Author Topic: Magical Lotus - Mahou Shoujou Byakuren - Episode 5  (Read 99258 times)

Re: Magical Lotus - Mahou Shoujou Byakuren - Episode 5
« Reply #840 on: August 18, 2017, 11:03:08 PM »
>If it's bouncing, then let's give it something better to bounce off of. Deploy a Sapphire Lotus in its path to attempt to bounce it towards an enemy - any enemy will do
>Then try to move towards Rin's position, while still taking care to not unnecessarily expose ourselves to danger

>The only opponent you could bounce it towards at the moment is Kenyu, which would mean sending it at Reisen as well.

« Reply #841 on: August 18, 2017, 11:10:30 PM »
>It's really not possible to bounce it in Cynthia's general direction or something?
>If there's no way to do this, just try to deflect away from us in general and otherwise follow last post's commands

« Reply #842 on: August 18, 2017, 11:21:26 PM »
>It's really not possible to bounce it in Cynthia's general direction or something?
>If there's no way to do this, just try to deflect away from us in general and otherwise follow last post's commands

>Even though you've hit her, you didn't knock her from the air. She's too far up in the air for the grenade to reach her unless you were to grab it and throw it. And you're reasonably sure it would explode if you tried that.
>So instead of deflecting it to your right, you send it in the opposite direction. The Opal projectile explodes, releasing a cloud of dark blue gaseous energy, but you're moving too quickly for it to touch you. Heading towards White Rose, you keep an eye on Cynthia, noting that your blast has not removed all of her clothing, but has taken its toll on her outfit. She, like you, is focused more on changing her position, heading back towards the tiger youkai. Said youkai, now looking at you, points his left hand at you, but a blast of fire from Rin's direction diverts her attention. As he did with you, he erects an Opal shield to handle her attack, but unlike the light you unleashed upon his shield, Rin's attack is undiminished. As his Opal shield fails, the tiger is forced to turn away from you and use his stronger Jewel, which resembles an Amethyst now that you're closer to the man, to defend himself.
>"Lotus, watch out!" Chrysanthemum calls out from behind you.

« Reply #843 on: August 19, 2017, 12:42:44 AM »
>Quick glance behind us to see what we might be being warned about, and be ready to shield or dodge as needed

« Reply #844 on: August 19, 2017, 03:45:13 PM »
>Quick glance behind us to see what we might be being warned about, and be ready to shield or dodge as needed

>"Spectrum shift: Caster!" you hear Reisen exclaim as you glance back over your shoulder to see the X-shaped blast of Opal energy flying in at you. It's just big enough and fast enough for you to think that you can't quite dodge it. But since it's an Opal level, weaker than the Sapphire, your own Sapphire Lotus can handle it without requiring all of your energy. So you point your scepter behind you and erect a barrier of Sapphire energy, letting the Opal blast explode against it, without really slowing all that much.
>Out of the corner of your eye you see Cynthia has righted herself and starts to orient herself towards you, but her attention is drawn by something else. You hear Reisen invoke "Caster: Lightning Beam!" and the crackling sound electricity flies in at the tengu. Cynthia is forced to turn her attention from you to deal with the new threat.
>Try and take the Amethyst one first! Poppy advises. He's the strongest next to Kenyu.
>What, Amethyst? Lily's vice cuts in as the tiger Blood, having warded off White Rose's latest attack, turns his own Opal Jewel towards you. Instead of attacking you directly, a trio of hard-light spike strips appear on the floor of the arena between you and Rin. What's going on out there? Lily asks.
>What if Cynthia's holing back? Kiku asks.
>No way, not against Lotus and White Rose. The Sapphire has to be his Jewel of Rank, and that makes the tiger stronger.

