Author Topic: Adventures in Cosplay!  (Read 191795 times)

DeltaSierra4

• Behind each smile
  • is ten thousand sorrows
Re: Adventures in Cosplay!
« Reply #600 on: October 18, 2012, 01:48:56 AM »
Oh boy that time of the year. I'll see if I can become Slender man for Halloween and scare the living hell out of everyone XD
If that falls through... well, time for moar 2hu crossplays  :derp:
"Times will bring that up over and over again. It's like I'm dying from my mental hemophilia... Forgetting the past is easier said than done. You know it dies hard, and when it dies, it dies with you."

Rockman Zero

• Class S Irregular Hunter
  • Lord of Angels
    • Angel Online
« Reply #601 on: November 09, 2012, 08:42:31 AM »
Well, sorry to post this threads that late. I attend two scenes last month. But due to I was looking for a better job as accounting, I didn't post it at once. But now, I will show you.

The first scene is located in a park which is near my house. The day was Oct.14th, I was invited to attend a scene for "Koumajou Desetsu". At first, the girl who cosplay Rumia (Koumajou Version) told me that there would be a girl who cosplay Cirno as well. But after I went to the park, only found that Cirno is an ordinary version but not Koumajou version.
[attach=1]
In fact, that girl is a teacher, two years younger than me. Well, she teaches biology but not maths. I wonder whether she teaches her student how to freeze frog or not. If I know the situation that she didn't have Koumajou Version, I can borrow one from another girl for her.
[attach=2]
It looks like Cirno is the strongest but ended up beaten by Reimu. But Rinnosuke who we don't expect must die.
[attach=3]
Hey, no escape, Cirno!
[attach=4]
I don't mean to hurt you. Well, you can tell that I am a guy, not suitable for the character "Reimu". Even I pad myself.
[attach=5]
From this image, you can tell that Cirno, Yukari and Rumia are girls, others are guys.
[attach=6]
Well, the last one, we want to know how much Yuyuko can eat.
[attach=7]
I am the host of the purest ACG forum: Angel Online.http://www.acglms.com.cn.

Rockman Zero

• Lord of Angels
    • Angel Online
« Reply #602 on: November 09, 2012, 08:54:55 AM »
Well, another Koumajou cosplay is located in the Century Park. It should be Strange Requiem, but Rumia is not the character for this. So the editor did something wrong, I don't use his version. The following images are not edited.

Can you image that the leader of this brigade is a guy?
[attach=1]
Since Alice need dolls, I brought two dolls for this scene.
[attach=2]
The two dolls are Dollfie Dream. It cost over 1,000 dollars each.
[attach=3]
Everyone see this image say that this cosplayer should be a girl. But he is only girly look.
[attach=4]
Well, I know that Sakuya has a special skill names "Killing Doll".
[attach=5]
I don't think that Sakuya is suitable to take care of kids.
[attach=6]
So... Even the maid like fishing?
[attach=7]
It is sure that Sakuya use sword as main weapon and knives are sub weapon.
[attach=8]

Rockman Zero

• Lord of Angels
    • Angel Online
« Reply #603 on: November 09, 2012, 09:00:44 AM »
Well, why Youmu and Yuyuko........
[attach=1]
What are you fighting for?
[attach=2]
Stage 3 boss.
[attach=3]
I don't expect that the leader list me as cosplayer but not staff. So I am really unprepared. I am Youki.
[attach=4]
Well, does Yuyuko looks like a sister?
[attach=5]
The cosplayer who dress as Rumia didn't know how to wear skirt and Reimu, the girl who did the make up work found out.
[attach=6]
The only girl... Reimu.
[attach=7]
This is our team.
[attach=8]

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #604 on: November 09, 2012, 09:03:36 AM »
I will post more more photos very very soon (Sorry I've just been so swamped with work  but luckily the weekend is coming up soon!). Haven't forgotten about you DeltaSierra ;3 I'll post those ASAP.

Here are a few of my favorites from the recent con I went to (Youmacon) that I wanted to share with everybody!

