Author Topic: Magical Lotus - Mahou Shoujou Byakuren - Episode 5  (Read 99267 times)

Re: Magical Lotus - Mahou Shoujou Byakuren - Episode 5
« Reply #900 on: August 26, 2017, 01:53:36 AM »
>Some of us draw power from duty and dedication, but for her I think it's always been about a simple-hearted love for the world and the people in it and not wanting any of them to get hurt.
>But I may suggest she at least try to give me some warning if she expects to be elsewhere while we're 'on the job'.

>That sounds reasonable. Kiku replies with a mental nod. I must admit, though, I had wondered why she did not show up during the fight. True, it was relatively short, but I would have expected her to arrive before the end. What was she doing?

« Reply #901 on: August 26, 2017, 02:15:53 AM »
>She, um.... I think that might be considered personal.

« Reply #902 on: August 26, 2017, 02:19:57 AM »
>She, um.... I think that might be considered personal.

>Oh. Surprisingly, Kiku chuckles. I might have known.

« Reply #903 on: August 26, 2017, 02:22:11 AM »
>Lily is Lily.

« Reply #904 on: August 26, 2017, 04:20:21 PM »
>Lily is Lily.

>You've noted this behavior yourself?

« Reply #905 on: August 26, 2017, 07:17:06 PM »
>Well, perhaps not in the middle of an outing, but I can't be completely surprised.

« Reply #906 on: August 28, 2017, 09:18:26 PM »
>Well, perhaps not in the middle of an outing, but I can't be completely surprised.

>It is a pity our enemies are not so easily sidetracked. Kiku says as the tiger woman approaches where you stand.

>"So you believe her now?" White Rose asks Wataru.
>"I would prefer to." the cop replies. "I don't like the idea of someone winning over Kenyu and then turning out to not be who they claim to be." He takes a long breath. "It's obvious you girls trust her. I won't tell you not to. Just be careful is all. Whether they're criminals or not, every moon rabbit on Earth has a past, and between what they've done and what was done to them, none of them are benign ones."

« Reply #907 on: August 28, 2017, 09:47:17 PM »
>"That may be so, but our pasts do not have to dictate our future."

« Reply #908 on: August 28, 2017, 10:11:01 PM »
>"That may be so, but our pasts do not have to dictate our future."

>"Trust too easily, and someone like me might be carving that on your tombstone." Wataru warns. "Kenyu would be very upset if that happened, and so would I."
>"You really care about what he thinks." White Rose observes.
>"I do. There's two people that really helped me get over what happen in G-9. Kenyu's one of them. I'd tear off my arm before I'd see him upset."

>Chrysanthemum clears her throat. "Excuse me, Officer?" she asks politely.
>"Yes?"

>With Wataru's attention diverted, Rin makes a private confession, This guy kinda confuses me, Mistress. I don't like what he said about Reisen, but I gotta say, I admire how he feels about Kenyu.

« Reply #909 on: August 28, 2017, 10:29:37 PM »
>If he struggles to separate Reisen from other moon rabbits after living through Garrus, I can't entirely blame him. She had nothing to do with it, but some wounds run very, very deep.

« Reply #910 on: August 29, 2017, 12:11:47 AM »
>If he struggles to separate Reisen from other moon rabbits after living through Garrus, I can't entirely blame him. She had nothing to do with it, but some wounds run very, very deep.

>G-9, Garrus.... That was that prison the moon people ran, wasn't it? The one on the island off the west coast?

« Reply #911 on: August 29, 2017, 12:29:53 AM »
>Assuming that location is correct: Yes.

« Reply #912 on: August 29, 2017, 07:04:54 PM »
>Assuming that location is correct: Yes.

>It is, which you confirm.
>We covered that in history class, right? The kasha's face grows sad. Lotta bad things happened there, didn't they.

>"If you'll excuse me, Lotus," Chrysanthemum says, interrupting your conversation with Rin. "If you were finished discussing matters with Officer Tomari, I would like to issue him a challenge."
>The ghost of a grin tracks across male tiger's face for a moment, then he gives you a nod. "You oughta sit down for a bit. Kenyu might want to pick up where you two left off before. Best to rest while you can."

« Reply #913 on: August 29, 2017, 07:08:20 PM »
>Smile
>"I won't say no to that."
>Let's give the two of them some room

>A lot of very bad things, yes.

« Reply #914 on: August 29, 2017, 08:23:21 PM »
>Smile
>"I won't say no to that."
>Let's give the two of them some room

>A lot of very bad things, yes.

