Author Topic: Magical Lotus - Mahou Shoujou Byakuren - Episode 5  (Read 99265 times)

Re: Magical Lotus - Mahou Shoujou Byakuren - Episode 5
« Reply #240 on: May 11, 2017, 02:48:06 AM »
>"Yes, perhaps we should."
>Let's see if anyone else has anything to say before we assume that means 'Now'

>In fact, Minoriko does. "Um, how exactly do we contact people outside our group? Without revealing our identities."

« Reply #241 on: May 11, 2017, 03:09:35 AM »
>Produce our snazzy new cell phone
>"Behold: the Lotusphone."
>Pause for effect
>"I bought it for the express purpose of having a phone number I can give to people as Lotus, without it being connected to me. Also, being able to check a map while out and about is sometimes handy for 'work'."

« Reply #242 on: May 12, 2017, 02:55:34 AM »
>Produce our snazzy new cell phone
>"Behold: the Lotusphone."
>Pause for effect
>"I bought it for the express purpose of having a phone number I can give to people as Lotus, without it being connected to me. Also, being able to check a map while out and about is sometimes handy for 'work'."

>Nitori provides the applause. Always good to have a shill in the audience.
>Minoriko smiles. "Yes, I imagine it would be."
>"Disposable phone might've worked better, y'know." says Nitori. "High tech ones like that are easier to track."

« Reply #243 on: May 12, 2017, 03:22:18 AM »
>"If government agents are somehow intent on tracking down my location by hacking my phone, then I expect they were already bound to find me one way or the other. Certainly Haruka isn't."

« Reply #244 on: May 12, 2017, 04:02:14 AM »
>"If government agents are somehow intent on tracking down my location by hacking my phone, then I expect they were already bound to find me one way or the other. Certainly Haruka isn't."

>"That's what she WANTS you to think."

« Reply #245 on: May 12, 2017, 04:25:50 AM »
>"Well, I think you're being paranoid. Besides, I cannot imagine harm would come to us, even if Haruka did know who we are. Covertly repelling supernatural threats is a large part of her job as well."

« Reply #246 on: May 12, 2017, 04:42:40 AM »
>"Well, I think you're being paranoid. Besides, I cannot imagine harm would come to us, even if Haruka did know who we are. Covertly repelling supernatural threats is a large part of her job as well."

>"You're probably right. Can't help it, though, I'm a Kappa. Wings always make me edgy. Built into me."

« Reply #247 on: May 12, 2017, 04:57:26 AM »
>It's hard to imagine Lily making anyone edgy
>"In any event, I can give her a call on this and try to see if we can arrange something for later. That is, if no one has anything else they want to talk about first?"

« Reply #248 on: May 12, 2017, 05:16:52 AM »
>It's hard to imagine Lily making anyone edgy
>"In any event, I can give her a call on this and try to see if we can arrange something for later. That is, if no one has anything else they want to talk about first?"

>Perhaps that one is an exception?
>"Nah, go on, gives me a chance to finish feeding." Nitori says. None of the other girls reply with an affirmative.

« Reply #249 on: May 12, 2017, 05:22:20 AM »
>"Fair enough."
>Let's go find a work number on Haruka (or the closest we can manage at her shrine) and give it a ring on the Lotusphone
>Though, uh... probably we should transform first, just in case our voice as Lotus sounds different to outsiders than our normal voice

« Reply #250 on: May 14, 2017, 06:59:59 PM »
>"Fair enough."
>Let's go find a work number on Haruka (or the closest we can manage at her shrine) and give it a ring on the Lotusphone
>Though, uh... probably we should transform first, just in case our voice as Lotus sounds different to outsiders than our normal voice

>Checking through your phonebook app on your Lotusphone, you do not find the Haruka of the shrine listed. There is a Haruka Sawashiro listed, but the address doesn't match that of the shrine, so you assume it is a different woman.
>So after transforming, you dial up the main number listed for the Phoenix Shrine, as it is known amongst your classmates. On the third ring, an elderly female voice replies, "Thank you for calling the shrine of the Red Fire Bird, how may I help you today?"

« Reply #251 on: May 14, 2017, 08:51:10 PM »
>"Could I speak with Haruka Sawashiro, please?"

« Reply #252 on: May 15, 2017, 12:33:27 AM »
>"Could I speak with Haruka Sawashiro, please?"

