Author Topic: SoundsOfSilence's short stories of all kinds  (Read 7568 times)

Stifled Voices

• Nobody needs to say hello to me.
  • I try to speak, but I can't...
SoundsOfSilence's short stories of all kinds
« on: February 16, 2014, 05:50:25 AM »
This first post is the "hub" for all the shorts I write here. And thus begins the *bunch* of short stories from all over the silly-serious spectrum, because technically this isn't a series.

Oh, and remember that I am a meta-loving Doylist (but I CAN write stories with little meta).
-----
From oldest to newest:
-----
asdf2hu
Surprise party
The radio tower, part 1
FILLER: Don't look at her...
[THE SECOND PART OF THE WHOLE RADIO TOWER STORY ARC HAS BEEN MOVED TO A DIFFERENT THREAD, COMING SOON]
WE ARE ON THE F***ING MOON
The Room of Hourai
« Last Edit: June 19, 2014, 05:55:20 AM by Stifled Voices »

Stifled Voices

Re: SoundsOfSilence's short stories of all kinds
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2014, 05:52:11 AM »
My first entry! Featuring meta and utter nonsense.

-----
?Jason?, which is not his real name, but a convenient alias, needed a break from all that fighting and stuff. So he decided to settle down at Suzunaan to pick up a ?foreign book? to read (he isn?t into Japanese, history or youkai, and neither am I). It?s the middle a festival, and he should be thankful that spellcard rules helped improve relations between humans and youkai (Jason himself is neither, but I will elaborate on that another time).
Guh. Needed to catch a break.
He sat down at one of the tables, reading a current issue of Air International that somehow ended up in Gensokyo.
Books of all kind can end up in Gensokyo, but how did a current issue that?s relevant right now get here?
Nonetheless, Jason decided to read. He isn?t going to buy this book, no, because he still has habits from the past, such as reading the book at the store and not buying it because it?s a waste of money (he?s partly my author avatar, so of course he would share some of my real-life habits). Either way, he enjoyed himself here, one of the rare times when he can feel remotely good.

Eventually, the question he though earlier caught up to him, and he decided to go up to Motoori, who was tending to the foreign books section.
Come on, don?t let it get to your head...
Gambling on the off chance that Motoori could speak English (my headcanon demands it), especially given her powers, Jason was about to ask, but a quick second thought caused him to reconsider and walk back to the table and read. Motoori looked at him, and said ?Oh, please, feel free to, uh, ask. I can speak, uh, English, you know.?
More like Engrish...
Jason simply replied with a blunt ?No?, and continued reading where he left off. He was surprise that Motoori can actually speak english, but he figured not to count on it.

Unbeknownst to him, an obviously western guy from the outside world sat down next to him. The first thing he said was ?Hey, you know who?s gay??
Seriously, what the hell is he doing here?
Jason snapped his head towards the newcomer who then answered ?YOU.?
?Who are you to call me that?? Jason felt the anger well up in him, but he shouldn?t lash out in a library.
?I?m saying you?re gay. That?s all that needs to be said.? This is getting out of hand real fast...
?Look, did you even take the time to get to know me??
?I?m saying you?re g--?
?Look, do you even know me, for fucksakes?!? Jason replied angrily, unable to take it anymore.
?Hey, don?t try and pull that ?common sense? crap, because you know as HELL that there?s no common sense here!?
The argument got louder and louder, and Motoori, who was still there, tried to shush them.
?Shhhh! This is, uh, library.?
Ignoring her, Jason shouted at the other outsider.
?You know what, fine! This is personal!?
?Oh yeah??
?Yeah! Wait a minute...? Jason looked at Motoori, then back at the other guy (oh right, it?s a library lol).
?Hey buddy, you wanna take this outside!?? he asked threateningly.
Wait, why did I call him buddy?
But the game?s already on, and there?s no stopping it.
?Sure!?

