to say "thought of SSiB". That's what I think of any time I see an American flag.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Easy Mode

« Reply #479 on: June 16, 2009, 06:24:29 AM »
I've introduced my friend Lexus to Touhou. She isn't very good, but she's pretty good at PoFV for a first timer.