Author Topic: Youmu's Lab  (Read 2273 times)

Youmu's Lab
« on: March 05, 2014, 09:58:19 PM »
A very difficult attack I came up with after following Helepolis's tutorial:
        https://www.dropbox.com/sh/b2suyi1i372ydce/lR5rnUQy_u
        http://imgur.com/5WtmiYo
        http://imgur.com/cOU5xVx

More to come, hopefully.

(And also, hopefully I'll overcome my lack of creativity within the English language. :P)

Sage Ω (Ultima)

• CEO at Team Eternal Desire
  • ??? X
Re: Youmu's Lab
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2014, 01:34:46 AM »
Well first of all, welcome to the danmakufu scene.

Anyway, lets get down to it. There is a fine line between difficult and impossible. This however, is pure impossible and unfair. Sudden attacks that are extremely fast to the point where it is impossible to react to them is big no no. Before making something hard, start with making it actually possible to clear. Of course, this is probably your first time making something so it is ok to make mistakes like these, however it is always best to learn early.

Regardless, it is always nice to see new people so keep at it.

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2014, 01:54:14 AM »
Yeah, this was my first thing, so I was just messing around. :P

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2014, 09:53:21 AM »
Welcome indeed.

Oh man, I can remember my first days of scripting. They were also extremely hard / impossible. No sense on how to balance out things or create a 'fair' difficulty. But that is all part of the learning process. Also I never released any of my newbie scripts to the public (though I still have them on my PC. They will be released one day).

Also a tip for creating difficulties Youmu. Play your own script and ask yourself how many attempts it took you to capture it. If it is extremely high, it probably means your script is near impossible and hard. Also never apply cheapshots which have 99,99% chance of killing you.

Good luck!

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
  • Git ready, git set, PUUSH!
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2014, 01:48:00 PM »
Personally, I think that the main issue with the script is those dark red, nearly-invisible bullets that fly downwards with a speed of 10pix/s. The rest of the attack is fine, in all honesty. There are also issue with the bullets spawning from (0,0). Make sure that all tasks stop firing bullets once the boss runs out of health.

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2014, 07:22:15 PM »
The first phase is the easy part.  Get underneath one of the locations the boss moves to and tiny dodge the white laser things. This neutralizes 2/3rds of the attack. :P

...The second phase though... Definately too hard. XD

Darkness1

• Nothing to see here.
  • Enigmatic, isn't it?
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2014, 07:34:40 PM »
Actually I found the second part more manageable and enjoyable. I see where you're going with this, but the first part isn't easy in any way because cheapshots that are cheapshots even when you see them coming is a big no.
However, it's good to see a new scripter and a ph3 scripter at that here. Don't worry about balancing too much, that may come later :v

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2014, 08:01:43 PM »
I created some functions for bullet batterns
    http://pastebin.com/K1gefqxS

Sage Ω (Ultima)

• CEO at Team Eternal Desire
  • ??? X
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2014, 03:23:43 AM »
I would also suggest using these functions as they're very useful.

Code: [Select]
function GetX{
return ObjMove_GetX( put the name of your boss object here);
}

function GetY{
return ObjMove_GetY( put the name of your boss object here);
}

GetCenterX{
return GetStgFrameWidth/2
}

GetCenterY{
return GetStgFrameHeight/2
}

These functions were in 12m and earlier versions of Danmakufu, though ph3 did not retain them, however it isn't hard to remake as you can see.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 03:33:48 AM by Infinite Ultima Wave »