*Cue several hours later*

Jason and his ?enemy? are outside in the middle of one of the major streets in the human village, clearly decorated with festive items during a clear winter evening, with a full moon above, and a crowd gathering around them, including the residents and some of the ?friendlier?, so to speak, youkai floating above, Reisen, who stumbled on the whole thing while selling meds on Eirin?s behalf, Suika, for obvious reasons, and Mokou watching cautiously (from a distance). Jason and the other outsider are inexplicably holding a glass of sake.

?Wow, what a lovely evening!? Jason shouted in an aggresive tone.
What the hell?s going on here? Why am I even doing this?
?This was a really great idea!? shouted the other guy in the same tone.
And then they clink their glasses together, while maintaining hostile faces.

Well, this was stupid. Really, really, really, stupid.

(Man, do I fail at humorasdfghjkl)
« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 04:02:27 AM by SoundsOfSilence »

Failure McFailFace

• I'm h...a...p...p...y...
  • Impor
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2014, 02:12:23 PM »
Spoiler:
lol asdfmovie reference

Anyway, nice work. I'll be waiting for more.
1cc Easy: DDC (all) | 1cc Normal: UFO (SanA autobomb),  DDC (ReiA, SakA) , LoLK (Sanae PD)| EX clears: DDC (MarB Ultra) | Puzzle Games: StB: 10-X, DS: Hatate unlock, ISC: All clear

Stifled Voices

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2014, 08:54:58 PM »
Btw, ?Jason? is my OC. Hear him alot.
-----
Jason was heading back to his small house in the human village to rest for the night. Technically, he didn?t need sleep, but habits are habits. Long story short, but he was lucky enough to get a house with one and a half floors; his bed, which was like the beds in the outside world but scaled to the smaller headroom, was in what would be the attic. The main floor only contained a mat, a kotatsu (a tall one) and a simple bookshelf. Minimalism fitting for someone like him, who can?t really settle down anywhere.

Jason opened the wooden door to his house, and closed it behind him, locking it. That activated the wards protecting the house, so it can survive a bomb blowing up in it. Even master sparks can?t penetrate through this house. He was looking to get a good night?s sleep, but the moment he turned on the lights (simple magic light, like an invisible light bulb, coupled to a disconnected light switch he fitted in the house), that was all thrown out the window. He saw Team ⑨ (minus Rumia) and Kogasa around the kotatsu, with a cake on it, and a banner across the ceiling reading ?SURPRISE?. And then they yelled ?SURPRISE!?
Oh please no.

Jason was having none of it. He simply pulled out a Honey Badger with a card stuck in where the clip would go, and without bothering to aim down sights, simply fired danmaku bullets at Cirno and the youkai. Of course, he isn?t actually bothering with bullet patterns or bullet hell this time, and is just using the card for nonlethal magic bullets, in line with the bullets the other denizens of Gensokyo would fire. He hit every target, knocking them cold (yet he killed Cirno, who would simply respawn elsewhere), and shot up the decorations and confetti too. When the dust settled, there were four youkai on the floor and a dead fairy, and the room was a mess.

?Great. Here comes cleanup.?
Cleanup wasn?t really a problem for Jason though. He was prepared for this kind of scenario. Still, why would they possibly do a surprise party here? Since they managed to get into his house, Jason would have to *recalibrate* the wards.
Fuck you Garrus, you got that word stuck in my head.
-----
...Stupid memes were stupid.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 12:05:10 AM by SoundsOfSilence »

Stifled Voices

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2014, 03:47:51 AM »
A two-parter! This is the first part.
-----
This isn?t how I thought it would be, I read the manga, didn?t I?
That was Jason?s thought when he saw the the ?Fairy shrine?. He knew it was an abandoned radio tower, but even then, it felt... different. Maybe... that was an understatement. The tower was much taller, over three times as tall in fact. The overgrowth of plants was thinner as well, and there was a small clearing around the base, with a dirt road winding around it. Topping it all off, there was a patchwork series of platforms built around the built-in walkways. His mission here: Climb to the top of the tower, and activate it. He himself isn?t really interested, but I gave him the instruction, so he will follow it.
Oh fuck you for making me do everything...
The ?Three Fairies of Light? have already left, presumably to cause mischief among the humans, but Jason knew that he would face other challenges. He, however, knows that he is strong enough to defeat whoever stands in his way, and if it really comes to, kill them.
Let?s hope it doesn?t come to that.
I agree.

