Author Topic: Touhou cosplays?  (Read 18128 times)

misosoupwitheggplant

• stalking stalker a stalker.
Touhou cosplays?
« on: June 19, 2009, 03:46:48 AM »
I've been wondering if anyone ever cosplays as a Touhou character. Partly because I want to find someone to give a big hug to and take home, but also to stare at their costumes for hours.

I was going to either make a Koishi, Tewi, or Marisa cosplay for Matsuricon, depending on the other person, who's going to be either Satori, Reisen, or Alice. I'll also have my Cirno cosplay for Ohayocon (my 9nth  con.), as well as Youmacon, since my friends and I were going to have an army of Cirnos. I'll also make a Koakuma or Remilia cosplay for Ohayocon, since one of my friends is planning on cosplaying as Patchouli.

Another question... I've been having trouble finding a job, so I was planning on making Costumes and selling them. I'm going to do this if the last two places I'll be asking can't hire me. What character would you like the clothing of? Hair and shoes are not usually included.
Current cosplays

Suwako- Some con
Cirno- A&G Ohio

WRATHIE_Beatrice

• soujiko x yousuke is my otp
  • I will repeat it, in RED
Re: Touhou cosplays?
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2009, 04:16:18 AM »
* wrathie coughs

maybe i'll post them... after an event.. ahahaha

Personally Tewi is the easiest to do =x

if u can borrow clothes, Reisen is the easiest to acheive

Marisa is kinda meh, unles su find the right stuff...

Defiant of Shrine Maiden Ver. 2

misosoupwitheggplant

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2009, 04:24:27 AM »
* wrathie coughs

maybe i'll post them... after an event.. ahahaha

Personally Tewi is the easiest to do =x

if u can borrow clothes, Reisen is the easiest to acheive

Marisa is kinda meh, unles su find the right stuff...

Post them and I'll love you and give you hugs and get some decent pictures of my Reimu doing things and bow down to you when I see you and and...

But Tewi is really easy, though I have a bit of trouble with sleeves sometimes. >_<

Reisen would be annoying to make, since you could probably find all the parts easy.

I just really want to cosplay as Marisa so I can steal precious things. so I can say "da ze!"
Current cosplays

Suwako- Some con
Cirno- A&G Ohio

WRATHIE_Beatrice

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2009, 04:36:07 AM »
the difficulty is finding which ver. of marisa.. anyways, an event on July 7th so i'll post then.. i guess =D

For Tewi, my teamate did a pretty goodjob of Tewi, complete will killer hammer..

sleeves is not much of an issue imo, it's the collar...

and Koishi.. well, Koishi i believe the main thing is her clothes color is kinda meh to find..

misosoupwitheggplant

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2009, 07:07:49 AM »
the difficulty is finding which ver. of marisa.. anyways, an event on July 7th so i'll post then.. i guess =D

For Tewi, my teamate did a pretty goodjob of Tewi, complete will killer hammer..

sleeves is not much of an issue imo, it's the collar...

and Koishi.. well, Koishi i believe the main thing is her clothes color is kinda meh to find..

Really? I've seen some fabric that would be really good for a Koishi cosplay. It looked like the right shade to me, though I don't carry a picture of Koishi around with me.

It would be a bit difficult to get that eye thing, though...

Satori would be really annoying, though. I have no Idea what's going on with those hearts.
Current cosplays

Suwako- Some con
Cirno- A&G Ohio

WRATHIE_Beatrice

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2009, 08:22:41 AM »
The eyes are pretty simple..
Clay is easy to mold ya noe? and for the remaining parts
i recc you use wire to poke in wires that will act as connectors and then sew cloth over them to cover it up

Done!

The hat is an issue in the place i live in...

Polttopallo

• /人◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2009, 08:50:23 AM »

WRATHIE_Beatrice

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2009, 12:46:33 PM »
* wrathie coughs

making a costume is not just something u learn through a vid
it helps but cutting the pattern, making it fit you, not to mention the general type of cloth to pick, the wig color, the wig type and the accessories

and not mentioning the makeup and the contacts..

need me say more

* wrathie cracks fists

the next person who say cosplay is easy or any remark near that will be killed.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2009, 08:45:52 PM »
* wrathie coughs
the next person who say cosplay is easy or any remark near that will be killed.

I'd never think about saying that. On the other hand:
"cosplay is silly...SQUARED" >=P.

