Author Topic: A Comiket 77 Thread  (Read 55867 times)

Dead Princess Sakana

• E is for Elodie, who swims with the fishes.
Re: A Comiket 77 Thread
« Reply #120 on: January 04, 2010, 03:58:23 PM »
That's a screenshot from the roguelike from Aquastyle, with English text inserted. It was a test by someone to see if it was possible in preparation of a translation.

Formless God

« Reply #121 on: January 04, 2010, 04:08:52 PM »
Ah ... thanks. I thought it was already translated, though :<

Dead Princess Sakana

« Reply #122 on: January 04, 2010, 04:14:15 PM »
I wish the same, but I doubt it's gonna happen that fast.
Though it seems that Deranged might do the translation and seeing how good of a job he and the others are doing on Tohou Soccer there might be hope.

« Reply #123 on: January 04, 2010, 09:37:22 PM »
Ah ... thanks. I thought it was already translated, though :<
It just came out :V

Dead Princess Sakana

« Reply #124 on: January 08, 2010, 09:55:31 AM »
I suppose most people have been following the stuff that's been coming out in one way or another, so most of that might be known. But I'll still mention some more games that came out, because there might be people to find them interesting:

東方紅魔迷宮~Adventures of Reimu: A puzzle game in which you have to collect P-Items to open the doors to the next levels. Trying to prevent your success are different characters that all act on certain rules. For example Remilias shoot you (with Gungnir of course) once you get in a straight line with them, Meilings only wake up when you have collected all items in a level and Rumias will fall down once they hit you to block your path. Also has a mode to design levels yourself.

東方ぐるぐる弾(Touhou GuruGuru Dama): Yet another puzzle game, where you have to align coloured blocks in lines of 3 or more to make them disappear. The character art may not be the best, but the game makes up for it with nice voice-acting and Music-remixes by IOSYS!
Plus there's a story mode (intro video can be seen on the site I linked) in which each of the characters takes part in a puzzle-challenge issued by a mysterious [R].
Spoiler:
There's also a nice case of Charisma Break in Sakuya's ending

東方遊宴世界(Touhou World): Next up is a platformer featuring a large cast of characters that you can switch through at will. A strong point of this game is, in my opinion, the possibility to play it multiplayer with a friend. Other than that, I think the pictures speak for themselves as to what to expect in the game. (I couldn't find an official site for this one.)

東方SASA: This one is from the makers of Touhou Soccer, so quality is assured. It's an action game starring the Eientei cast in which your characters fly and spin around controlled by the recoil from shooting danmaku. Need I say more?
Spoiler:
Well, I could mention that the FIRST boss in the game is Nue o_0

幻想少女大戦(Touhou SRW): Last one I want to mention, and the reason I decided to make another post here in the first place, is the long-expected Touhou SRW (the real one, not that weird other game).
Alas, it is only a trial version that has come out, but at least it's something. I can't say how long the trial is in total, but there seem to be at least two maps for both Reimu and Marisa respectively. Graphics, animation and music give this game a genuine SRW feel, especially the music is awesome.
Though I'm glad this game has no voice-acting. I don't think I could stand hearing all those fairies you kill scream, it's already heartbreaking enough as it is now ;_;
Oh, and the fairies' tackle attacks look absolutely hnnng~

Alright, that's all. Maybe you'll find something you like in there.

Observer

• Light Bearer
  • Arcanum Infinitum
    • Primum Mobile ~ Doujin Circle
« Reply #125 on: January 08, 2010, 10:40:57 PM »
So many Touhou fan games came out... The amount of full original releases was ridiculously small.

Anyway, did the After Burner clone, Master Burner came out? Does anyone have any info on this?

Another interesting fact I found is that Paletweb and Himeyashop are officially distributing the Touhouvania and its OST for the people overseas. Nice detail.

RE-BORN INDISCRIMINATE INSTINCT

N-Forza

• Information Superhighway Robbery
  • I said it was a steal, but not for whom
« Reply #126 on: January 09, 2010, 12:17:41 AM »
I didn't actually see the booth selling Master Burner, but I saw another person at the booth next to mine who had it, and it looked like another demo, so that's still not all the way done either.

Spidere

• My magic finger will make your problems go away
  • But I'm an asshole, so you won't get any of it
« Reply #127 on: January 09, 2010, 10:07:39 PM »
Master Burner is awesome, it's basically the closest thing we'll get to a 3d Touhou.

I wish you could still play as Flandre though. Oh well, good game nonetheless.

« Reply #128 on: January 10, 2010, 06:02:38 AM »
Darn and I don't live in japan.
The last time i visited I didn't know about touhou. Many missed opportunities.

But if I ever travel there again, I'd like to know where to find Touhou merchandise.

Specifically fangames.

Specifically this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qO7oVpqJcw&feature=player_embedded

perhaps a suwako hat while I'm at it.

Dead Princess Sakana

« Reply #129 on: January 10, 2010, 07:49:30 AM »
But if I ever travel there again, I'd like to know where to find Touhou merchandise.

Specifically fangames.
Akihabara in general, Tora no Ana in special. That's where I got my stuff. TnA carries most of the newest (and also older) doujin games. And there's some shops dedicated to only doujin games as well, not hard to find (I mean, how could you miss a shop with a giant TV showing UFO Extra?). And for other fanstuff there's the Animate stores in every big city.

« Reply #130 on: January 10, 2010, 01:50:27 PM »
large TV's showing UFO extra?

That should aid me in my quest.