Jason settled by a hill some distance away, and pulled up a pair of binoculars to scout out the tower first. There are seven levels; three of them are built in, including the top one, disrepairs mundanely patched up, and connected by ladders... which are broken. The other four are made completely from local parts, such as other metal panels drifting in from the outside world, whether from the edge of the border or when no-one?s looking, and solid wood, held together seemingly by magic in some places. Some of the levels seem to have smaller structures built into them, as if there?s people living there. The broken ladder connects the base to levels one, three and four, and six to seven, with alternate entryways, various ledges that could be climbed, and of course, the frame itself. Normally, they wouldn?t matter since the residents here can fly, but Jason only has enough flying ability to jump higher, maneuver in the air while jumping, and cling onto ledges he normally can?t. As for residents, he saw that each level had about one more fairy than the last, starting with three, and on each level, one of them was a sunflower fairy or a kind of ?doom fairy?, infamous for their bullet patterns.
Normally, when you tackle things in seven stages here, there?s one youkai in the way each stage. I should try and find out about them too.
Not yet. That comes later.
Oh, damn you, now I get three options to tackle this. What now? You gonna work at Ubisoft when you grow up?

Well...
-----
You should know where this is going. I present you three options, which determine how Jason will conquer the radio tower.

Yuuka: Go in loud, using powerful attacks to defeat the enemy.
Momiji: Clear the area from long range, then move in.
Marisa: Stealth, or at least keeping the commotion to a confined area.

Okay, maybe four five.

Spoiler:
Yukari
: You cheater.
Spoiler:

: You thought you could beat the spoiler? TOO BAD. This path will bring refuge in audacity. Don't tell me I didn't warn you.

Take your pick.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2014, 04:26:32 AM by SoundsOfSilence »

Failure McFailFace

• I'm h...a...p...p...y...
  • Impor
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2014, 09:17:28 PM »
Take the 6th option: All of them.

Seriously though, I would like Yukari. You didn't say that Jason could just get Yukari to sequence-break and gap him to the top...?
1cc Easy: DDC (all) | 1cc Normal: UFO (SanA autobomb),  DDC (ReiA, SakA) , LoLK (Sanae PD)| EX clears: DDC (MarB Ultra) | Puzzle Games: StB: 10-X, DS: Hatate unlock, ISC: All clear

Stifled Voices

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2014, 12:00:40 AM »
Take the 6th option: All of them.

Seriously though, I would like Yukari. You didn't say that Jason could just get Yukari to sequence-break and gap him to the top...?

Hey, I'm not going to be swayed to use Yukari or number 6 so easily! Nice try, get an army next time. 'Course, gapping him up would be what Yukari could do (you cheater) if I pick her. We'll just wait (and stall my short stories) for other people here...

EDIT: Okay, fine number 6 Screw number 6, we're going Marisa with a twist.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2014, 02:05:31 AM by SoundsOfSilence »

Stifled Voices

« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2014, 01:04:54 AM »
Since the second part to my two-parter is taking some time, I thought I would write up a little thing to keep you occupied.
-----
They were at the front gates of the Myouren Temple. Byakuren was standing on one side. On the other was Kogasa. She was looking nervously at Yuuka. Yuuka was standing to her right. In the distance was Miko, Futo and Tojiko. Kogasa looked at Byakuren for a split second.
"Don't look at her, look at me."
Feeling without a choice, Kogasa looked back at Yuuka, even more nervously than before. The Karakasa was frozen in fear. There was only silence.
... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ...
-----
... ... ...
« Last Edit: February 25, 2014, 03:30:00 AM by SoundsOfSilence »

Stifled Voices

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2014, 05:44:58 AM »
Nothing ever goes to plan does it? I'm going to move the rest of my radio tower story arc over to a different thread, hopefully clearing up this one for more stories.