WRATHIE_Beatrice

« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2009, 12:29:53 AM »
* wrathie kicks Ghaleon off to the moon

Deal with it, i find u silly too.

Silentsword

• Ace Hakurei Attorney
  • Practical solutions to impractical problems!
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2009, 05:50:00 AM »
I'm a Ran Yakumo cosplayer, though at present I can only claim credit for the tails and the rig that I use to attach them to me.  I bought the dress, hat, and tabard (found them in my exact size less than two weeks before Katsucon...I couldn't say "no"), although I'm in the process of remaking them myself.

I will be wearing Ran to Otakon (July 17-19 in Baltimore), although probably for Friday only - I'm making plate mail for Saturday's masquerade, and that's the kind of costume one wears all day long.

Picture:
http://picasaweb.google.com/simonsaz3/ACen2009#5334717746474628642

I have to second MoeBlob's comments about good cosplay not being easy.  It can be cheap, yes, but it's not easy.  There's a lot of trial and error that goes into it, especially if you're starting from scratch.  And you can't just cut out a pattern and be done with it - you have to think about designs, seams, edging (will you use bias tape, or a variation on applique, for example), color matching and synergy.  Even the order in which you do things will matter: In redoing Ran's hat, though it's been a royal pain to embroider the designs into the hat charms after they're already sewn onto the hat (because I have to do it all by hand), it produces a much better result this way than it would have had I done a quickie machine-sew before attaching the charms.

This increases between fivefold and tenfold once you start adding engineering problems to your cosplay.  If your costume isn't going to be cloth only, you start getting into questions of materials, safety, weight, shearing/pressing forces, and so forth.  I went through four redesigns of Ran's rig/harness/tails before I finally got the effect I wanted, in a way that would hold together, was safe (though I still ended up with mild bruising), and was easy to get into and out of. 

I started out trying to spoke them directly off of a belt inside the gown.  Not only did this not work, it was actually dangerous for me to wear: I had serious bruises across my stomach and rubbed the skin on my back raw.

Later, during my third redesign, I discovered that, while epoxy will securely bind wood to leather, and gorilla glue will bind steel to wood, the leather itself would peel back under the weight of the tails.  I had to reinforce the belt leather with steel and harness leather.  Then I discovered that the nail I was using was the weakpoint, and ended up finally using a double-threaded screw.

Safety is also a concern, especially with costumes of more than cloth.  What do you make a sword out of if you're cosplaying Youmu?  Answer: Rattan.  Or resin, if you've the money for that.  But be careful: rattan is difficult to cut with a jigsaw or scrollsaw, to the point that it can break blades and send them flying (he says from experience).  What do you make armor out of?  Nothing thinner than 1/16" (~16 gauge) if you're using metal, that's for sure!  Otherwise you'll cut yourself getting into or out of it.

And so forth.

It's a rewarding hobby, if you enjoy making things, but don't expect it to be easy, because if you do, you will be sadly disappointed.
"But if I don't do this, then all that's left is to stand around and do nothing, and I've discovered I can't do that. That's the problem with the freedom of choice he was talking about: once you've got it, you can't live with yourself very comfortably if you choose not to exercise it." - Commander Warner Caslet.

Slowpoke

• Media Analyst
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2009, 06:12:31 AM »
Wriggle or Renko would be quite easy.

WRATHIE_Beatrice

« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2009, 11:35:13 AM »
Bullshit, moeblob i am not. If u see me u're eyes will bleed.
I blame anathe.. PFFT

I'm a Ran Yakumo cosplayer, though at present I can only claim credit for the tails and the rig that I use to attach them to me.  I bought the dress, hat, and tabard (found them in my exact size less than two weeks before Katsucon...I couldn't say "no"), although I'm in the process of remaking them myself.
Pretty hard to do, tails.. 8 of them and to make them look good. Anyone who does that is worthy of respect.
Exact size is kinda meh, modification can be done easily thou if there is  excess cloth.
Ur tails are a bit too stiff IMHO.. I prefer furrier tails myself but that's just me.