>Leaving the two cats to their own devices, you and White Rose turn and make your way towards the arena seats to take a load off. Along the way, a number of mikos offer you their kudos on your victory.
>I know that happens in wars, says Rin, but those prisons were worse than killings in wars. Rin seems rather glum as her thoughts dwell on the lessons learned of those atrocious places. I wonder if that's what'll happen if we lose.

« Reply #915 on: August 29, 2017, 08:28:41 PM »
>We're not going to lose. Too much is at stake and too many people are supporting us. We will find a happy ending for our friends and our city and both our worlds.

« Reply #916 on: August 30, 2017, 02:12:25 AM »
>We're not going to lose. Too much is at stake and too many people are supporting us. We will find a happy ending for our friends and our city and both our worlds.

>Yeah. I know, Byakuren. Rin says with a nod as you find a seat, your kasha sitting next to you. She always lets you sit first. I didn't mean to sound beaten. It's just... Well, thinking of a place like Garrus, what those people musta gone through. Makes me think of when I was in my own prison. She smiles gamely. "Sorry." she says quietly.

« Reply #917 on: August 30, 2017, 02:16:20 AM »
>Put a hand on hers and smile
>Nothing to apologize for.

« Reply #918 on: August 30, 2017, 02:27:53 AM »
>Put a hand on hers and smile
>Nothing to apologize for.

>I know it's not the same thing, too. I mean, I didn't come from Konngara looking like... Well, that. she says, nodding faintly towards Wataru, who is now conversing with Poppy, Chrysanthemum and Cynthia. All of whom are now fully dressed again, you note. And when I came away from Konngara, I had you right there. Rin grips your hand and smiles again, this one much more warmly. "I know how lucky I am."

« Reply #919 on: August 30, 2017, 02:35:47 AM »
>"Then that makes two of us."

« Reply #920 on: August 31, 2017, 09:35:16 PM »
>"Then that makes two of us."

>"Excuse me." a voice says politely, interrupting your little moment with White Rose. It is Miyo, the purple-winged miko you spoke with earlier. She appears to have exchanged her glasses for contact lenses. The effect on her appearance is not dramatic, but rather noticable. "I hope I'm not intruding?"

« Reply #921 on: August 31, 2017, 11:17:32 PM »
>"Oh no, not at all. What is it?"

« Reply #922 on: September 01, 2017, 12:24:50 AM »
>"Oh no, not at all. What is it?"

>"May I sit down?"

« Reply #923 on: September 01, 2017, 01:21:43 AM »
>"Of course."
>Make room for her if there isn't already

« Reply #924 on: September 01, 2017, 03:17:09 AM »
>"Of course."
>Make room for her if there isn't already

>There's ample room on both sides, and the purple-winged youkai takes the spot to your left, leaving you seated between two pretty ladies. Yup, Marissa was defiantely right about this being one of the best seats in the world.
>"I wanted to congratulate you on your victory." the studious miko says to you and Rin. "Kenyu and his Protectors are a powerful and talented group."

« Reply #925 on: September 01, 2017, 03:23:57 AM »
>"'Protectors'?"

« Reply #926 on: September 01, 2017, 03:36:50 AM »
>"'Protectors'?"

>"The five of them call themselves that." Miyo explains. "Each of them comes from a line of work where they worked in some kind of defense, protecting people. Hiroichi-san is a firefighter, Tomari-san is a police officer, Henderson-san is a hospital worker, Radu-san is a former police officer, and Walker-san comes from the military. She used to be a helicopter pilot in the air force. Protectors in their own way. They may not all have the same job, but they all defend people in their own way."

« Reply #927 on: September 01, 2017, 03:54:39 AM »
>"I can appreciate that. And thank you - though I know Kenyu could have made us work harder for that victory if he'd wanted to."

« Reply #928 on: September 01, 2017, 04:04:22 AM »
>"I can appreciate that. And thank you - though I know Kenyu could have made us work harder for that victory if he'd wanted to."

>Miyo nods. "He's very powerful. He and Onee-sama have had some truly epic battles." The miko smiles lightly, a little glimmer in her eye. "It is a shame you and he could not finish your battle. You were holding your own much longer than many of my sisters had thought. I was hoping to see you and he battle to the end."

« Reply #929 on: September 01, 2017, 04:24:48 AM »
>"I'm certainly open to picking up where we left off."