Dead Princess Sakana

« Reply #131 on: January 10, 2010, 02:32:03 PM »
Well, they might show something different next time you are there, but I think you get the idea. You really can't miss the TVs, there were three of four of them (another one was showing Touhouvania for example).
Really, just go down the main road of Electric Town Akihabara from the station and you WILL find everything you're looking for.

You weren't much of an Anime/Maga fan back then if you didn't even visit there, eh?  ;)

SupahVee1234

• Koishi isn't cute
  • would you like some deathbomb
« Reply #132 on: January 10, 2010, 02:46:15 PM »

東方遊宴世界(Touhou World): Next up is a platformer featuring a large cast of characters that you can switch through at will. A strong point of this game is, in my opinion, the possibility to play it multiplayer with a friend. Other than that, I think the pictures speak for themselves as to what to expect in the game. (I couldn't find an official site for this one.)

Does anyone have a download link for this one? It looks awesome.

Spidere

« Reply #133 on: January 10, 2010, 03:20:42 PM »
Well, first, don't request download links.

Just try google. type this though, or you can't find what you want: "Touhou Yueen Sekai"
Cut and paste that, and look for your link.

SupahVee1234

• Koishi isn't cute
« Reply #134 on: January 10, 2010, 03:27:03 PM »
Thanks a lot. Sorry for requesting a link. In fact I searched on google, but I searched "Touhou World".

Spidere

« Reply #135 on: January 10, 2010, 03:33:23 PM »
That's what I did. It took me a while to realize that the Japanese name is the only thing that works.

Also, the one I found crashes when I try to save, so you need to choose wisely.

Dead Princess Sakana

« Reply #136 on: January 10, 2010, 03:36:05 PM »
EDIT: *Shame on me*
« Last Edit: January 10, 2010, 06:02:05 PM by Sakana »

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #137 on: January 10, 2010, 05:58:29 PM »
Please do not request downloads for Touhou games or give hints as to how to find them. We do not endorse piracy. If I see this again from either of you probations may be handed out.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Dead Princess Sakana

« Reply #138 on: January 10, 2010, 06:01:38 PM »
Gah, sorry. I didn't know about giving hints. Won't happen again >_<

Spidere

« Reply #139 on: January 10, 2010, 06:15:45 PM »
Gah, sorry. I didn't know about giving hints. Won't happen again >_<

I also didn't know about the hints. Won't happen again.

Gpop

« Reply #140 on: January 10, 2010, 06:16:57 PM »
Read forum rules.

Dead Princess Sakana

« Reply #141 on: January 10, 2010, 06:38:33 PM »
Oops, I didn't notice the rules were updated  :-\
Yes, those are clear words there.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2010, 06:40:27 PM by Sakana »

Gpop

« Reply #142 on: January 10, 2010, 06:39:42 PM »
Oops, I didn't notice the rules were updated  :-\
Yes, those are clear words there.

The piracy rule was always there since the creation of the new forum (I'm pretty sure in the old forum as well).

Dead Princess Sakana

« Reply #143 on: January 10, 2010, 06:42:49 PM »
Ah no, I didn't mean it like that, sorry.
I knew those rules, of course. But I think it the zero tolerance on everything (including stupid hints) wasn't as clear before.
Anyway, my fault for not thinking things through.

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #144 on: January 10, 2010, 06:56:05 PM »
"Hinting" isn't in the rules because it's assumable that you can't do it based on the spirit of the rule. I like to think our users aren't the type to play the letter-of-the-law game.

It's worth noting this is only a warning, though. No tangible punishment is going to be handed down unless you guys do it again.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Dead Princess Sakana

« Reply #145 on: January 10, 2010, 06:59:47 PM »
Acknowledged. I just etched the rules into my memory once again.

Spidere

« Reply #146 on: January 10, 2010, 07:02:12 PM »
Alright then. Thanks for the mercy.  :P

SupahVee1234

• Koishi isn't cute
« Reply #147 on: January 10, 2010, 07:07:13 PM »
Sorry. Won't happen again.

Valentinya

• Does not play well with others
« Reply #148 on: January 11, 2010, 01:55:04 AM »
I suppose most people have been following the stuff that's been coming out in one way or another, so most of that might be known. But I'll still mention some more games that came out, because there might be people to find them interesting:

I played the trial to that game awhile back and it was pretty fun. Guess I have another game to add to my ever growing list of ones I want to buy  :P

Darn and I don't live in japan. The last time i visited I didn't know about touhou. Many missed opportunities.

But if I ever travel there again, I'd like to know where to find Touhou merchandise. Specifically fangames. Specifically this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qO7oVpqJcw&feature=player_embedded and perhaps a suwako hat while I'm at it.

Does anyone have a download link for this one? It looks awesome.

It's not too hard to find sites to buy the games from really. Just to name a few there's toranoana, akiboo, and w-canvas. However just about every site that carries the games is in Japanese. So if you're like me and can't read Japanese you can just pay someone else and have them buy it for you. There's actually a member here on the forums by the name of N-Forza who does that. For your convenience I'll include the link to his thread below:

http://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php?topic=566.0

I hope that helps  :)

« Reply #149 on: January 11, 2010, 04:50:10 AM »
Well, they might show something different next time you are there, but I think you get the idea. You really can't miss the TVs, there were three of four of them (another one was showing Touhouvania for example).
Really, just go down the main road of Electric Town Akihabara from the station and you WILL find everything you're looking for.

You weren't much of an Anime/Maga fan back then if you didn't even visit there, eh?  ;)

I did visit akihabara, but yeah I was never an anime/manga fan or knew of touhou...now that I know of touhou it's a bit different.