I have to second MoeBlob's comments about good cosplay not being easy.  It can be cheap, yes, but it's not easy.  There's a lot of trial and error that goes into it, especially if you're starting from scratch.  And you can't just cut out a pattern and be done with it - you have to think about designs, seams, edging (will you use bias tape, or a variation on applique, for example), color matching and synergy.  Even the order in which you do things will matter: In redoing Ran's hat, though it's been a royal pain to embroider the designs into the hat charms after they're already sewn onto the hat (because I have to do it all by hand), it produces a much better result this way than it would have had I done a quickie machine-sew before attaching the charms.
Sweet, another sewing cosplayer, we shld exchange tips...
Personally i like fabric paint for designs, it save me lots of trouble.
Just cover the offending part with the same cloth, sew the ends and paint away.
and please,dun call me Moeblob, the guys are having a terrible joke >/

This increases between fivefold and tenfold once you start adding engineering problems to your cosplay.  If your costume isn't going to be cloth only, you start getting into questions of materials, safety, weight, shearing/pressing forces, and so forth.  I went through four redesigns of Ran's rig/harness/tails before I finally got the effect I wanted, in a way that would hold together, was safe (though I still ended up with mild bruising), and was easy to get into and out of. 
This is the truth, thou personally i focus on weight, cost, durability and personal comfort... i'm not that much of a perfectionist..
I have to see how u did ur tail's harness man, looks okay to me. =x
If it was me, I'll have made a harness that was made of wire and hooked on to a strap that can be adjusted.
The frame of the wire would be the base for the tails which i will attach the tails to for strength =)

Safety is also a concern, especially with costumes of more than cloth.  What do you make a sword out of if you're cosplaying Youmu?  Answer: Rattan.  Or resin, if you've the money for that.  But be careful: rattan is difficult to cut with a jigsaw or scrollsaw, to the point that it can break blades and send them flying (he says from experience).  What do you make armor out of?  Nothing thinner than 1/16" (~16 gauge) if you're using metal, that's for sure!  Otherwise you'll cut yourself getting into or out of it.

And so forth.

It's a rewarding hobby, if you enjoy making things, but don't expect it to be easy, because if you do, you will be sadly disappointed.

Oh Lol, rattan? good choice..
TBH, I've done well with mounting board and cardboard...
My last sword was made of nth but cardboard, aluminium tape, nails and toilet roll =)
It looks passable and it's not dangerous.

Btw, it's silly to bring metal sword to a convention as u might get caught

Silentsword

• Ace Hakurei Attorney
  • Practical solutions to impractical problems!
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2009, 06:52:05 AM »
Bullshit, moeblob i am not. If u see me u're eyes will bleed.
I blame anathe.. PFFT

Hee, sorry, that's what you showed up as on the topic earlier... *embarrassed*

Pretty hard to do, tails.. 8 of them and to make them look good. Anyone who does that is worthy of respect.
Exact size is kinda meh, modification can be done easily thou if there is  excess cloth.
Ur tails are a bit too stiff IMHO.. I prefer furrier tails myself but that's just me.
They're actually fairly soft and fluffy, but they're also held up with 3/8" steel wire down the middle, hence why they look so stiff.  After Otakon I'm probably taking the tails apart and rebuilding, partly because I'm moving, and partly because I want to shorten the wires some to give the tails more "give"...and probably pull out a bit of the stuffing too, if it'll still hold them up.

Sweet, another sewing cosplayer, we shld exchange tips...
Personally i like fabric paint for designs, it save me lots of trouble.
Just cover the offending part with the same cloth, sew the ends and paint away.
and please,dun call me Moeblob, the guys are having a terrible joke >/

I've never had much success with fabric paint, actually, although I suspect that's because I've never had much success with paint that isn't a stencil, and because the paint seems to wear off faster than good applique or embroidery.  I tried paint with Balthier (Final Fantasy XII), and promptly switched to applique+embroidery as being far less frustrating for me, if time-consuming.  If done well, embroidery (especially) looks far superior to paint, and can be absolutely gorgeous.

That being said, feel free to pick my brains over PM or the boards, I don't mind at all.