Stifled Voices

WE ARE ON THE F***ING MOON
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2014, 10:31:52 PM »
WARNING: The following contains coarse language. Viewer discretion is advised (*huff* *huff* oh man it's been a looooooooooooooong time)

-----

Whoa.

Holy mother of FUCK.

The moon. The MOON.

Of course, Jason can?t relax now, for he wound up on the far side of the moon, the dark of the moon at that.

Moments ago, he was standing by the shore of the Misty Lake at night, with no direction, or goal, until Yukari just showed up out of nowhere and shoved him physically into the reflection of the full moon. When he surfaced and got to shore, Jason found himself smack dab on a peach beach (loaded with peach palm trees), and the strange daynight skies mean only one thing; Jason is on the moon.

Even then, he wasn?t out of the woods; just some distance away, picking peaches off one of the peach trees, was Watatsuki no Toyohime, by herself.

Good thing Yorihime and those moon rabbits aren?t here. God? Damnit, Yukari.

Even though he never counted on meeting a Lunarian at all, Jason?s heard of the Watatsuki sisters, and the big debate over them going on in the ?real world? he would never visit.

Still, gotta focus on the matters at hand...

He found that Toyohime wasn?t paying attention to him; even when she turned towards Jason to go to another peach tree, with him out in the open and in her line of sight, she still didn?t seem to notice him. And then Jason remembered.

Oh, right. Purity.

Normally, all living beings are somewhere on the purity scale, whether pure like a Lunarian, Celestial, or Yuyuko, or impure like youkai or humans. Jason, however, doesn?t seem to read on the purity ?scale?; the Hourai trees don?t respond to him at all, but he never called himself pure, had his fair share of negative emotions (he?s an emotion sink), negative actions, and even a free pass to the Netherworld and Higan (well, from mortality?s viewpoint, the residents of the respective lands may not agree with that).

Hmph. So if being pure like a Lunarian makes one inconspicuous in the Capital, being neither pure nor impure makes me like Koishi to them?

Speaking of Koishi, her presence cannot be detected by anyone unless she allows it, and even if they have a line of sight, they might as well be seeing a rock.

In this case, Jason is not only inconspicuous to the Lunarians, but practically invisible, unless they are actively expecting his presence (they?re not, not now).

Great. I?m on the frikking moon, there?s an overpowered Lunarian that I?m not just going to kill picking peaches, and I need to get the hell off here. I don?t want to cause too big an uproar, so I can?t just jump back the way I came, because that would totally spook her, and cause an uproar.  I could just try and sneak along the shoreline away from her, that would be fast, that would be the pragmatic, clean solution to this problem--

What are you waiting for, stop thinking and get going!

Okay, okay. But thinking costs less than talking, right?

Ugh. Anyway, Jason began to hightail it outta there, but suddenly!

A phone vibrates.

He was taken completely by suprise, which he saw was coming out of the phone that was at his feet.

Who the hell leaves their phone on the MOON?

Worrying that Toyohime might hear the phone, he picked it up, and slid the slide lock on the touch screen to answer whoever may be on the line, without even thinking.

[Ambient 4: On Land - A Clearing]

?Hello? Who is it?? Jason answered.

There was a loud beep, and then a female voice, probably a teenager, responded.

?Maryberry.?

Maribel?

Jason tried to suppress his surprise at the fact that a girl who is from the near future and has a connection to Yukari is actually talking to him, let alone that she actually speaks English.

?You will NOT believe it. I am on the fucking MOON.?

Another beep.