First me as MadoMado with a random Homura cosplayer! Both of us were filipino too  :blush:

[attach=1]

Me with another Homura cosplayer (this one was not filipino, obviously)

[attach=2]

Me with my buddy Mary and her bf, Auron Protector of Girls

[attach=3]

Me and Mary again as Rise/Yukiko! She was my cosplay buddy this con, hehe.

[attach=4]

And uh...

[attach=5]
Tumblr (sometimes NSFW) | PM for Facebook

Rockman Zero

• Lord of Angels
    • Angel Online
« Reply #605 on: November 09, 2012, 09:11:02 AM »
Some omakes.
It is said that the two cosplayer will marry one day, maybe 6 years later. If this is the case, I will work as a "Monk".
[attach=1]
This style can be seen in many teams.
[attach=2]
Well, Alice prefer Cirno to Reimu.
[attach=3]
I don't think that these two can take care of my "Kids". (Note, SD dolls and DD dolls are considered as "Kids")
[attach=4]
Let's shake hands.
[attach=5]

End of this.

P.S. CP11, which will be on Dec 22nd and Dec. 23rd will be the last time for my costume play show this year. But I am tired to cosplay Konpaku Youki, and I will cosplay Akemi Homura and there maybe another guy who cosplay Madoka. Well, it will be a special version, (Mahou Shounen version) and we want to find the original version. Just who will be that girls? Let's wait for it.

DeltaSierra4

• Behind each smile
« Reply #606 on: November 09, 2012, 06:10:54 PM »
I will post more more photos very very soon (Sorry I've just been so swamped with work  but luckily the weekend is coming up soon!). Haven't forgotten about you DeltaSierra ;3 I'll post those ASAP.

Here are a few of my favorites from the recent con I went to (Youmacon) that I wanted to share with everybody!

First me as MadoMado with a random Homura cosplayer! Both of us were filipino too  :blush:

[attach=1]

[attach=2]

Hey XD I think I saw you as the Madoka at some point on Saturday. Probably it was around the time close to the Madoka photoshoot. Hope it was not too cold outside.

I'll post my share of cosplay pictures soon :3
« Last Edit: November 09, 2012, 06:21:19 PM by DeltaSierra4 »
"Times will bring that up over and over again. It's like I'm dying from my mental hemophilia... Forgetting the past is easier said than done. You know it dies hard, and when it dies, it dies with you."

Aoshi-shi

• Back at it again in the Land of Origin
  • maior e longinquo reverentia
« Reply #607 on: November 09, 2012, 10:01:26 PM »
So right now I'm trying to put together a Star cosplay, and I've recently printed out a nice dress pattern but it lacks sleeves.

...So does anyone know how to create those kind of sleeves that are puffy at the shoulder? Like so? (Danbooru warning.)
Art Thread -->
Well gee, I have a Tumblr now.  | Twitter
 What a nice day to complain about mobage!
 |PADherder

Byaaakuren

• Youkai Jesus, Queen of the Monks
    • Animu List
« Reply #608 on: November 10, 2012, 06:36:43 AM »

[attach=1]

[attach=2]

Me with my buddy Mary and her bf, Auron Protector of Girls

[attach=3]

Me and Mary again as Rise/Yukiko! She was my cosplay buddy this con, hehe.

[attach=4]

And uh...

[attach=5]

You need to finish Koishi! Though I don't know if I'll feel like bringing back Satori

I thank my friend for the sig <3
My noob replays :V
Tumblr (I post NSFW stuff there)

pineyappled

« Reply #609 on: November 10, 2012, 07:24:03 AM »
Kind of off topic, but are there any good good sewing machines under $100? I want to buy a doll and make stupid frilly dresses for her.

shurcle

• You can nom on yourself sometimes!
« Reply #610 on: November 10, 2012, 07:41:41 AM »
Oh this thread, I completely forgot about this...

I need to stop being lazy and make a koishi cosplay.
I've spent months figuring out what her hat is called or where I can find one, unfortunately 99% of them are pitifully small.
Fortunately I found a shop that had a similar hat that isn't pitifully small. I don't know how pricy it is...

Maybe I'll get a wig for it and the rest of the costume done within another year....

