Author Topic: Magical Lotus - Mahou Shoujou Byakuren - Episode 5, Part 2  (Read 95513 times)

Re: Magical Lotus - Mahou Shoujou Byakuren - Episode 5, Part 2
« Reply #600 on: December 24, 2017, 01:52:04 AM »
>You're probably right. One crisis at a time, though.

>And we did win this time. Kiku points out. We've now beaten a Grey and a Dawn. Any Jewel might be able to threaten us, but it may take a White or Black Jewel to defeat us all.

« Reply #601 on: December 24, 2017, 02:05:44 AM »
>Even as strong as they may be, I have faith in the six of us working together.

« Reply #602 on: December 24, 2017, 02:28:53 AM »
>Even as strong as they may be, I have faith in the six of us working together.

>"Speaking of which, we should collect Lily and Carnation." Chrysanthemum suggests. "We should compare notes, discuss how we might improve our performance if we have to do this again."

« Reply #603 on: December 24, 2017, 02:40:46 AM »
>"Yes."
>Let's go gather up our allies

« Reply #604 on: December 24, 2017, 03:07:34 AM »
>"Yes."
>Let's go gather up our allies

>"How'd you do against Camille?" White Rose asks her fellow feline as you head back up to the roof to collect Carnation. "You could track her good?"
>"Not as well as I could others. Apparently Camille's Jewel enabled her to shield her presence, including masking her scent. But she could never do it perfectly, which I suspect is due to the psychic disruption we inflicted upon them. And we were able to maintain pressure enough on her to prevent her from concealing herself entirely. But I believe I should practice my hunting techniques. I haven't really had to use them since I was a normal tiger. Had I been a true hunter as I once was, I would have been able to corner her without Linia's aid."
>"What happened at the end?" Poppy asks her. "Did you fight Kenyu when he was charging that spell of his?"
>Chrys nods. "I had to buy time. I knew you three and Hiyori had a better chance against Kenyu then Linia and I did. So I tried to distract him. But Linia lasted longer than I did."

>Popping up to the roof, you find the rest of your team together. Lily and Carnation are sitting with Haruka and Cinnamon, the latter of which makes a beeline for Reisen as soon as her ears are visible to the little fairy.

« Reply #605 on: December 24, 2017, 03:11:42 AM »
>Oh boy, better brace our eardrums....

« Reply #606 on: December 24, 2017, 05:29:04 AM »
>Oh boy, better brace our eardrums....

>"How'd you get changed so fast?" Cinnamon asks as she approaches, at a fairly reasonable volume for her.
>"That's part of our magic." Poppy replies.
>"Neat!" As quickly as the smile appeared on her face, it is replaced with a look of sadness. "I'm sorry I got myself shot like that. I should have covered you better."
>Poppy shakes her head. "It only made sense for Kenyu to go after you first. You're better at aerial combat than I am. If anything I should have been covering you."
>"Well we can get you better!" Cinnamon says confidently, happy again. Then, as if remembering something, she turns to you and White Rose. "Oh yeah, I need to thank you, you kept Poppy safe. So thanks!"

« Reply #607 on: December 24, 2017, 06:42:36 AM »
>"All of us kept each other safe."

« Reply #608 on: December 24, 2017, 06:49:20 AM »
>"All of us kept each other safe."

>"Yeah, that's what we do for each other." says White Rose.
>"Well, thanks!" Cinnamon's hair whips around as he head twists rapidly. "Where's Hiyo, I need to thank her too."
>"She went to get changed." Chrysanthemum tells her. "Which I suggest you do, too."
>"I should?" Cinnamon looks at herself, as though only now realizing she was naked. "Oh yeah, Haruka told me that too. But then Lily showed up and we said hi and I got distracted so I didn't get changed. I should get changed, but I'll be back!" she declares, bolting for the hole in the ceiling behind you.

« Reply #609 on: December 24, 2017, 06:54:41 AM »
>After she's gone: "No lack of enthusiasm, that one."
>Continue onward

« Reply #610 on: December 24, 2017, 07:40:13 AM »
>After she's gone: "No lack of enthusiasm, that one."
>Continue onward

>"Comes with the fairy territory." Chrys remarks flatly.
>With one energetic blonde absenting herself, you resume your walk towards your own energetic blonde, who is chatting happily with Haruka and Carnation. The latter of which, you note, no longer appears disappointed, and is actually smiling.
>"Congratulations, girls." Haruka greets you. "A hard fought victory."

« Reply #611 on: December 24, 2017, 07:45:41 AM »
>"It was that. Kenyu is even stronger than I realized."

« Reply #612 on: December 24, 2017, 07:53:33 AM »
>"It was that. Kenyu is even stronger than I realized."

>The miko, covered by a plain robe, nods. "The power of the high level Blood Jewels is immense. And unlike Breakdown, Kenyu knows what he can do with his Jewel and has the faculties to use them. By himself he is a formidable foe. With his coven, they are extremely difficult to beat. I admit, I think that even I underestimated him a little. I myself possesses no small amount of power or skill, and supported by Carnation, I thought we could take him. I was wrong."
>"Maybe, but not by a lot." says Carnation. "He only beat us as quickly as he did because he used the terrain against us and US against us. We'll beat him next time."
>Haruka chuckles a quiet, warm laugh. "Your newest ally does not lack for spirit or resilience, Lotus."