?Holy fuck, I cannot believe it. I cannot believe that you are on the fucking MOON. Cannot fucking believe it,? Maribel replied on the other side.

There was a pause, before Jason answered back.

?The moon, for christ sake. The MOON.?

Yet another loud beep.

?Say again, the MOON??

?Yes. The fucking moon. I am talking to you from the fucking moon, without a suit, and there is a pretty sea? a pretty beach? and? a pretty lady.?

Maribel talked after the beep.

?Are you on the MOON? I? I? can?t? believe it? fuck. FUCK. Holy. Mother. Of. FUCK.?

?Holy. Mother. Of. FUCK,? Jason repeated.

Wait a minute?

Jason realised that he had been talking out loud the whole time, and that sound will still reveal his presence. But it?s too late now; Toyohime had already noticed his presence, and as she prepared to blow him away with her fan of ultimate destruction, Jason had only one thought.

Fuck you Yukari. FUCK. You.

With a flick of her wrist, Toyohime?s fan unleashed a powerful blast that swept Jason off his feet. That it managed to blow him away says something about the fan?s power. He fell straight into the Lunar sea, dazing him a bit. The water soon began to shift from an empty dark blue to a lighter, hazier greenish-blue, as fish began to swim by.

Back on Earth?

He can?t be sure where he is, so as he regained his composure, he swam towards the surface, and when he finally catches his breath (he didn?t need it though), he was exactly where he was when Yukari pushed him in, and she was still there.

?What the hell was that for?!? Jason angrily said to her, while still in the water, saying it as if it had just left off from when she pushed him in.

?A joke.?

Yukari?s words were a vague understatement, fitting of her personality, and Jason cannot believe she would go that far. Still, nothing of value was lost, since Toyohime doesn?t know of Yukari?s involvement, and they won?t find any impurity left behind.

This is another reason I hate summer?

Never liked it anyways...

-----

Fourth wall? Never heard of it.

BTW, sorry for coming back.

Stifled Voices

« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2014, 05:54:01 AM »
I try to shape it up now...
----------
Just another meeting of the Hourai immortals.

My (questionable) attempt at synchronizing the story with the surprisingly fitting (not saying much) lyrics of a song.

Note: Text color-coded for convenience as to whose viewpoint is whose
Kaguya = Purple
Mokou = Maroon
Eirin = Navy

Also, the lyrics of the song are in italics and I'll leave it up to your interpretation if the song lyrics are part of the dialog or not.

-----
It was quick. Getting into Eientei took no effort. She had known the forest down to its heart, no matter how much it may change. The rabbits were powerless, if they could do anything. Now, she stands before the grand building, and takes her step inside.
??
She stood in the eternal hallway of Eientei, almost carefree. She knew what was coming for her, and she was ready.

[[♫ Room of Angel ♫]]

♫You lie, silent there before me? ♫
The eternal hallway. You could walk for miles, but still be in the same place. And then there the Hourai Princess was, standing, her back turned. The only thing that matters is she dies. No more hatred, that has faded long ago. No more rage, time has sapped it dry. No more vengeance, when the others had already moved on? Just the desire to kill.

♫Your tears? Maybe nothing to me. ♫
How the Hourai Victim still wished to kill her so many times? Some people just don?t let go of old wounds. Amusing. She can keep trying, but she won?t find any satisfaction for it. She never found satisfaction then, so why would she this time?

♫The wind? Howling at the window, ♫
The windows of the eternal hallway. They all look out towards the same area. It?s the same wind, howling against every window.

♫The love? You never gave? ♫
There is no grace to be found here. It?s a solemn moonless night, as she approached her target from behind. No bullets, no patterns, no spell cards. Just a swift, brutal blow, tailored for the kill.

♫I give to you... Really don?t deserve it. ♫
The flames were dim, barely lighting the hall, graceless as the night. And down her target went.