>"Just a moment now, dear, I'll see if she's free."
>The 'hold' music that comes onto the line is cut from a different bolt than the usual stuff. The Fire Temple uses a drum and bell with a piano playing counterpoint, providing backup to a chorus chanting in a language you don't understand. It's actually quite soothing, and you find yourself starting to enjoy right about when the music clicks off. "Sawashiro." says the slightly distorted voice of Haruka. It sounds like she's using an old model cell or cordless.

« Reply #253 on: May 15, 2017, 01:54:08 AM »
>"Ah, hello there. This is Lotus."

« Reply #254 on: May 15, 2017, 04:16:10 AM »
>"Ah, hello there. This is Lotus."

>"Well this is a surprise. I didn't think I'd be hearing from you so soon."

« Reply #255 on: May 15, 2017, 04:35:12 AM »
>"It's been a hectic few days, but there's no crisis unfolding at the moment, at least."
>"I imagine things must have been very hectic for you as well."

« Reply #256 on: May 15, 2017, 04:48:06 AM »
>"It's been a hectic few days, but there's no crisis unfolding at the moment, at least."
>"I imagine things must have been very hectic for you as well."

>"Yes. But luckily, I've managed to avoid pitched battles with Blackbloods so far. How did you ever get mixed up with them?"

« Reply #257 on: May 15, 2017, 04:57:11 AM »
>"I learned that one of them harbored an entity within them similar to the one that had taken hold of Satori. We went to deal with it. I'm curious how much you've heard about what happened."

« Reply #258 on: May 15, 2017, 05:23:36 AM »
>"I learned that one of them harbored an entity within them similar to the one that had taken hold of Satori. We went to deal with it. I'm curious how much you've heard about what happened."

>"Not a great deal for certain. We know that you and your group engaged a gang of Blackbloods. We know that you defeated their leader, the one called Motormaster, but no one seems to know what happened to the others. A miko from the Turtle shrine spotted a woman driving one of the motorcycles belonging to the gang, but there's been no sign of the driver himself. Did they escape you?"

« Reply #259 on: May 15, 2017, 05:36:54 AM »
>"The, um... the Blackbloods are no longer Blackbloods."

« Reply #260 on: May 15, 2017, 05:39:41 AM »
>"The, um... the Blackbloods are no longer Blackbloods."

>Haruka pauses briefly, then asks, "I beg your pardon?"

« Reply #261 on: May 15, 2017, 06:02:49 AM »
>"They are no longer linked to the abyss. We... freed them of that. I suppose you could think of it a little like purifying youma."

« Reply #262 on: May 15, 2017, 06:07:45 AM »
>"They are no longer linked to the abyss. We... freed them of that. I suppose you could think of it a little like purifying youma."

>The eagle youkai pauses again, longer this time. "Perhaps it's the connection, but I'm not certain I'm hearing you correctly. Perhaps this is a matter best discussed in person?"

« Reply #263 on: May 15, 2017, 06:12:10 AM »
>"If you'd like. I was actually calling to see if your earlier offer for us to train with you still stood - or if matters at the shrines were too disrupted by recent events. A space here to practice our arts without drawing public attention would undoubtedly be helpful."

« Reply #264 on: May 15, 2017, 06:28:32 AM »
>"If you'd like. I was actually calling to see if your earlier offer for us to train with you still stood - or if matters at the shrines were too disrupted by recent events. A space here to practice our arts without drawing public attention would undoubtedly be helpful."

>"We would welcome you here, Lotus. Especially after your encounter with the Blackbloods. I don't know how much you know about them, but we have information on what they are and what they are capable of. And you haven't seen the last of them, I can almost guarantee you that." she adds, and though her tone is neutral, there is an ominous sensation that accompanies it.

« Reply #265 on: May 15, 2017, 06:33:58 AM »
>"Sadly, I suspect you're right. In any case, how does this afternoon work for you?"

« Reply #266 on: May 15, 2017, 06:43:58 AM »
>"Sadly, I suspect you're right. In any case, how does this afternoon work for you?"

>"Quite well. It will give me time to contact an acquaintance of mine, someone who provides some unique assistance now and again."

« Reply #267 on: May 15, 2017, 06:59:50 AM »
>"Very well; this afternoon, then."
>Assuming she has nothing else to say, let's sign off and relay anything that the others mightn't have already overheard

« Reply #268 on: May 15, 2017, 07:59:55 AM »
>"Very well; this afternoon, then."
>Assuming she has nothing else to say, let's sign off and relay anything that the others mightn't have already overheard

>She does, in fact. "Do you have any kind of special requirements I should know about?"

« Reply #269 on: May 15, 2017, 08:13:02 AM »
>"Nothing comes to mind at the moment."