« Reply #613 on: December 24, 2017, 07:58:45 AM »
>Smile
>"I never doubted it."

« Reply #614 on: December 24, 2017, 08:03:10 AM »
>Smile
>"I never doubted it."

>"I knew she'd fight right in!" Lily says happily, giving Carnation a sudden hug.
>Haruka leans forward. "So, Lotus. As the leader of your group, what was your opinion on this exercise?"

« Reply #615 on: December 24, 2017, 08:13:25 AM »
>"Interesting. And educational. Although I feel that spreading our forces as we did at the start may have been responsible for some of our casualties. I understand the purpose here as a cooperative exercise, but the powers we wield combine together such that any two of us are far stronger than the sum of us alone. Smaller groups may have given the Protectors greater chance to engage on equal ground."

« Reply #616 on: December 24, 2017, 08:27:44 AM »
>"Interesting. And educational. Although I feel that spreading our forces as we did at the start may have been responsible for some of our casualties. I understand the purpose here as a cooperative exercise, but the powers we wield combine together such that any two of us are far stronger than the sum of us alone. Smaller groups may have given the Protectors greater chance to engage on equal ground."

>"My conclusion as well. I knew that your group were more effective when you were together, but I didn't realize just how true that was until this exercise. Your group is greater than the sum of its parts; it only took three of you to overwhelm Kenyu's Jewels. I can only imagine what all six of you together might do on the battlefield."

« Reply #617 on: December 24, 2017, 08:34:08 AM »
>"I have no doubt we'll find out before all this is over."

« Reply #618 on: December 24, 2017, 09:02:04 AM »
>"I have no doubt we'll find out before all this is over."

>"I hope you never need to find out, but I suspect you are correct. Still, you've already demonstrated what you can do when your group works together as one. One need not look further than the effect you had on the Stuntrons."
>"Yeah, that was pretty cool." Lily says with a big smile.
>"All the same, I'm sure you've already encountered some situations where you group were forced to separate. And undoubtedly you will do so again. Exercises such as this will help prepare you for those times."

« Reply #619 on: December 24, 2017, 09:12:40 AM »
>"I don't disagree. And better to practice in an environment where the stakes are lower, after all."

« Reply #620 on: December 24, 2017, 09:18:48 AM »
>"I don't disagree. And better to practice in an environment where the stakes are lower, after all."

>"And we're pleased to be able to offer you the opportunity."
>"Leaving that aside for the moment, how would your judge the cooperative efforts between our two groups? I understand things didn't work out very well between you and Sen."

« Reply #621 on: December 24, 2017, 09:29:41 AM »
>"Well, given that she charged in while I was incapacitated and then I never saw her again, I wouldn't say there was much opportunity for things to work out at all. Though from what I heard, the other groups seem to have made out rather better, and Hiyori's aid against Kenyu was certainly appreciated."

« Reply #622 on: December 25, 2017, 02:05:50 AM »
>"Well, given that she charged in while I was incapacitated and then I never saw her again, I wouldn't say there was much opportunity for things to work out at all. Though from what I heard, the other groups seem to have made out rather better, and Hiyori's aid against Kenyu was certainly appreciated."

>"She does work well with others. And I was slightly surprised to hear that Lily and Linia worked together as well as Lily says."
>The little blonde nods. "She was quiet but we got on good!"
>Mostly good. Lily adds. I know I don't read people as well as you do, Lotus, but... Well, I kinda got the sense that Linia was a little afraid of us.

« Reply #623 on: December 25, 2017, 02:08:59 AM »
>Perhaps because of what we did to the Stunrons. Which is unfortunate; it hurts a little to think that any ally might fear us.

« Reply #624 on: December 25, 2017, 02:37:29 AM »
>Perhaps because of what we did to the Stunrons. Which is unfortunate; it hurts a little to think that any ally might fear us.

>It's not that big a surprise, though. remarks Reisen. We're a new, unknown power in the world that can do the impossible. And we're a unique threat to the Blood, Bright and Black alike.

« Reply #625 on: December 25, 2017, 02:51:58 AM »
>You're quite right, of course. Still, it makes me feel a little sad.

« Reply #626 on: December 25, 2017, 04:02:06 AM »
>You're quite right, of course. Still, it makes me feel a little sad.

>Did you get that same sense from any of the Protectors? Kiku asks.

« Reply #627 on: December 25, 2017, 04:17:32 AM »
>Not Kenyu, that's for certain - not anymore, at least. I didn't really interact with most of them very much, though.

« Reply #628 on: December 25, 2017, 04:28:18 AM »
>Not Kenyu, that's for certain - not anymore, at least. I didn't really interact with most of them very much, though.

>Anymore? Lily asks.

« Reply #629 on: December 25, 2017, 04:35:28 AM »
>Well, he did express some wariness about the issue when we first met, but I feel he was reassured by our interactions that we aren't a threat to them.