♫But now, there?s nothing you can do ♫
It wasn?t enough. She wanted more than just that?
??
She was good, catching her there. But even as she lies on the floor, barely stained with her blood, she makes a small smirk, knowing that even as she meets her maker today, she will come back another day. It?s nothing personal...

♫So sleep? In your only memory... Of me, my dearest mother... ♫
The flames pulsated in her hands. The killing blow was ready. So this is how it will end. Not with majestic bullets, but with a flame to burn her to ashes, that she?ll just come back from tomorrow.

♫Here?s a lullaby to close your eyes? Goodbye. ♫
She heard the commotion, even from a room in a different part of Eientei.

♫It was always you that I despised. I don?t feel enough for you to cry? Oh well. ♫
...Even then, her words were only half-hearted. Not because she doesn?t really want to kill her anymore, but because the emotions of despisal just weren?t there...

♫Here?s a lullaby to close your eyes.  Goodbye? ♫
She noticed that she wasn?t paying attention, allowing her to slip under the darkness of the eternal hall, her bow ready to strike. They don?t hold any true grievance or hatred against each other anymore, just the feud. Yet, she will still play her part to protect the princess. And to that end, she drew the arrow. And fired.

♫Goodbye? ♫
The arrow struck her through the gut.

♫Goodbye? ♫
As she turned around, clutching her wound, she saw her new attacker...

♫Goodbye? ♫
The doctor.

♫So insignificant... ♫
She knew that no matter what she tried, the two were destined to fight each other for eternity, until the universe itself ends. All she can do is play her part?

♫Sleeping dormant deep inside of me... ♫
The flaming wings of the phoenix flickered, as she desperately tried to find strength in an unexpected situation.

♫Are you hiding away, lost, under the sewers? ♫
A world of the rejected and shunned?

♫Maybe flying high? in the clouds? ♫
The fireflies are dancing?

♫Perhaps you?re happy without me, so many seeds have been sown in the field. ♫
The doctor? even though she had already been drained of emotions, her words? in her heart, what heart she still had, she knew it wasn?t her speaking anymore. With the arrow taking what strength she had, she lost control.

♫?And who who could sprout up so blessedly if I had died? ♫
♫I would have never? felt sad at all. ♫

She wouldn?t let anyone stop her from killing her now. The phoenix is in control, it would know what to do, wouldn?t it?

♫You will not hear me say? I?m sorry. ♫
The wings burned bright in the darkness of the halls. The surge of energy burned away the arrow that was stuck in her. Her normally red eyes gleamed a ungodly orange, and as she staggered towards her, the doctor braced as the wings embraced her. Funny how, even after blows like these, there still only a hint of bad blood between them, just the Hourai Princess and the Hourai Victim?

♫Where? is the light? I wonder if it?s weeping somewhere... ♫
Having regained control of herself, she turned back towards the princess, hoping to finish her.

She stood above the princess, like she had moments before.

♫It was always you that I despised. ♫
She prepared the same killing blow again.

♫I don?t feel enough for you to cry? Oh well. ♫
As she looks at the princess? ruined body, she realises she?s already dead, having died of her wounds. Why die just now? To spite her? To deny her?

The pain returned, hard and sudden. The wound from the arrow was still there...

♫It was always you that I despised. ♫
As the pain brought her down to her knees, she realised she too was dying.

♫I don?t feel enough for you to cry? Oh well. ♫
While staying on her knees with the last of her strength, she looked at the princess? dead body with anger, rung hollow and empty.

She finally collapsed, next to her eternal enemy.

♫Goodbye... ♫
She looked at her foe's body one last time?

♫Goodbye? ♫
And tried to reach out. Alas, she finally gave out. Her arm goes limp. Her vision simply faded to darkness. Life had stopped flashing before her eyes long ago.
♫Goodbye. ♫
----------

...I still failed to shape it up.

P.S. Reisen has a hell of a cleanup job waiting for her when she gets back from her errands?

P.P.S. This is very ambiguous.