This is the truth, thou personally i focus on weight, cost, durability and personal comfort... i'm not that much of a perfectionist..
I have to see how u did ur tail's harness man, looks okay to me. =x
If it was me, I'll have made a harness that was made of wire and hooked on to a strap that can be adjusted.
The frame of the wire would be the base for the tails which i will attach the tails to for strength =)

As I said above, the tails are filled with regular stuffed animal filler, but there is also a 3/16" steel dowel running most of the length of the tail.  At the end of each tail, the dowel sticks out a bit, and is glued (Gorilla Glue) into a 3" doll's head.  I had to drill holes for each tail...
The doll's head is covered in fur as well.  It is attached via double-threaded screw to a wooden block.  This second wooden block is inside of the gown and tabard, allowing me to have the tails screwed onto me after I get the rest of the costume on.
This block is attached to the actual "rig" part of the costume, via Gorilla Glue and epoxy.  The rig itself started out as an old leather belt of mine, but it is reinforced with a half-dozen 1/8" steel rods that I bent into a shape to fit around my body.  Then, to add even more support, I added a layer of harness leather on top of the rods in key places (behind the block and at my sides).  This is attached via Gorilla Glue.  If I'd had enough, I'd've backed the entire belt.  That's actually what caused the bruises I got the second time: the ends of the rods were exposed and dug into my tummy, even through my undershirt.  I've remedied this by wrapping the exposed areas with scraps from the tails. 
The belt is held closed with the usual belt buckle.
Total weight: 11-12 pounds.  Total cost of the tails was probably in the $60-$75 range, counting fabric, filler, metal, glue, and leather.

If you'll be at Otakon, it's a rather easy setup to demonstrate, although it took a lot of trial and error.

And so forth.

Oh Lol, rattan? good choice..
TBH, I've done well with mounting board and cardboard...
My last sword was made of nth but cardboard, aluminium tape, nails and toilet roll =)
It looks passable and it's not dangerous.

Btw, it's silly to bring metal sword to a convention as u might get caught
[/quote]

I'm involved in a swordfight during Otakon's masq, so we need weapons that would hold up to serious beatings, hence rattan.  The last sword I did (Cecil's Legend Sword, from FFIV) was a wooden dowel with poster board over it to form the blade.  Actually looks pretty good, but not as lethal as properly shaped and painted Rattan, nor as durable.
"But if I don't do this, then all that's left is to stand around and do nothing, and I've discovered I can't do that. That's the problem with the freedom of choice he was talking about: once you've got it, you can't live with yourself very comfortably if you choose not to exercise it." - Commander Warner Caslet.

WRATHIE_Beatrice

« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2009, 01:10:05 PM »
They're actually fairly soft and fluffy, but they're also held up with 3/8" steel wire down the middle, hence why they look so stiff.  After Otakon I'm probably taking the tails apart and rebuilding, partly because I'm moving, and partly because I want to shorten the wires some to give the tails more "give"...and probably pull out a bit of the stuffing too, if it'll still hold them up.
It should work, no worries there. But refrain from putting more or they'll drop down and be limpy...

I've never had much success with fabric paint, actually, although I suspect that's because I've never had much success with paint that isn't a stencil, and because the paint seems to wear off faster than good applique or embroidery.  I tried paint with Balthier (Final Fantasy XII), and promptly switched to applique+embroidery as being far less frustrating for me, if time-consuming.  If done well, embroidery (especially) looks far superior to paint, and can be absolutely gorgeous.

That being said, feel free to pick my brains over PM or the boards, I don't mind at all.
Embroidery is good but... time and lack of commitment kills me.
And i don't have much success either.. i'm not that much of a perfectionist and so i just go with what looks nice... =x easiest way to get a perfect picture is to cut out the pattern and paint over it.

For how lasting it would actually last, if you ironed it on properly, it'll prolly last for quite a long time =D Anyways, how many times can you wear a cos anyway... so i'll jsut do what i can and let nature takes it course.

As I said above, the tails are filled with regular stuffed animal filler, but there is also a 3/16" steel dowel running most of the length of the tail.  At the end of each tail, the dowel sticks out a bit, and is glued (Gorilla Glue) into a 3" doll's head.  I had to drill holes for each tail...
The doll's head is covered in fur as well.  It is attached via double-threaded screw to a wooden block.  This second wooden block is inside of the gown and tabard, allowing me to have the tails screwed onto me after I get the rest of the costume on.
This block is attached to the actual "rig" part of the costume, via Gorilla Glue and epoxy.  The rig itself started out as an old leather belt of mine, but it is reinforced with a half-dozen 1/8" steel rods that I bent into a shape to fit around my body.  Then, to add even more support, I added a layer of harness leather on top of the rods in key places (behind the block and at my sides).  This is attached via Gorilla Glue.  If I'd had enough, I'd've backed the entire belt.  That's actually what caused the bruises I got the second time: the ends of the rods were exposed and dug into my tummy, even through my undershirt.  I've remedied this by wrapping the exposed areas with scraps from the tails. 
The belt is held closed with the usual belt buckle.
Total weight: 11-12 pounds.  Total cost of the tails was probably in the $60-$75 range, counting fabric, filler, metal, glue, and leather.

