Author Topic: Utsuho Reiuji Card(s)  (Read 2386 times)

Onozuka Nikuyokura

• Powdered Sugar-Loli of Frosty Goodness
  • I'mma catch me an Iku Fish.
    • AWBW Forums
Utsuho Reiuji Card(s)
« on: October 14, 2009, 06:23:11 PM »
I say cards because others may have trouble with more than one.

My question is about the Petit/Mega/Giga/Whatever Flare Card series. This spellcard seems to have absolutely no pattern, rhyme, or reason to it. It gives me tremendous trouble on any difficulty, including Easy. Is there any sort of advice anyone can give on how exactly this card works? My second question is about her non-card (I think) that bursts out in a circle-like pattern, creating small windows of safety (Much like Sanae's checkboard attack in the extra mode). Is it merely luck getting into one of the windows? Whenever I get in front of her at a point I knew was safe last attack, the window seems to change slightly and knocks a life out of me.

Bananamatic

Re: Utsuho Reiuji Card(s)
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2009, 06:51:17 PM »
No pattern. Just predict how the suns shrink and watch out for the random bullets.
Also, make good use of the enemy indicator at the bottom of the screen(took me like 50 attempts to realize it), as it is easy to time it out on accident.

Forget about any patterns, just watch the suns and dodge them as if they were smaller.
About the noncard, just remember where to get.
Easy: just read it.
Normal: Just where the first moonrune from the bottom is.
Hard: slightly up from the bottom.
Lunatic......at the very bottom. Got killed there once though, dunno how :V
« Last Edit: October 14, 2009, 06:57:40 PM by Bananamatic »

Matsuri

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2009, 07:23:33 PM »
My second question is about her non-card (I think) that bursts out in a circle-like pattern, creating small windows of safety (Much like Sanae's checkboard attack in the extra mode). Is it merely luck getting into one of the windows? Whenever I get in front of her at a point I knew was safe last attack, the window seems to change slightly and knocks a life out of me.

That non-card there is absolutely static in that it spreads out in the exact same manner, every time. You simply have to adjust according to how Utsuho moves. If you're playing Easy mode, I prefer to actually go above Utsuho for that and milk that card for every graze it's worth. In Normal mode, stay just under either of her feet (not in the middle). It's a guaranteed safe spot, and it's worth an insane amount of graze points if you do it right. Give me a minute, I'll record a replay for you.

As for hard/lunatic, I have no idea, since I've never played SA on either of those difficulties. Sorry!

EDIT: Okay, here you go. Please feel free to end the replay after the nonspell in question, because I made a fuckton of stupid mistakes and died a lot. It's amazing how rusty one gets after a few weeks of not playing a game.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2009, 07:38:06 PM by Matsuri »

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2009, 08:55:06 PM »
Whenever I get in front of her at a point I knew was safe last attack, the window seems to change slightly and knocks a life out of me.
Be careful of vertical boss movement. Bosses don't just move horizontally.
http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=5371

Um, ignore the stupid deaths as usual :V
I should really refine the method of dealing with the 2nd non-spell too.
[16:25] <Kuruminut> Shut up MS Word, "fangirlism" is totally a word
<>
[07:59] <Sapz> ベーティさんは馬鹿っぽいだろう、この「っぽい」好き者

Onozuka Nikuyokura

• Powdered Sugar-Loli of Frosty Goodness
  • I'mma catch me an Iku Fish.
    • AWBW Forums
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2009, 09:12:30 PM »
Many, many thanks. the non-attack rarely kills me now and the Flare series gives me a bit less trouble knowing that the suns can be grazed like red magic bullet.