« Reply #845 on: August 19, 2017, 06:11:03 PM »
>Are we close enough to Rin to have an open combo shot with her on the tiger?
>If so, is anyone else close enough and unoccupied enough to contribute?
>If the answer to both of these is no, let's Amber Lotus the spike strips and keep moving

« Reply #846 on: August 19, 2017, 08:39:52 PM »
>Are we close enough to Rin to have an open combo shot with her on the tiger?
>If so, is anyone else close enough and unoccupied enough to contribute?
>If the answer to both of these is no, let's Amber Lotus the spike strips and keep moving

>Not from where you are now, no. Well, you can certainly both attack him at the same time, but you can't generate a dual tech.
>Also no.
>Anxious to get to Rin's side, you invoke a wide-beam Amber Lotus. Even diffused among multiple targets, your light is strong enough to make the Jeweled constructs dissolve into thin air. The cop is starting to look a bit hard-pressed, and rightly so, as he finds himself fighting both you and White Rose nearly by himself. No doubt Cynthia would be helping him now in some way, but the tengu appears to have her hands full with Poppy, by the sounds of things. "White Retainer's Flame Haze!" Rin makes things even more difficult for the tiger youkai as she sends a thick cloud of smoke towards him, embers and sparks dancing within the haze. With his attention diverted by the smoke, Rin takes the opportunity to make a dash towards you.
>And then the battlefield is filled by a blinding blue light.

« Reply #847 on: August 19, 2017, 08:44:19 PM »
>Do we have any idea where that came from?
>Is it so bright that we can no longer actually see the rest of the battlefield?
>Does our link with our companions actually allow us to sense where they are despite not being able to see them? Or just with our mystical senses in general?

« Reply #848 on: August 19, 2017, 09:36:48 PM »
>Do we have any idea where that came from?
>Is it so bright that we can no longer actually see the rest of the battlefield?
>Does our link with our companions actually allow us to sense where they are despite not being able to see them? Or just with our mystical senses in general?

>It has the sensation of Cynthia's Sapphire Jewel.
>Yes.
>Clarify.

« Reply #849 on: August 19, 2017, 09:43:27 PM »
>Well, we have the ability to detect magical energy in a pretty precise fashion. Can we use this to sense where people are located on the battlefield without having to use sight? Just focus on their magic - both that of our adversaries and our companions.

« Reply #850 on: August 19, 2017, 10:24:11 PM »
>Well, we have the ability to detect magical energy in a pretty precise fashion. Can we use this to sense where people are located on the battlefield without having to use sight? Just focus on their magic - both that of our adversaries and our companions.

>Yes. It would not be exactly as accurate as seeing them, but it would be very close to it.

« Reply #851 on: August 19, 2017, 10:30:09 PM »
>Then let's take evasive maneuvers from our current position so that we're not standing exactly where anyone expects us to be if they can't see through this, and fire a Scarlet Lotus at the tiger.

« Reply #852 on: August 21, 2017, 08:41:59 PM »
>Then let's take evasive maneuvers from our current position so that we're not standing exactly where anyone expects us to be if they can't see through this, and fire a Scarlet Lotus at the tiger.

>As you start to feint right, you sense the discharge of Amethyst energy from the tiger youkai's position. Fortunately for you, your anticipation of such a move allows you to sidestep the bolt of energy, albeit without a great deal of room to spare. Returning the favor, you send a powerful blast of Scarlet light back the way that attack from. You still can't see through this wall of Sapphire light, but you can hear the Blood cop emit a "Bwagh!" sound. Which sounds a bit satisfying to your ears. At a guess, you hit him.

« Reply #853 on: August 21, 2017, 08:54:33 PM »
>How close do we think we are to Rin at this point? Close enough to move to take hold of her hand?
>And if she doesn't have acute enough mystical senses to penetrate this light, do we think it would be reasonably possible for her to fire a technique with us if we aimed her hand along with ours? Or would she need more freedom of movement than that?

« Reply #854 on: August 21, 2017, 09:57:10 PM »
>How close do we think we are to Rin at this point? Close enough to move to take hold of her hand?
>And if she doesn't have acute enough mystical senses to penetrate this light, do we think it would be reasonably possible for her to fire a technique with us if we aimed her hand along with ours? Or would she need more freedom of movement than that?

>Close, but not there yet.
>Yes.