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #611 on: November 10, 2012, 07:47:47 AM »
You need to finish Koishi! Though I don't know if I'll feel like bringing back Satori

I will, promise! I like her too much not to cosplay her at some point!  :blush:
Tumblr (sometimes NSFW) | PM for Facebook

« Reply #612 on: November 10, 2012, 10:34:08 AM »
filipino

wait you are filipino too holy shit

Thanks to GreenVirus for the Siggy.
My TF2 Backpack of DOOM

triangles

• gotta stock up on dark matter
  • each pound of which weighs over 10,000 pounds
« Reply #613 on: November 10, 2012, 02:13:44 PM »
So right now I'm trying to put together a Star cosplay, and I've recently printed out a nice dress pattern but it lacks sleeves.

...So does anyone know how to create those kind of sleeves that are puffy at the shoulder? Like so? (Danbooru warning.)
I love puffy sleeves, they're actually much easier to make than you'd think!  It involves a simple modification of the sleeve pattern piece.   I used the 2nd one for my Mami sleeves and my Meiling sleeves.

However, if your pattern doesn't have any sort of sleeve to begin with, you'd have to draft it yourself.  IMO, it's easier to just get a pattern that has the rest of the dress close enough and then modify rather than construct from scratch.  Or I'm just lazy.  EITHER OR (probably the lazy part)

Kind of off topic, but are there any good good sewing machines under $100? I want to buy a doll and make stupid frilly dresses for her.
I'd say check the reviews and sales, unfortunately I can't give a direct recommendation as the machine I have is a little pricier (it's an earlier model of this, got it as a wedding shower gift of all things) but I absolutely love it.  Singer and Brother are going to have things in the < $100 range, and you can extend that more so if you can snipe some sales which I'm sure will be happening this time of year.

Rockman Zero

• Lord of Angels
    • Angel Online
« Reply #614 on: November 11, 2012, 11:54:57 AM »
Oh this thread, I completely forgot about this...

I need to stop being lazy and make a koishi cosplay.
I've spent months figuring out what her hat is called or where I can find one, unfortunately 99% of them are pitifully small.
Fortunately I found a shop that had a similar hat that isn't pitifully small. I don't know how pricy it is...

Maybe I'll get a wig for it and the rest of the costume done within another year....

I can found a shop which sells Koishi's hat. All my costume uniforms are made in that shop, they are really professional works.
On the other hand, I am seeking for Koishi cosplay as well even that I prefer Satori. I always call Satori as "mistress" and Koishi as "Young mistress". So the last time, when a girl who cosplay Flandre said that she lost "Young mistress's hat", I thought it was Koishi's. I said that I only have "mistress's", she thought it could be Remilia's and said that's ok, I said it's no way you can wear it, because it was Satori's tentacle.

By the way, the whole Satori's item, include clothes, skirt, tentacle, hair and shoes cost about 100 dollars here, I thought that Koishi's could not be even expensive.
Let me show you what it looks like. I think of that it is better to insert a table tennis ball into the 3rd eye.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2012, 11:58:57 AM by Rockman Zero »

shurcle

« Reply #615 on: November 12, 2012, 08:30:44 PM »
I can found a shop which sells Koishi's hat. All my costume uniforms are made in that shop, they are really professional works.
On the other hand, I am seeking for Koishi cosplay as well even that I prefer Satori. I always call Satori as "mistress" and Koishi as "Young mistress". So the last time, when a girl who cosplay Flandre said that she lost "Young mistress's hat", I thought it was Koishi's. I said that I only have "mistress's", she thought it could be Remilia's and said that's ok, I said it's no way you can wear it, because it was Satori's tentacle.

By the way, the whole Satori's item, include clothes, skirt, tentacle, hair and shoes cost about 100 dollars here, I thought that Koishi's could not be even expensive.
Let me show you what it looks like. I think of that it is better to insert a table tennis ball into the 3rd eye.

How large is this hat?

♛ Apher-Forte

• Am I to go home...or shall I stay alone?
  • Forever lost at sea, a distant bell rings for me
    • Himitsu's NSFW Blog ~ contains NSFW material
« Reply #616 on: November 12, 2012, 09:53:42 PM »
HOLY SHIT THAT SATORI WAS YOU???
erp derp
  <-- my artwork thread, click me!
[ Find my cosplay photos here. ] OMG I HAVE TUMBLR FOLLOW PLZX Will You Remember Me... ?