If you'll be at Otakon, it's a rather easy setup to demonstrate, although it took a lot of trial and error.
Materials must come cheaper over there.. ur setup would cost around a 100 in my area, my hometown in singapore but hey, when we convert ur currency over we're kinda on the same page.
11-12 pounds for that tail is overkill..
With my plan, even if it might be a bit less intimidating/nice-looking as yours, it'll be around half, maybe less your weight depending on the wire i use but it'll be more fragile, literally...

And no, i can't go over.. it's in the states, I gonna need a flight over =V

I'm involved in a swordfight during Otakon's masq, so we need weapons that would hold up to serious beatings, hence rattan.  The last sword I did (Cecil's Legend Sword, from FFIV) was a wooden dowel with poster board over it to form the blade.  Actually looks pretty good, but not as lethal as properly shaped and painted Rattan, nor as durable.

Lethal is an issue with swords, u need a license for it in my area and... swordfight? you guys must love breaking your props..
i remember the time a KH cosplayer's keyblade broke.. ouch, that's gonna hurt and he wasn't swinging it hard or something, it's too fragile.
Somepeople favor looks, weight over usefulness.

Mima-sama

• What are you doing in that shrine you are not a god
  • You are too cool to be a god anyway :|
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2009, 04:09:26 AM »
Personally I'm doing my first cosplay (also crossplay) this year as Mima this coming saturday at Otakon. I've come out very well and according to friend of mine looks "disturbingly" convincing. I think the only issue I should have is walking up and down stairs wearing her skirt though, especially while carrying around her staff.

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2009, 06:17:08 AM »
Personally I'm doing my first cosplay (also crossplay) this year as Mima this coming saturday at Otakon. I've come out very well and according to friend of mine looks "disturbingly" convincing. I think the only issue I should have is walking up and down stairs wearing her skirt though, especially while carrying around her staff.

Man am I glad I'm bringing a camera.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

saiyoucho

• *Ahem*.. Mukyu!
    • Touhou Sweden
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2009, 04:49:31 PM »
Having kinda missed seeing this thread, I was pretty much wondering one thing.
What is your general views of inverted cosplays? Meaning Male version of a female character or vice versa.

I'd really love to do a Touhou cosplay, but since the only male is pretty much Rinnosuke and it's hard to find a character which looks masculine enough I started thinking about maybe doing a male version of some character.

I remember seeing some fanart in the like before.
Take me to your library, give me your spellbooks.

Lexica

• Phantom Princess
  • Well erm...
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2009, 05:21:53 PM »
What is your general views of inverted cosplays? Meaning Male version of a female character or vice versa.

I'd really love to do a Touhou cosplay, but since the only male is pretty much Rinnosuke and it's hard to find a character which looks masculine enough I started thinking about maybe doing a male version of some character.

Oh is that a problem at all...? Bottom line, you may simply need to appear in a way that an onlooker is unable to discern your true gender.

Thinking about male touhou... that's actually a brilliant idea, I'd love to see someone doing that too

Enough derailment and back on topic people XD
Anything to eat... perhaps?

AntKiller

« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2009, 06:06:41 PM »

saiyoucho

• *Ahem*.. Mukyu!
    • Touhou Sweden
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2009, 07:04:00 PM »

Oh is that a problem at all...? Bottom line, you may simply need to appear in a way that an onlooker is unable to discern your true gender.

Thinking about male touhou... that's actually a brilliant idea, I'd love to see someone doing that too

Enough derailment and back on topic people XD
It isn't that big of a problem. I wouldn't mind making a crossplay myself, but one of my best friends might try to kill me lol.

Hmm yeah you're right. I've been mistaken for a girl before so it should work with some planning. =P

I'll try to think out a design for a male version of some touhou char in the meantime. Might take some time before I actually make the cosplay, or has it made (because I suck at sowing). But I'll definately think about this. Thanks.
Take me to your library, give me your spellbooks.

WRATHIE_Beatrice

« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2009, 12:47:57 AM »
Being a purist.
A male touhou char is not cosplay par se since there is no fanon art showing it's actually 'real'

my two cents.