« Reply #855 on: August 21, 2017, 10:00:17 PM »
>Then let's quickly move towards her
>Rin, take my hand. Let's see if we can land a paired attack on the tiger before the light fades - I can sense him well enough to aim, but he mightn't well enough to know what we're doing.
>Try to take her hand

« Reply #856 on: August 21, 2017, 10:31:23 PM »
>Then let's quickly move towards her
>Rin, take my hand. Let's see if we can land a paired attack on the tiger before the light fades - I can sense him well enough to aim, but he mightn't well enough to know what we're doing.
>Try to take her hand

>With both of your current enemies seemingly dealt with, at least momentarily, you finish closing the distance between you and Rin.
>As you contact Rin, you hear her sniff the air quickly before the kasha reaches out her hand. Your hand is not the first thing she grabs. Sorry. she apologizes quickly as she takes her hand off your chest.
>"You'll pay for that." Cynthia growls. The Sapphire light fades as suddenly as it sprang into life, and the tengu attacks again. She seems to have roughly the same idea as you did, as she braids her two powers together. From her hands there comes a massive blast of blue and green energy.
>Cynthia fires just as Rin takes your hand.

« Reply #857 on: August 21, 2017, 10:37:47 PM »
>Change of plans - hit her instead!
>Let's twine our power with Rin's and meet Cynthia's attack head on with a Vermillion Lotus beam

« Reply #858 on: August 22, 2017, 09:38:16 PM »
>Change of plans - hit her instead!
>Let's twine our power with Rin's and meet Cynthia's attack head on with a Vermillion Lotus beam

>Understood!
>Hand in hand in Rin, you unleash your Vermillion Lotus as Rin discharges her White Retainer's Flame. The fireball that results from your dual tech is no larger than the blast Cynthia unleashed but is far more intense. Cynthia's Jeweled might is impressive but her power is no match for yours. Her turquoise blast bursts when your fireball hits it, and while your attack is reduced, it is not stopped. To the tengu's credit, she doesn't get stunned. She beats her wings and takes to the sky, firing another quick blast from her green jewel that takes a bit more energy away from your Vermillion Retainer's Flame, but not enough to stop it. Your dual tech with Rin strikes the airborne tengu, and even reduced in power, the shot is still strong enough to take Cynthia down to her skivvies.
>As Cynthia growls, Kenyu speaks up. "We give."

« Reply #859 on: August 22, 2017, 09:55:36 PM »
>"Oh?"

« Reply #860 on: August 22, 2017, 10:14:14 PM »
>"Oh?"

>"I think Cynthia'd be happier if we gave before you stripped Wataru completely." the firefighter replies. You see that the big man himself has seemingly been gotten the better of. His pants are still on, mostly, but his shirt has been shredded. Cynthia's down to her underwear, and a look around reveals the other two Blood have also been bested. Ioana the biker is presently wearing nothing but a smile, seemingly totally at peace with the idea of being unclad, while Camille is also down to her underwear.
>It is Wataru, though, that draws your eye. Your Scarlet Lotus did not completely remove all the policeman's clothes, but the bits of skin you can see tell quite a story. The man's torso is riddled with scars. He looks like he was used as a training dummy for a swordsmanship school when he wasn't being whipped. The oddest scar is the mark on his upper arm. It looks more like a brand than a scar, and though you can't tell exactly what it is, there's something about that shape that looks familiar. Not something you've seen in person, but in school.
>"Besides," Kenyu adds, "I've seen enough to know that Wataru and me couldn't take the five of you when we're already down a few articles."

« Reply #861 on: August 22, 2017, 10:27:17 PM »
>"Very well, then. We accept."
>Let's bow respectfully to our opponents. Even Cynthia. Perhaps especially Cynthia.
>Nice work, everyone.
>How did our crew fare, anyway? Minoriko in particular.

« Reply #862 on: August 23, 2017, 03:28:48 PM »
>How did our crew fare, anyway? Minoriko in particular.

>All in all, a good showing. Minoriko did take some damage, but really not as much as you might have expected. And neither the fight nor her current state seem to have bothered her too much. She's presently standing with Camille and Ioana having what appears to be a pleasant conversation. It is unfortunate that you couldn't spare the focus to see what sort of powers she had in combat, but given the fact that she seems to have manifested the quarterstaff she is presently leaning against, you would assume she is at least partially melee capable. Kiku, showing no more damage than a hole in her skirt exposing part of her thigh, is walking towards Kenyu.
>Perhaps owing to the fact that she changed spectrums, Reisen appears completely clothed. Insomuch as her Caster form is clothed. White Rose hasn't fared quite as well. But easily the one who's sustained the most damage is you. Which is no great surprise as you had two fights in a row. The fact that you and Kenyu fought each other and then engaged in this 5 on 5 and kept at least some of your clothes on is a mark positive for the both of you.