Rockman Zero

• Lord of Angels
    • Angel Online
« Reply #617 on: November 13, 2012, 06:15:00 AM »
That's not me. How could I be Satori? Probably this photo was shooted by me, that cosplayer seems don't know how to put the tentacle in right way.

To: shurcle
That hat can be made in any size as you wish. Well, if you want to know what it could be looked like, I can show you an image for sample.
[attach=1]
Probably, the whole Koishi cosplay items can be made like this. Anyone don't need to worry about the size, you can book any size as you wish, and probably, it could be done in 7-10 days.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2012, 06:21:49 AM by Rockman Zero »

DeltaSierra4

• Behind each smile
« Reply #618 on: November 13, 2012, 06:16:21 PM »
Aand, here are my cosplays for Youma! I did Sanae Kochiya, Yuuka Kazami, and Yukari Yakumo.

(@K: No, I was not able to go out in Yuuka's wig, Yukari's costume, with Sanae's prop lol)

shurcle

« Reply #619 on: November 14, 2012, 12:10:44 AM »
That's not me. How could I be Satori? Probably this photo was shooted by me, that cosplayer seems don't know how to put the tentacle in right way.

To: shurcle
That hat can be made in any size as you wish. Well, if you want to know what it could be looked like, I can show you an image for sample.
[attach=1]
Probably, the whole Koishi cosplay items can be made like this. Anyone don't need to worry about the size, you can book any size as you wish, and probably, it could be done in 7-10 days.
Looks okay, but I'm not too fond of it.
Either that or I'm looking at it in the wrong angle.

Rockman Zero

• Lord of Angels
    • Angel Online
« Reply #620 on: November 15, 2012, 09:34:47 AM »
Aand, here are my cosplays for Youma! I did Sanae Kochiya, Yuuka Kazami, and Yukari Yakumo.

(@K: No, I was not able to go out in Yuuka's wig, Yukari's costume, with Sanae's prop lol)

Hey, why you did this to Nitori? Hina will be angry when she see it.

cirnomodo

• Make Miracles!
  • Sanyae says hi :)
« Reply #621 on: November 15, 2012, 05:13:58 PM »
Nitori's expression is priceless  :)

Momiji

• Cya
« Reply #622 on: November 15, 2012, 08:16:53 PM »
DS4, you look really good.  :D  Nice work.

?????

Vento

• Playtime is over!!!!
  • TRIGGER WARNING : #2handsome5casuls
« Reply #623 on: November 15, 2012, 09:09:07 PM »
so...any advice for someone who saw a pair of pants at uniqlo and thought "THAT IS NICE AND WOULD BE NICE FOR A PC-98 YUUKA COSPLAYfuck baggy pants"
>yes/no/please dont do it
im bordering on yes but ...how on earth can i possibly find a vest(or even a cloth) of the same colour  D8
also im planning to cosplay tenko like approx 360 days from now but im planning to do 'alter' as it were parts of the outfit and stuff... also, making a sword of hisou that can at the very least light up. i have access to ym school's workshop but singapore ain got no home depot anywhere :'( (expensive stuff are expensive!!)
HOLY SHIT THAT SATORI WAS YOU???
erp derp
laughing
Distasteful Tater Elites 1st division

DeltaSierra4

• Behind each smile
« Reply #624 on: November 15, 2012, 10:41:18 PM »
DS4, you look really good.  :D  Nice work.
?????

haha thanx :D Nobu~ko also took a few shots of me on Sunday
as for me going out in yuuka's wig with yukari's costume and sanae's prop, it was something i blurted out on the IRC shortly before heading out to do the "kill nitori" scene XD

@Rockman Zero: B, but I asked Hina to leave Yuuka alone when I was Sanae D: I don't want bad luck from her T_T
« Last Edit: November 15, 2012, 10:43:41 PM by DeltaSierra4 »

Yucari

• Humble Tengu Reporter
  • Ah! Domo.
« Reply #625 on: November 26, 2012, 04:25:07 AM »
{de-lurks}

OH HEY SO. UH. I'M SELLING OFF A BUNCH OF COSPLAYS. Including Touhou stuff! Here's some photos and prices and things:

Touhou:

Yukari Yakumo - $120
Material: BRIDAL SATIN! It's really nice!
Includes: Dress, lace collar piece (it looks like part of the dress but it's not so that the dress can be washed separately from the lace), hat... and gloves, if I can find them. No parasol, as it unfortunately broke a while ago.