Talka

• Forever Newbie
  • all your food are belong to us
    • ddiction
« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2009, 01:06:13 PM »

There isn't a set fanon that's agreed upon, but there have been attempts to make masculinize Touhou characters.

Umm, on pixiv you can search for

http://www.pixiv.net/search.php?word=%E6%9D%B1%E6%96%B9+%E6%80%A7%E8%BB%A2%E6%8F%9B&s_mode=s_tag

Do be careful to leave the distinguishing features of a character, or no one will recognize who you are. It's difficult with some characters, but like, if you are wearing red and white with a yellow or blue tie and have armpits exposed, I think Touhou players would know you are Reimu.

Because almost all Touhou characters are female, there are lots of Touhou crossplayers in Japanese Touhou conventions. And I've actually seen some amazingly convincing crossplayers, so I think it's an option if you are up to it. You usually need to learn to put on makeup, or have someone teach you if you want to make it look convincing.

I think cosplay communities like http://www.cosplay.com/forum.php have a lot of information regarding crossplaying or cosplaying in general for that matter.

Kunai-kun

• Sakuya the Combat.....Butler?
« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2009, 01:36:55 PM »
http://s155.photobucket.com/albums/s313/Kunai16/Otakon%202009%20Touhou%20Shoot/

Several pictures of the Touhou shoot at Otakon 2009. I was the male Sakuya. :3

*heard about this place from Aya*

WRATHIE_Beatrice

« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2009, 01:39:17 PM »
excuse me for being firm, but im a purist.

I'm not saying there are no gender-bending touhou's but it is clearly not canon.

As a purist, although i haf flirted with the border of canon and fanon, especially with the fanon costumes as they are extremely cute, the general law is that if the characters not canon, it should not be classified as 'costume play'.

and yes, crossdressers are a way of life.
if u want to ask about crossdressers... ur free to consult me... and well, if u want to ask at communities... be careful of flames.

Kunai-kun

• Sakuya the Combat.....Butler?
« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2009, 08:12:28 PM »
My understanding of the word "cosplay" or "Costume play" is acting as a character you are dressed as, usually for pictures.

And the Touhou universe practically lives off the fanon, so you really should be more accommodating.

And also: guys who want to cosplay Touhou may not want to wear a dress. I mean, I crossed the line at a maid's uniform, but I might wear something like Yuka's outfit, or Suwako's.

WRATHIE_Beatrice

« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2009, 12:38:21 AM »
i addressed that issue before.

Being built on fanon is true, but we only reference for the clothes.

coz to ZUN he won't let us see their backs.. or their shoes or any details most of the time.

it crosses the border when u get man-reimu when there is NO man-reimu in canon and u create a costume just for her.

call urself a fashion designer and stick it on as a nametag and i'll get off ur back.

still, if u haf fun and all, good for you. that's what it is supposed to be.

EDIT: occasionally thou i give those who do so a break, for e.g: Archer Rin, Tohsaka rin in Archer's cos, just coz she was awesome.

'Cos-ing' a non-canon character? Make it awesome... or i'll go after ya.
i dun even CARE if u did badly as a crossdresser if you are still going through Standard Operating procedures. and etiquettes..
« Last Edit: July 21, 2009, 12:40:21 AM by wrathie »

Mima-sama

• What are you doing in that shrine you are not a god
  • You are too cool to be a god anyway :|
« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2009, 12:49:55 AM »
Next year at Otakon, or perhaps sooner I'm seriously considering creating a Yumemi costume with a massive red cross or two. Though this may take me actually learning how to sew. :-\

WRATHIE_Beatrice

« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2009, 04:32:42 AM »
ic some people think making props is easier than making clothes.
which is true, 100%.. until u consider to make the props actually easy to carry about, which upgrades it frm normal to hard mode.

Quad City QBs

• tumblr, tumblr, in the attic,
  • who is the most problematic?
    • maullarmaullar @ Tumblr
« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2009, 05:05:48 AM »
http://s155.photobucket.com/albums/s313/Kunai16/Otakon%202009%20Touhou%20Shoot/

Several pictures of the Touhou shoot at Otakon 2009. I was the male Sakuya. :3

*heard about this place from Aya*

Pleasure meeting you!  I was the loud tripod-wielding asshole.  Come and commiserate with us in the thread?

Nothing in this post should be construed as legal advice, nor as creating an attorney-client relationship, nor as an advertisement for legal or law-related services.
Art Thread | Writing Thread | Tumblr NSFWAsk.fm