>Nice work, everyone.

>Thank you.Thanks. Rin and Minoriko answer in unison.
>An informative exercise. replies Kiku. Worth doing again, especially if all of us are here. she adds sharply in Lily's direction.
>You started without me! the blonde protests.
>Where were you? Rin asks her.
>Lily audibly hesitates. I was, uh... I got distracted.

>"Very well, then. We accept."
>Let's bow respectfully to our opponents. Even Cynthia. Perhaps especially Cynthia.

>"Always with the bowing." you hear Ioana drawl.
>"It's the Yamato way." Minoriko informs her, without looking directly at the naked woman. Camille calls in a plain robe and drapes it over the biker's shoulders. Ioana grins at her fellow Blood and bows to Minoriko. She and Camille do likewise. Kenyu chuckles warmly and returns your bow.
>"We could've taken them if you'd used your Jewels." Cynthia gripes at her leader. It's only now you realize that not once during the battle did you sense Kenyu use either of his two powerful Jewels.
>The oni shrugs. "Wanted to make it more fair. They were down a man. Plus I wanted to see how Poppy's swordsmanship stacked up to my axe." He grins, slightly flexing the muscles of his bare chest. "I lost."
>And then Wataru comes back to his feet. Given his apparant connection to Cynthia, and his attitude towards Reisen, you imagine he might not take losing all that well. But to your surprise, he says, "Now I see how you beat the Stuntrons." with honest respect, and bows his head to you.

« Reply #863 on: August 23, 2017, 05:11:55 PM »
>Let's return the gesture
>And then rematerialize our missing clothing

« Reply #864 on: August 23, 2017, 09:47:46 PM »
>Let's return the gesture
>And then rematerialize our missing clothing

>"How do you hit me so accurately after Cynthia flashed?" Wataru asks as you take a moment to reclothe yourself. "I'd have expected that from one of the non-humans, but not you."

« Reply #865 on: August 23, 2017, 10:34:36 PM »
>"I could tell your location from the sensation of the power you wield - not quite as precisely as if I could see you, but close."

« Reply #866 on: August 24, 2017, 12:27:19 AM »
>"I could tell your location from the sensation of the power you wield - not quite as precisely as if I could see you, but close."

>"Impressive. That trick hasn't been foolproof, but it usually works better than that, at least."
>"Doesn't your group get affected by that light, too?" White Rose asks him as she too repairs her uniform.
>"We train for that. It's only really a problem for one of us, but a little warning and proper training takes care of that." The scarred policeman scratches his nose with his thumb. In doing so, he raises his arm slightly, giving you a better look at the scar branded onto his upper arm. A 'G' over a circle. You stifle a gasp as the memory clicks. Garrus. That mark was branded onto prisoners of the infamous Garrus prison camps during the second Lunarian war. No wonder he doesn't like moon rabbits. The rabbits than ran those camps did unspeakable things to their captives. That would explain all those scars. He probably WAS used as a training dummy.
>Rin isn't quite as restrained as you are and gasps audibly. Wataru simple nods and smiles slightly. "Someone paid attention is history class." he says wryly.
>"I'm sorry, I-"
>"Don't be. I get that whenever anybody sees me." He glances back over his shoulder briefly at Cynthia, who is still grumbling to Kenyu about his sloppy performance. "That's why she gets defensive of me at times like this. One of the reasons, anyway. I'd say 'try not to hold it against her', but really, I know how she comes across."

« Reply #867 on: August 24, 2017, 01:40:43 AM »
>"She does have a certain... abrasiveness to her."

« Reply #868 on: August 24, 2017, 01:57:26 AM »
>"She does have a certain... abrasiveness to her."

>"She's had a rough time of it." he says. This coming from someone who's been though what he has? "It's not always easy being Blood, but sometimes it's harder being a woman." He pauses and sighs quietly. "I don't suppose you think too much better of me, do you. After what I said."

« Reply #869 on: August 24, 2017, 02:29:45 AM »
>"I can see where it comes from and I appreciate your candor."