Aya Shameimaru - $190
Material: Top is made out of linen, bottom is made of stretch sateen. Despite this, still should be hand-washed because of the hand-painting.
Includes: Top, skirt, tie, tonkin. Will include wig for an additional $25.
(I don't really want to part with her because of the fact that I would definitely wear this again, plus she's like my favorite toohoo ever but I can move on.)

Other stuff:

Hannes Farraguia [Epic of Zektbach - Ristaccia] - $80
Material: COTTON. ALL OF IT.
Includes: Dress, collar, habit. Will include wig for an additional $30. No petticoat, because I use it for a ton of other things.

Chie-sensei [Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni] - $65
Material: MORE COTTON!
Includes: Just the dress. Will include wig for an additional $15, plus if you want the shoes I'll give you those as well (women's size 9)

Please note: I am 5-8, about 160lbs, and my measurements are 37-32-40, so all costumes were made to fit these restrictions. However if you are smaller, I can take things in so that they would fit someone your size, for an additional fee.

Other costumes can be found at my ACP page (http://www.acparadise.com/acp/display.php?a=56678&t=costumes), and you can look up more photos on each individual costume there too. Click on "Items for sale" on the side to see how low I'm willing to go on each costume, too. ALL PRICES ARE NEGOTIABLE! I'm just in a tight spot money-wise and I would also like to clear out closet space, so if you're interested please let me know!

♛ Apher-Forte

• Am I to go home...or shall I stay alone?
  • Forever lost at sea, a distant bell rings for me
    • Himitsu's NSFW Blog ~ contains NSFW material
« Reply #626 on: November 26, 2012, 11:34:12 AM »
well, just went out took measurements and placed an order for Persona 4 cosplay custom made.... lets see if I can get Izanagi correct. barring the goddamn mask I have to make.
  <-- my artwork thread, click me!
[ Find my cosplay photos here. ] OMG I HAVE TUMBLR FOLLOW PLZX Will You Remember Me... ?

cirnomodo

• Make Miracles!
  • Sanyae says hi :)
« Reply #627 on: November 28, 2012, 12:37:24 AM »

Aya Shameimaru - $190
Material: Top is made out of linen, bottom is made of stretch sateen. Despite this, still should be hand-washed because of the hand-painting.
Includes: Top, skirt, tie, tonkin. Will include wig for an additional $25.
(I don't really want to part with her because of the fact that I would definitely wear this again, plus she's like my favorite toohoo ever but I can move on.)

The costume is really well-made!

Rockman Zero

• Lord of Angels
    • Angel Online
« Reply #628 on: December 06, 2012, 02:19:56 PM »
This is probably a performance in an arcade game centre.
[attach=1]
Hey, what is this? Succubus?
[attach=2]
Well, today all the games are set to "free play".
[attach=3]
Only tickets needed for entrance.
[attach=4]
Rumia, which game do you want to play? Said Cirno.
[attach=5]
Another side, Reimu and the tentacle girl Megurine Ruka approached.
[attach=6]
For cosplayers, make up are needed.
[attach=7]
She is really a succubus.
[attach=8]
Homura... Is that because of that succubus?
[attach=9]
The girl in yellow is probably Kyubey, but Picachu outfit.
[attach=10]

Rockman Zero

• Lord of Angels
    • Angel Online
« Reply #629 on: December 06, 2012, 02:24:39 PM »
Reimu, what you are fighting for?
[attach=1]
I wonder what is Homura searching for?
[attach=2]
Madoka here. (Mahou Shounen Version)
[attach=3]
Madoka is really good at music. You can find the answer in the first episode of the anime.
[attach=4]
Well, this is my 7th cosplay, Akemi Homura (Mahou Shounen Version)
[attach=5]
I am not 007 but Homura. (This is me)
[attach=6]
Well, when did Reimu start to play basketball?
[attach=7]
Suigintou, the unfinished doll.
[attach=8]